Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

FuturePastNow posted:

man or woman up and make him perma you if the deal falls through and he holds onto the forums

that's my plan

Sure, I'd just be sad if I lurked. I will be seeing where goons flee to first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
IM DOING IT FOR THE COMMUNITTTTTYYYY is the most measly mouthed I AM THE VICTIM HERE narcissist poo poo I’ve ever heard.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Stalin-Chan posted:

yeah im not ok with him making money but i really dont think there's anything else to do about it, that's probably what is going to happen regardless

if he doesnt sell it he still stands to make money regardless, this is a strong point

its not great but it is what it is. this place has helped people, and continues to do so. A bunch of the cash will go to his alimony and poo poo anyway. perfect ends are rare, and i'll take the deal of paying a shithead some cash in order to keep seeing good things happen. plinkey's goonfund alone has kept roofs over peoples heads during covid.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it's been said before, but I just want to repeat it: yikeseroo

(thanks for the summary bc I'm not listening to that garbage, and lol at the anime, and also gently caress that dude)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SalTheBard posted:

I was watching it with headphones on, and at one point I audibly said "You loving mother fuckers" and then I had to explain to my Wife what I was watching. I'll be honest I did want to listen to this just out of morbid curiosity so transcribing it actually made me feel less dirty about listening to it (but still really loving dirty).

You are a journalist man, it's your responsibility to report this stuff. In fact when you look at most right wing patreons the majority of their subscribers are journalists, this all needs to be covered and reported on.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

I love when right wingers don’t know the difference between liberals and leftists, it makes me :classiclol:

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
From an article in 2005 about events that happened in 1999 at Planet Quake(Lowtax's only real job):

Lowtax posted:

Eventually I stopped giving a poo poo about that job, since I was tired of having squinty-eyed weasels like Darren, a professional LAWYER, tell me how to run a creative site. Darren decided I needed some help to run PQ, so he let his friend, a withered hag named "LadyICE," come aboard the team. This woman was as old as god Himself, and had the personality of a rusted spittoon. I ended up having to work even longer than before due to her incompetence. She couldn't write worth a poo poo, she didn't know how to code, and everything she touched grew infected with incompetentitis. I wrote a Cranky Steve update around that time, making fun of her and pointing out how useless she was, which she read and promptly forwarded to Darren to tattle on me. Darren called me into his office and barred me from leaving until I signed some documents agreeing I would be fired in exchange for a month's pay. They didn't offer Cobra or let me read over the poo poo; they made me sign it. I didn't know better or care, so I did, and that ended my career with my first company in the Internet business. Mark ended up selling Gamespy to IGN and settling down with tens of millions of dollars, Darren either got fired or quit, LadyIce fell back into the realm of obscurity, and Sal is still a fat happy sausage. And Fargo is still somehow convinced he's funny. FIRE THE LASER!

https://www.somethingawful.com/daily-dirt/heres-mud-your/

Reads a little bit different today, like he has always had an issue with women or something.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its not great but it is what it is. this place has helped people, and continues to do so. A bunch of the cash will go to his alimony and poo poo anyway. perfect ends are rare, and i'll take the deal of paying a shithead some cash in order to keep seeing good things happen. plinkey's goonfund alone has kept roofs over peoples heads during covid.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

So I'm guessing if Lowtax's alt-right grift doesn't work out his only friends left will be Smith and Wesson.

Hopefully Jeff gets ownership of the forums before that happens.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If this thread was a game it would be yikeseroonscape

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

For some reason when I was in the Military this little quirk of speech didn't bother me, but now as a civilian it makes my skin crawl.

EDIT:

Bonus picture of Lowtax I took passed out either drunk or on pills at Something Awful HQ right before it shut down.
This site was pulling in enough money to need an office?
Did he pay any of y’all or nah?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
So what's been happening? Is there an updated timeline of events? Sorry, this thread moves very fast and I can't keep up. Thanks.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Logan: you're not responsible for any of this. Lowtax is. Whatever may happen to SA is entirely on him and his own actions.

