Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If we're talking about positive experiences with foreign fans, I was leaving the Dome after the first night of Wrestle Kingdom this year and there were two drunk Brazilian guys practicing chops on each other and DASH Chisako walked past and complimented them jokingly. I saw them in the Hub next day and asked them if they knew who she was and they didn't and they were so happy when I told them she was a wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
BROKE: Practicing DDTs on the playground as a kid after watching Attitude Era Raw
WOKE: Practicing chops outside the building as a grown-rear end adult after watching a NJPW show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Am I the only one who just assumed I could roll out of bed & watch New Japan today? And then I went on World this morning & looked at the schedule & shock horror, nothing until Wednesday.

This is a dark day.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 29, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, I'm starting to go into BEEF withdrawal here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was going to complain about how now I'd have to find something else to do but then I remembered there was an All Japan card at the weekend that I didn't finish watching so nae bother.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well they did just put up a Makabe/Ishii NEVER match from about 5 years ago on the youtube channel and that's pretty much exactly what you'd expect (plus ishii doing a diving senton off the top rope to the outside in the first 30 seconds of the match) so that might quell the craving for another day or two.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is that their WK9 match? It ruled, too bad it was overshadowed by Ibushi/Nakamura and Tana/Okada

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Well they did just put up a Makabe/Ishii NEVER match from about 5 years ago on the youtube channel and that's pretty much exactly what you'd expect (plus ishii doing a diving senton off the top rope to the outside in the first 30 seconds of the match) so that might quell the craving for another day or two.

Posting that makes me want to rewatch the Ricky Marvin KENTA sprint from NOAH which just starts with Marvin leaping out of the ring before the music had even finished: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpJpe4jZhNA

One of the best sub-5 minutes matches I've seen

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
How the gently caress did we last 110 days without NJPW? I'm jonesin' here.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Stanfield posted:

Dunno but somehow i had it in my mind there was a show today and then there wasn't and now im sad :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

THERE'S A SHOW TODA...? oh. Oh.
:negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was smart enough to check on Saturday :smug:

Which meant I've had to last an extra two days with this knowledge :negative:

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Yano posted another cooking video, this time making Somen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f45HxVfs_90

He is a good instructor. His chatty personality plays well into showing how to prep food.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Put YTR on A Shot of Brandi coward, uh, Brandi

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Put YTR on A Shot of Brandi coward, uh, Brandi

That would be so great! Before the New Year Dash show this year I bought 5 bags of Yano's curry and the flavours I have tried so far have turned out quite tasty!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Stanfield posted:

It's really crazy because I quickly accepted that they wouldn't be around for a while and was fine with it, even kind of enjoying a mental break from wrestling. But now it's 7 days between shows and I'm loving losing it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

THERE'S A SHOW TODA...? oh. Oh.
:negative:

It's pronounced Shota, but, yes.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Fire Pro put out a free move creator tool

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I should’ve been in Germany with friends right now and wouldn’t have been able to watch whatever would’ve taken place this week in the regular world, but since that’s not happening, in Hell World 2020 I’m doing something else instead with said friends and very likely won’t be able to watch live anyway since I’ll be in a small cottage with no electricity in the woods

Butttt who knows maybe I’ll use up my phone’s battery and ignore my friends for a few hours so I can watch some beef slappin

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

extradite THIS! posted:

I should’ve been in Germany with friends right now and wouldn’t have been able to watch whatever would’ve taken place this week in the regular world, but since that’s not happening, in Hell World 2020 I’m doing something else instead with said friends and very likely won’t be able to watch live anyway since I’ll be in a small cottage with no electricity in the woods

Butttt who knows maybe I’ll use up my phone’s battery and ignore my friends for a few hours so I can watch some beef slappin

At least watch Ishii/Hiromu.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/rainmakerXokada/status/1277769518173962240

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Okada looking low-key horrified

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

ANTONIO INOKI HUNGRY

in other news, Karl Fredericks is no longer a Young Lion. The New Japan Cup match against KENTA was supposed to be his big reveal as a regular roster member, but instead it’ll be on the first Lion’s Break Collision.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol we could've had Karl Fredericks slapping the poo poo out of Kenta as Shibata looked on proudly, gently caress you corona-chan.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I thought they might fast track him. He's in his late 20s (he turns 30 in 2 weeks) and has an excellent look. Probably can't stuff around too long there

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cerebral Bore posted:

So is Shingo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCBg2Ifph7A/?igshid=52zxqise3rn3

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schneider Heim posted:

Okada looking low-key horrified

As he should.

