Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blouchi
Jun 29, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mod Edit: removed doxxing attempt.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blouchi
Jun 29, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mod Edit: removed weird obsessive posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 29, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlHYXB-diA

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

rest his guts posted:

Great card this weekend.

The Bryan Allen postfight commentary pissed me off. Treating Daukus like he’s some scrub (that you barely slipped by) and saying poo poo like, ‘I had an off night’ doesn’t engender you well to fans (me). Don’t think anything he did gets him a shot against Heinisch, but on the off-chance that does happen, I look forward to watching him get starched.

I saw that as someone who is very personally critical, it was ugly. I don't think his competitor even entered his mind.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You know I disliked Mike Perry at first because of the whole racist poo poo in the Leech fight, but then it turns out that he fired those cornermen and went off to be an enchanted wanderer, so he's back in my good books.

Was the weird moderated poster above the person who shows up annually to preach the horrors of Texihoweveritsspelled?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

You know I disliked Mike Perry at first because of the whole racist poo poo in the Leech fight, but then it turns out that he fired those cornermen and went off to be an enchanted wanderer, so he's back in my good books.

Was the weird moderated poster above the person who shows up annually to preach the horrors of Texihoweveritsspelled?

mike perry has never fought the leech li jianliang

he fought the ace hyun gyu lim when presumably alex nicholson said the racist line "he can't even open his eyes"

but mike also did that racist native american video before the cowboy fight, plus all the times he uses the n word and general homophobia

he's still a profoundly ignorant dude

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Thinking back to the Porier / Hooker fight - how is Hooker's ground game rated? It seemed from watching and what I've heard about his background that his strength was really in his standup. He did hit quite a few takedowns, but once he got the fight to the ground he didn't look threatening at all, either from a grappling or ground and pound standpoint. Did Porier just handle him really well, or is groudwork a known weakness in Hooker's game?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

he fought the ace hyun gyu lim when presumably alex nicholson said the racist line "he can't even open his eyes"

but mike also did that racist native american video before the cowboy fight, plus all the times he uses the n word and general homophobia

Huh, I've never heard of the cornerman incident, I just assumed all his racist bullshit was his own.

Li Jianliang vs Mike Perry actually sounds like a fun matchup, I think Mike would get his rear end kicked though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

oop my bad. I didn't go back and look at his record. I remembered that it was Alex Nicholson though.

I forgot about the video for the cowboy fight. That was pretty bad. Moving him back to "cautiously neutral and slightly negative" on the basis that I believe that he's too dumb to understand most of this poo poo.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

blouchi posted:

Mod Edit: removed doxxing attempt.

yeah I'm not sure what this was but it can go right to hell. giving 10 bucks to domestic abuse to litigate an internet grudge.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 29, 2020

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

thought about gian villante's loss again this morning and started my day off with a great laugh

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

piratepilates posted:

yeah I'm not sure what this was but it can go right to hell. giving 10 bucks to domestic abuse to litigate an internet grudge.

i mean it was about calling out someone in this thread for sexual abuse from what I saw but go off i guess

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Hey guys, can we stfu about poster's alleged associations in this thread and talk about fighting?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

You'll never silence me huffing deanies farts

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Can we shut the gently caress up on the back seat modding and talk about how a fat guy tapped out because someone was hugging him too tightly

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It reminded me of Joe Rogan getting really angry when Sage Northcutt tapped out to what ended up being a sore throat.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

double negative posted:

thought about gian villante's loss again this morning and started my day off with a great laugh

This was me the entire fight, but especially the dissection of the tap:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

SA Forums Poster posted:

Can we shut the gently caress up on the back seat modding and talk about how a fat guy tapped out because someone was hugging him too tightly

yeah you're right. My bad, I'm sorry.

what's this about fat man tight hug tap out now? I didn't catch the card.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 29, 2020

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

piratepilates posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1277061017965453313

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
he's certainly embracing the heavyweight ethos, body and mind.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
also jon anik has classed up the ufc so much. it almost feels like a real sport when he's interviewing people.

