Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

The peasants had already breached the outer gates and were threatening the inner keep

This is why I would only live in a double gated community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1277677524823281665?s=19

gently caress. I hope all the protesters were wearing masks and other gear so they're not identified, because of COURSE the cops are investigating THE PROTESTERS. And you just know those gaudy rich assholes with horrendous fashion sense had a bunch of security cams.

Because of course the cops don't have anything better to do.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When people destroy target and McDonald’s and other businesses (even small ones), I just don’t give a gently caress.

I’ll give a gently caress when life is valued more than property. Until then, I don’t even care if mom and pop stores get burned down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Bored As gently caress posted:

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1277677524823281665?s=19

gently caress. I hope all the protesters were wearing masks and other gear so they're not identified, because of COURSE the cops are investigating THE PROTESTERS. And you just know those gaudy rich assholes with horrendous fashion sense had a bunch of security cams.

Because of course the cops don't have anything better to do.

This sounds like a good way to get your house burned down. And also your neighbor's houses, and the rest of the neighborhood.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Uh.

quote:

Trump in ‘fragile’ mood and may drop out of 2020 race if poll numbers don’t improve, GOP insiders tell Fox News

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/xandr/trump-fragile-mood-may-drop-152718908.html

Do it, you orange fuckstick. :allbuttons:

I can't wait to hear the spin. "Well, I dropped out because I wasn't going to win. I mean, I didn't lose, I did the right thing for the country. :shrug:"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Uh.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/xandr/trump-fragile-mood-may-drop-152718908.html

Do it, you orange fuckstick. :allbuttons:

I can't wait to hear the spin. "Well, I dropped out because I wasn't going to win. I mean, I didn't lose, I did the right thing for the country. :shrug:"

Sorry 2020 I'm not dumb enough to trick you into letting me have hope

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...=home-top-story

Ok so this story gives a LOT of background info. Apparently the protesters broke the gate because this private street is where the STL mayor lives. They were passing by the couple's house when the couple came out and brandished guns, menaced the crowd, and muzzle swept dozens of people.

Later the perotesters moved on and protested in front of the mayor's home. Here's the article below:

Couple points guns at protesters marching to St. Louis mayor’s home to demand resignation

As protesters made their way to Mayor Lyda Krewson’s home on Sunday night, demanding her resignation, they marched and shouted along private Portland Place. They were met by a couple pointing guns and telling protesters to get away.

Protesters chanted to a drumbeat of “Let’s go!” Hundreds of them filed by. The couple, Mark T. and Patricia N. McCloskey, stood outside with weapons. They are personal-injury lawyers who work together in The McCloskey Law Center and own a million dollar home.

“Private property!” Mark McCloskey shouted repeatedly at the crowd, as he held a rifle. “Get out! Private property, get out!” Patricia McCloskey pointed a small handgun.

Someone in the crowd replied, “Calm down.” A woman protester yelled, “Then call the (expletive) cops, you idiot!” and “It’s a public street (expletive).”

The Post-Dispatch photographed the exchange. A video on Twitter had been viewed more than 10 million times by Monday morning. President Trump retweeted an ABC News account of the confrontation.

The couple’s renovation of their storied Renaissance palazzo mansion on Portland Place was featured in St. Louis Magazine. City records show the property is appraised at $1.15 million. The couple could not be reached Monday morning to talk about the incident. The windows at the couple's law firm were boarded up; no one responded to a knock on the door of their home. 

To access Portland Place, the crowd entered through an iron pedestrian gate. The McCloskeys told police the protesters broke the gate to get in.

St. Louis police said the couple had called police for help once they saw the large crowd enter Portland Place. The McCloskeys had been at home and heard a loud commotion coming from the street; they went to investigate and saw “a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with ‘No Trespassing’ and ‘Private Street’ signs,” police said. 

“The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims,” police said. “When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police.”

The crowd of protesters eventually moved on and arrived at Krewson’s home on Lake Avenue a block away. 

Police are continuing the investigate the incident on Portland Place but are labeling it as a case of trespassing and fourth-degree assault by intimidation.