It's patently clear that Rich Kyanka has emotionally, mentally, and physically abused his ex-wives and yourself (at the minimum). Over the past week(s) he has made his true nature clear to everyone. He is a disgusting, unrepentant, immature, spoiled, idiotic failson who wasted every opportunity he has been given. His children want nothing to with him, and everyone here is coming to hate him.

You're better than he is and you deserve healing and to be be able to see worth in yourself. Don't allow his words to harm you any further. Be glad you learned who he truly is and can move on.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Here's the transcript of the Lowtax appearance on the Dick Whateveritis Show With Sidekick Sean.

I've kept out every word of any texts they read or described. Of posts that have been shared here, and discussed threadbare, I've kept just small snippets, enough for context.

D: Welcome to the show! Long time!
L: Yeah! The internet has exasperated (sic) that time period somewhat lately … (indistinct) correct that out
D: What amazing things have been happening in your life since the last time (crosstalk)
L: First I’ve just got to admit that I went through one of the literal worst weeks of my life, because I lost my entire website, my job, 22 years of doing poo poo on the internet – to a single, drunk, bipolar woman.
D: What d’you mean lost your job? Because not everyone knows what you…

<Snipped an extended ‘bit’ by Lowtax– parody ad for a JC Penney line of cargo shorts>

D: So now that you’ve paid the bills, what else is going on in your life?
L: I had another line written, I was gonna ask you if you had any husky kids, and then I’d say you’ll have some real hot toddies this summer…
D: No I don’t have any husky children…My nephews are cut, they got abs! I’m jealous to be honest!
<Sidekick: It’s from your sister> D: Yeah it’s not from her husband!
L does spit-take SFX
D: Ok, Lowtax, what’s going on
L: Where do I start?
D: Well, you lost your site – you are the owner of Somethingawful, the – maybe the oldest forum on the internet?
S: I remember it from years and years and years ago…
L: Pretty much, it was internet before there was an internet, there were just words floating in the ether, and then once the internet was formed, the words went on it
D: And you charged membership for this, how much money were you making from this site?
L: Ohhh…a million… billion… there have been some (indistinct)
D: And what, you gave it UP?
L: Whaaaaaaaat… I’m suffering from right now… is the internet outrage machine. The internet outrage culture that’s just been, as Mike Nelson describes it, “a fire tornado”… Yeah… It’s… Here’s the thing! You know how anybody can just accuse you of anything?

D and sidekick in perfect vaudeville union: YES!

L: Okay, so say your first wife accused you of assaulting her…
D: I would assume a lot of ex-wives would do that, TBH. And I would assume a lot of them were telling the truth, and that they did their share of domestic violence too, TBH
L: Well… yeah… here’s the thing, we have these buildings? They’re usually white? And we have judges in there who settle these things. And when an ex-wife doesn’t show up for that date, it usually gets thrown out…
D: This is YOUR ex-wife? You got accused…
L: You wanna mark that on your calendar, the day you have to go to court for saying that somebody assaulted you. You can’t just sleep through it.
<Yes in unison again>
L: That’s what she claimed happened, and then she wanted a do-over, and the judge was like, “Yuh - NO”, and so it was thrown out. Obviously, because nothing happened and she slept through it. Now…
D: Let me just, let me get people into the story presently. I’m just looking at the very first post. So you were intimately involved with a woman named Logan Day, is that right?
L: Yeah, I’m moving into that …literally… figuratively. So my second wife – because I make bad decisions, I’ll admit that, and I make a LOT of them, repeatedly – that’s obviously… I’m not gonna too much into that. But she claimed the same thing, because she didn’t have immigration status. She was an illegal immigrant, and the VAWAct says that you can stay in the country, have your visa expedited…
D & S: <Big, theatrical> REALLY?!
The VAW Act if you’re seeking a green card in the US lets you have your green card expedited?!
<laughter>
L: Yes. You just have to say your spouse beats you.
D: Does that sound fair?! Sounds like an opportunity!
L: They don’t even look into that. They just… and you know with COVID and everything, it’s all backed up now (indistinct) until next year…
D: Yeah! WOW! What’s one little lie - in a divorce…
L: So when we went into court, the judge asked her point-blank, did he ever physically or emotionally abuse you, she said, no, but one time he stood over me and told me to punch him in the face… (D: Oh WOW)
So that was dismissed! I don’t even know what that means. That was dismissed. And we’re moving on to this one, and she was (crosstalk) I gotta admit…
D: This was Logan, your current one, Logan Day? I’m trying to keep all your ex-wives straight, you’re like George Street (Stroud?)
L: Hah, George Street mixed with George Costanza…
…an awesome person, I don’t, you know I don’t judge bipolar people…
D: Seems really awesome! This is why you’re making all these mistakes! It’s coming out of your mouth now! (laughter)
L: …no really she’s an awesome person – no, no, I admit I’m an idiot – when she wasn’t drinking (D: me too!) But when she starts drinking, and you mix that with anti-psychotics, bad things happen.
D: Now Sean you’re our resident expert on all medical – mental – drugs and stuff. You should not be mixing large amounts of alcohol with any of that stuff. Not a good idea. So she’s on anti-psychotics, that’s a good start, and she’s an alcoholic…

