Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Download has started on EGS for the keen among you. I think this might be the first major bit of content I play first as Amara instead of Zane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Download has started on EGS for the keen among you. I think this might be the first major bit of content I play first as Amara instead of Zane.

Note that Ties that Bind will be severely gimped until they fix the how action skill damage is applied to it (they said this themselves). For the time being they just took that multiplier out of its damage equation because of the be new scaling rules (much of the power of TTB came from the fact that it benefited from action skill damage buffs)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

UI's messed up again..

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

BizarroAzrael posted:

UI's messed up again..
Haha again? :sad:

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Seems like the 300/90 anointment doesn't work on bosses. Or it treats each health/shield/armor bar separately. Not sure which yet but my OPQ is behaving much differently against captain traunt

e: to clarify, it was melting his shield no problem pre-patch in about 30 seconds on M10. Not anymore as of today. I can't imagine that Traunt's hp pool went up that much with the extra 3 levels.

DecentHairJelly fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 26, 2020

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

BizarroAzrael posted:

UI's messed up again..

Aaaaand I have the same bug that I (and others) had with the Handsome Jackpot, where you have to navigate to a place that doesn't show up in the navigation menu.

Restart of the game and the Epic client did not fix it like it did with HJ.

Full re-verification of the files also does not work.

lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DecentHairJelly posted:

Seems like the 300/90 anointment doesn't work on bosses. Or it treats each health/shield/armor bar separately. Not sure which yet but my OPQ is behaving much differently against captain traunt

e: to clarify, it was melting his shield no problem pre-patch in about 30 seconds on M10. Not anymore as of today. I can't imagine that Traunt's hp pool went up that much with the extra 3 levels.

They changed how the anoint works a while ago. It now counts all HP bars (health, shield, armor) instead of just the final bar, when determining the 90%. So whereas before you got the bonus 300% damage for all the shield, now you only get it for a small amount of the shield. Yes, it’s a major nerf.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

Well gently caress that anointment then!

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Yeah wasn't that the only reason to use that anointment? What good is it now?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Game is working now. Don't know why.

It's just running in the background right now with NPC's yammering endlessly.

Hopefully I'll get to shoot something soon. Gearbox still doubling down on this poo poo.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

Listerine posted:

Yeah wasn't that the only reason to use that anointment? What good is it now?

Its garbage now. Plus 200% damage during action skill is the new hotness, especially for Zane builds. Though I guess it always was.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DecentHairJelly posted:

Its garbage now. Plus 200% damage during action skill is the new hotness, especially for Zane builds. Though I guess it always was.

Haven't played in a while, but pretty sure the math says 100% sntnl cryo is much better in most circumstances

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Haven't played in a while, but pretty sure the math says 100% sntnl cryo is much better in most circumstances

Given gearbox's bugged out gorilla math I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I haven't played in a little while, and I understand the new DLC will have a new bunch of loot, but what guns were the top tier over the past few weeks, post-Yellowcake nerf?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

I haven't played in a little while, and I understand the new DLC will have a new bunch of loot, but what guns were the top tier over the past few weeks, post-Yellowcake nerf?

The Ion Cannon from the first DLC is back to being the #1 rocket launcher, the OPQ System hasn't been nerfed (yet), and at least for me the recently-buffed Handsome Jackhammer is working out nicely on DLC3. I don't think there was quite enough time for a new meta to settle in.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So my initial verdict on DLC3 is that it's very good but also very short, I think I finished the main story in 4 hours, I don't think I got anywhere near the end of the other two in one night. But I did enjoy it a lot and want to play with the new guns some more. The Proprietary Licence SMG seems to have all of the other manufacturer perks on it (ricochets, stickies, 5 shot burst) and seems very good likewise the Flipper that fires more pellets per shot as it spins up.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Allegedly Iron Bear is really good now?

Might be time to level up that last class.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a save game editor? I basically 100%'ed the regular game and don't care to go through that again on a new character but would like to try the other classes. I just want to get all the other classes to max level and have all the zones unlocked. Don't need to edit gear or anything.

Also tried TVHM for the first time and got obliterated. I could do Mayhem 10 fine in the regular game mode. Does TVHM increase difficulty even more? Damage output seemed ok but everything would kill me instantly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Is there a save game editor? I basically 100%'ed the regular game and don't care to go through that again on a new character but would like to try the other classes.

Also tried TVHM for the first time and got obliterated. I could do Mayhem 10 fine in the regular game mode. Does TVHM increase difficulty even more? Damage output seemed ok but everything would kill me instantly.

Tvhm is apparently identical to the regular mode if mayhem mode is enabled (or rather, any level of mayhem turns nvhm into tvhm).

You sure the difficulty didn't come from different mayhem modifiers?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Tvhm is apparently identical to the regular mode if mayhem mode is enabled (or rather, any level of mayhem turns nvhm into tvhm).

You sure the difficulty didn't come from different mayhem modifiers?

Very well could be, also this is my first time playing since the Cartel thing ended.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Mr Scumbag posted:

My wife plays Moze. She's been using a railgun build all along, but apparently splash damage Iron Bear builds are the thing now?

