Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been pirating A LOT.

I think I need to break it up a bit. What would be a good complement to Blag Flag?

Deadly Premonition, RE4, Dragon's Dogma, FF IX, or should I buy Mr Driller-land, Shinsekai, or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think I need to break it up a bit. What would be a good complement to Blag Flag?

Deadly Premonition, RE4, Dragon's Dogma, FF IX, or should I buy Mr Driller-land, Shinsekai, or something else?

Play DP now if you’re planning to play the sequel in 2 weeks. Absolutely buy Mr. Driller too. It’s a game I see myself coming back to a lot.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Bloop posted:

I require at least ten times more shades of brown than the human eye can discern if I am to enjoy myself at all

Have you examined your underpants?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

Have you examined your underpants?

im not wearing any but i did get a new gamer chair

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Bloop posted:

im not wearing any but i did get a new gamer chair

You certainly know how to make an impression.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Man, why are you even asking when you know I'll see this post? :colbert:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Absolutely play RE4 first if you’ve never played it but I’m getting ready to replay DP1 and D4 since I have a suspension that DP2 will also be a semi-sequel to D4 as well.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you're thinking about playing them close together I can't think of anything worse than playing Deadly Premonition right after RE4 so I'd start with the former

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I just watched some gameplay footage for DP2 and my god does it look even jankier than the first game, I didn't think that was even possible. I'm starting to reconsider any kind of hype for this game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BisterdDave posted:

I just watched some gameplay footage for DP2 and my god does it look even jankier than the first game, I didn't think that was even possible. I'm starting to reconsider any kind of hype for this game.

Where have you seen gameplay footage? I just see a few trailers on YouTube. It looks good from the newest one imo.

Swery’s newer games haven’t been that janky so I’m surprised if it’s like that but it’ll be part of the charm.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BisterdDave posted:

Swery games are not for you

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Where have you seen gameplay footage? I just see a few trailers on YouTube. It looks good from the newest one imo.

Swery’s newer games haven’t been that janky so I’m surprised if it’s like that but it’ll be part of the charm.

https://youtu.be/SuOvygrl7vw

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
My copy of Ring Fit Adventure arrived today. I'm pumped, this looks better than Wii Fit U and that game caused me to lose a lot of weight. RIP Goon Gym and the one other guy that was still logging in like a year after all the other goons quit.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

what the hell........ that is not agent francis yorke morgan's voice!!!!!!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If you were only going to get one, which would you choose out of Streets of Rage 4 or River City girls ?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was about to say it looks fine until I got to the skateboarding parts.:lol:

I’m still hyped as hell.

romanowski posted:

what the hell........ that is not agent francis yorke morgan's voice!!!!!!

It’s the same voice actor still, Jeff Kramer.

fit em all up in there posted:

If you were only going to get one, which would you choose out of Streets of Rage 4 or River City girls ?

Streets of Rage 4. It’s not even close. Gameplay is miles better.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Times are tough. I have now set up multiple text alerts for Nintendo Switch restocks. I am probably half a week away from learning how to use Bird Bot.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s the same voice actor still, Jeff Kramer.

Sounds like he's sort of lost the voice a bit, and like he's doing a younger version of York. I think after a little while he'll sound fine.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Momomo posted:

Sounds like he's sort of lost the voice a bit, and like he's doing a younger version of York. I think after a little while he'll sound fine.

The York sections are a prequel so it makes sense for York to sound like that.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want ring fit so badly.....it sells out so fast. :smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waffleopolis posted:

I want ring fit so badly.....it sells out so fast. :smith:

Check your local big box stores. Mine have been getting shipments in every week this month.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Nanigans posted:

Nah, it's cool. I decided to just finally splurge on a micro SD card and I'm gonna download it.

I wish it was on sale. It's still the full $60. I'm replaying Hollow Knight, so maybe by the time I'm done, it'll be on sale.

Did you like the game?

I've beaten Ys 8. It was enjoyable and a fun action rpg. I would advise not getting it on Switch if you can, but the switch port is perfectly playable. It has a few performance issues that the other versions don't have. I liked the game enough to pretty much do everything in it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SoR4. I haven't played the other, but I have played SoR4 a ton and it's amazing. It's the pinnacle of the genre.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Absolutely play RE4 first if you’ve never played it but I’m getting ready to replay DP1 and D4 since I have a suspension that DP2 will also be a semi-sequel to D4 as well.

