Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This is Zim Olson,

This is his website:

https://www.zimmathematics.com/

I think he's got something to do with mathematics? and the Bible? There's something in there about free beer?

Anyway's he's posting his site all over University LinkedIN pages without any context.

It all feels really timecubey. I'm not a math goon so maybe hes actually a real genius but my heart's telling me no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Reads like the Bronners soap guy. At least that guy made good soap.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

He’s also just arguing that black people are different than white people therefore equality is not possible and against the laws of the universe. Black /= White, checkmate science

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Your ignorance of Harmonic Cube is demonic. You are educated stupid. It Is The Absolute Verifiable Truth & Proven Fact

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Flowers for QAnon posted:

He’s also just arguing that black people are different than white people therefore equality is not possible and against the laws of the universe. Black /= White, checkmate science

black people are not literally physically the same entities as white people. the man's a math genius

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

frrancis dec MY MAN

frankenstein brain banks on the far side of the moon gently caress me up

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This is literally just timecube:

I hope he's still able to achieve his 2019-2021 goals though.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

Cubesquares are passé, you need to be thinking better. Of a whole new shape. Enter, the DOR: https://web.archive.org/web/20110810213003/http://www.thedor.net:80/

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The giant padlock on that purple jellybean only makes me want to steal it more.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Vice President posted:

Cubesquares are passé, you need to be thinking better. Of a whole new shape. Enter, the DOR: https://web.archive.org/web/20110810213003/http://www.thedor.net:80/

okay but this is actually cool

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The_Continental posted:

The giant padlock on that purple jellybean only makes me want to steal it more.

It’s this kind of attitude that keeps science behind.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
whats a DOR

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Doctor Dogballs posted:

okay but this is actually cool

Perhaps if it had a mouth-hole

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

The door is a jar.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Internetjack posted:

The door is a jar.

It had bees in it.... doesn't it :tinfoil:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

came for the time cube, stayed for the DOR. I'm happy to announce to all of you I'm a DOR man now. when a boy grows up he puts down his time cube and unlocks the lock on his see through DOR house and takes out his DOR, and he holds that instead of the timecube when.hes grown up

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

DOR

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my whole life I been trying to jam a timecube shaped peg into a DOR shaped hole. . . im. f. r. e. e.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

Where we're going we won't need DORs to see

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

that DOR website is a pro click

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
cant believe some lady went and hosed timecube

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

DOR, whatever it is all about (it's beyond me), might be legit. Math can be strange. Here's a webpage about DOR at a website apparently not owned and controlled by the DOR guy:
https://www.goldennumber.net/the-dor

Webpages about DOR do seem to be rather thin in the ground. And what happened to the original DOR website? Maybe the guy who made it got... disappeared... :tinfoil:

By the guv'mint? Or did he stare too long into his crystal DOR and end up... somewhere else?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

DOR, whatever it is all about (it's beyond me), might be legit. Math can be strange. Here's a webpage about DOR at a website apparently not owned and controlled by the DOR guy:
https://www.goldennumber.net/the-dor

Webpages about DOR do seem to be rather thin in the ground. And what happened to the original DOR website? Maybe the guy who made it got... disappeared... :tinfoil:

By the guv'mint? Or did he stare too long into his crystal DOR and end up... somewhere else?

Forbidden maths

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Continental posted:

The one turns backwards, it’s different than one now somehow. :downs:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I wonder what happens if you leave your DOR out of its CRYSTAL PRISON over night. this poo poo's hosed up I want to unlearn about DOR this is too big an truth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pssshhhh who you gonna listen to though, some guy named fibbin notchy? :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Continental posted:

It’s cool how this rear end in a top hat took what is obviously a fairly simple 3D plotter scheme meant to be read by a computer into a high level super abstract math/philosophy problem that skirts all accountability for physics or architectural stability. Like you could teach bias to high school kids dude gently caress off with the unsolvable problem poo poo.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

DOR is cool and pretty, I want one and am DORkosexual now

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Oh wait in the about me section Zim just straight up admits he's been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Assume every, any, some, and non are pure functions, and calling them without values is the same as calling them with an empty set. With these assumptions, only any contributes to the equation, leaving:

any(a) = any(b)

Now, the definition of any is not given. It’s naming suggests that it may return any element in the given set and is thus non-deterministic; assume this definition. As such, we cannot guarantee that the equation is true unless a and b are sets of one or more of the same value (ex: a=[1], b=[1,1]). Likewise, the equation may coincidentally be true due to any’s non-deterministic behavior (ex: given a=[1,2], b=[2,3], possible equations may be 1=2, 1=3, 2=2, 2=3).

As such, to solve the given equation for equality, with the assumption that a ≠ b, let a=[1] and b=[1,1]. Do I win Gene Ray’s reward?

(Note that it has been 14 years since I’ve written anything approaching a proof, so any and or all of the above might be BS, but no more BS than whatever this loon is peddling)

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Vice President posted:

Wow, imagine if this never existed.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Calculus is all about numbers approaching infinity, but nobody really does a lot of practical work with very high numbers. Say we took a googleplex, which is the highest whole number a machine can store without cryptography, and used another adding machine to square that number, what would that yield? The answer is an excessively long series of 9s, like 999999999999999 etc, one less than the mathematical result. The initial quantum sum is one less than the mathematical answer, and the machine ultimately counts itself as one in the second part of the process. So really in theory the numbers after the 1 could be anything during the first step of the calculation. The quantum value is irrelevant until the number is summed. And that chain of numbers is not encrypted, it doesn’t represent information, so a googleplex squared could actually be anything up to one less than 2 googleplex squared and contain the same quantum value as the known mathematical result before the machine sums it. Because this number can theoretically be anything, we have to conclude that the unknowable value has to have the property of intelligence, that it is of will to exist in some sort of way because the adding machine has already contracted a result. Not random, not cryptographic, but an unmeasurable value that has to exist for some time within the calculation. It has to choose something, intelligently.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Can it cook me a fuckin steak?! Ayyyy fuckin why dont you godel escher bach up offa deez nuts there Mr Hofstadter

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Calculus is all about numbers approaching infinity, but nobody really does a lot of practical work with very high numbers. Say we took a googleplex, which is the highest whole number a machine can store without cryptography, and used another adding machine to square that number, what would that yield? The answer is an excessively long series of 9s, like 999999999999999 etc, one less than the mathematical result. The initial quantum sum is one less than the mathematical answer, and the machine ultimately counts itself as one in the second part of the process. So really in theory the numbers after the 1 could be anything during the first step of the calculation. The quantum value is irrelevant until the number is summed. And that chain of numbers is not encrypted, it doesn’t represent information, so a googleplex squared could actually be anything up to one less than 2 googleplex squared and contain the same quantum value as the known mathematical result before the machine sums it. Because this number can theoretically be anything, we have to conclude that the unknowable value has to have the property of intelligence, that it is of will to exist in some sort of way because the adding machine has already contracted a result. Not random, not cryptographic, but an unmeasurable value that has to exist for some time within the calculation. It has to choose something, intelligently.

After ffeding this coded massage to the illuminati main frame i got this translation:

Top Secret clearance only
THE EVIL PIG SHALL RISE AGAIN

:aaa:

munce
Oct 23, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

DOR, whatever it is all about (it's beyond me), might be legit. Math can be strange.

He cut a skylight in half then glued it together (while constructing an aquarium). Then decided to try to make a living off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

munce posted:

He cut a skylight in half then glued it together (while constructing an aquarium). Then decided to try to make a living off it.

drugs good