NyQuil Binge
Oct 27, 2003
home of the whopper.
The only thing funnier than Mike Perry's post fight rant was Jon Anik's polite smile and nod throughout.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Jon Anik ruined Ben Rothwell's special night

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Foul Fowl posted:

he's certainly embracing the heavyweight ethos, body and mind.

matt serra body; nick serra stamina

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I love how you can see the ref’s shock at Villante tapping from being hugged too hard.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

NyQuil Binge posted:

The only thing funnier than Mike Perry's post fight rant was Jon Anik's polite smile and nod throughout.

he's the perfect straight man to all these maniacs

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Go use whatever your preferred method is of watching cards and loving watch that card, it was one of the best ones of the year.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Anik is low key super sarcastic and I love it. He's been a great addition. Now we just need to eject Cruz and we're good.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

imo we need to book a Dom Cruz vs. Cormier/Bisping/Felder gauntlet match and they can take out all their frustrations from commentating with him. as a surprise at the end, Jon Anik gets to come out and kick him in the nards

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Brut posted:

Go use whatever your preferred method is of watching cards and loving watch that card, it was one of the best ones of the year.

How were the prelims?

e] Oh nice, I'll def check em out then

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 29, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

How were the prelims?

The first fight was good, the other 3 were great. The whole card is only 10 fights unlike the usual 12-13 and the only bad fight was probably Greene vs Villante which was just really trashweighty, so if it went to decision I'd say you could skip it, but the finish was so loving funny you might wanna see how they got there, also it was Villante's first time at heavyweight so that might just be worth seeing in general, if you care about that sorta thing.

Brut fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 29, 2020

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I unironically loved the Greene/Villiante fight. Featured some of the most effective and NY/NJ cornering possible, a fighter improving all 3 rounds, and then a hilarious finish.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

imo we need to book a Dom Cruz vs. Cormier/Bisping/Felder gauntlet match and they can take out all their frustrations from commentating with him. as a surprise at the end, Jon Anik gets to come out and kick him in the nards

new rule, cruz is only allowed to commentate fights reffed by keith peterson

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Everyone likes Anik too now? What the gently caress? Did I get transported to the Bizarro Universe somehow?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shadow225 posted:

Anik is low key super sarcastic and I love it. He's been a great addition. Now we just need to eject Cruz and we're good.

Anik's found his groove from his early time as a commentator. I like Cruz but i think I'm the only one here.

Bluedeanie posted:

Jon Anik ruined Ben Rothwell's special night

gently caress, i forgot about the special nights. Reaching back into history on that one.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Everyone likes Anik too now? What the gently caress? Did I get transported to the Bizarro Universe somehow?

Anik>Smith>Goldie>Fitzgerald>that dude who did that one UFC Russia card.

I actually prefer Fitzgerald to Goldie but I think like 95% of the forum disagrees with me so I'm not dying on that hill.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Smith was better than Anik. He got totally screwed over by the UFC and I feel bad for him.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Smith was better than Anik. He got totally screwed over by the UFC and I feel bad for him.

Yeah you might be right, he definitely knew more about the sport especially at the time, but he seemed less comfortable on the mic to me, especially doing interviews.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Brut posted:

Anik>Smith>Goldie>Fitzgerald>that dude who did that one UFC Russia card.

I actually prefer Fitzgerald to Goldie but I think like 95% of the forum disagrees with me so I'm not dying on that hill.

I rank Fitzy pretty high, but only because he has satisfied the requirement of all Boston media personalities to at some point demonstrate their suppressed Boston accent.
Unlike Dana, who's never gonna show his hand there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CommonShore posted:

That was a really weird situation, it was like they picked him up for a year so that Bellator couldn't re-sign him, then by the time his contract with the UFC was up, Bellator already had Big John and Goldie locked in, i.e. The Worst Booth In Modern MMA.