L: The thing is, I’ve spoken to people who know her in real life, and they’re all backing me up, but they’re afraid to post anything publicly because they WILL immediately be taken down
D: Yeah… I’ve noticed this theme of ‘taking down’, because I’m very interested in the thematic elements of it too, of the accusation, the conviction without trial, and these people… I said I’d bring you on, and these people started chirruping, like (‘scary’ voice) “you have no idea, you’re in for a world of pain”, and I’m like… you guys, we’re going to TALK to each other. What are you talking about, “world of pain”? What are you going to do, make fun of me? You already hate me. I’m a white nationalist, a racist, just go down the list. You’re… loving… spending Disney dollars at a Caesar’s Palace over here, I don’t loving care.
L: That’s what they warned me about, the OPTICS. You don’t want to go on the racist MRA show, for the <contemptuous vocal air-quotes> optics. Well I didn’t listen to the optics.
D: Let me just read what Logan posted about you. This is a woman you were close to, and this is what she posted on Facebook, and this is what started the whole thing. Correct me if I’m wrong, this is what started… <LD’s post about “beats multiple women and lies about it to the cops, don’t send him money” etc.>

(D & S: GTR, that’s a nice car man)

What do you have to say about these accusations?
L: I use my left hand to eat the cookies while my right hand beats the women (laughter)
S: Well case closed! PR is not in your wheelhouse is it…