Are there any good builds out yet?

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have Moze as my main and haven't played since finishing the 2nd DLC.

I just started the new DLC and Iron Bear with exploding bullets and a lot of splash damage mods seems to be very, very powerful now. I don't know for sure but it also seems like Iron Bear moves faster and lasts a lot longer.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Don't know how much is the the M10 rescale on Action Skills and how much is technique but I've switched Zane to a SNTNL/Clone build from SNTNL/Barrier for the first time in ages and it seems terrific. Thought I'd try it rather than farm a new Redistributor. The Proprietary License is doing real numbers. I thought the Stonethrower might be good but I got a Gatling one with a mag of 10, the kickback makes it useless.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Can confirm Iron Bear is actually good now. I have rail gun and grenades and it melts badasses on M10.

Also, it's good to know my M7 300/90 Yellowcake is still very usable in M10.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Get a raging bear artifact from that first anointed you encounter in the game at Jakob's Manor and make iron bear last forever. It's hilariously strong now, like probably the strongest Moze has ever been. I did some testing in slaughter shaft on m10 and could get it to last through multiple waves if I didn't get too reckless.

Edit:

Floppychop posted:

iirc Billy the Annointed is the only source of the Raging Bear mod

Yeah that guy

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 29, 2020

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

iirc Billy the Annointed is the only source of the Raging Bear mod

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I was getting flashbacks to Handsome Jack and the Warrior when I was fighting Rose and The Ruiner straight after, it wasn't a hard fight but it was a very cool spectacle.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Have they made a global change to dedicated drop rates? Besides the new loot showing pretty reliably, I farmed Backburners and was surprised how often it dropped. Given it was added as a Mayhem 6+ drop at the same time as the Kaoson I had assumed it would drop as infrequently.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just logged on to claim some golden keys out of habit (even though I haven't gotten anything good from it in ages) and noticed that my already-ludicrously overpowered NoPewPew got....buffed???? Like it was a level 35 weapon with 233x3 base damage, and everything else stayed the same while the damage was buffed to 335x3. This thing was already going to carry me through probably the rest of the campaign and now it's even more powerful.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Do I have to get a certain distance in the DLC for the new vehicle to be available in the catch-a-ride system? I'm up the Blood-whatever Canyon, where I'm inside the Company's facility, and I still can't summon a new vehicle, the menu is completely empty. It sucks having to run across the Blastplains.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Listerine posted:

Do I have to get a certain distance in the DLC for the new vehicle to be available in the catch-a-ride system? I'm up the Blood-whatever Canyon, where I'm inside the Company's facility, and I still can't summon a new vehicle, the menu is completely empty. It sucks having to run across the Blastplains.

Didn't you have to get one out of a shed when you first visited the Beastplains? Sounds like something gone wrong.

Poque posted:

I just logged on to claim some golden keys out of habit (even though I haven't gotten anything good from it in ages) and noticed that my already-ludicrously overpowered NoPewPew got....buffed???? Like it was a level 35 weapon with 233x3 base damage, and everything else stayed the same while the damage was buffed to 335x3. This thing was already going to carry me through probably the rest of the campaign and now it's even more powerful.

Yeah they did some blanket buffs to certain manufacturers of certain categories.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Listerine posted:

My wife's game was doing this last night on PS4, she had to restart her game twice before they would show up.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

BizarroAzrael posted:

Didn't you have to get one out of a shed when you first visited the Beastplains? Sounds like something gone wrong.

Yeah I got it out of the shed, but after leaving the area and returning, the Catch a Ride menu is just empty.

hamsystem posted:

My wife's game was doing this last night on PS4, she had to restart her game twice before they would show up.

You mean a hard restart, not just going to main menu and back in game right? I'll try this tonight.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Can confirm Iron Bear is actually good now. I have rail gun and grenades and it melts badasses on M10.

Also, it's good to know my M7 300/90 Yellowcake is still very usable in M10.

Iron bear just seems to melt everything now. The nuke just disappears groups of enemies in a single blast.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Listerine posted:

You mean a hard restart, not just going to main menu and back in game right? I'll try this tonight.

Yeah, fully shut it all the way down. I'm not very far into it but the dlc just seems kinda buggy in general.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What artifact/class mod combos work well for Iron Bear now? Back when I last played Moze I was using Bloodletter/Deathless.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Listerine posted:

What artifact/class mod combos work well for Iron Bear now? Back when I last played Moze I was using Bloodletter/Deathless.

Raging bear and Otto idol or victory rush are what I've been using. I'm hoping to get an atom balm of either/or.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Getting back into this. I haven’t played since DLC one. Who’s better right now Zane or Fl4k

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Zane. With the right annoint (+100% damage as cryo during action skills, which have basically 100% uptime) and his shield ability, he does huge damage and is also virtually unkillable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah they did some blanket buffs to certain manufacturers of certain categories.

Anything interesting for the CoV, Dahl or Maliwan?