Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

goblin week posted:

Master/apprentice would work

I vote for Chad/Virgin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arivia posted:

just in their skin lightening products, which are sold in Asia to create whiter skin

Oh it sounded like that would take marketing, say, foundation for fair skin and make them redefine

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RFC2324 posted:

thats gonna make shopping for makeup a little more complicated, and toothpaste hilarious

You buy a lot of L'oreal toothpaste?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SiKboy posted:

You buy a lot of L'oreal toothpaste?

You realize loreal is over 500 brand names, right?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I cannot for the life of me track down a great radio piece I heard years ago. I thought it was on Too Much Information but all I'm sure of is it was one of those Moth-style things, a monologue telling a story that you understand is not necessarily 100% historical. The guy says he's a sales consultant and he's visited one day in his office by a very rich south asian business fella who wants an expert to explain to him how to sell his company's skin whitening cream in the US. And he's trying and failing to explain it, and the businessguy gets frustrated and is going to leave.

My clearest memory is the very end of the story, where the guy says "I can't help you sell your product, but I want you to promise me something: if you do market it in the US, I want you to call it 'Smartwhite'."

I think about that on a regular basis. The story was bullshit, in that it doesn't matter whether it happened or not, and the teller was trying to convey an understanding of what qualities we see as "white" in the modern US. I think of 'smart' homes, and apple stores, and nordic interior design.

e: please reply if you also remember this story, my family is dying

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The GOP Russian facebook bots are going to defeat a sequence of more and more powerful and pissed off conservatives by stabbing them in their weak points, until the bots ascend and become a pissed off conservative themselves, and also at some point somebody kills a horse?

sounds about right

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is that Mr. Boop cartoon a Wife Guy?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Mike Pence finally going let the lust dam break and gently caress a horse to death.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is that Mr. Boop cartoon a Wife Guy?

Regrettably, Mr. Boop is fictional; but if he was real, he would DEFINITELY be a Wife Guy.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

goblin week posted:

Master/apprentice would work

I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't become master/padawan by now.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

Master/commander far side of the world

Radio Paranoia posted:

Regrettably, Mr. Boop is fictional; but if he was real, he would DEFINITELY be a Wife Guy.

Can you blame him, he loves his wife, Betty Boop.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

There have been instances where someone was admitted into the council but not granted the rank of master. The definition is unclear and can be considered outrageous.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

thats gonna make shopping for makeup a little more complicated, and toothpaste hilarious

I think it's specifically from skin lightening products which have uh... a contentious role in some parts of the globe.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Cheese Fajita Wife Guy deleted his tweet but is still getting dunked on in the comments of his other, non cheese related tweets. He has a podcast of some sort and his episode intro line is "yo yo yiggity yo".

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

Cheese Fajita Wife Guy deleted his tweet but is still getting dunked on in the comments of his other, non cheese related tweets. He has a podcast of some sort and his episode intro line is "yo yo yiggity yo".

hahahahaha

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RFC2324 posted:

It specifically says it's for "skin evening creams." (They are skin lighteners. The "evening" is reducing "dark" spots.)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

BrigadierSensible posted:

Nah, it'd be the opposite. Karen finds out that her great great great great grandmother married someone from Mexico, so the next time her Soy LatteChino is 30 seconds late she will claim racism as she demands to speak to the manager.

"I have 1% Black ancestry so I can use the n word all I want!"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

RFC2324 posted:

i don't see any toothpaste brands under l'oreal group so even if the article wasn't explicitly, as stated in the article, referring to skin-bleaching products but was, as a glance at the headline might lead one to believe, referring to literally everything the company makes, they still wouldn't be talking about toothpaste as far as i can tell

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

LordSaturn posted:

I mean, it'd be a thousand times more effective if L'Oreal stopped making whitening creams, like Johnson and Johnson did. if you take a quick GIS for "whitening cream racist" you'll get an idea of what I mean

"gently caress those people who want to treat their age spots, scars, or melasma."

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Scratch Monkey posted:

It doesn't take much to start a podcast. You just need a microphone, an internet connection and an idiot.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Master/puppets

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Doms/Subs

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/erspamer_matt/status/1277111466730991616?s=20

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Mierenneuker posted:

It doesn't take much to start a podcast. You just need a microphone, an internet connection and an idiot.
*adds Podcaster to resume*

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i have an internet and a microphone, 2/3rds of the way there

top/bottom

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

T-man posted:

i have an internet and a microphone, 2/3rds of the way there

Turn off your monitor

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh
My
loving
God

https://twitter.com/SpicyHalo_/status/1276712527389503488?s=20

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Shredded cheese on fajitas is nice, but I fail to see how that would be the only way someone could enjoy them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: the cheese on fajitas wife tweet.

Leaving aside the "My life is ruined because an underpaid overworked waiter is a little slow." bullshit. Do we know why does she need cheese to eat fajitas? Is she a 5 year old chucking a sook because she can't get exactly what she wants? And I've never heard of a picky eater with that specific whinge.

Also, why can't she eat them as is, and wait for teh loving cheese that she prefers, like a normal person?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: the cheese on fajitas wife tweet.

Leaving aside the "My life is ruined because an underpaid overworked waiter is a little slow." bullshit. Do we know why does she need cheese to eat fajitas? Is she a 5 year old chucking a sook because she can't get exactly what she wants? And I've never heard of a picky eater with that specific whinge.

Also, why can't she eat them as is, and wait for teh loving cheese that she prefers, like a normal person?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Shredded cheese on fajitas is nice, but I fail to see how that would be the only way someone could enjoy them.

She has reverse lactose intolerance

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

isnt the lower one for children? or is that explaining the yoke

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Henchman of Santa posted:

She has reverse lactose intolerance

She certainly has some kind of intolerance though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The GOP Russian facebook bots are going to defeat a sequence of more and more powerful and pissed off conservatives by stabbing them in their weak points, until the bots ascend and become a pissed off conservative themselves, and also at some point somebody kills a horse?

sounds about right

two of them arent even that big though.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PhazonLink posted:

It's for people in wheelchairs, to comply with ADA requirements.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

That’s the joke.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol

https://twitter.com/sims/status/1277381145706053632

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I really want to believe he baited her into that.