L: No, here’s the thing, and this is what I started out with: when you’re found not guity in a court of law, traditionally in the real world, people say you’ve been found not guilty. You know, the number one equals the number one. But on the internet, allegations are much more important than anything the court of law can say. Because according to the Internet, I’m some kind of evil superhero genius who can sneak up and club a woman to death and then go through the legal system and get it thrown out with his slick lawyer and his dazzling stunning feats of light shows and fireworks that’ll leave you speechless! (laughter)
D: She also says “got backhanded etc” – she tagged you in this – were you sleeping? She says “…standing over me but still sleeping” …so she’s saying you backhanded her, off her feet onto the ground, but you were still sleeping… in a hotel… “despite qualifying as a tenant”… You know chicks are serious when they start throwing around legal statutes for their right to not be kicked out of your house. Right Sean? That’s when you know it’s a serious accusation – not I feared for my life, I grabbed the nearest weapon, I ran out… And also, Missouri law. “Anyway will talk to a lawyer in the morning” – so what happened?
L: What happened was… she as trying… she was upstairs… okay now I have to go way back. I have degenerative disc disease, which means my spine is collapsing. The discs between have been herniated, in my neck …
(Talk b/w D and S) Is that like what Mick Mars (?) has… spondy…spondylitis? No that’s when they fuse. I was gonna ask if you were like Mick Mars and cool, but you’re some kind of lamer version of Mick Mars’ thing. You shrink, too, coz the discs in your vertebrae dry out and compress over time and so you lose height. So anyway, there’s this incredibly painful spinal problem you’ve got.
L: Yeah, I’ve got permanent nerve damage on the left side of my body because of doctors not being able to diagnose it in time… I literally collapsed, because of the right side of my nervous system going out, got taken to the ER, got a 90 thousand dollar bill, and they did an MRI and said your discs are breaking, pushing against your nerves <some medical history details snipped> The thing is, you can’t stop DDD. You can just delay it, and they do that with epidurals. I was in so much pain, and I told her this, because y’know she wanted to take care of me, we were friends then and everything. She was cool and poo poo – because she swore she’d stop drinking! She offered…
D: They will do that!
L: Yeah, yeah. So she offered to come down and take care of me, and I said that’d be awesome but you know I’m not gonna be much fun, because I’m gonna be stuck in bed coz I’m in incredible pain. Y’know, that’s all that your mind consumes when you’ve got nerve damage, just throbbing, non-stop through your system… It. Sucks. Dick. To put it very gently. But I was stuck there and she was helping me with everything, and stuff was great, but then the day before …the day before I was gonna the epidural, she started drinking upstairs. And I didn’t know it! But I can tell when she’s been drinking, because there’s a lot of slurring of the words…
D: We always think we can hide it! Before you get to a certain age you keep thinking you can hide it, and you just can’t AT ALL. You stink of it. You can hear the liquor talking.
L: Yeah. So she was trying to get into an argument with me, and I’m like, I’m not gonna do this, I need to go to bed, good night. So I turned off my phone and went to bed, which is what I said I was doing, and I guess I missed the next 20 text messages from her, getting madder and madder. And then I was woken up by somebody punching me in the spine. Literally, I was laid on my side, and if you’ve got a nervous system problem and DDD, when you get punched in the spine you know it.
D & S: Yeah, ooof…
L: It’s not like – oh wow, is that a spider web I walked into? What’s on my arm? It’s, holy poo poo I was punched in the loving spine! And anyway, I jumped out of bed, I slipped, pushed into her, and I fell into a children’s desk. And that was me backhanding her. Apparently.
S: Stumbling out of bed?!
D: I mean, even a purposeful backhand doesn’t sound unreasonable if you’re woken up by someone hammering your spine. TBH. You’re not loving thinking about what’s going on. I mean… I don’t need the whole Mr Magoo – “I slipped on a rolling pin and then…!” You know what I mean Sean?

<From tone it seems clear to me that they’re indicating to L, supportively, that they think he’s had to make up the slipping etc. But I don't think L was trying a double bluff, nudge-wink 'I slipped, but really it was self-defense' at all. He's lying very badly, but it's because he is much worse at lying than he understands>

L: I don’t even know where the stairs… This was the first time I actually heard that comment read all the way through (Logan’s FB post). At first I thought it was a joke, you know, because of the Pusher and Shover robots and the Lifetime Network <high-pitched parody voice> “I fell down the stairs” and the woman removes her dark sunglasses. And the other woman sees her black eye. I thought it was a joke!
D: I don’t think so. So then what happened, was there a struggle or - ?
L: Ok, this is I guess when I was standing over her still sleeping? Somehow? I guess I went back to bed after falling into the desk or whatever -? <L affects an incredulous isn’t-this-absurd laugh all through these non-details> I called the police on her, and she then began screaming, “he’s raping me, he’s raping me, help me” and I’m just like – the operator on the line said to me, sir can you get out of that room and go into another one, and I’m like I’m trying to. This is one day from my epidural.
D: I’ve got a question for you, weren’t you involved in a domestic dispute where your wife, your ex-wife was taken out of the house by the police?
L: Yes, she assaulted me. Again, I called the cops on her and she was removed from the house…
Which one was that, wife number two? Now in my experience, if the wife is taken out of the house, the cops must have seen something pretty loving compelling. I hear from cops, from couples, cop shows, whatever, policy is, guy’s gone. He-said-she-said whatever, the guy gets taken to the drunk tank. Because he’s going to put her through a loving wall.
D: Even if he doesn’t get arrested, they usually want the guy to leave, anyway. Never the woman. Like, go get a hotel, separate yourself from this. We don’t know what happened, but that tells me something.
L: She admitted that she punched me in the head and I hit the ground –
D: That also tells me something –
L: I tell you… these two women, they like scheduled it, all around the time I got my surgeries. This was really close to when I got my 2 discs pulled. She hit me in the head, I went down, I hit my head on the floor – a wood floor – so I was out for a couple seconds.
D & S: Ahhhh, man…
L: And that was the first time I’ve ever been knocked out, including Uwe Boll. (laughter) I didn’t even remember her hitting me until I read her statement to the police.
D: Ok, so the cops are telling you to get to your panic room –
L: They said, sir, can you go to another room, we can’t understand you. So I, half asleep, having just been punched in my spinal nerve – muscle – bone system, try to get out of the room and I go to the bathroom – by the way, bathrooms have the shittiest locks. Pro tip, if you’re ever trying to get away from someone, don’t head into the bathroom –
D: Yeah Oscar Pistorius proved that!
S: Well he proved they don’t stop bullets!
D: What was his wife’s name? Reeva…
S: Reeva Steenkamp. So Lowtax you were trying to pull a Reeva Steenkamp, and she’s putting on her blades and chasing after you like the terminator…
L: Yeah she plowed through that door like Jack Nicholson –
D/S: REALLY?!
L: She punched or kicked open the door!
D/S: Heeeeere’s Logan!
D/S: Like Wolverine!
L: And she’s still screaming he’s raping me, I’m being raped. Which is weird because it must’ve been a mobile rape! Because I was trying to get the hell AWAY from her -

