Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Half the roster is sick with COVID and they still won’t put Ricochet on Raw.

What a wasted opportunity. Sure it’s fun to laugh at him for being a bootlicker and mediocre promo, but it can’t be seen as anything but complete incompetence to have one of the most dynamic physical performers in wresting and not be able to make him a star, or even a regularly featured midcard guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My uncle is in hospice care, got it in hospice, and lived. Its such an insane roll of the dice. Honestly he kind of kicked the virus' rear end for someone who is again, in hospice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wwe

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 29, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Senerio posted:

Captain Covid would have a mist finisher, and it'd be a mist of pure Covid.

*Runs in, falls to knees, out of breath.*

Baron.....

Covid.....

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Dango Bango posted:

O/U 100 ptchew! sound effects used in this episode

I'd take the under and congratulate you on being the rare goon that knows how over/under works

if the episode is an hour I could see it being close though

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dacap posted:

Half the roster is sick with COVID and they still won’t put Ricochet on Raw.

What a wasted opportunity. Sure it’s fun to laugh at him for being a bootlicker and mediocre promo, but it can’t be seen as anything but complete incompetence to have one of the most dynamic physical performers in wresting and not be able to make him a star, or even a regularly featured midcard guy.

Isn't main event recorded in the same place anyway? so he probably also has covid, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

I'd take the under and congratulate you on being the rare goon that knows how over/under works

if the episode is an hour I could see it being close though

Ah drat. I thought those 365 shows were an hour. Must have confused it with WWE 24. :v:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Can't see the scars if you ink over them 👉😉

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hell my 92 year old grandmother with dementia and Parkinson’s managed to survive getting COVID so you can’t predict who is going to survive it

US numbers

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

blunt posted:

The tire pattern plus the diamonds makes it look like he got run over by the joker-mobile.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

blunt posted:

shameful

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

reignofevil posted:

The tire pattern plus the diamonds makes it look like he got run over by the joker-mobile.

Oh no now it's all I can see

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gumball Gumption posted:

My uncle is in hospice care, got it in hospice, and lived. Its such an insane roll of the dice. Honestly he kind of kicked the virus' rear end for someone who is again, in hospice.

Meanwhile my 40 year old cousin died of it weeks after Covid took his mom. And he had no pre-existing conditions.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Now considering Vince thinks COVID-19 is just a bad flu.

Pre-pandemic, lets say a wrestler got the flu. And was all sniffly, and had blocked sinuses, and felt awful etc. Would that have been cause for allowing them to go home and rest up in bed with some lemsip and chicken soup? Or would they have been forced to rub their sweaty, aching, infectious body all over another sweaty person, thus exacerbating the problem?

I mean, Vince has made wrestlers to wrestle with broken bones, torn tendons and concussions etc. in the past. So I am guessing he sees nothing of having sick wrestlers work each other.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Now considering Vince thinks COVID-19 is just a bad flu.

Pre-pandemic, lets say a wrestler got the flu. And was all sniffly, and had blocked sinuses, and felt awful etc. Would that have been cause for allowing them to go home and rest up in bed with some lemsip and chicken soup? Or would they have been forced to rub their sweaty, aching, infectious body all over another sweaty person, thus exacerbating the problem?

I mean, Vince has made wrestlers to wrestle with broken bones, torn tendons and concussions etc. in the past. So I am guessing he sees nothing of having sick wrestlers work each other.

Wrestlers often work with the flu. Kris Statlandet worked a PPV with the flu on February.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

Meanwhile my 40 year old cousin died of it weeks after Covid took his mom. And he had no pre-existing conditions.

Jesus, I'm sorry. The wildness of it is something else.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

blunt posted:

Well now he has to wrestle without a shirt on!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
shameful back and all but that tattoo looks very nice and well done or maybe Cody's has warped my perception of tattoos

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Hirez posted:

shameful back and all but that tattoo looks very nice and well done or maybe Cody's has warped my perception of tattoos

no I agree I think it looks really nice

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Bret had strep throat when he wrestled Owen at SS94.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I'm shocked someone that eats cereal mixed with rat poo poo and nuts and bolts would get a throat infection

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jonny Nox posted:

