Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

I'm glad creep cutting shenanigans are gone.

icefrog seems to hate any mechanics that let offlaners get out of a lovely lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

icefrog seems to hate any mechanics that let offlaners get out of a lovely lane

Icefrog is correct.

The purpose of offlaners is to suffer

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Andrast posted:

Icefrog is correct.

The purpose of offlaners is to suffer

as somebody who plays offlane, this is accurate

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

violent sex idiot posted:

its 20% worse at punishing spellcasters. not sure its a big buff gamer

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpikyPrettiestHumanBrainSlug

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I haven't tried it yet but removing the health regen component of soul ring seems like a huge nerf, since it was needed to offset the active ability. Even then, it didn't fully offset it if you were using it every time it came off cooldown.

I play a lot of Techies (I'm not sorry) and this seems like a strong nerf to his early game since he's so mana dependent.

I hope I'm wrong.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

violent sex idiot posted:

i guess its strong for uhhhhh, fuckin tusk? even for that its worse since you just wanted to do lots of attacks fast. abaddon? beast master?
It's basically just a Beastmaster and Lycan item, I think, and Lycan only if you plan on actually battling people.

rjmccall posted:

Honestly not sure why they looked at blademail in the first place as an item that needs a major buff. Giving it a passive component is interesting but should be offset by more than just losing some int.
It was getting built on int carries just because it had a bunch of damage on it; the removal of the int makes it less of an efficient right click item.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that owns

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I haven't tried it yet but removing the health regen component of soul ring seems like a huge nerf, since it was needed to offset the active ability. Even then, it didn't fully offset it if you were using it every time it came off cooldown.

I play a lot of Techies (I'm not sorry) and this seems like a strong nerf to his early game since he's so mana dependent.

I hope I'm wrong.

that seems to be the intent.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

what's the point of the tower attack speed/damage changes??? other than destroying my brain's ability to last hit under towers or w/e

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It actually makes it considerably easier to last hit. The towers have 20% less damage which means you need 20% less.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
makes fortify/blood lust stronger. makes zoo strats slightly weaker i guess? it's a buff to jakiro and snap fire??

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I don't believe this is anything more than wanting an honourable way out of the scene, but the main thing is he's gone

https://twitter.com/PaulChaloner/status/1277625893989560328

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

If you do <72 damage, you should hit the melee creep once before the last hit (i.e. a "pre-hit")
If you do >=72 damage, you can (on average) secure the last hit without "pre-hitting"

If you do <70 damage, you will need to "pre-hit" the siege creep once and take the last hit after 4 tower hits
If you do >=70 damage, you can last hit the siege creep after 4 tower hits.

You can (almost) always last hit a ranged creep after 3 tower hits (>=30 damage)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

I don't believe this is anything more than wanting an honourable way out of the scene, but the main thing is he's gone

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12YM0BAU6osbxK3z20niLkeXfMjTTezozWpcA_fDyY7Q/preview?pru=AAABcyTV_1M*IFnBUoVycS1jkZR_4eNqgw

Bunch of the stuff that 'attacked' him

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

At the point at which you are getting accused of child abuse I absolutely do not blame him for stepping the gently caress away.

e: dotatalk, looks like Icefrog really wants people to stick to their lane

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm torn on the new blademail, the loss of the int hurts heroes like undying that can always use more mana/mana regen but the passive seems goofy as hell and worth it for that alone

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

Redeye seems like a huge drama queen and is apparently a terrible person to work with/for, but did he actually get accusations towards his family or his children?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
There’s a reddit post in that latest link that claims to be from a juror in a trial against him on domestic abuse charges which were dropped by the prosecution during the trial. Apparently both his wife and his daughters testified to direct abuse.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Apparently the court case mentioned by James was in regards to Redeye abusing his (ex?)wife and kids. He was found not guilty but the case is sealed.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Offlane Zeus vs a TB trilane seems like the worst poo poo

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bring back Yames

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/SamVanTilburgh/status/1277640894192087050?s=19

Okay well thats that, good riddance to Redeye

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Can we kill off Richard Lewis too while at it?