D: Oh man, is this 911 call public?!
L: I… I don’t know. Do they make them public?
D: Yeah they always play them on the news!

L: I was recording her, to show her in the morning how she’s been acting when she’s drunk. Because she’s not aware of it, she blacks out the moment she starts drinking, that’s the whole thing about it. But it stops as soon as 911 is called, so I didn’t get that recorded.
D: I’ve got experience of that in my circle. Of psycho women – you know, women who start drinking, and they black out. Hit guys, and cops get called… yeah we all know…
This one time this person got hog-tied and pepper sprayed by the cops, which I’d have paid to see. I’d LOVE to have seen that, because she’s a full-on psycho, she’s done this numerous times. She’s not around any more…
S: Dead?
D: No, no… been close a couple times. Anyway not to piggy back on that. Logan pounds through the door like Jack Nicholson –
L: Also somebody is saying I was cohabitating with her, which I was NOT, she was staying there to take care of me because I was bedridden, because my parents couldn’t come over due to COVID. My mom has a weakened immune system due to leukemia, so obviously they couldn’t come over. But she… she agreed to, so that’s why she flew down at that time. So anyway I gotta run out of the bathroom, I run into my office, finally lock the door, manage to get the 911 call through and I explained everything that’s happening, and they separate her…
D: While raping her! While raping her you’re doing all this? Amazing.
L: She claims this event did not happen. Okay, let’s apply logic here. You have PROVEN, that when alcohol mixes with anti-psychotic medication, it creates a different person, one who does not remember anything. And when literally you don’t remember anything at all…

<D and S twice ask, “had you been drinking?” and L ignores them>

…but somehow she ‘remembers’ SOME things now. The things that have been reinforced by the Kiwifarms people…
D: Oh no, what did they do?
L: They told her that she’s a ‘victim’ <sarcastic/bitter tone>. And they gave her some important “resources” and “help” for her “journey”. Because you know, KF supports women, that’s the number one thing on their agenda
D/S: (laughter) Yeah, notoriously!
D: Well I hope she gets help! I do hope she takes advantage of the resources – the non-legal resources that are available to her

L: I hope I get help. First. Because you know, everybody turned on me.

All it took … you avoid logic here, you just say, “let me see, two other women accused him of assaulting them…”

D: Let me pull up that Kiwifarms post, I think I have her post…
S: What was that email we got sent too?

<D reading Logan’s KF post out with some commentary, such as “unhinged already”, “obsequious, trying to curry favour” etc>

“He’s a very peaceful person always has been, but when I rose him, I was too forceful in my hysteria” – what the gently caress does that mean?