The Cameo posted:

in other news, Karl Fredericks is no longer a Young Lion. The New Japan Cup match against KENTA was supposed to be his big reveal as a regular roster member, but instead it’ll be on the first Lion’s Break Collision.

Fredericks has got megastar written all over him, so I suppose there's not much point to having him faff about as a Young Lion anymore.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What is Lion's Break Collision anyway? A US show?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pretty much. The US talent all got themselves out to LA and they’re gonna run shows out of the dojo every Friday in July, I believe, with the LA dojo boys. First show’s main event is Rocky and Cobb vs TJP and Fredericks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Cameo posted:

Pretty much. The US talent all got themselves out to LA and they’re gonna run shows out of the dojo every Friday in July, I believe, with the LA dojo boys. First show’s main event is Rocky and Cobb vs TJP and Fredericks.

spot the "eating the pin" in that match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lid posted:

spot the "eating the pin" in that match

Yeah, it's gonna own when Rocky pins TJP

(that was a facetious answer, but honestly, Rocky has never been afraid of eating pins so I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this chance to get Karl over as a post-Young Lion threat)

Benne fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 30, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not sure how excited I am for the Lion's Break thing. On the one hand it'll be cool to see people again but without any belts or tournaments or anything there's no stakes and it's not like they can cover that up with sports entertainment bullshit. I'll give it a go but I'm not expecing to love it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

I'm not sure how excited I am for the Lion's Break thing. On the one hand it'll be cool to see people again but without any belts or tournaments or anything there's no stakes and it's not like they can cover that up with sports entertainment bullshit. I'll give it a go but I'm not expecing to love it.

This is a good point, but on the other hand imagine Fredericks and Cobb chopping each other in the chest a million times.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I hope it's a spiritual successor to the old Lion's Gate Project shows. Those shows loving ruled & I missed them.

Look at that first LGP show, Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Kaito Kiyomiya, Taiji Ishimori defeated David Finlay, Yoshinari Ogawa defeated Jay White, Katsuhiko Nakajima defeated Juice Robinson, Yuji Nagata defeated Mitsuhiro Kitamiya

Think of much it'd loving slap if they just reran that show again today, same matches. Show 2 had Naomichi Marufuji vs Jay White & Juice Robinson vs Go Shiozaki, & also Yone & Taguchi were in a tag team together, how loving perfect is that?

New Japan, Coward Harold, bring back the Lion's Gate Project shows.

Totally low stakes but man. Nakajima vs Juice.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity posted:

Man if they could get Mox involved it would rule.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

any word if KENTA is making his way from Florida to L.A. for those shows?

oh man I got busy and need to catch up on the tournament :smith: at least there's plenty of time...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

This but my biggest concern is that NJPW maybe shouldn’t be running shows in Hellzone USA at the moment tbqh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

This but my biggest concern is that NJPW maybe shouldn’t be running shows in Hellzone USA at the moment tbqh

I mean at least they aren't running Florida. Assume they are doing it at the Dojo and it's presumably all LA based talent. Or at least west coast. Yeah they shouldn't be running anything but seems like America has just given up on quarantine and all that.

There's a Rocky interview/podcast with Chris Charlton and he does go into some of the stuff into putting these shows on, working with local government and also Japan. He also was super shocked to hear Chris say Yoshi Hashi was in a match of the night with Tenzan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Also Shibata is doing Japanese commentary for this! So maybe I just listen to him angrily yell at the Young Lions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCD6ZMcgZXc/?igshid=4vm9o7lozs5n

Photo of your Japanese commentators