Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I was struck by inspiration and made this. Consider it extremely late fanart for Kyro's Walter, if you want. Yes, I know Chemist can't and doesn't need to break rods unaided. :v:

Aithon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oooh thats good.
"did they miss adding in 750-oh there it is :haw:"

Doin a FJF Pure Chaos, First Job Samurai
Argh

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Aithon posted:

I was struck by inspiration and made this. Consider it extremely late fanart for Kyro's Walter, if you want. Yes, I know Chemist can't and doesn't need to break rods unaided. :v:

The trail of rods behind him is :discourse:.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Run 3 - Pure Chaos - RED/GOON/KNIGHT/MIME - Complete!

No way in hell I'm going after Omega with this crew.

It wasn't that bad, I ended up being powerful enough physically that the dragoon was reduced to Chicken Knife jumping, dualcasting Life/Safe, Life/Cura, or Cura/Cura, or elixirbotting. The Mime had Equip Swords, Fight, and like everybody else, Two-Handed. Two-Handed Knight stuck with the Ragnarok, Mime had the Excalibur, and the Red Mage was doing some serious WORK with the Rune Edge.

All in all a pretty okay run.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

apophenium posted:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Kyrosiris posted:

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

I can do this twice right? Here's my second one. Pure Chaos this time.

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz

PMush Perfect posted:

Every year I see this, and every year I think "maybe I should play FFV normally first". And then I never do.

I think I wanna just bite the bullet and do it. This wouldn't even just be a first play for me, either. I'd be going in completely blind.

Just do the fiesta. It's my first full run and discord and guides help a ton. Plus I owe ten bucks for every newbie run to charity for the first five.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

& that's every class! ultrafilter toxx complete!

also a reminder:

oldskool posted:

Charity needs more money IMO

:toxx:
$15 each for the first 10 runners to give me a screenshot in Library of the Ancients B1 with all 4 characters vulnerable to Level 5 Death, in honor of how many times I've blindly bumbled my way near Byblos and gotten nuked back to wherever I last remembered to save because everybody's level 15.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Thanks for the help y'all. Two bards with sandals was absolutely enough to keep it locked down until I could start bouncing Thundagas off my berserker, who ended up getting the killing blow.
Turns out the rune axe does pretty legit damage when you can slap Black 6 on them.

Italax
May 10, 2012

Part of the problem.

Italax posted:

Decided to try this for my first run since I’ve never had the motivation to pick up FFV before and rollers White Mage as my first job!

My second job was Berserker :ohdear:

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
One zerker is fine, and can occasionally be pretty drat good. It's in multiples they start getting troublesome :getin:

Shinryu down. Once again, pretty standard, used the wand to set berserk, then spammed phoenix downs while the zerker played the harp.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

(It was a fire scroll boosted by !Black that did that much damage)

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Italax posted:

My second job was Berserker :ohdear:

Zerker backed by a white mage is actually pretty good. The zerker provides the biggest thing white mage is lacking, great damage. And you can give your zerker white magic for out of combat healing and a nice increase to the damage of the rune axe.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I have to do sandworm with 4 zerks

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

oldskool posted:

& that's every class! ultrafilter toxx complete!

also a reminder:

Compile your runs in a single post and tell me how much you spent on the job fair, please.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I have to do sandworm with 4 zerks

Get your four death scythes, grind up to 25ish on black flames, move to mini dragons until you're level 45 or so. Sleepwalk through the rest of the game because you'll be hillariously overleveled for the entire rest of it with controllable characters.

You'll probably have money to spare for Flame rings, may as well get you some.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Aaand done. Took a few tries because I couldn't remember which part is the one that casts algamest, but other than that it was pretty smooth sailing after giving everyone ribbons and buffing up with Hero's Rime and Swift Song phase one, with the Black Mage to punch them to stop the singing.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Run #3 Pure Chaos
Mime, Berserker, Chemist, Geomancer

Synergy didn't exist with this team, but it didn't matter because Chemist. Mime was interesting to have early as it gave me access to rods, though by the end it was just a tankier Geomancer with Mix. Berserker had no useful abilities from the other classes, so I just gave them the Chicken Knife and hoped for the best.

