Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Post back if you have success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Charles posted:

Post back if you have success

Will do

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Just switched from sprint to tmobile everything's been great so far except that I cannot get a signal inside my building at work.
I had a galaxy s10 with sprint and have the same model of phone with tmobile now.
WiFi isn't available here unfortunately is there something I can ask tmobile about?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Which specific model do you have? If it's not one with Band 71 getting a phone that supports that band may help. Otherwise the only thing you can do is report it to TMobile and hope they add a new tower or adjust an existing one to provide more coverage (or ask your employer to add a cellular signal booster).

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I have another galaxy s10

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
T-Mobile is down for a majority of the east coast right now, since about 3 AM EST.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 24, 2020

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I was wondering why I couldn't get a data connection thanks

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Thumposaurus posted:

I was wondering why I couldn't get a data connection thanks

No problem. Looks like as of 15 minutes ago it's back up for most people.

Czolgosz
Sep 13, 2007
I'll be the Lee Harvey Oswald to your Jack Kennedy.
So is this plan basically the (now defunct) nerd plan but with unlimited talk and text (instead of 100 minutes) and $5 dollars cheaper?

I'm still on the nerd plan and was planning to keep it that way until either it or I died. Because the nerd plan was also prepaid, I don't think I'd be giving up any protections, but I'm worried about jumping ship and (in a few years) ending up having to move to an actual plan. (The data increases for the next five years and the "for the next two months" language re: Metro lare potential red flags.)

Czolgosz fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 24, 2020

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Czolgosz posted:

So is this plan basically the (now defunct) nerd plan but with unlimited talk and text (instead of 100 minutes) and $5 dollars cheaper?

I'm still on the nerd plan and was planning to keep it that way until either it or I died. Because the nerd plan was also prepaid, I don't think I'd be giving up any protections, but I'm worried about jumping ship and (in a few years) ending up having to move to an actual plan. (The data increases for the next five years and the "for the next two months" language re: Metro lare potential red flags.)

There's a caveat, this plan cuts data off completely after hitting the limit.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The phrasing on the data upgrade is ambiguous, but it reads to me like you get an extra 500mb per year as like a loyalty bonus up to a 2.5gb cap. The metro plan will go up, re: "for 60 days after customers activate." What the difference is between TMobile connect and the Metro plan is though it doesn't say.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I don’t know if there’s anything worth watching on Quibi, but I just saw in my options that T-Mobile is offering a sub for free.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

drat that’s one of those streaming services where obscure movies you want to watch are only on that one

But ofc now I can’t think of any of them

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Signed up for the TM Quibi offer, Quibi says I have to cancel my sub and resub to get the offer so I do, then it tells me I already claimed the free sub and am not eligible. loving idiots.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Why the hell were you already subscribed to Quibi?:lol:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
After reloading a couple of times did congratulated me on being signed up but I don't know if I actually am or not because when I go to my account on Quibi it says I don't have a subscription. I watched one episode of one series so far starring the guy who played Ragnar in Vikings and it wasn't too bad.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Looks like a nationwide TMO call outage started about 30 minutes ago. Very cool

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FistEnergy posted:

Looks like a nationwide TMO call outage started about 30 minutes ago. Very cool

Sounds like it's even bigger than just TMO/Metro

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFAM/status/1272604830603841536

In FL, everyone in my office (only a few of us, but 100%) is affected.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is that why Facebook messenger stopped working too? And my Anker security cameras?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sounds like it's even bigger than just TMO/Metro

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFAM/status/1272604830603841536

In FL, everyone in my office (only a few of us, but 100%) is affected.

The reporting of Verizon and others on Down detector seems to be from people who can't reach them (or Verizon who can't reach their T mobile friends) so I'm not 100% sold on this.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's weird. I can call 1800 numbers and land lines, but I can't call other t-mobile users. When I had my wife try to call my cell (we are both T-Mobile), I actually get a loving busy signal :lol:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Charles posted:

The reporting of Verizon and others on Down detector seems to be from people who can't reach them (or Verizon who can't reach their T mobile friends) so I'm not 100% sold on this.

Yeah, I'm on T-Mobile and I've been able to dial people on Verizon and Sprint using Google Voice, so I bet it's more like this T-Mobile thing is affecting their entire network.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Well that would explain why my mom messaged me about her, her husband and his mom not being able to call. Weirdly I was able to call out on Mint

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Charles posted:

That makes a lot of sense. Sounds like there’s still problems, just got a text saying they couldn’t reach me.

If they could extend this outage so I don’t get a thousand work texts at 7am, I’d be most appreciative.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
So who is JamesTheFam

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure, I saw it linked elsewhere.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/eastdakota/status/1272678168638500864?s=21

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/toniamoore/status/1272701157601767427?s=19

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I'm shocked that the combination of the two sketchiest carriers would not go smoothly.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No one even comes close to Verizon when it comes to sketchiness.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

did antifa do this

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what could the T-Mobile Tuesday big thing be next week that they are hyping. A free chuck'e'cheese pizza? Or maybe I'll be able to trade in a very specific model of an old smart phone for $350 trade in credit?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Free MLB lol (jk idk)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I got confused because MLB is BLM backwards and thought that's what you were saying for a moment.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They’ve been a little better with rewards later. The early stretch of the year was just complete worthless coupons.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Astro7x posted:

So what could the T-Mobile Tuesday big thing be next week that they are hyping. A free chuck'e'cheese pizza? Or maybe I'll be able to trade in a very specific model of an old smart phone for $350 trade in credit?

Looks like it's letting the sprint people in and bigger giveaways (plus more free stuff that may or may not appeal to you):

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/06/t-mobile-tuesdays-sprint-customers-summer-deals/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

No one even comes close to Verizon when it comes to sketchiness.

I caught Verizon on multiple occasions adding poo poo I didn't ask for to my bill. One time Asurion insurance was added to my account without me asking...for my 5 year old cell phone. They couldn't tell me who or how it was added to my bill.

One of the major reasons I left those dirt bags.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Maneki Neko posted:

Looks like it's letting the sprint people in and bigger giveaways (plus more free stuff that may or may not appeal to you):

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/06/t-mobile-tuesdays-sprint-customers-summer-deals/

Well maybe they'll try to impress the Sprint people.

I know this year has kind of sucked since many businesses were shut down. But disappointing that we went from "Free stuff, no B1G1, no coupon!" to what it is now

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Any tmobile employees around? I'm on the old super deal 2 lines for $100 + free 3rd line + 20% off for life + free tmobile one plus.

My kids are getting older and it looks like that plan caps out mysteriously at 3 lines and you can't add any more, what's the best option for me to go forward? Is it possible to keep that 20% off and switch to a new plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Also looking for a T-Mobile employee to help out with switching a physical sim to an esim! Had someone at a local store willing to give it a shot, but couldn't get it working :(