Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dienes posted:

I really want to believe he baited her into that.

Good endings aren’t really one of King’s things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: the cheese on fajitas wife tweet.

Leaving aside the "My life is ruined because an underpaid overworked waiter is a little slow." bullshit. Do we know why does she need cheese to eat fajitas? Is she a 5 year old chucking a sook because she can't get exactly what she wants? And I've never heard of a picky eater with that specific whinge.

Also, why can't she eat them as is, and wait for teh loving cheese that she prefers, like a normal person?

in covid times if they had to ask 4 people and waited 18 minutes, it's very likely there isn't any shredded cheese to be had in the restaurant and the staff is trying to figure out what to do to satisfy this odd request

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

luxury handset posted:

in covid times if they had to ask 4 people and waited 18 minutes, it's very likely there isn't any shredded cheese to be had in the restaurant and the staff is trying to figure out what to do to satisfy this odd request

what other kinds of cheese do you use for fajitas

like this might just be some canadian thing but if I ordered fajitas at a restaurant I'd expect there to be a bowl of shredded cheese on the table as part of the order, so it doesn't seem very odd to me

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arivia posted:

what other kinds of cheese do you use for fajitas

like this might just be some canadian thing but if I ordered fajitas at a restaurant I'd expect there to be a bowl of shredded cheese on the table as part of the order, so it doesn't seem very odd to me

its not canadian, because as someone who grew up on the mexican border, I expect much the same, and for there to be shredded cheese in plenty of other dishes.

I'm sure its some combination of them being busy and the customer being unpleasant

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

RFC2324 posted:

its not canadian, because as someone who grew up on the mexican border, I expect much the same, and for there to be shredded cheese in plenty of other dishes.

I'm sure its some combination of them being busy and the customer being unpleasant

I wouldn't be surprised if they were lying about how long they were waiting.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Having ordered a ton of fajitas in Los Angeles, I can safely say they've never come with shredded cheese.

Wondering if I've been missing out all this time :mad:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The idea of a meal coming with a side bowl of shredded cheese is blowing my mind. It never even occurred to me that this was a thing that is done anywhere. Now I'm sad it doesn't happen everywhere :btroll:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Megera posted:

Having ordered a ton of fajitas in Los Angeles, I can safely say they've never come with shredded cheese.

Wondering if I've been missing out all this time :mad:

California Mexican is kind of it’s own thing right? Do you maybe get other cheeses with yours?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Inceltown posted:

The idea of a meal coming with a side bowl of shredded cheese is blowing my mind. It never even occurred to me that this was a thing that is done anywhere. Now I'm sad it doesn't happen everywhere :btroll:

We’re not talking like a huge bowl. Like fajitas up here are served assemble yourself style (and that seems to be what’s in the tweet) so you get maybe a cup to split between six or so fajitas? Same as you’d presumably get ordering a taco or burrito you just put it in yourself.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I always thought it he cheese on fajitas thing was texmex. I know we add a bunch of cheese to Mexican dishes here in Texas and call it a day.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
As far as I know, having grown up in california and eating/making plenty of fajitas, they don't normally come with cheese. Fajitas are delicious all on their own, but to each their own.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The place I go to gives you a side plate with sour cream and shredded cheese by default. Guessing it’s one of those things that varies place to place.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Meanwhile it took me until this debate to realize the original tweet photo was in a restaurant, and not some guy having ordered a delivery of fajitas to his home and being just STUCK about how to handle the fact they didn't provide cheese.

My first mistake was presuming someone entitled in the present day would be adequately avoiding their chance of infection.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1277308286417526785

Just stepping into that rake.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Saying "you can't cancel me, I don't get any work anyway!" is both a powerful self-own and a near perfect display of hubris. Like challenging the internet to get mad at him is basically what Odysseus did.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That one little comma in there between "women" and "who" is the hinge on a door to a deeper misogyny.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Scratch Monkey posted:

Cheese Fajita Wife Guy deleted his tweet but is still getting dunked on in the comments of his other, non cheese related tweets. He has a podcast of some sort and his episode intro line is "yo yo yiggity yo".
Yo, yo, yiggity, yo!
Waiter! My wife
Needs queso blaco!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shatner's in his late 80s, so maybe we can just wait this one out.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

*cracks neck* ah captain kirk, your time is come.

Time to use my ultimate move, Cancel Cascade Apocalypse Online! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aww, Shatner (or the social media intern running his twitter) still thinks he's relevant enough to be cancelled.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aww, Shatner (or the social media intern running his twitter) still thinks he's relevant enough to be cancelled.

This.

But also, has he done anything to deserve it? I mean it was a long long time ago, but he was instrumental in getting the first inter-racial kiss on American TV.

And on a personal note, I don't want my enjoyment of his silly talk-singing album to be tainted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Runcible Cat posted:

"I have 1% Black ancestry so I can use the n word all I want!"

This is a white Australian senator trying to explain to an indigenous person that even though she (the senator) is white, she's also indigenous because she was born there. "Do you know the word indigenous?"

https://www.facebook.com/news.com.au/videos/3096560777066359/

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter posted:

Shatner's in his late 80s, so maybe we can just wait this one out.