I'm not going to get DP2 right right now. I have played RE4 though. What's D4?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, why are you even asking when you know I'll see this post? :colbert:

It's an excellent game, but would it complement fun pirate times? I'll give it a shot, it moves literally a lot slower compared to AC but it's way more action paced. I'll admit I do not know what I mean by complement. I feel like DP needs my full focus to keep the story intact.

It's why I thought of just getting Mr Driller, since it's arcadey. Fun bursts of little but importantly distinct action with no plot investment to it. Just a way to break up being a pirate if I begin to overwhelm myself.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Check your local big box stores. Mine have been getting shipments in every week this month.

What the hell is a big box store? :psyduck:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wal Mart, Best Buy, Target. It's a widely used term.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

What the hell is a big box store? :psyduck:
Stores that are exclusively located in large boxes, like Walmart or Best Buy

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

The Walmart down the street from me has had a few copies in for weeks now.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Re: graphics chat

Remember when Sony fans got up in arms over a puddle. Insomniac's response was to turn the puddle into a sticker for photo mode, so people could put in as many puddles as they want, lol. Puddles.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm not going to get DP2 right right now. I have played RE4 though. What's D4?

D4 is another game by the same director as DP that’s on Xbox One and PC only. It’s a episodic point and click adventure type game that he was never able to finish and there’s some hints that DP2 may be connected to it as well.

Under your current criteria I really recommend Mr. Driller. There’s so many modes including really more casual relaxing ones.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Waffle! posted:

Re: graphics chat

Remember when Sony fans got up in arms over a puddle. Insomniac's response was to turn the puddle into a sticker for photo mode, so people could put in as many puddles as they want, lol. Puddles.

Real Gamers remember throwing a fit over Wind Waker cause of the graphics. WW has aged better than Twilight Princess and still looks good today.

:qq: BUH I WANT MY MATURE ZELDA NOT SOME KIDDY CARTOON :qq:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Violet_Sky posted:

Real Gamers remember throwing a fit over Wind Waker cause of the graphics. WW has aged better than Twilight Princess and still looks good today.

Pretend I posted that giant bomb clip where Jeff gets upset that the Link’s Awakening remake graphics are divisive, conjuring his rage at the wind waker backlash all over again. “I wanna turn into a wolf and gently caress!”

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm not familiar with that, sounds like a really obscure piece of trivia

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 30, 2020

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I popped in the GC version of Wind Waker last week and the camera stick controls are inversed to what every game today uses. Sure it would be way to get used to but it was jarring.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

SoR4 easily.

And 100Years I would probably get Mr Driller. You need a nice arcade game to be a companion to story stuff.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Violet_Sky posted:

Anyone ever see someone say "Cel-da"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Social Animal posted:

SoR4 easily.
Counterpoint: I'm enjoying RSG much more, despite its flaws. I like the RPG elements, I like tracking down all the different foods and equipment items with weird properties, I like the ridiculous dialogue, I like that it has wider open spaces to fight in, and the sprite animations are some of my favorite I've seen in any game. I just started using Riki in NG+ and holy hell that's stylish.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 30, 2020

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So it seems like it's pretty much impossible to buy a new switch unless you want to pay 400 dollars right now? If this like production issues cause if the Rona and a bunch of assholes buying up what does come out then reselling for an extra hundred dollars?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They come in stock pretty often. Set up email alerts with BrickSeek and follow Wario64 on twitter. They come up at least a couple times a day.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Counterpoint: I'm enjoying RSG much more, despite its flaws. I like the RPG elements, I like tracking down all the different foods and equipment items with weird properties, I like the ridiculous dialogue, I like that it has wider open spaces to fight in, and the sprite animations are some of my favorite I've seen in any game. I just started using Riki in NG+ and holy hell that's stylish.

RSG is alright but for me it's one of those games where after beating it I'll probably not replay it. SoR4 though is so easy to jump in and whoop some rear end.

Also this reminded me of the fact that I only own one GBA game and it's RCR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
There's also a thread in the Mart forums where goons are helping find switches. I see some at Target now and then, but I haven't the funds to up and start buying any to help out. A lot of the resellers have been using some bot or another.