Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Normy posted:

I will say Cracker really captured the TMZ guy character.

The bro acting between skits was funnier than everything else imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

esperterra posted:

I really did not like Cracker's lip sync, but then again I cringe every time she tries to vogue.

Especially tryna vogue against Morgan loving McMichaels tbh

Cracker lipsyncing is just a checklist of "drag moves" in an incoherent mess. What's this, vogueing? Ooh a cartwheel, oh wow a death drop!!

The challenges are rehashes, the judging is hosed up but really none of it matters because this cast is just so fun to watch. AS4 this isnt!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
juju should just be in every season tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

Cracker lipsyncing is just a checklist of "drag moves" in an incoherent mess. What's this, vogueing? Ooh a cartwheel, oh wow a death drop!!

I think my biggest issue with her lip syncing is her timing. Her stunts are awkward as gently caress, but those could be pulled off comedically. The issue is she just throws them wherever she wants even if it doesn't go with the beat.

The voguing is always cringe tho

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I was dying at Juju hamming it up during that Cracker and Blair nonsense

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact Alexis made her bitchin camo outfit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

esperterra posted:

Also can we just take a moment to appreciate Alexis

BAM

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm honestly a bit baffled by the love that Alexis gets. I don't think her drag is all that special and she seems like an rear end in a top hat.

Not trying to talk anyone out of liking her, just saying that I fundamentally don't get the appeal.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I felt she was kind of low energy and phoning it in the whole time this challenge especially, but several of my friends love her. Different strokes!

Also see Morgan McMichaels, who has won.... exactly one lip sync, ever.
"Assassin!"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
To be fair, Morgan's reputation is entirely from drag shows and not really drag race

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also that Two of Hearts lipsync easily could have been a double shantay if the show did double saves yet in season 2. Morgan vs Sonique is criminally underrated when people bring up the best lip syncs of the show imho.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Cocks Cable posted:

Not really sure what the point of Cracker's little inquisition of Blair was, but it was just awkward and out of left field. Like, just shut up Cracker and keep all your insecurities to yourself. Now I'm starting to sour on her and I thought she was overall pretty weak this week. Didn't like her maxi challenge performance. Didn't like the runway look. Didn't care for her lip sync. I'm completely baffled as to how she won anything.

I'm really bad for remembering what's happened in last week's episode by the time I watch the current one.... was there anything from Blair in the previous episode or is Cracker just trying to play bullshit mind games every other ep?

I think she did fine in the challenge, but I would have preferred it if Juju won because I like her more. Also I thought Juju looked flawless during the challenge and she looked gorgeous on the runway. Cracker's outfit could have been okay except for the horrible tiny pointy boobs. They looked so bad it threw off the whole thing.

Also I really thought Shea had it this week. Her and Alexis' skit was the funniest to me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think Cracker is just being paranoid/going by process of elimination off of what Alexis said the week before about people talking behind Cracker's back/etc.

e: those tiny lil biscuit titties look terrible always. they ruined shea's entrance look for me too lmao

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
As someone with tiny little biscuit titties, I feel Very Attacked.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Nothing wrong with naturally having tiny little biscuit titties, it's just they don't look good built onto an outfit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, there's something about the lack of padding or chest contour that throws it off for me, just these tiny little semi circles coming out of the top instead of having a uniform neckline. Like it looks unnatural instead of someone who is just a member of the itty bitty titty committee, idk

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

big dyke energy posted:

I'm really bad for remembering what's happened in last week's episode by the time I watch the current one.... was there anything from Blair in the previous episode or is Cracker just trying to play bullshit mind games every other ep?

That's the thing. I honestly don't believe Cracker is playing mind games. I think she's just being a dumb stupid idiot worrying about people liking and respecting her.

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm honestly a bit baffled by the love that Alexis gets. I don't think her drag is all that special and she seems like an rear end in a top hat.

Not trying to talk anyone out of liking her, just saying that I fundamentally don't get the appeal.

I like Alexis but it's mostly driven by season 3 nostalgia and how she was seemingly treated on her season. She was portrayed as an underdog who got picked on by the Raja/Manilla/Carmen/Delta mean girl clique. Now Alexis is coming off as much less sympathetic this time around. She's clearly talented. But Shea's clearly in a class of her own at this point.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love Alexis for similar reasons as to why I love a queen like India: they are a drag queen's drag queen. Classic style queens who paint for the back row and make most of their own outfits. On top of that, Alexis is an amazing performer (as is India) on stage and has a really entertaining personality. She's shady, but funny. And she has the talent to back it up.