Meanwhile, were the couple, as they stood on their own property, within their rights to point weapons at protesters? Gun rights advocates say yes. A police spokesperson said to ask "the courts."

Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it's "very dangerous" to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said the McCloskeys are protected by Missouri's Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property.

"At any point that you enter the property, they can then, in Missouri, use deadly force to get you off the lawn," Walker said, calling the state's Castle Doctrine a "force field" that "indemnifies you, and you can even pull the trigger in Missouri."

Luckily, Walker said, no one got shot.

"There's no right to protest on those streets," Walker said. "The protesters thought they had a right to protest, but as a technical matter, they were not allowed to be there. ... It’s essentially a private estate. If anyone was violating the law, it was the protesters. In fact, if (the McCloskeys) have photos of the protesters, they could go after them for trespassing."

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner appeared to take a different view, releasing a statement Monday that said she's "alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend where peaceful protestors (sic) were met by guns and a violent assault." 

Gardner said her office is investigating.

"We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated," Gardner said. "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."

A lawyer for the couple, Albert S. Watkins, said the McCloskeys are supportive of the message of the peaceful protesters, but felt threatened by two "bad actors" who threw insults at them. The couple "acted lawfully" by seeking to protect their property and their family inside the home, he said. Their response stemmed from "fear and apprehension, the genesis of which was not race-related."

“Their entire practice tenure as counsel (has) been addressing the needs of the downtrodden, for whom the fight for civil rights is necessary,” Watkins said. “My clients, as melanin-deficient human beings, [ :stare: ] are completely respectful of the message Black Lives Matter needs to get out, especially to whites … (but) two individuals exhibited such force and violence destroying a century-plus old wrought iron gate, ripping and twisting the wrought iron that was connected to a rock foundation, and then proceeded to charge at and toward and speak threateningly to Mr. and Mrs. McCloskey.”

Protester James Cooper said he didn't see any protesters threaten the McCloskeys, but said several activists urged the crowd to keep moving past as the McCloskeys pointed guns.

"It was clear the only reason the Mccloskey home was getting any attention was because they were outside it threatening to kill us," Cooper said. "Several people were asking them to put their guns away or to stop pointing them at us ... I thought I was going to die. I was afraid (Patricia McCloskey) would open fire or accidentally discharge into the crowd. I was afraid someone among us would legitimately fear for their life and react defensively, which could've sparked a blood bath. I absolutely thought Patricia McCloskey was going to murder me and I haven't slept since she aimed her gun at my face."

The protest culminated at the mayor’s home on Lake Avenue. It wasn’t immediately clear if the mayor was home at the time. Her spokesman has not replied to a reporter asking if Krewson had been there.

At least 500 people demonstrated in the Central West End, chanting “Resign Lyda, take the cops with you.”  They are upset that the mayor released names and addresses of residents who suggested defunding the police department.

For weeks, demonstrators have marched against police violence and held rallies to close the St. Louis Medium Security Institution known as the workhouse.

While giving a briefing Friday on Facebook Live, Krewson read the names and addresses of several protesters who had given her letters suggesting changes to the city budget.

“As a leader, you don’t do stuff like that ... it’s only right that we visit her at her home,” said State Rep. Rasheen Aldridge, D-St. Louis, speaking into a megaphone at the protest Sunday.

During the video briefing Friday, Krewson held up a stack of crumpled papers and then read from them.

“Here’s one that wants $50 million to go to Cure Violence, $75 million to go to Affordable Housing, $60 million to go to Health and Human Services and have zero go to the police,” the mayor said. She then read the name of the person and their address.

Krewson listed several other names and addresses, and stated that each individual called for defunding the police entirely. As the mayor spoke, viewers commented and asked her to stop sharing demonstrators’ personal information.

The video was removed later that night. Krewson apologized in a statement late Friday, saying she “did not intend to cause distress or harm to anyone.”

Emails or letters to elected officials, including names and addresses, are generally considered public records but are typically released only after a formal request.

The Rev. Darryl Gray, who was at the protest Sunday, acknowledged that what Krewson did was legal, but called her actions immoral and unethical.

“Does she understand why people are angry?” Gray said into a megaphone. “If you had understood the people you were elected to serve, you wouldn’t have made that comment.”