<S? Or L? does parody ‘Victorian gentleman’ voice, repeating “too forceful in my hysteria”>

“…his cervical disc” – okay so you did it! “…never purposefully harm a person” – okay so you harmed him! You’re niggling over the ‘purposeful’ part. “Anyone one who knows me will say I am not a violent person” – everyone who says that is a violent person.
S: Isn’t she kind of admitting to the incident?
D: Yes, she’s changing the words in real time so she can refer in different ways to the same violent acts. “I felt I had been backhanded …that was unfortunately my word to describe it …” - okay so she’s saying that’s a lie. <snip> She also says this, this is about you: “…that’s not the truth... I’ve been having issues with panic attacks …drinking…”
And now they’re saying oh she’s afraid, she’s walking it back because she’s afraid of him
L: I gotta admit, I didn’t read any of that because –
D: Oh you haven’t heard this?! Here listen to this, hold on –
L: No no no, I refuse to go to KF for anything. I won’t read anything from there.
D: It’s a fun site!
L: Yeah, I love it. It just kinda helped y’know, take away 22 years of my life. It’s awesome.
<some in-joke snipped>
S: Anyway, am I completely missing this or does this sound like a good thing?! (i.e. LD posting on KF)
L: It’s not a good thing because people are already pissed.
D: Yeah yeah I know people are already pissed, but this is a good thing, listen to this: <Logan KF retraction quote> So basically you turned something completely normal into assault. You lied.
He is awoken out of a sleep – a dead sleep – thinks he’s being attacked. This is according to her story – and she’s blacked out on antipsychotics and booze, this is what she does after sending 25 increasingly agitated text messages – you got those texts, by the way?
L: You do – you guys do
D: Ooh, let me check those out…
Ahem, “[what I did] was wrong.” No that was evil. You purposefully misrepresented a normal scuffle or an accident or your own drunken behavior as the worst thing the man could do to you…
S: Because when it’s a man and a woman, you know where the bias is for an outsider, immediately
D: And you did it, to ruin his career, so he wouldn’t kick you out of his house. That’s not wrong, that’s evil. And anyone who participates in this, everyone on the forum, everyone on Something Awful who continues to participate in this, is similarly evil. <again reads 'retraction' KF post> Now tell me, that that made everything go away? Right Lowtax?
L: Oh yeah, her plan worked perfectly. I didn’t have any problems after. Oh wait wait actually, that’s 100% incorrect. It hosed up my entire life. Because the internet hate squad, the outrage mobs came by, and said, ‘no you’re actually a victim, those things didn’t happen, gaslight gaslight gaslight gaslight gaslight’ I hate that loving word!!! It is so overused! There are things that happen to people, that actually happen to people! That other people can say, without it being gaslighting! It’s a description of loving events!
But you know everyone always wants to believe the worst of everybody, and the lynch mob forms, the virtual lynch mob, torches and pitchforks and…
D: Why did you get kicked out of your forum then? I mean that’s your whole life’s work
L: Because everybody on there’s like ‘Oh we’re all going to Reddit! We’re gonna make offsite forums!’ and I’m like okay, well, on the one hand I have a guy who is actively willing to buy the site – which is cheap for what it is, but enough for me to actually start doing something else, I don’t know what the gently caress I can do since I am a college dropout with no experience in anything except – yknow – masturbating on the internet –

D: You can have an Onlyfans, that’s about the thing you’re qualified to do (laughter)
L: Yeah the chubby people – over 200s…

D: I’m looking here at the texts –[quotes some] Is this the start of the incident?
L: I BELIEVE so, I’m not really sure since they’re all a kind of hazy mishmash of just whatever…
<Snipping every word of the quoted Logan texts which are from this point on new to SA>

I was in so much pain, I was one day away from my epidural – I was one day away from retiring. Murdock! I was one day away from retiring!

<Lengthy word by word texts quoted and analyzed>

- The first point appears to be that LD is “crazy”, drinking, violent

- The MAIN point for about ten minutes is that he was sleeping through a lot of texts leading up to the incident and the 911 call

- Repeated “admissions” of being “dumb” by Lowtax, decoded by S & D as ‘having feelings, wanting love, being sensitive, having victim mentality’

D: And your forum is still in revolt after all of that?!! That’s hosed… because those people can’t be wrong. Just a knee jerk reaction… Oooh, I don’t wanna see anything that will upset what I felt so strongly at first… Women they need protection, uhuh, does this one? <funny voices and quotes for imaginary forum members>
L: You’re talking about victim mentality - when you choose to drink alcohol and you’re on antispych meds, and you’ve been told by various ppl throughout your relationship that you get blackout drunk and do things you would not normally do and become very violent – are you a victim because you chose to begin drinking?