Anyway, Banks might have managed a mutual kill on himself with the way he approached this.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alchenar posted:

At the point at which you are getting accused of child abuse I absolutely do not blame him for stepping the gently caress away.

e: dotatalk, looks like Icefrog really wants people to stick to their lane

Yeah but the XP buff for kills makes roaming worth it if you're sure you can get a kill.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm torn on the new blademail, the loss of the int hurts heroes like undying that can always use more mana/mana regen but the passive seems goofy as hell and worth it for that alone

The whole meta seems to be tilting a bit towards right clicking so the new passive will be good for that.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

lurksion posted:

Can we kill off Richard Lewis too while at it?

Anyway, Banks might have managed a mutual kill on himself with the way he approached this.

who reports on the reporters?

rlewis is somehow immune to getting in trouble by virtue of being an unabashed garbage person

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Yeah but the XP buff for kills makes roaming worth it if you're sure you can get a kill.

The whole meta seems to be tilting a bit towards right clicking so the new passive will be good for that.

Oh yeah, he's not killing roaming, he's just messing with the lane cutters.

I find it a bit hard to parse the changes. It looks like auras got a bit of a nerf? Some items got more expensive, a very few got less. Is the aim to push game lengths out to 60-70 minutes?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Demon defence:

https://twitter.com/DotaDeMoN/status/1277675040201465858

ANd cofactorstrudel with the ominous post afterwards

https://twitter.com/cofactorstrudel/status/1277680894254276614

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

from demon's post:

quote:

“From my perspective,” if I were to try to hit on a woman, i.e stranger, I would start with my ‘play boy’ pick up lines (lol), and charm. Subsequently, if and only if, I notice the feelings were reciprocated, I would then ask her if she would like to dance. I would not charge head forward dry humping her...FYI it takes a lot more than just a blink of an eye and cheap small talk to erect my penis. Speaking transparently here, even if I were to accidentally have an erection, that would not incline me to keep dancing with a girl. In actuality, I would feel extremely embarrassed and immediately pull away. To put it clearly, basic human interaction, for me at least, is not to do something like that—particularly with a random stranger who was just entering the Dota scene. Considering that early on in my career, there has always been rumors of rumors and stories of stories in speculation of me, in which most cases have just been fabricated and exaggerated through multiple parties.

:yikes:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Oh yeah, he's not killing roaming, he's just messing with the lane cutters.

I find it a bit hard to parse the changes. It looks like auras got a bit of a nerf? Some items got more expensive, a very few got less. Is the aim to push game lengths out to 60-70 minutes?

Slowed down snowballing and map control/farming strategies while making early kills and stacking more rewarding which will let supports do more earlier and roam more I think

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

The REAL Goobusters posted:

from demon's post:

:yikes:

oh my god, lmao. What a creepy loving idiot. Whatever dude, you suck.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Demon post is hilarious and I guess somehow took him days to put together

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's borderline OJ "If I did it" territory.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Interesting choice of words. At parts it reads almost like copypasta/satire.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 29, 2020

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

EG about to lose to the zoomers again

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the famed EG midgame is BACK

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

quote:

My point though, is not to demonstrate myself as a perfect individual or ‘play victim’, but remind everyone how I have always been misunderstood by the community. Ever since I could remember, my persona has been critically examined, criticized, dissected, misinterpreted, and etc. I have long accepted the fact I will always be under a fallacious microscope. I chose to dismiss these false accusations early on because I learned how to detach my feelings and emotions to conventional words people have attached to my name. I think this slow disintegration (from the public’s naked eye) of my reputation from my early career till now is to be read not as a tragic event, but as a necessary, even helpful, stage in human development.

Said the totally normal not-a-creepy-narcassist

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Holy poo poo Demon's response is a wagonload of needlessly complicated words meaning nothing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I did always get the psychopath vibe from Redeye

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This "holy moly" voice line is so good, why wasn't it in the pass from the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Imagine if they were still holding the International in a month and a half with all this poo poo going on