Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I was just in station square since we were out cycling and a car full of boomer ladies stopped to ask me how to use the gate card thing at the lot because they went to “the restaurant” and the card validation wasn’t working. Who the gently caress is dumb enough to eat out right now, today?

I told her it wasn’t my gate, I didn’t know, and she got all mad lol

I drove by both the ikea, and the mall when I was out grocery shopping today. Both parking lots were absolutely packed. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Scud Hansen posted:

It's petty and cruel to wish harm to others so I'll uh just leave this post blank

is it petty and cruel to wish that others who want to harm you fail and do it to themselves instead?

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

Blinkz0rz posted:

is it petty and cruel to wish that others who want to harm you fail and do it to themselves instead?

Fair point.
I bet there's a TNG episode about this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol yeah it was specifically 'attack and dethrone god' that i was seeing. thanks

also hooray cases are surging in pittsburgh again. making a run to costco to stock back up before poo poo closes down again

we did this today because ohio is up uP UP again too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

liquor wasnt on sale yet so thats the next trip. gonna stock our rye and add gin, tequila, rum, and i dunno maybe a premade mixed old fashioned from watershed distillery since we want to get ohio stuff to support places

so far weve started to try all the classic cocktail mixes and have a nice home bar going. its not like we want to go back to a real one and the money not spent is enough that we can buy good stuff and still be saving money even with our modest drinking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

liquor wasnt on sale yet so thats the next trip. gonna stock our rye and add gin, tequila, rum, and i dunno maybe a premade mixed old fashioned from watershed distillery since we want to get ohio stuff to support places

so far weve started to try all the classic cocktail mixes and have a nice home bar going. its not like we want to go back to a real one and the money not spent is enough that we can buy good stuff and still be saving money even with our modest drinking

four months later: <six empty half gallons of Crystal Palace vodka piled up on the kitchen counter>

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

expanding the wine shelf with new flavors of md 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/govmurphy/status/1277344426734608386?s=21

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/brynntannehill/status/1277211131430535168?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1277672769610645504?s=21

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1277376328413655040?s=20

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

four months later: <six empty half gallons of Crystal Palace vodka piled up on the kitchen counter>

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1248655837675094017

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/crisis-control/202006/new-study-sees-unprecedented-trauma-the-pandemic

quote:

How widespread is trauma from Covid?

When we ran the pilot data in April, we found that nearly 90 percent of respondents had one or more traumatic stress symptoms. We’re seeing that 27 percent of respondents are meeting the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder diagnosis. To put this in perspective: The national estimate is normally 5.3 percent. It’s 7.6 percent for servicemen who were deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
not shocking, lotta slow painful but unexpected and untimely deaths happening

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

anybody else getting the "See the latest COVID-19 information on Twitter" lightning bolt on the bottom of those embeds?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

graph posted:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/crisis-control/202006/new-study-sees-unprecedented-trauma-the-pandemic

How widespread is trauma from Covid?

When we ran the pilot data in April, we found that nearly 90 percent of respondents had one or more traumatic stress symptoms.

Cat Face Joe posted:

if i was asked a number id say probably 90% of people are hosed up by this. maybe not directly the covi but their stonks or something. if i had to put $1000 on a number id say 75%

*points thumbs at self despondently*

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Uptime Sinclair posted:

not shocking, lotta slow painful but unexpected and untimely deaths happening

yes, even without a personal connection to deaths there's a thousand traumas people are facing. its a loving horror show

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

also lmao at 7.6% of are troops having ptsd its probably drat near 100%

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cat Face Joe posted:

also lmao at 7.6% of are troops having ptsd its probably drat near 100%

my cousin retired from the marines about 5 years ago and all he posts about are memes about how marines are cooler than the other military divisions. it's pretty weird

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is a bar on the jersey shore this past saturday night

so much for nyc, i guess

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Roosevelt posted:

my cousin retired from the marines about 5 years ago and all he posts about are memes about how marines are cooler than the other military divisions. it's pretty weird

ysbpos

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

so much for nyc, i guess

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Roosevelt posted:

i've never met anyone that came out of the marines that wasn't like this. their brains become thoroughly broken.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

President Beep posted:

i've never met anyone that came out of the marines that wasn't like this. their brains become thoroughly broken.

the sunk cost fallacy for the navys army

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

you should tell him that he's a civilian and not a soldier anymore

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol. yes, this.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

so much for nyc, i guess

https://twitter.com/ClevelandScene/status/1277676663489335301

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i had some fuckhead who'd been in the reserves get mad at me once because i called him "an ex-marine"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
if anyone would like to participate in that trauma study i can dig up the link

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

i had some fuckhead who'd been in the reserves get mad at me once because i called him "an ex-marine"

there's an old recruitment ad from like 1950 that refers to them as the "soldiers of the sea" which they always appreciate

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i was introducing a coworker to another at a party, and mentioned he was in software with me but was an ex marine and not a huge nerd, as an ice breaker compliment sorta thing. he immediately pulls me aside and says, "there's no such thing as an ex marine, only a former marine." and was legit angry with me lol.

e:f;b

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a student who was a marine and he visibly cringes when someone brings it up and he has told me on a couple of occasions "that part of my life is over"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i was introducing a coworker to another at a party, and mentioned he was in software with me but was an ex marine and not a huge nerd, as an ice breaker compliment sorta thing. he immediately pulls me aside and says, "there's no such thing as an ex marine, only a former marine." and was legit angry with me lol.

e:f;b

"oh that's weird, did they let him keep the guns too?"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what’s your sword’s name?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

so did you fight the lava monster or was that only for officers

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

President Beep posted:

what’s your sword’s name?

marine culture is funny, but don’t sleep on usaf anime swords

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PCjr sidecar posted:

lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

PCjr sidecar posted: