Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, yeah. My partner found her childhood collection a few years ago and had some first edition cards so I spent a while researching what cards are worth something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
found the greatest wrestling match ever

https://twitter.com/DrJoeHanson/status/1277054601087406082

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/danhausenad/status/1277667936858185728?s=21

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/konnan5150/status/1277746237681238017?s=21

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1277752599731671041

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Make up your loving mind Jericho jesus christ

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
He just plays all sides to get maximum heat

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1277751692168056832

Boom.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

explosivo posted:

Make up your loving mind Jericho jesus christ

Now that he knows someone who’s been personally impacted, he’s come around.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Now that he knows someone who’s been personally impacted, he’s come around.

Yeah that seems to be how this is going to go for most assholes who are too self righteous to put a mask on their face or take this remotely seriously.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Kenny as an in-ring performer is awesome but his promos are rarely good and his twitter is bad

If you @ me about this we can still be friends

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1277690893735206913

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

*bong water bubbling*

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I appreciate the effort Matt has put in to finding some way to tie in his red hair to his outfits regardless of gimmick.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait a second

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Alaois posted:

wait a second

NANI?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hangman Adam Page, sitting alone at a bar looking forlorn: Dame da ne, dame yo dame na no yo...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

is it wrong to think that Big Money Matt is easily his best gimmick, with maybe the exception of Matt Hardy V.1?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I have never seen Big Money Matt before. Before all this I didn't know Matt Hardy had enough gimmicks to do the whole multifarious thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only thing I actually remember about that gimmick is the Love Actually video. And tasering Reby. And that his ROH stable was called SCUM.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Troy Queef posted:

is it wrong to think that Big Money Matt is easily his best gimmick, with maybe the exception of Matt Hardy V.1?

Nah early Broken batshit insanity was revolutionary (that whole cinematic wrestling kick can squarely be put on his shoulders)

On a larger screen it's just not connecting, it's weird that way

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

stab posted:

Nah early Broken batshit insanity was revolutionary (that whole cinematic wrestling kick can squarely be put on his shoulders)
I think Lucha Underground really started it. But Matt certainly popularized it and made it viral/mainstream.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

MassRafTer posted:

Kenny rules, it's cool that he makes people mad with posts.

I'm of this thought process too.

Jesus, yall. This has been a rough year so far. There are tons of pieces of poo poo in the industry you can hurl your poo poo at. Leave my boy alone. Please? :smith:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I think Lucha Underground really started it. But Matt certainly popularized it and made it viral/mainstream.

They both had their part to play, Lucha Underground didn't really do cinematic stuff in their matches, though the out-of-the-ring universe was top notch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Lucha Underground kind of established the idea of wrestling being able to break the rules and tell cinematic stuff unapologetically and with actual quality as opposed to WWE's comedy or supernatural stuff.

Matt just took it to the next level in every regard including being able to make a match whatever you wanted.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Lucha Underground kind of established the idea of wrestling being able to break the rules and tell cinematic stuff unapologetically and with actual quality as opposed to WWE's comedy or supernatural stuff.

Matt just took it to the next level in every regard including being able to make a match whatever you wanted.

And how much exposure did he give to the Express that Rocks and Rolls.

Still one of the most surreal moments on TV, and in person (i was at the JJSB canadian destroyer spot, one of the most nuclear heat spots I ever saw in person)

Fun useless fact, I worked a show 2 weeks or so later than LAX was on, and we had a great time talking about that spot backstage over a beer!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hope in the AEW video game there's a special version of Matt Hardy that can transform into any version at any time, like Zelda/Shiek in the older Smash Bros. games

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I was at the Shawn Michaels retirement match and my best wrestling moment is still the Elias and Owens segment where they brought up the Sonics in Seattle

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Troy Queef posted:

Whichever Matt can slap a tomato is the best Matt.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Alaois posted:

wait a second

:thatsrad:

Alaois posted:

Hangman Adam Page, sitting alone at a bar looking forlorn: Dame da ne, dame yo dame na no yo...

Metroid Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 30, 2020

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

YOSH!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Waiting for that bottom right one to tell me about a killer deal used car at his lot.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Big Money Matt was one of his first gimmicks after leaving WWE, around the time people thought he was going crazy with the weird grape poo poo right?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Baka mitai... :cry:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

Big Money Matt was one of his first gimmicks after leaving WWE, around the time people thought he was going crazy with the weird grape poo poo right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZOH4Z8ta0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my loving God :xd:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Gold dust and Piper started it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Gold dust and Piper started it

:wrong:

The Dungeon of Doom started it

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal

Adbot