Hempuli posted:

I'll donate $10, up to a maximum of $300 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of a geomancer attacking Neo-Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Just post a pic of the attack and a pic of the bell being equipped on the geomancer and we're good.

Even souped up on Dragon Powers it only did about 400 damage.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

blakelmenakle posted:

Run #3 Pure Chaos
Mime, Berserker, Chemist, Geomancer

Synergy didn't exist with this team, but it didn't matter because Chemist. Mime was interesting to have early as it gave me access to rods, though by the end it was just a tankier Geomancer with Mix. Berserker had no useful abilities from the other classes, so I just gave them the Chicken Knife and hoped for the best.

Even souped up on Dragon Powers it only did about 400 damage.

You should of given the Geomancer Equip Axes and given him the rune Axe or Gaia Hammer so he could destroy the world with his geo magic stat, Geo/Zerker is shockingly potent. Mime would also be a good candidate for it, especially if the guy with mime has level max zerker and Geo because he'll have the best of both of their stats naturally. Give Mime Equip Axes and Drink for a laugh, or just Mix your way to victory if you want to be lame.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Now I almost wanna do a run of the balance patch from Wormsofcan just to have someone in the Hero job using Kick on NED.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Started my blind run, just killed Magissa, and am only now messing around with the config options. Just turned it up to maximum battle speed, with active menus.

Anyone willing to put up some extra money if I complete my first run of the game this way? :unsmigghh:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TheWonderTrickster posted:

$1 for every boss that was attacked by !Kick or !Jump and their subsequent dramatic death animation (You don't need to actually kill them with !Kick or !Jump, the magic of imagination of two pictures is enough):

Byblos
Sol Cannon (Technically it explodes for its death animation and yet that'd be the most accurate kind of death I'd want from a Rider Kick :v:)
Archeoaevis (No Level 5 Death here)
Atomos
MeatDeath
Calofisteri
Omega
Apanda
Azulmagia
Catastrophe
Halicarnassus
Twintania (Can only bully him with everything but Death/Stone)
Necrophobe when Gilgamesh shows up (I would technically like a screencap of the explosion Greg does on Necrophobe before death but that's up to you)
NED

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Both of these screenshots are insanely funny to me

Faris flying through the air with the most low-effort spritework ever
Lenna sassily waving her finger as Byblos disintegrates

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

Both of these screenshots are insanely funny to me

Faris flying through the air with the most low-effort spritework ever
Lenna sassily waving her finger as Byblos disintegrates

Poque! Whattup. We have a lot of common interests, I guess.

Yeah I took like 5 screenshots of each one and tried to choose the most outlandish

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

Poque! Whattup. We have a lot of common interests, I guess.

Yeah I took like 5 screenshots of each one and tried to choose the most outlandish

Hey bud! Welcome to the chaos!

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

oldskool posted:

$15 each for the first 10 runners to give me a screenshot in Library of the Ancients B1 with all 4 characters vulnerable to Level 5 Death, in honor of how many times I've blindly bumbled my way near Byblos and gotten nuked back to wherever I last remembered to save because everybody's level 15.

Well, I'm willing to do stupid poo poo for charity. Here's some screenshots of me going through the library. After the save point, I deliberately let one hit me with level 5 death just to prove that I was vulnerable.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Compile your runs in a single post and tell me how much you spent on the job fair, please.

Geomancer/Berserker/Berserker/Freelancer

Red Mage/Beastmaster/Bard/Thief

Knight/Time Mage/Chemist/Mime

White Mage/Monk/Chemist/Summoner

Dragoon/Dragoon/Bard/Mystic Knight

Geomancer/Dancer/Chemist/Ninja/

Blue Mage/Black Mage/Ranger/Samurai

Job faired Knight, Monk, Dancer, Blue Mage, Black Mage, Ranger and Samurai for $24 total job fair

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

berenzen posted:

I have a little bit of expendable cash, so I think I'll make a :toxx: of my own.

