Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

l o l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
They're just a perfectly normal family in a perfectly normal slice of life. No secret identities whatsoever, no sir.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd never heard of gekka bijin before, but unfortunately the translation is incomplete and the pages are in random order on mangadex. so, that sucks.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

whoa what, gekka bijin was totally my jam like a couple years ago, drat that's a pleasant surprise

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

This manga needs more Anguish.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
When Endo decides to finally let every cat out of every bag, it's gonna be a gigantic mess.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

theGrooseofLegend posted:

They're just a perfectly normal family in a perfectly normal slice of life. No secret identities whatsoever, no sir.

Yep so full that sometime I wonder why I am reading this boring dull uninspired manga about boring uninspired ordinary people.

EDIT

Supersonic Shine posted:

When Endo decides to finally let every cat out of every bag, it's gonna be a gigantic mess.

Realtalk: it's going to be magnificent.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 17, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007078

Anya's hypothetical adventure with Yor is incredible.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sindai posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007078

Anya's hypothetical adventure with Yor is incredible.

Much like that imaginary guy, i'm dead.

e: Anya takes better notes than i do

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 28, 2020

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This and Loid discovering Anya's "notes" had me rolling, how is this manga such pure gold every week? :allears:

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
I love this series so much. The bit where Loid starts worrying that he hasn't taken good care of Anya's mental health was genuinely touching. :unsmith:

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh man. Chapter like this make me love this Manga and always give me mixed feelings when we get side mission chapters.

Laughing out loud over here.

And let's not forget good Dad Loid, we thinks he's failing his adoptive daughter and immediately makes plans to set it right, putting Anya back at easy Sooo good

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I was genuinely surprised that Loid does actually work as a psychiatrist, I just assumed he was doing spy stuff whenever he said he was going to work.
He must have superhuman stamina with everything he has to juggle.

InspectorCarbonara fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2020

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I was genuinely surprised that Loid does actually work as a psychiatrist, I just assumed he was doing spy stuff whenever he said he was going to work.

If i had had to guess i would have thought they would go to a fake hospital set up by his handlers, with Frankie playing all the roles or something. This was way better.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Yor's fantasy Bring your daughter to work day was hilarious. I love that Anya has her very own Assassin Dress as well. :3:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"My dad is a spy ... spychiatrist."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That's it, that last chapter was too dull and boring, I'm dropping the series.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

Come on man, we got a really in-depth look at the work life of a very normal psychologist and why he loves his work, that's gotta be worth something, right?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Are you joking this chapter was great

EDIT: Looking at your other posts you clearly are

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dangerous Person posted:

Are you joking this chapter was great

EDIT: Looking at your other posts you clearly are

Yup, just doing some good-natured shitposting in a thread about a manga I like.

EDIT: and if you can't guess, I'm not actually dropping this series.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 28, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if someone dropped this series, they wouldn't post in the thread about it. they'd be way too busy drinking blood and howling at the moon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

What?

We got a misunderstanding where the principal thought that Loid hits his patients, we got a funny scene of doctors rethinking their opinion on ghosts after a spooky noise, and we got Anya's terrible handwriting.

I know this comic being about a very normal family can be dull, but this had a bit more of them getting into comic circumstances. I don't see why this one would be the dealbreaker.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

The magnifying glass creeping up from the bottom is utter perfection.

This chapter had so many fantastic panels! Also Anya was basically Charlie Kelly this chapter and I love it

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Anya and Yor's matching murder outfits were very adorable. Comic good.

It's time for a new gimmick, man. You've been repeating the same thread joke since August last year.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I love that image of shocked Anya bathed in blood of the guilty. It's so dark.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

There's something very Yor about running away on a wild daydream tangent about taking Anya to an assassination rather then her very real and good civil servant cover story :allears:

Question is, when do we get the follow up chapter where she has to do investigate Yuri?

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They kinda slip it in there, but they say he's a research psychiatrist instead of a clinician, so presumably he gets away with a lot of it by just claiming any time he's doing spy stuff that he's out doing research.

Also that scribbled bond picture is so cute :kimchi:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
My home internet connection's been crapping out the past couple of days, and it shut off at just the right time to prevent the big reveal page from loading, leaving me with just the setup from Loid. It was surprisingly tense!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I do wonder if there's any long term consequences from this, though I guess Anya being such a spy-obsessed ditz probably helps her get away with it and it might actually enhance their cover.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm kind of curious how loid could fit through that escape route.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm kind of curious how loid could fit through that escape route.

He disguises himself as a child

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I like to think there was an ordinary escape route, but also an entrance to the vents and Anya made a decision.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Arianya posted:

There's something very Yor about running away on a wild daydream tangent about taking Anya to an assassination rather then her very real and good civil servant cover story :allears:

The best part is that Anya was reading her mind, so she basically did get to see what an assassination is like.

And instead of being freaked she was just :geno: maybe I'll go somewhere else instead

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The entire family (barring Bond) was a real hoot this chapter. I think Anya is slowly being acclimated to her parents' secret kookiness.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

The entire family (barring Bond) was a real hoot this chapter. I think Anya is slowly being acclimated to her parents' secret kookiness.

That's because Bond is a dog, not an owl. :v: Dogs wort.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sorry this is kind of old, but LOL

I've been kind of disinterested in comics lately, but a friend recommended this to me and I adore it. I've always hard a hard time finding books funny, but there were several moments throughout the series so far that got me really good. The dodgeball issues is 10/10.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Break week with a cool color spread

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Even the break weeks make me laugh, that caught me off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Sorry if this has been answered already, but is the agency Yoru works for associated with the East, the West, or neither?