Also in general I stan pageant queens and Alexis is one of the best.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Diephoon posted:

The bro acting between skits was funnier than everything else imo

Yah, those were really well done and taken to the extreme. The skits were loving dire and unfunny. gently caress - hire proper writers.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Honestly, one of my favorite things about Alexis is that she stole valor

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vintersorg posted:

Yah, those were really well done and taken to the extreme. The skits were loving dire and unfunny. gently caress - hire proper writers.

I wish it had been a proper improv challenge. Do a scripted challenge or let the queens make poo poo up imho. These half step challenges between giving the queens set roles and skits and then having them wing it always seem to go worse.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

juju should just be in every season tbh

Totally on board with this.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

esperterra posted:

These half step challenges between giving the queens set roles and skits and then having them wing it always seem to go worse.

I love how they also took it a further step of "randomly" assigning teams, including one "yeah we're sending one of you home" team

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

gandlethorpe posted:

Honestly, one of my favorite things about Alexis is that she stole valor

she not only stole valor but by all accounts just flat made up a fake military boyfriend and that's like extra powerful

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

papi i want you yo come back home baby!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

India licking broken glass shards made me uncomfortable. Please don't let the queens potentially hurt themselves.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

esperterra posted:

papi i want you yo come back home baby!

he's from canada u wouldn't know him

Cocks Cable posted:

India licking broken glass shards made me uncomfortable. Please don't let the queens potentially hurt themselves.

sugar glass

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Well with World of Wonder production value, you never know...

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Trig Discipline posted:

Totally on board with this.

I'm still pushing my idea for a late night panel show with various drag race alum with seats for regulars co-hosts like Juju, and seats for a rotating panel of semi-regulars and guests. Gabbing about pop culture and current events, with lots of shade and serving looks.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Cocks Cable posted:

Well with World of Wonder production value, you never know...

:emptyquote:

Where the hell did the licking come from? Shoplifting the vases, sure. Licking?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
My friend and I have roped other people into watching older seasons of Drag Race with us, and we've had little mini viewing parties most nights the last few weeks and it's really nice. We just finished season 8, which I hadn't seen since the original airing and I forgot just how much Bob loving crushed it. Even my friends who hadn't really seen any Drag Race before this knew he was winning all the way back in Snatch Game. (which, to be fair, was pretty garbage)
We're moving on to All Stars 2 next, and I'm very excited to watch their reactions to the LFYLegacy format. My one friend also really, really likes Alaska so watching him watching her win is gonna be fun.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Pinwiz11 posted:

Arianna Grande, when she licked the doughnuts ages ago.
https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/entertainment/ariana-grande-donut-licking-america/index.html

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I got the reference, I just don't know how we got from shoplifting to licking. Was it production's choice?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What was the reaction to season 11 while it was airing? Idk htf Silky has made it this far lol

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

I got the reference, I just don't know how we got from shoplifting to licking. Was it production's choice?

I believe it was. One of the frustrating parts of these “improv” challenges is the queens are clearly given fairly extensive character profiles and plot point for the scenes, even if they aren’t given an actual script. But they never show us how much material they are given, so it allows the producers to have a lot of control over who they want to look bad and the audience can’t judge if the queen wasn’t able to do well or if they were just given worse material to work off of.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

smdh at the writers not making it a skit full of Winona Ryder references

smgdh

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

fadam posted:

What was the reaction to season 11 while it was airing? Idk htf Silky has made it this far lol

The thread hated Silky apart from a couple of stragglers who were fans. It was frustrating to watch her constantly be saved for stupid poo poo others would get reamed for.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

fadam posted:

Silky was annoying but I think she got a really awful edit and stuck around too long, which made her come off even worse. I couldn't stand watching her on the show but I also felt a bit bad for her, they did her dirty.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ru clearly loved her and she was a huge drama bomb so I'm not surprised she made it right up to the end but even she seems a little surprised she's in the finale. She definately got a shifty edit but she also got a really cruisy ride.

Looking back I think Silkys storyline is heavily influenced by her relationship with yvie I think production hyped silky up to try to build stakes for yvies story

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 29, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pinwiz11 posted:

RuPaul really loves John Waters for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Ru clearly loved her and she was a huge drama bomb so I'm not surprised she made it right up to the end but even she seems a little surprised she's in the finale. She definately got a shifty edit but she also got a really cruisy ride.

Looking back I think Silkys storyline is heavily influenced by her relationship with yvie I think production hyped silky up to try to build stakes for yvies story

It’s no secret that the wheel in the finale is fixed to select a certain queen, production was expecting silky to pick yvie but she chose brooklyn after like, 30 seconds of thinking

The problem was it felt like ru was dragging both silky and vanjie to the end when neither of them really had a chance to win