Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

iwentdoodie posted:

No lie this is exactly what iRacing is like in these things at this track, too. I thought it was just idiots online, but nope.

Wayyyy back in the 1st (and only) NASCAR supported online series, the NROS (using NASCAR Racing 2), I qualified for their championship series ( I think it was top 300 or 500 in the rankings, can't remember). One of the races was Pocono, and using my vaunted "I'm staying away from every one of you crazy motherfuckers" strategy I finished like 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I love pocono

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The winner of the trucks race wrecks immediately on lap 1 yesssss

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

now there has to be a wreck l1t1 in cup

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

big nipples big life posted:

now there has to be a wreck l1t1 in cup

There's a couple drivers I can volunteer with a stuck throttle into the turn 1 wall

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
:munch:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so many crashes

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

god gently caress those entrance walls, they’re practically hitting head on

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Pocono was built on an ancient Indian LGBT orphanage burial ground

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The xfinity series has ARCA level drivers these days. There’s barely 10 guys who are even decent.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Ungratek posted:

The xfinity series has ARCA level drivers these days. There’s barely 10 guys who are even decent.

I feel like a lot of the best people moved up to cup from last year (Reddick, Custer, Bell, etc), but you've still got at least a third of the field right now in contention every race, which is pretty much standard in all the top level motorsports. Chastain, Gragson, Briscoe, and Cindric slugging it out every race is cool with me. With the volume of drivers in NASCAR's top three series, I think there's a larger number of obvious backmarkers, though. I've found the Xfinity series to be pretty good this season, and feel like the trucks are the least of the three in 2020 again. Crafton winning the championship without having won a race in two years was dumb as gently caress imo, and there's not many truck drivers that I like right now to make up for such a disappointment.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wonder if this gets going again today.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

wonder if this gets going again today.

i doubt it at this point

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

well, never mind then

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It’s gonna be tight to get this finished before the sun goes down. Reminds me of the wacko Indy race that Kahne won a few years back.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I don’t think they’re going the entire distance

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Kyle Busch tears are delicious. That dude can't give a press conference without whining.

Also, lol at Bubba hitting the ramp avoiding the 37 wreck and putting all 4 tires in the air. I would make a Dukes of Hazzard reference but it's probably not appropriate.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Wouldn't want that race every weekend, but it is fun to see a strategy race every so often.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shyduck posted:

Yeah I don’t think they’re going the entire distance

Aged well

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1277368205049245697

Sounds like the musicians who performed the Star Spangled Banner gave it a bit of an intro today too.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

iospace posted:

Aged well
Aye

Although they raced past sundown and any caution at all would’ve made things sketchy

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

harperdc posted:

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1277368205049245697

Sounds like the musicians who performed the Star Spangled Banner gave it a bit of an intro today too.
Once again, why is NASCAR the most progressive sport on racial issues? I'm proud of NASCAR for doing stuff like this, because you know it was vetted. But why can't the more mainstream sports with predominantly black athletes do as well?

Edit: Thanks for this, btw. I was not familiar with Life Every Voice before today, and feel better for having learned about it.

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 29, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shyduck posted:

Aye

Although they raced past sundown and any caution at all would’ve made things sketchy

I was of the opinion the next flag would end it.

It was the checkers

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dik Hz posted:

Once again, why is NASCAR the most progressive sport on racial issues? I'm proud of NASCAR for doing stuff like this, because you know it was vetted. But why can't the more mainstream sports with predominantly black athletes do as well?

Edit: Thanks for this, btw. I was not familiar with Life Every Voice before today, and feel better for having learned about it.

The credit I’m giving NASCAR is in booking Black musicians to play the anthem. Adding in “Lift Every Voice” seems to have been this duo of musicians (or just the piano player?) ad-libbing on the platform they were given.

Also, the other sports with Black athletes? They’re not playing right now. The NBA has supported other causes in the past. And overseas right now, athletes are participating in kneels before matches in ways that were not seen before May 2020. The landscape has shifted, so it’s not necessarily NASCAR being first but being the only one out there at the moment.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

For what it's worth, the vast majority of races I went to at PIR as a kid (NASCAR, Indycar, hell even the Copper World Classic) had Jesse McGuire playing the anthem. Dude is loving amazing.

Video is from the 2001 World Series because I can't find any at PIR that aren't shaky poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlqof_Vvbg

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

IOwnCalculus posted:

For what it's worth, the vast majority of races I went to at PIR as a kid (NASCAR, Indycar, hell even the Copper World Classic) had Jesse McGuire playing the anthem. Dude is loving amazing.

Video is from the 2001 World Series because I can't find any at PIR that aren't shaky poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKlqof_Vvbg

In like 2002 or 2003, the Spring Richmond race had the Anthem on the sax (maybe the same guy as yesterday) and it was insanely good.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Video of Portnoy n-wording it up all over the place going viral, NASCAR (per Jenna Fryer) completely radio silent

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

absolutely floored that dave portnoy would do that.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

galaxy brain not hiring any black people so you can say the n word at work

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The only thing I remember about Dave Portnoy is loudly announcing to everyone his girlfriend hosed her Soul Cycle instructor and calling it “Cuckcycle” as an apparent insult. It was very confusing to me.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1278411895372996608

gonna go ahead and call this a big yikes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Corey set his account to private. I'm sure some drivers would love to drive this but I don't think he's one of them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

gotta love all the (shrug) people in the mentions, like they 1000% wouldn't set fire to the team hauler if it ran a THANK YOU OBAMA paint scheme

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gross

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wonder where all the "Lets keep politics out of Nascar" guys are now?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1278459684886806528

There still needs to be an invert in there somewhere, but I'm going to give it a pass because it's at Bristol.

The thing which sticks out in my mind upon seeing this is the post SRA made a couple years ago when he made his (brief) return to the thread by saying he'd "suck whatever horrible cock it took to pay his people".

The sponsor sucks but, if it helps Corey/GoFas, I'll learn to live with it.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

CBJSprague24 posted:

The thing which sticks out in my mind upon seeing this is the post SRA made a couple years ago when he made his (brief) return to the thread by saying he'd "suck whatever horrible cock it took to pay his people".
Maybe he would have more money if his daddy's airline didn't kill people. :colbert:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hopkins FBI posted:

Maybe he would have more money if his daddy's airline didn't kill people. :colbert:

And he didnt smoke the devils ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

SRA

"I blacked out, and I woke up in a car that was tokyo drifting everywhere. The driver was a punisher. A punisher of eyes. She offered a flask and I took an oblivion-seeking slurp. I blacked out again, woke up in grappling school, wolfed some cookies, and willed myself back into unconsciousness."

https://youtu.be/AUhE5KsJ5hk