Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Not to be unfair to Gallows and Anderson, but while they were always a relatively talented tag team, I never saw them as more than a relatively talented tag team. WWE didn't use them right, but I can't honestly say that if they went to AEW I'd see them in the tag team main event. There's probably ten teams I'd want to see before them. (let's see: Kenny and Hangman, Young Bucks, FTR, Butcher and Blade, Hybrid 2, Lucha Bros, Best Friends, Proud & Powerful, Private Party, SCU, Jurassic Express, so maybe eleven?). Whereas The North have felt starved of good opposition. Ethan Page is pretty good, but they've got him and Josh Alexander facing Cody Deaner and a guy called "Wheels", so maybe it's time some decent competition was introduced.

Edited because I originally put Jason Alexander. Which would be one hell of a tag team.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If they haven't fired Moose by now they're definitely not going to. I guess they could put the title on Edwards and work towards Edwards/Moose. I'm not entirely sure I could pick Ace Austin or Trey Miguel out of a lineup but I guess they could go that route.

Really they should be elevating Josh Alexander because he rules and is wasted on that team with Ethan Page.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

J-Ro posted:

I'm here for Good Brothers vs The North (or Deaners, Rascalz, XXXL or even Reno Scum)... Pretty much here for Gallows & Anderson vs the world.

Edit: sorta beaten. Another match for Slammiversary:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1277632920736260096

:drat: that's good stuff.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

J-Ro posted:

I'm here for Good Brothers vs The North (or Deaners, Rascalz, XXXL or even Reno Scum)... Pretty much here for Gallows & Anderson vs the world.

Edit: sorta beaten. Another match for Slammiversary:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1277632920736260096

Are there any "classic" TNA gimick match types that would work for a 10 person free-for-all, other than battle royal? Seems like it might be fun to bust out an old classic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TNA has been doing "Gauntlets" since the beginning that are timed battle royals where the final result is decided by pinfall or submission. I love that format and I have no idea if they still do it but I would assume that Knockout Gauntlet might be that instead of the WWE type gauntlet that is just match after match after match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Them going to Impact most likely keeps them from NJPW so seems good.

It was already said that Impact offered them the freedom to work NJPW as a lure to get them to sign. So I can see them going over for tag league and some spot stuff but it doesn't seem like Anderson wants to be over there too much anyway.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was already said that Impact offered them the freedom to work NJPW as a lure to get them to sign. So I can see them going over for tag league and some spot stuff but it doesn't seem like Anderson wants to be over there too much anyway.

Pretty sure NJPW isn't going to want them to work Impact though. It's fine for Impact to say they can, but New Japan kinda has to agree.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

New Japan kinda has to agree.

They've been in talks since the release happened, and teased a return to New Japan as much as they've been teasing going to TNA. Dave's also said they're likely to do the US promotion they sign with in between New Japan tours when they're able to go back to New Japan

I get people may not want it, but that in no way means it's unlikely to happen just because of the grudge between the companies. At this point it's far more likely to happen than going to AEW

I'm just hopeful they don't go back to Bullet Club when they show up in Japan. That feels stale to me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Impact does seem to be the company to work in if you really want to keep working indies, NJPW, and have freedom outside of your Impact dates.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont really know how you can reach that conclusion when no one works impact and new japan. tjp went to mlw and everybody else with new japan either works with roh, aew or mlw

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 29, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TJP appears to be in Impact tagging with Fallah Bahh as of that D'Lo/Aces & Eights tease.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fair, less new japan specifically and more just "other places". I know that's why a few wrestlers have said they work for Impact, it lets them be more flexible than other companies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

TJP appears to be in Impact tagging with Fallah Bahh as of that D'Lo/Aces & Eights tease.

Yeah, TJP has been around since last June, and he started showing up in New Japan last August. He was still active with New Japan as of February and that only stopped due to the travel issues, he's still able to work there when that's sorted out and they haven't shown signs of not wanting to use him anymore

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wikipedia lied to me then. tjp probably gets a pass because hes from their dojo which i guess could extend to mgka too

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Has TJP actually been accused of anything? I know he says stupid poo poo and holds dumb and stupid opinions, but has his name come up at all in the last couple of weeks or so?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

frankly i think admitting to reading fanfic about yourself and your female coworkers should compel a call to HR but no i dont think there have been any allegations about him

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Super No Vacancy posted:

frankly i think admitting to reading fanfic about yourself and your female coworkers should compel a call to HR but no i dont think there have been any allegations about him

Yeah, OK, I admit I totally missed that fanfic part, not that I was trying to defend him or anything. I guess it got lost in the shuffle in the absolute deluge of exposures in the last couple of weeks, but I guess that's on the low end of the scale when it comes to lovely behaviour. At least in comparison to someone like, say, Joey Ryan or Jack Gallagher.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i was just joshing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd imagine the change of ownership and Callis' role in Impact has probably smoothed over many rough edges that existed between Impact and NJPW.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the change of ownership that resulted in them losing their tv deal?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'd imagine the change of ownership and Callis' role in Impact has probably smoothed over many rough edges that existed between Impact and NJPW.

As SNV said, that change of ownership involved Impact trying to strongarm New Japan into working with them if they wanted to keep their only American TV deal (AXS) and New Japan opting to blow that up rather than working with Impact.

TJP is a good point that in theory folks could work both but I choose to believe that New Japan, like everyone else, doesn't care about TJP.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

As SNV said, that change of ownership involved Impact trying to strongarm New Japan into working with them if they wanted to keep their only American TV deal (AXS) and New Japan opting to blow that up rather than working with Impact.