S, unexpectedly: Well, it’s an addiction
D: Yeah, a serious addiction
L, rather lamely and clearly taken aback that the hollerin’ RAHOWA Brothers have their pieties: Well, it’s an addiction but I did not KNOW she was addicted

D: Uh, that makes sense
<meandering stories about drinking and stopping>
L: When somebody’s upstairs and you’re immobile downstairs, you just assume they’re not drinking I guess
<personal texts, very ooky, snipping all of that out>
D: Kiwifarms are enabling and misleading someone with a serious chemical dependency, which she needs help for, and she’s lashing out because she’s terrified, and they have a long-standing resentment towards you and want to hurt you
S: It seems like there’s a lot of evidence we’ve heard here! It’s cut and dry!
L: And she’ll continue drinking, because she’s the victim, and I gaslit her, nothing that happened was her fault, because she’s the victim
D: And you’re not seeing any people going, hey have you seen this…
L: No because everyone’s afraid, to seem like they’re blaming the victim, otherwise you know… the fire tornado! Will hit them… I’ve got so many people behind the scenes who’re saying they’re afraid, but you’ve got our support man, allegations are just allegations, blah blah blah

This is about 45 minutes. After this, meanders away into tired repetitions of the right-wing O tempora O mores – these days, people don’t listen, logic alas, moral outrage mob squadron battalions, marching under their piebald flags, etc etc.

They did tick my last bingo square by coming around to the n-word, i.e., the tragedy of not being “allowed” to say it. And they ended with a vile little ‘bit’ on current events which anyone can imagine for themselves, though I wouldn’t recommend it – so hackneyed as to be obviously contemptuous of a target audience that would hoot and stamp and pay for this.

*~*~Lowtax, Sunday June 28 2020: It’s just, the internet isn’t fun any more~*~*

Epilogue: Hahaha, you should take over KF and Null can take over SA!
L: I hope Null takes over a painful disease.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kilus aof posted:

From an article in 2005 about events that happened in 1999 at Planet Quake(Lowtax's only real job):

Reads a little bit different today, like he has always had an issue with women or something.

lolling at just how many times millions of dollars have slipped through Dick Yanka’s fingers.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Big Whoop posted:

I mean it's not an understatement that Rich (at one point) was probably a multi millionaire. From what I understand SA Headquarters was a place for him to get away from his house. Schmorky practically lived there (from what Rich told me) and it was open for years before he shut it down (presumably when money started to slow down)

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

My favorite part of the podcast was the dead eyed cohost who only showed any emotion (excitement) when there were discussions of women getting injured.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Upon reading that transcript, those hosts are just as vile as Lowtax. Maybe even more. Holy gently caress

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Greg Legg posted:

So what's been happening? Is there an updated timeline of events? Sorry, this thread moves very fast and I can't keep up. Thanks.

lowtax made an even bigger rear end in a top hat out of himself, a daily occurrence for him it seems

you can find a transcript of said event in the last few pages, or the thing itself if you hate yourself enough to listen to it for a whole hour

how's your day going?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Yikes-ing in the 90s
Darude: Yikes-storm

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Big Whoop posted:

way back when he paid the writers a pittance and it was when he was making way more on ads. an office in lee's summit Missouri ain't exactly Manhattan rent rates, and when he had a full time coder employed its not actually insane to have an office and poo poo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

QueenAnnesDead posted:

Here's the transcript of the Lowtax appearance on the Dick Whateveritis Show With Sidekick Sean.

Jesus I'm just going to delete my post and replace it with yours.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Partycat posted:

I appreciate the summary but would ask that you not include your own commentary in the middle of it. It comes off like a position paper, based on your opinion of both of the show hosts. I'm sure you've got it, and I'll listen later, but, it doesn't lend confidence to the reader to write like that.

Man, I love these forums attracting the weirdest loving people.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

zer0spunk posted:

super liberal leftist internet outrage poison hate mob machine

Hello, yes, I am here.

quote:

He says this situation is complicated and that people are manipulating the information to make the person we don't like look worse.