An online petition calling for Krewson’s resignation had about 41,500 signatures by 9 p.m. Sunday.

One of the protesters outside Krewson’s home, Rodney Brown, said he felt “extremely fearful because we should be able to write to our public officials, and the fact that she doesn’t feel she has to be accountable or protect us ... it’s a very violent gesture.”

Congressional candidate Cori Bush told protesters through a megaphone on Sunday, “When you are an activist and you speak up against police brutality, there are days you are stalked, followed, harassed ... the mayor just said it’s OK.”

Earlier in the day, police set up metal barricades around the mayor’s home. Protesters later pushed through the barricades to gather on the mayor’s front porch and yard. The word “RESIGN” was painted in large letters on her street.

On June 17, at Krewson’s request, a city panel voted to cut $860,000 in spending on the workhouse to hire mental health and social workers to aid police. The move was in addition to plans to cut the $16 million jail budget nearly in half as inmate counts decline.

The mayor and her public safety team insist the jail is needed. The city has spent more than $5 million since 2017 on upgrades to the jail, which has a capacity of 436 and held 92 inmates on Friday.

In other developments, 16 people who were arrested during protests Saturday outside of the Florissant Police Department were released by 6 p.m. Sunday, according to St. Louis Jail and Legal Support.

Charges included disturbing the peace, unlawful assembly and failure to disperse. During the standoff on north Lindbergh Boulevard, protesters threw frozen water bottles, glass bottles, batteries and rocks, while officers used pepper spray and fired one bean bag round after a person assaulted an officer, according to a police statement.

Demonstrators have been gathering outside the department since a video became public June 2 showing a Florissant detective driving an unmarked SUV into a Black suspect. That detective, Joshua L. Smith, 31, has been charged with first-degree assault, fourth-degree assault and armed criminal action.

Protesters want to see the two officers who were with Smith in the SUV fired and charged. Police have said the officers will not be fired and a special prosecutor investigating the incident declined to press charges.

Joel Currier of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

A Bad Poster posted:

This sounds like a good way to get your house burned down. And also your neighbor's houses, and the rest of the neighborhood.

If only.

Think about it this way: if this couple came out with bottles of water, or some snacks, or a sign that said black lives matter, the crowd would've loved them and moved on. But they're horrible, racist peole, so they see a group of mostly black people, and they grab their guns and come out. gently caress, even if the couple just grabbed their guns and stayed inside, none of this would've happened, either.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 30, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Is that really how the law around gated communities works? Once you're inside the gates, any schmuck who lives there can treat the entire neighborhood as their backyard and order you to leave under threat of force? That doesn't sound right.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bored As gently caress posted:

If only.

Think about it this way: if this couple came out with bottles of water, or some snacks, or a sign that said black lives matter, the crowd would've loved them and moved on. But they're horrible, racist peole, so they see a group of mostly black people, and they grab their guns and come out. gently caress, even if the couple just grabbed their guns and stayed inside, none of this would've happened, either.

Empty quote

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Nothing. Literally doing nothing would have been a better move. No property was "saved" by their threats of violence.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is that really how the law around gated communities works? Once you're inside the gates, any schmuck who lives there can treat the entire neighborhood as their backyard and order you to leave under threat of force? That doesn't sound right.

Castle doctrine exists for rich white people to shoot non rich and/or white people with no consequence. Of course this sounds right.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Different state, but George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in a gated apartment complex.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

sharknado slashfic posted:

Sorry 2020 I'm not dumb enough to trick you into letting me have hope

I should know better but big orange babby ragequitting the election and kneecapping the GOP who stuck with him with almost blind loyalty would make up for all the other bullshit this year.

I don't care that in his own Twisted world he would be doing it to rationalize avoiding losing the election, I just want him to gently caress off.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Different state, but George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in a gated apartment complex.

George Zimmerman is a miserable piece of poo poo, but his defense had little to nothing to do with the setting, when it comes down to it. His real defense was “I was getting my rear end kicked after creepily chasing a kid.”

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

George Zimmerman should have resulted in laws about using lethal force after your dumbass unnecessarily puts yourself in a position where lethal force was “necessary.”