US numbers

Oh it's COVID deaths? I thought it was a breakdown of WWE viewer demographics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 6/29:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The show opened with Asuka and Sasha fighting in the ring. Ziggler and McIntyre joined them for a double contract signing. The segment broke down into a fight again. Bayley laughed at one of her own jokes like a good heel.
  • Backstage, Angel Garza and Andrade claimed they would beat the Viking Raiders and get a title shot against the Street Profits. Big Show arrived and claimed he was pulling rank to put his own segment next.
  • Andrade and Garza confronted Big Show in the ring. Ric Flair came out and warned Show against taking on Randy Orton. The Viking Raiders prevented Andrade and Garza from jumping Big Show.
  • Andrade and Garza defeated The Viking Raiders in a tag match. Andrade and Garza continued to tease dissension between them, despite Zelina Vega's best efforts.
  • The IIconics talked poo poo to Ruby Riott backstage and reminded her that even if they lose their title shot, they at least still had each other's backs.
  • Ric Flair joined Andrade and Garza backstage and said he has a proposition for Zelina Vega.
  • R-Truth defeated Akira Tozawa (C) to become the new 24/7 Champion.
  • MVP told Lashley backstage he'd make Apollo Crews pay for disrespecting him.
  • Seth Rollins did a promo in the ring with Buddy Murphy, Austin Theory (accused in the #SpeakingOut movement) was not there. Rey and his large adult son Dominick appeared on the Titantron to respond to them. Aleister Black and Humberto Carrillo came out to confront Rollins.
  • Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy defeated Aleister Black & Humberto Carrillo in a tag match. Rollins curbstomped Carrillo on the steel steps.
  • Asuka and Drew McIntyre were interviewed backstage. McIntyre offered to let Ziggler pick the stipulation for their title match.
  • Lana told Peyton Royce defeated Ruby Riott, since as Royce told Ruby, Billie Kay had her friend's back.
  • Big Show was interviewed backstage and said he had no illusions that Ric Flair was setting a trap for him.
  • Big Show defeated Andrade and Angel Garza when Garza walked out of the match following an argument with Andrade. Vega left with Garza, but pleading with him to come back.
  • Ricochet, Cedric Alexander, Apollo Crews and R-Truth had a segment backstage.
  • MVP defeated United States Champion Apollo Crews in a non-title match, following a distraction by Bobby Lashley. Cedric and Ricochet tried to help Apollo and pissed off Lashley.
  • Bobby Lashley defeated Ricochet in a singles match, and put him in the Full Nelson post-match.
  • Sasha Banks and Bayley laughed in Dolph Ziggler's face and called him a loser despite Sasha tagging with him in the main event.
  • Bayley was on commentary for Drew/Asuka vs. Ziggler/Sasha. She did the "wiggles your fingers and go WOOOOO WOO WOOO!" taunt and gleefully asked,"WHO FALLS FOR THIS!?!" when it distracted Asuka and allowed Banks to get the upper hand.
  • Sasha Banks and Dolph Ziggler defeated Asuka and Drew McIntyre, with Sasha getting the pin on Asuka much to Bayley's utter joy. They ended the show celebrating together, Bayley hesitating momentarily before deciding to let Ziggler join in.
  • I believe every single mention of the Extreme Rules show tonight had "THE HORROR SHOW" tacked on to it.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 30, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignofevil posted:

It’s a very common Samoan tribal pattern.

Good lord I hate to be that guy more than anyone but Polynesian tribal tattoos are a huge part of the culture for Samoan people and it feels kinda racist to clown on them.

“For Samoans, tatau is a way of life. It is literally a visual representation of one's life and the pain one suffered to get the tatau along with undergoing the extensive and painful process of getting the tatau itself.”

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Peyton's spinning brainbuster was very very cool but I can't find any gif of it :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I tend to just try not to be a dick about anyone's tattoos unless they're like racist or something. Sure, if you put a language you can't read on your wrist or a soda logo on your arm or your brand on your neck or a giant penis sword on your back I'm gonna have to bite my tongue. But in my experience you don't undergo hours of painful permanent scarring on your body unless you got some personal reason for it. And sure, some people's reasons are stupid but it ain't my sleeve or lower back tattoo. So whatever.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i read some of the detailed recap on f4w to see what went on in that Cedric/Ricochet/R-Truth/Apollo segment and just lmao forever at how they use Ricochet

quote:

Crews attacked MVP after the match but Lashley put him in the full nelson. Referees couldn’t stop him so Ricochet and Alexander ran down. They weren’t strong enough to pull Lashley off, and Ricochet somehow fell down in his attempt.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Hirez posted:

Peyton's spinning brainbuster was very very cool but I can't find any gif of it :shrug:

TDE stopped GIFing WWE because they got C&Ded them again.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Hirez posted:

https://i.imgur.com/lb3LVdS.gifv

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, they got hit with a DMCA takedown request in April.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, the company has doubled down on anti-GIF practices because they only want you watching their product via paying for it on cable (which some people are dropping), the Network (which nobody has anymore), or PPV (which people previously dropped because the company insisted you didn't need it because the Network was better)

Surprisingly this hasn't been as massively successful a power play move as they expected it'd be!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, the company has doubled down on anti-GIF practices because they only want you watching their product via paying for it on cable (which some people are dropping), the Network (which nobody has anymore), or PPV (which people previously dropped because the company insisted you didn't need it because the Network was better)

Surprisingly this hasn't been as massively successful a power play move as they expected it'd be!
Is this what happened, though? Did any other major GIF accounts get hit? Most of the takedowns I heard about were weird edge cases or blatant outright infringement (sketchy streaming sites promoting full episodes).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Sasha Banks and Dolph Ziggler defeated Asuka and Dolph Ziggler,

Good lord, he's multiplying.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Good lord, he's multiplying.

Dear God no. I fixed it, and may God have mercy on my soul.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Ziggler is.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results 6/29:

• Big Show defeated Andrade and Angel Garza when Garza walked out of the match following an argument with Andrade. Vega left with Garza, but pleading with him to come back.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

it’s the big show

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

truly, it was a big bad show tonight

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

How dare those dastardly fans enjoy their product!

Also, in random DMCA GIF news, I got hit with one on my imgur account a few days ago for this gif:

JUST that GIF.

:shrug:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
This is a 40 year old nurse and hobbyist bodybuilder who came down with covid, he spent over a month in the hospital and almost died

The virus often doesn't give a gently caress what condition you're in if your body makes a misstep or two fighting it in the early stages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Jerusalem sneaking in fake spoilers again I truly didn’t understand the iconic segment nor what Sasha was doing in the main event with the woo woo woo stuff.