I will pay $10 per superboss (to a max of $50 for each, $100 total) for anyone that beats them "legitimately". That means no quickleaking/!calm/!sing/chemist berserking omega, and no berserking/quickleaking shinryu. Basically, fight the superbosses without breaking their script in some way.

It's hard to capture, if you are running bard/beastmaster/time/etc. I'll still accept submissions, just use the honor system.

Cannoneers can berserk but I figured I'd go for the legit kill. With a hasted dragoon dual-wielding dragon lances it was pretty easy tbh. Finally dragoon was good for something.

oldskool posted:

I have this one from my last run which i forgot to post:

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

oldskool posted:

Lucked out that the two back attacks I got were for Page 32, made it through without incident.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Stanfield posted:

Cannoneers can berserk but I figured I'd go for the legit kill. With a hasted dragoon dual-wielding dragon lances it was pretty easy tbh. Finally dragoon was good for something.

Omega too :toot:

idk if you all know this but Mighty Guard and White Wind are pretty good.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

oldskool & blakelmenakle, I've counted your bellrings against NED! Thankyou :)

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Welp, I started the FFV4JF with a dead power supply (and I'm still down my desktop) and wow what a time to miss out on the going-ons, but thankfully I did get to play a bit so I got a few posts to make here! First of all, last year's Randomizer :toxx: was donated just in time for The Run! Congrats to Osci, 1234567890num, MagusDraco, blakelmenakle, apophenium, Darwinism, Doom Goon, and Can Of Worms.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

RUN 2 Dragoon, White Mage, Dancer, Dance/Ranger

This was a weird one, I hit a bunch of roadblocks, but white mage with lance is pretty good. 5th job ranger was not my favorite, didn't want to grind rapid fire for everyone.
World 3 might as hell have been cruise control, EXCEPT WHEN I WIPED IN THE VOID 3 TIMES AND DIDN'T SAVE.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

oldskool posted:

You know what loving sucks? Geomancer. What sucks even more? 4 geomancers against ifrit. And even worse than that is finally beating Ifrit, getting these screenshots and then remembering "Oh, I forgot to save" and have to do the whole thing again.

At least my Bartz is aptly named.

Here they are after beating byblos which was way easier than ifrit since fire works better on books than on fire demons. The memory numbers on screen are the character levels. SNES doesn't show where you are when in the menu so I couldn't get you that screenshot, hopefully this will do.

If anyone's curious by the way the way to fight Ifrit with four lvl 10 (yes, I could- and should have grinded to 15) Geomancers is to confuse him with !Terrain until he runs out of his 1000 MP and then have three people in the back row throw potions to outheal Flame and Kicks while a fourth tries to poke him with a knife 30 times. It only cost me 40 minutes of game time and 76 potions!

It might sound like I'm complaining but coming up with solutions like this is my favorite thing with the fiesta

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Can I change my menu color in the Steam version of this game? It's ridiculously important to me, but looking at the options menu I don't see it

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

In case you thought I forgot something, I'm doing the Randomizer :toxx: again BUT with one addition this time: Mild runs only. I guarantee you'll get something broken, but imo Spicy made it so practically everyone could just run through the game by holding down the 'A' button. To compensate I'll add an extra dime per run. The rest is the same: $1.10 per goon up to 20 for every goon that completes a run from now on to the end (must complete a normal run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFV4JF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs). It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.
:siren:Also, make sure you use the clean unpatched Final Fantasy V Advance US ROM (CRC32 7A24AB0C)! You'll get game-breaking errors with the EU version or patched ROMs that change job stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

oldskool posted:

Does it still count if it's not my first time here?

Edit: I died in literally my first battle after taking that screenshot.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 30, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Attempt number 300 something.

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress
i am slowly turning insane

get so close only for one of my 4 idiots to fall inot a hole or miss.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Stanfield posted:

That's 5/5 shinryu's claimed. 2 Omega's left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Attempt number 300 something.

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress
i am slowly turning insane

get so close only for one of my 4 idiots to fall inot a hole or miss.

What level are you? I've seen goons have to level to like 45 to beat sandworm consistently on quadzerk. Get your rear end to Istory and fight more mini dragons