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I should know better but big orange babby ragequitting the election and kneecapping the GOP who stuck with him with almost blind loyalty would make up for all the other bullshit this year.

Even if the above was true, now that its been reported he'll dig his heels in even if he polls at literally just him and ivanka for and everyone against. Thanks news media.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Castle doctrine is just a law that says that your property is worth more than anyone else's life.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That is the entire point

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't care that in his own Twisted world he would be doing it to rationalize avoiding losing the election, I just want him to gently caress off.

It would be hilarious to see this and then Sanders run as an independent or something. Even if Sanders lost helping out progressive downballots would own.

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1277735392494706688/photo/1

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

He seems concerned.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The Trump dropping out is bullshit misinformation by his staff to give him an artificial boost.

On OAF- no clue how good they are; I have silkies from them, but those are Silkies. They are like easy mode

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Stultus Maximus posted:

Castle doctrine exists for rich white people to shoot non rich and/or white people with no consequence. Of course this sounds right.

I don't think this is what castle doctrine is for, or at least what it was supposed to be for. The original intent of the castle doctrine was to remove a person's "duty to retreat" from someone intending them harm while inside their home. It's more a legal protection that was intended to shift the legal "heat" away from the threatened homeowner so that someone shooting an armed intruder inside their home doesn't get defaulted to being bent over by the legal system for protecting themselves. They are still supposed to be held to the standard of meeting requirements for the use of deadly force, shooting someone unarmed and not acting as a threat does not meet that standard and castle doctrine was never supposed to protect someone who does that.

The problem is when these laws are changed beyond their original intent. Missouri's castle doctrine law includes all private property in its definition, and thus removes the "duty to retreat" from an individual on any of their private property. This means those two were legally completely fine to be standing in their front yard armed against the protesters, and were legally fine by the definition of the law to continue standing there as they felt threatened. Any reasonable, prudent person would have gone into their home and stayed in their home if they felt threatened (or you know, not feel threatened by protesters at all), and as far as I know the castle doctrine of most states would not have protected them in this situation because they were standing outside of their home. The difference between them being felons for aggressively brandishing and especially for pointing their weapons at black people is that the law says they're fine to do so because they were standing in their yard. That is not the original intent of the castle doctrine - it is a bastardization of law.

Oh but they should still be felons because surprise the doctrine even in Missouri still necessitates all requirements be met for the lawful use of deadly force. Pointing is assault with a deadly weapon and should only be done in a case where there exist reasonable grounds to believe your life or another person's life is in danger. The "I'm scared of black people in my gated community" defense is only flying for obvious poo poo reasons. ACAB.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

bulletsponge13 posted:

The Trump dropping out is bullshit misinformation by his staff to give him an artificial boost.
If anything, it's folks in the GOP raising trial balloons about both the popularity of Trump stepping aside and trying to guage what his reaction would be.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Stultus Maximus posted:

He seems concerned.

And this dumb poo poo lip service is as far as any of these pieces of poo poo will ever go.

Every statement and tweet just makes me more angry because that’s all it ever loving is. EVER. AOC’s Twitter game is strong but I don’t give a gently caress about Twitter burns. gently caress off with those and do some actual loving work.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
HELL YEAH IMMA SMASH SOME RETWEETS AND HIT SOME BALLS WOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/GaryGrumbach/status/1277758017233092610

... wait what did I do

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Woofer posted:

And this dumb poo poo lip service is as far as any of these pieces of poo poo will ever go.

Every statement and tweet just makes me more angry because that’s all it ever loving is. EVER. AOC’s Twitter game is strong but I don’t give a gently caress about Twitter burns. gently caress off with those and do some actual loving work.

Yup.

Sternly worded emails as browns are shoveled into gas chambers I suppose.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

facialimpediment posted:

HELL YEAH IMMA SMASH SOME RETWEETS AND HIT SOME BALLS WOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/GaryGrumbach/status/1277758017233092610

... wait what did I do
I'm picturing the Chief of Staff dejectedly announcing to staff in the White House that Trump retweeted "white power" guy and that they can't reach him to delete it, and an aide in the back jumping up and yelling "BINGO!"

