Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

you said i was a steaming pile of poo poo you little coward. vengeance is coming

I apologise for that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't click on vengeance earlier

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
This BTE got me literally lol'ing. Kicking off with the Babyback Ribs, it just kept getting funnier.

Kenny is an INCREDIBLE bad actor. "Ooooooo my NUTS" :classiclol:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think I am friends with Cavauro. At minimum I do not wish to be Cav's enemy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That BTE was hilarious. The Dark Order bit with Hangman and Brodie losing his mind had me laughing out loud.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Yeah the Dark Order were making the hard sell this episode.

I also loved the Merch Freak bit, with someones hand creeping in just off frame to flick the lights :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Dark Order being the most useless cult ever is the twist I never knew I needed

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone else kind of impressed at the force at which Brodie can throw a stack of loose papers at someone like I am? That poo poo hits with a pretty loud smack both times.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

explosivo posted:

Anyone else kind of impressed at the force at which Brodie can throw a stack of loose papers at someone like I am? That poo poo hits with a pretty loud smack both times.

The second one sounded like absolute murder. I think they must have had someone doing a foley slap off camera for the sound effect but if so, the timing was perfect.

Calling up Uno to make him throw papers at himself cracked me the gently caress up.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Hangman using the "two ships passing in the night" metaphor to Brodie is so perfectly anxious millennial cowboy :allears:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
it's Monday and I remembered there's an AEW thread so that's great, just like this episode of BTE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Talk is Jericho with Luther had some interesting tidbits on other AEW stuff.

Luther sent in 3 audition tapes, originally to be the Exalted One at Jericho's suggestion. He was put with the Nightmare Collective because the Bucks were planning to sign Marty to be the Exalted One as of mid-December, then were going to go with Matt Hardy before it was decided on Brodie. Jim Mitchell had been discussed early on too.

Luther signed at the SLC show the day everything started getting cancelled.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone know what the lead-in on TNT was?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Fast and the Furious

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
This week's BTE has taught me that I really, really want Kenny Omega to do Old Spice commercials

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I think a good BTE gimmick is someone gets put in charge of trying to improve Luther by giving him new gimmicks and trying to cut promos and all it ends up happening is pointing to his head, sticking out his tounge, and doing something reckless and stupid.

It'll be like training a lovely dog.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DeathChicken posted:

Fast and the Furious

Orange Cassidy is the top and the bottom of AEW ratings. A powerful, delicate balance.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Luther's weird preacher promos on YT are good, but he doesn't point at his head and stick his tongue out enough.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You guys were not lying about BTE this week. They've had funnier skits but this week was just perfectly sustained and really had no weak bits.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Still laughing at Kenny going "Ohhhh my TUMMY"

The ribs thing was the closest I was to an eh segment this week because it's like a 15 year old joke at this point but they went all in on it and Colt nope'ing out of the room at the end was hilarious.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Fast and the Furious

no it was not

it was 2 Fast 2 Furious there is a big difference

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW’s lead in this week is The Longest Yard and I can already hear the Elitecels making excuses about why they lost to The Greatest American Bash

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Orange Cassidy is the top and the bottom of AEW ratings. A powerful, delicate balance.

Imagine the ratings if TNT aired Fast 5 as the lead-in!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

no, "Jif" is right because its Jraphics Interchange Format.

Obviously, that's how the English language works.

I always hope the video James I play have Jood Jraphics.

also, the dude created a gif format, not the English language, and i'm pretty sure he's just being a huge troll (which I respect, honestly).

Right, because the English language is always perfectly consistent. It's why "slaughter" and "laughter" rhyme, after all.

It's why we pronounce "laser" lah-seer to ensure the letter sounds of each of its components is maintained in the acronym.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
AEW sign The Rock to job to Orange Cassidy

FF presents: Hobbs and Shaw producers cast Orange Cassidy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Endless Mike posted:

Right, because the English language is always perfectly consistent. It's why "slaughter" and "laughter" rhyme, after all.

It's why we pronounce "laser" lah-seer to ensure the letter sounds of each of its components is maintained in the acronym.

Go home Mike.

This debate will be Endless

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i appreciate you saving your genius list of 100 soft g words for later in the argument rather than beginning with it. however, the ship is sinking, and we're all joing to die.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
That was my favorite episode of BTE that I've seen. I am dying with curiousity to see the toy ad now. Is it out already, or are we waiting for it?

I am still kinda pissed that apparently Pentagon is gonna be in series 2. I want him nooooooow.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Will Penta, if confronted with a toy version of himself, think that it's also him, but smaller?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Will Penta, if confronted with a toy version of himself, think that it's also him, but smaller?

No because when someone scares him with it he'll see it through a giant magnifying glass and think it's a bigger Pentagon.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
TNT badly needs new lead ins, old movies attract nothing but boomers and they're already the worst audience in the demos

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Codependent Poster posted:

*whispering to tiny self* cero miedo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't know what it is about the Brodie skit but it's the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i liked the reveal that the bucks use blading to skip ahead in airport lines.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I don't know what it is about the Brodie skit but it's the funniest thing I've seen in ages.
the way he left the room again was a work of art, the timing of the door closing was perfect

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Brody did a really good job playing that dead serious. I have to imagine working for WWE teaches you how to not corpse while doing dumb stuff you're supposed to play off as serious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

His call to Uno was amazing

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Is Kazarian's southern accent bit a Jarrett reference?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think something I really enjoyed about this BTE is how Dark Order feels like it's almost ready to be fighting The Elite. Both factions basically shared the whole program, obv The Elite had the much bigger share, but they were present in almost all the skits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

He's 100% Les Grossman, Tom Cruise's character in Tropic Thunder in this BTE. It's great. :allears: