Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He was actually referencing Tony Hawks UnderGround this is all a big misunderstanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/unblockablezzz/status/1277724452156051457?s=20

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Mike, no :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh poo poo

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/TheHowlingStorm/status/1277685864886415366

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
gently caress! This is the guy who made the Soviet Tager guide on how to play Tager too! I loved that drat video! How could you betray me like this Mike Z?!

EDIT:

STiL. posted:

I may be wrong, but in BlazBlue all the timeloop nonsense is essentially backstory? The only timeloop that occurs during the events of any of the actual games is Central Fiction, which is very definitely the ending of the storyline where things get wrapped up. Everything prior to this, from Calamity Trigger to Chronophantasma, is all a single 'final' timeline with no resets.

Calamity Trigger is nothing but timeloops. Continuum Shift is about taking power from the Takamagahara which is causing time loops. Chronophantasma is about timeloops too, I think, I actually don't remember much of Chronophantasma except the Six Heroes plot and the ending. Centralfiction has already been covered.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, and Bang, objectively best character, finally being relevant. Although Valkenhayn comes close to being best character.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 29, 2020

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

lmao. not keeping up with the drama but thats a great joke

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

jesus loving christ man

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
After everything said about the SG workplace let them eat each other alive, imo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is what they get for making Skull Girls.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Yeah, the players are starting to weigh in

https://twitter.com/SonicFox/status/1277732002804924416?s=20
https://twitter.com/SonicFox/status/1277733957220667392?s=20
https://twitter.com/SonicFox/status/1277735547671326723?s=20

https://twitter.com/dapurplesharpie/status/1277716507489959939?s=20

.. so... uh... Is it still too late to call Hasbro about getting Battle for the Grid at EVO?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ruining my career with real Soviet damage

:hmmyes:

Those are some pretty wild stories, what a huge shithead. He's definitely done, and good riddance

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mikezeroo.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
That really quickly went from "Pathetic and hilarious, but ultimately not really egregious" to "Oof" very quick.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I made the mistake of looking at the steam charts for the fighting games I'm most interested in, and oof

Definitely picking up a next-gen console

Also what the gently caress, Mike? Why can't you just be a non-lovely person

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

IronicDongz posted:

cosplay lady led with a weird sexual dm, mike z misinterpreted and spaghetti'd all over trying to awkwardly flirt

this isn't something that needed a big twitter callout
Nah it's cool and good

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I find it kind of funny that we were just talking about Mike Z just a few days ago.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Overbite posted:

Ok I changed my mind mike z is over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

FWIW this guy might be leaving a number of details out of the picture

quote:

Just a quick FYI Beezul parted ways from LZ due to having rage issues and being a serial harasser themselves, to the point they almost physically assaulted a woman employee.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

dragon enthusiast posted:

FWIW this guy might be leaving a number of details out of the picture

mycot posted:

After everything said about the SG workplace let them eat each other alive, imo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mike Z is 37 goddamn years old.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Gologle posted:

Calamity Trigger is nothing but timeloops. Continuum Shift is about taking power from the Takamagahara which is causing time loops. Chronophantasma is about timeloops too, I think, I actually don't remember much of Chronophantasma except the Six Heroes plot and the ending. Centralfiction has already been covered.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, and Bang, objectively best character, finally being relevant. Although Valkenhayn comes close to being best character.
Funny that the conversation seems to have moved on, but I'm 99% sure that all the events from Calamity Trigger and leading up to Central Fiction is one timeline, namely it being the final 'loop'. We're merely told of the hundreds of loops that have come before, but the series of events depicted in the games are largely the loop finally coming to an end.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

I made the mistake of looking at the steam charts for the fighting games I'm most interested in, and oof

Definitely picking up a next-gen console

Also what the gently caress, Mike? Why can't you just be a non-lovely person

You're going to be doing matchmaking yourself for the vast majority of non-fightcade non-SFV/Tekken games regardless of system. You'll find occasional random matches, sure, and maybe more often on consoles depending on game and time, but that's just the nature of our dumb little hobby. Not enough people into it to support the large number of games.

It's not a terrible thing though, if you can find a reasonably active community. Having fewer randos makes for easier learning and improving in my experience.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PC is the best place to play most fighting games. Between fightcade and discord for Steam games, there's always stuff to play. PSN sucks balls and they make you pay for that.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

PSN sucks balls and they make you pay for that.

:hmmyes:

All right well I guess I'll have to just suck it up and not be antisocial and use discord

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
on the bright side, at least other games are starting to get the message about rollback now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know how someone barely avoids his community turning on him due to making the most poorly timed joke in human history and then like three weeks later opens his stupid loving mouth in a DM and unleashes the floodgates of people talking about how much he actually sucks

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
goddamnit mike z

dude always came off weird but not in a creepy way until now

it's relatively low-grade (compared to some of the poo poo we've been seeing recently) on the scale of being a creep but he's still a creep nonetheless, although if it was a frequent thing the community going "he has to be held accountable" just now is a bit precious...didn't you notice this poo poo before?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Considering how people's accusations have the potential to lead to their harassment in general, among other things, as well as how loving terrible the FGC is, I don't blame people for not coming forward sooner.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A Bystander posted:

Considering how people's accusations have the potential to lead to their harassment in general, among other things, as well as how loving terrible the FGC is, I don't blame people for not coming forward sooner.

Oh, I don't even mean the victims, it's just that I'm always left with a bad taste in my mouth when apparently someone being a creep is a well-known secret in a community with progressive enough figureheads. It just smacks of insular behavior, y'know, no one wants to shake the boat until it's already sinking.

On the other hand, it is kinda exhausting to try and call out people being weird and creepy in small communities, everyone just acts like it's no big deal and you end up being the "annoying one" in no time.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The more people get exposed for being shitheads in the FGC the more it frustrates me that Infiltration gets to remain part of it.
(Though to be clear it's still good and cool that shitheads get exposed.)

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I still get heated every time I see Dyne's name come up because that fucker ruined the Virtua Fighter discord server I was in by purely by being there due to his posse following him in and being just as insufferable.

I don't even know if there's a cleaner VF server because Oneida turned out to be a creepo too.

(please Sega port VF5FS to a newer console or PC)

Zeether fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 30, 2020

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
dyne is still a mod on the fightcade discord afaik

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I CAN NOT believe the guy who made a public showing of how they made skullgirls less pervy (but then left in this and a ton of other hentai poo poo in the game)

could turn out to actually be kind of an rear end in a top hat that publicly says one thing but believes another. no way. not mike Z, the guy who made a funny video where he spoke in a stereotype accent 12 years ago.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Zeether posted:

I don't even know if there's a cleaner VF server because Oneida turned out to be a creepo too.

Oneida was doing some work promoting VF in my circles and then... well... that came out and I'm barely even hearing about VF at all anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wait, what did Oneida do? I remember the guy being one of the hardest working at promoting VF and then he vanished at some point?