TJP is a good point that in theory folks could work both but I choose to believe that New Japan, like everyone else, doesn't care about TJP.

I completely forgot about the AXS thing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah, uhh, the sticking point here isn't Impact not letting them work in Japan, it's New Japan not wanting to have anything to do with Impact. There's a lot of resentment. Clearly Gedo had big plans for Okada immediately on return from excursion because of how he came flying out of the gates: win at WK over Yoshi-Hashi, next match is a tag team win with Volador Jr over La Sombra & Hiroshi Tanahashi at Fantasticamania and after that he was paired up with Tana on every show he appeared on until New Beginning where he won the IWGP Heavyweight title. 7 months after last appearing as Okato in a loss to Doug Williams on Xplosion, he was holding the most prestigious title in wrestling. How poorly he was used on excursion still rangles. Like, the stank is so bad that it doesn't matter that Jarrett isn't there & Panda are gone & they had a working relationship with Don Callis, they actively loathe that company.

I dunno, preferring to lose their US TV deal than let Anthem blackmail them into a working relationship with Impact so I'd not assume the issues are sorted just because TJP. Sure, maybe being an Inoki Dojo guy is enough for Anderson to get back to New Japan & that leads to Gallows too. Hope not though, just don't see much of a place for them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, uhh, the sticking point here isn't Impact not letting them work in Japan, it's New Japan not wanting to have anything to do with Impact. There's a lot of resentment. Clearly Gedo had big plans for Okada immediately on return from excursion because of how he came flying out of the gates: win at WK over Yoshi-Hashi, next match is a tag team win with Volador Jr over La Sombra & Hiroshi Tanahashi at Fantasticamania and after that he was paired up with Tana on every show he appeared on until New Beginning where he won the IWGP Heavyweight title. 7 months after last appearing as Okato in a loss to Doug Williams on Xplosion, he was holding the most prestigious title in wrestling. How poorly he was used on excursion still rangles. Like, the stank is so bad that it doesn't matter that Jarrett isn't there & Panda are gone & they had a working relationship with Don Callis, they actively loathe that company.

I dunno, preferring to lose their US TV deal than let Anthem blackmail them into a working relationship with Impact so I'd not assume the issues are sorted just because TJP. Sure, maybe being an Inoki Dojo guy is enough for Anderson to get back to New Japan & that leads to Gallows too. Hope not though, just don't see much of a place for them.

TNA was literally told that Okada was going to be NJPW's next big star before he was sent there.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Fightful reports that Tessa has a non-disparagement clause with Impact.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

fatherofmustard posted:

Fightful reports that Tessa has a non-disparagement clause with Impact.

...countdown to Tessa publically talking poo poo begins! I find it hard to believe she will able to keep herself under control.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

They should really stop trying to get back into NJPW's good graces and instead get cozier with CyberAgent. Edwards and Marufuji seem to be good buds and they have (had?) the NOAH relationship. Su Yung seems to enjoy her TJPW tours (and they seem to like her too) - why not work on that? Someone good at TEW please prove me right.

midge posted:

...countdown to Tessa publically talking poo poo begins! I find it hard to believe she will able to keep herself under control.

Somewhere Allysin Kay's twitter finger twitched and she doesn't know why.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

TJP and Gallows/Anderson are not as cool without their WWE themes.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anderson’s NjPW theme loving rules, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-vLcF0C-Bc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave confirmed https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/luke-gallows-and-karl-anderson-heading-impact-wrestling-314456

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Nobody knows what's up with the world title situation now that the five-way match is obviously not happening with Tessa and Elgin both fired. Maybe they have the triple threat with the remaining people planned to be in it (Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards and Trey Miguel) for the vacant belt; maybe they put in also-abuser Moose for a fourway since he's kinda still TNA champ; maybe they fire him too, vacate that too, and have a triple threat for both belts; who knows

Fightful saying it's a fourway with Ace, Edwards, Trey and a mystery fourth person

Either Moose or one of the new signings (prob EC3 if that's the case)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna lol if they put the belt on loving Moose after all this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Fess3zhoE

Tonight's Impact ended with a closeup of the Super Eric Young costume as his theme played, and his mask was grabbed by someone offcamera

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1278146305680760832

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 1, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Benne posted:

Gonna lol if they put the belt on loving Moose after all this

just always assume TNA's going to do whatever the dumbest possible decision is

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Rellik AND Black Reign?? Together???

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1278099710247657479

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ship of Theseus but it's a wrestling promotion

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

overmind2000 posted:

Holy poo poo.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

J-Ro posted:

(...) this is the "Impact is good you guys" period. Which only makes sense, because it always falls apart right around the PPV.

Slammiversary is 18 days away., they usually shoot themselves in the foot a little bit closer to the date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Levin said he was often called in early or asked to stay late for tapings to help produce. He also spent his free time shopping for props and while he would be compensated for the purchases, he would be met with disdain for asking to be paid for the time he spent buying them.

"People would come up to me who I hadn't even spoke to about things saying, 'Oh, I heard you got a lot of heat with the office.' What would get me heat – we had a conversation about me writing for their website because they wanted more voices from talent. I said, 'Sure, just a heads up – I'm happy to contribute this free of charge if it's gonna boost everything with the company. But I just wanna know, am I being paid?' Then, there's all this talk of, 'Why would you ask for that? That was wrong of you.' Then this executive and that executive think you should just be thankful for the opportunity and you should just do it," said Levin.

overmind2000 posted:

Also drat Bix that's some great work.