There's no way they haven't gamified what awful poo poo the giant douchenozzle is going to come up with next.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

For maximum comedy he’d drop out after ballots have been printed and can’t be changed.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I like the concept that the nukes could be headed this way and no one can reach the president of the united loving states in the year two thousand twenty

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

I like the concept that the nukes could be headed this way and no one can reach the president of the united loving states in the year two thousand twenty

Unironically yeah, I like that concept.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I talked myself down from that. I mean, that seems a bridge too far for even this reality. I want to believe we could still contact him in that case.

Though him not being available might be the best possible outcome.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Somehow, there is still a tweet for everything
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/395872174722273280

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Can't make it up.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1277789970237992961

https://twitter.com/AshleySchapitl/status/1277790582644097032

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

So you just proved he couldn't have been briefed! Checkmate, Lib!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

So you just proved he couldn't have been briefed! Checkmate, Lib!

The IC is leaking like crazy.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1277795505108660224

A lot of the TRUMP CAN COME BACK GUYS takes kind of discount that with all of the bullshit Trump has hosed up and pulled, randos can leak poo poo for every day until the election and still have plenty to go.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The IC is leaking like crazy.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1277795505108660224

A lot of the TRUMP CAN COME BACK GUYS takes kind of discount that with all of the bullshit Trump has hosed up and pulled, randos can leak poo poo for every day until the election and still have plenty to go.

I role-playing a cultist. gently caress it, I love it. Keep leaking little poo poo- he can't stop the leaks, and it will drive him crazy. I love it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Wait till you hear about his phone calls to foreign leaders. Hes getting poo poo on and I hope it's not too early and at least some of it actually sticks.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

lightpole posted:

Wait till you hear about his phone calls to foreign leaders. Hes getting poo poo on and I hope it's not too early and at least some of it actually sticks.

Yeah, there’s some real :eyepop: moments here. This is just the first paragraph of a long article written by Carl Bernstein, who helped break the Watergate story.

quote:

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

But wait there’s more!

quote:

Meanwhile, the President regularly bullied and demeaned the leaders of America's principal allies, especially two women: telling Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom she was weak and lacked courage; and telling German Chancellor Angela Merkel that she was "stupid."

quote:

One person familiar with almost all the conversations with the leaders of Russia, Turkey, Canada, Australia and western Europe described the calls cumulatively as 'abominations' so grievous to US national security interests that if members of Congress heard from witnesses to the actual conversations or read the texts and contemporaneous notes, even many senior Republican members would no longer be able to retain confidence in the President.

quote:

Next to Erdogan, no foreign leader initiated more calls with Trump than Macron, the sources said, with the French President often trying to convince Trump to change course on environmental and security policy matters -- including climate change and US withdrawal from the Iranian multilateral nuclear accord.

Macron usually got "nowhere" on substantive matters, while Trump became irritated at the French President's stream of requests and subjected him to self-serving harangues and lectures that were described by one source as personalized verbal "whippings," especially about France and other countries not meeting NATO spending targets, their liberal immigration policies or their trade imbalances with the US.

quote:

In his phone exchanges with Putin, the sources reported, the President talked mostly about himself, frequently in over-the-top, self-aggrandizing terms: touting his "unprecedented" success in building the US economy; asserting in derisive language how much smarter and "stronger" he is than "the imbeciles" and "weaklings" who came before him in the presidency (especially Obama); reveling in his experience running the Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow, and obsequiously courting Putin's admiration and approval. Putin "just outplays" him, said a high-level administration official -- comparing the Russian leader to a chess grandmaster and Trump to an occasional player of checkers. While Putin "destabilizes the West," said this source, the President of the United States "sits there and thinks he can build himself up enough as a businessman and tough guy that Putin will respect him." (At times, the Putin-Trump conversations sounded like "two guys in a steam bath," a source added.)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html

The entire article is nuts but I have to admit that Trump’s ability to fit Putin and Erdogan’s dicks in his mouth while having enough room left over to bleat about how great he is while destroying US foreign policy singlehandedly is pretty impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

A video of a racist old man in a golf cart posted by another racist old man in a golf cart. *inception groannn*