I’ve pointed this out before, but Shatner is only a month younger than James Dean. He’s about to turn 90. James Dean is this mythical giant of Hollywood. It feels like he lived and acted in another timeline, one that barely intersects with ours. Shatner, on the other hand, has always been here. He’s had a couple of lulls, but he’s been otherwise a constant presence on our televisions and in our movies. The gulf between them seems uncrossable, but they were actually contemporaries.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This.

But also, has he done anything to deserve it? I mean it was a long long time ago, but he was instrumental in getting the first inter-racial kiss on American TV.

And on a personal note, I don't want my enjoyment of his silly talk-singing album to be tainted.

I think he posted something transphobic or transphobic-adjacent on twitter a billion years ago in 2018 or 2019.

He's also seventy billion years old and didn't go all Glinner afterwards so nobody cared after a couple weeks. It was a "Grandpa said something about his friend who died at Iwo Jima when I brought home takeout sushi" moment.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Jun 29, 2020

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

TheMostFrench posted:

This is a white Australian senator trying to explain to an indigenous person that even though she (the senator) is white, she's also indigenous because she was born there. "Do you know the word indigenous?"

https://www.facebook.com/news.com.au/videos/3096560777066359/

That's Pauline Hanson who when she first came to fame, (for being anti-Asian racist), was interviewed on TV and didn't know the word "xenophobic".

Good to know she has since expanded her vocabulary as well as her bigotry. (She is now also anti-muslim, anti-aboriginal, and pro MRA because her son is an abuser who got his kids taken away from him by a "feminist bitch")

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This.

Apparently the execs wanted to shoot two versions, one where the kiss isn't shown on screen. They shot the kiss and then Shatner messed up every take of the alternative cut, making weird faces at the camera and dropping lines and what not.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1277497107985821698?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Where's the idiot?

Also, that post was in response to this

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1277496040996761600?s=20

So yeah, heroin might be better for them.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I've known many cokeheads. None of which are particularly fun to be around. I especially remember one guy, his eyes were perfect circles, trying to give a friendly pat on the shoulder while not realizing he was painfully slapping me on the neck and chest multiple times.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Apparently the execs wanted to shoot two versions, one where the kiss isn't shown on screen. They shot the kiss and then Shatner messed up every take of the alternative cut, making weird faces at the camera and dropping lines and what not.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I probably worded it wrong though. What I meant was I didn't think he was one of the bad guys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I probably worded it wrong though. What I meant was I didn't think he was one of the bad guys.

I wasn't disagreeing, just providing further context.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Or how about the guy who started waving a gun around while talking about how he hates sp**s and n*****s in front of my Hispanic friends and all I could do is try to calm the guy down. I try to be respectful of a person's addiction but all coke does is make people the worst version of themselves.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I wasn't disagreeing, just providing further context.

Fair enough. Sorry for being snippy.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I’ve pointed this out before, but Shatner is only a month younger than James Dean. He’s about to turn 90. James Dean is this mythical giant of Hollywood. It feels like he lived and acted in another timeline, one that barely intersects with ours. Shatner, on the other hand, has always been here. He’s had a couple of lulls, but he’s been otherwise a constant presence on our televisions and in our movies. The gulf between them seems uncrossable, but they were actually contemporaries.

He’s done well enough for himself obviously but his career is really just ramshackle stuff since Star Trek. I mean even he knows that’s all he’ll ever be known for. And it’s amusing to me because the last Star Trek movie he was in was 26 years ago.

Not saying he hasn’t done anything since then, but his credits are a lot of payin the bills parts

And yeah, if someone wants to come forward to accuse Shatner, it’ll be a surprise to nobody, most likely. But he’s probably just gonna take all the lovely things he’s done to his grave

Hopefully they’re just run of the mill lovely things that don’t really matter

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

grittyreboot posted:

Or how about the guy who started waving a gun around while talking about how he hates sp**s and n*****s in front of my Hispanic friends and all I could do is try to calm the guy down. I try to be respectful of a person's addiction but all coke does is make people the worst version of themselves.

Coke makes you an rear end in a top hat. Someone who was an rear end in a top hat before coke is going to be a raging loving rear end in a top hat.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ugato posted:

He’s done well enough for himself obviously but his career is really just ramshackle stuff since Star Trek. I mean even he knows that’s all he’ll ever be known for. And it’s amusing to me because the last Star Trek movie he was in was 26 years ago.

Not saying he hasn’t done anything since then, but his credits are a lot of payin the bills parts

And yeah, if someone wants to come forward to accuse Shatner, it’ll be a surprise to nobody, most likely. But he’s probably just gonna take all the lovely things he’s done to his grave

Hopefully they’re just run of the mill lovely things that don’t really matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50f7L-RPaXU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Coke makes you an rear end in a top hat. Someone who was an rear end in a top hat before coke is going to be a raging loving rear end in a top hat.

I'm sorry. As someone who saw his oldest friend spiral into cocaine and heroin addiction that tweet hit me in the wrong spot. I don't want to be overdramatic, but responsibly prescribed medication can save lives while party drugs can destroy them.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

I can’t even name this show. I remember it being on.

Anyway, something new:

https://twitter.com/vistacruiser7/status/1277508527456690176?s=20

E: gently caress that’s not the reply I wanted to copy. And it looks like it’s gone already. Guy said “and that’s why I refuse to let any of my family get tested”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

science man fails to understand middle school science

the doors and steering wheel falls off his cars thanks to terrible factory design