Check off "reverse victim and offender" on your DARVO bingo cards, kids!

(From wikipedia if you aren't familiar: DARVO is an acronym used to describe a common strategy of abusers. The abuser will: Deny the abuse ever took place, then Attack the victim for attempting to hold the abuser accountable; then they will lie and claim that they, the abuser, are the real victim in the situation, thus Reversing the Victim and Offender. This usually involves victim blaming.[1] Some therapists[who?] see DARVO as a specific form of gaslighting.)

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus I'm just going to delete my post and replace it with yours.

eh i like we have 2 readings of it. it's lore now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SalTheBard posted:

They compliment Lowtax's GTR and are incredulous about the accusations

So it really is true. This loving waste of oxygen sat here and begged for goons to feed his kids and help pay his medical bills while he went out to lease a 120k car. I'm going to go ahead assume the rented 7k p/m mansion is a thing too.
I was hoping this was some kind of hyperbole. gently caress this guy forever. How is what he did not fraud?

Edit: Maybe "hoping" was the wrong word. I just assumed it couldn't possibly be true because what sort of shithead would do...oh right never mind.

Double Edit: Anyone want to dig through the shitbag's post history to find his maudlin "oh won't goons puhleeeeeeze save me" poo poo? I want to read them again in-context.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 29, 2020

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Bonus picture of Lowtax I took passed out either drunk or on pills at Something Awful HQ right before it shut down.

thank you for your service

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Yikesing in the Clinton Years

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

spouse posted:

If there's a one time payment to make Toetax go away from the forums, that sounds better than any alternative. "let them burn" means him continuing to own them and turning it into some MRA haven in the future, which is what would happen if he gets to stay.

if lowtax wasn't afraid of a little hard work he'd be doing exactly that - he'd let the vast majority of the userbase leave, start courting actual alt right mra nazis to come over, whisper whatever they want into their ears, and then make bank from that particular grift to continue living as he always has...

The Big Whoop posted:

IM DOING IT FOR THE COMMUNITTTTTYYYY is the most measly mouthed I AM THE VICTIM HERE narcissist poo poo I’ve ever heard.

...but lowtax is afraid of hard work so he'll just take whatever he can get quickly and lazily and then pretend that taking money for an llp, whose value he's just personally crashed, is some kind of martyrdom for the greater good

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Lowtax then starts talking about the internet hate mob telling Logan that she was gaslit. Lowtax hates that word and thinks it's over used.

I'm loving sure he does yeah

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

LastGoodBoy posted:

Yikesing in the Clinton Years

please do not slander the good name of george wood

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

lowtax made an even bigger rear end in a top hat out of himself, a daily occurrence for him it seems

you can find a transcript of said event in the last few pages, or the thing itself if you hate yourself enough to listen to it for a whole hour

how's your day going?

Thanks, I'll dig around. Pretty good day so far just getting some chores done. I hope you (and everyone) are safe and doing well.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Spinz posted:

I will leave if lowtax keeps it
Ill toxx on it right now

Samesies

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

QueenAnnesDead posted:

Here's the transcript

It is cool that you made this post but now instead of cool anime and periscope penises it's going to be 20 pages of people quoting this entire thing and then saying "have there been any updates?" at the end

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Spinz posted:

I will leave if lowtax keeps it

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

jesus loving christ of course it keeps getting worse. Tax must be thinking by now "wow with friends like these who needs women to beat up anyway"

also thanks for putting in the work there's no way I'd sit through that

quote:

:siren:Lowtax mentions that his patrean has gone from $8k a month down to $1k:siren:

https://frinkiac.com/mp4/S06E11/860458/861493.mp4?b64lines=S2VlcCBTbGlkaW5n

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, but money usually talks through a lawyer, and it doesn't look like Rich believes in those anymore.

haha he has a lawyer, friend; maybe not a very good one, but it rly doesn't matter if you can brute force it with deep pockets for billable hours

like he could lose the case spectacularly and still do a lot of damage thru private investigators etc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Many people have come up to me and said “Lowtax! You’re not a wife beater!” Many such cases, I tell you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lowtax is so loving dumb holy lol