Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Cody / Hagar promo on this road to fighter fest is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

brodie rules and dang he looks big next to page

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Let’s please settle this debate:

Can cookies be savory?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-THlVsjr0i8

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TV Zombie posted:

Can cookies be savory?

Yeah

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Can cookies be savory?

You mean biscuits?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
biscuits can be sweet

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Cody / Hagar promo on this road to fighter fest is really good

The Road to....videos are pretty much universally terrific

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TV Zombie posted:

Can cookies be savory?

I have had rosemary shortbread before, that counts.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRO7ootPHUI

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope they give best friends/cowboy bebop a whole lot of time

I don’t want it to be a crazy head drop fest, but I hope they can make it the full match in the breadth of time it deserves.

Edit: I am also curious if Cody defends the TNT title on night 2, and how they build someone that fast to be a challenger with any hype. Not saying they cant, but I do wanna see what they do

:pray: give me cody/pentagon

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 30, 2020

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
On thread recommendation watched BTE.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Capri Sun Cutler!

That's right, the Capri Sun Cutler fan has logged on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A thought.

I don't think any of us want Austin Aries in AEW and it'll probably never happen. But if he hadn't thrown a tantrum at Bound For Glory and had just done business and left amicably, y'think it would've happened?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

A thought.

I don't think any of us want Austin Aries in AEW and it'll probably never happen. But if he hadn't thrown a tantrum at Bound For Glory and had just done business and left amicably, y'think it would've happened?

Even if he got into AEW, he would have flamed out eventually

He always does, just like teddy hart

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Road to....videos are pretty much universally terrific

Yeah I just watched this one, and it is as dope as expected. It’s cool that they can have another supplemental series just to hype up big events and PPVs without trying to fold it into BTE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

A thought.

I don't think that had anything to do with his current employment status.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cody promo in this is great. "Jim Ross is gonna tell you a thousand times on commentary about how great of an amateur wrestler Jake is. Cool; we're getting paid now."

Lollin at Hager impotently sputtering out "As a prizefighter...I only see the prize...and I'm ready to fight..."

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

Cody promo in this is great. "Jim Ross is gonna tell you a thousand times on commentary about how great of an amateur wrestler Jake is. Cool; we're getting paid now."

Lollin at Hager impotently sputtering out "As a prizefighter...I only see the prize...and I'm ready to fight..."

Lance Archer was built up way better as a threat than Hager has been.

Maybe that's Hager's job? To look big and mean but ultimately to just job to the stars.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s how they’ve used him so far

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I find it strange that the company's top singles guys dont have their own podcasts or youtube shows unlike Tony Schiavone and Brandon Cutler.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Here's a thought: with Havoc now in therapy and definitely on his way out of the company, does that clear the way for Jamie Hayter to come back?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Brodie's segment after bumping into Hangman on BTE was absolutely loving incredible..

"Evil Uno, I need you to do me a solid...."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Reality Protester posted:

I find it strange that the company's top singles guys dont have their own podcasts or youtube shows unlike Tony Schiavone and Brandon Cutler.

Probably just too busy.

Also, I don't think Kenny would do a podcast even if he wasn't. I guess he does twitch streams sometimes but that's just him fuckin' around on Call of Duty or fighting games or something.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Mr. Brodie's segment after bumping into Hangman on BTE was absolutely loving incredible..

"Evil Uno, I need you to do me a solid...."

Brodie Lee has been an absolute revelation since coming to AEW.

Mox has too, but in an entirely different way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Here's a thought: with Havoc now in therapy and definitely on his way out of the company, does that clear the way for Jamie Hayter to come back?

is there any indication that Jimmy Havoc was the thing keeping Jamie Hayter out of AEW and not just that Hayter would rather work Stardom

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The clever thing they've done with Dark Order so far is avoiding the Unspeakable Unbeatable Cult trope while still keeping them dangerous. Once someone beats the Unbeatable Cult, the story's over, but with a group like the Dark Order who are impressive but not undefeated, they can be beaten without being destroyed. Introducing or reintroducing the humour elements helps a lot with this.

Alaois posted:

is there any indication that Jimmy Havoc was the thing keeping Jamie Hayter out of AEW and not just that Hayter would rather work Stardom

I could be entirely wrong but the story I'd heard was that Havoc was influential in stopping her being booked.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

OctoberCountry posted:

Is Kazarian's southern accent bit a Jarrett reference?

I believe it's Hardcore Holly - if he adopted it from the "DO YA!" bit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Uncle Ulty posted:

I believe it's Hardcore Holly - if he adopted it from the "DO YA!" bit.

This is what I assumed yeah

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Eventually he's going to show up in a spacesuit, not know why, but be sure Brody has something to do with it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Oh my!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

:chast2b:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Someone tell that to Excalibur :argh:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess that all the horny we prohibited had to go somewhere.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!

And people said hornyposting was forbidden :pervert:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Taz looks like he does not approve of the Naked Night.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

enigmahfc posted:

Taz looks like he does not approve of the Naked Night.

i mean he is completely square

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
it is fun watching AEW have a new nominee for best on interviews every few months from someone long considered after their prime and useless

few months ago it was Jake the Snake, now we're up to Taz

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Is it bad that I have an impending sense of dread regarding the ratings this week?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

CobiWann posted:

Is it bad that I have an impending sense of dread regarding the ratings this week?

The show hasn't even happened yet.

Even in its low points, Dynamite outperformed original expectations. Week to week ratings have very little impact on anything as far as we're concerned as fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't try to divine meaning out of ratings for one week. Absolutely don't try to divine meaning out of ratings for one week during a pandemic, the US rioting across the country, and every entertainment industry having a sex pest callout moment. I'm sure also a bunch of other stuff that's a mess that I forgot.