Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you don't find Bossip headlines to be works of literary genius I don't know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AsInHowe posted:

Honest question: why do self-described black blogs have the longest, dumbest, most nonsense of article titles? Am I missing something? Is it just a cultural thing?

Because they are funny when executed well.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

quote:

The idea for ESPN's The Decision show 10 years ago, in which LeBron James declared that he'd take his "talents to South Beach," wasn't LeBron's or his agent's or his inner circle's or anyone at ESPN's. It turns out that the show's idea came from a 38-year-old Detroit Pistons fan from Columbus, Ohio, identified only as "Drew" in a Bill Simmons mailbag column published by ESPN on Nov. 26, 2009, seven months before the broadcast.

"What if LeBron announces he will pick his 2010-11 team live on ABC on a certain date for a show called 'LeBron's Choice?'" Drew wrote, with no last name published. "What type of crazy ratings would that get?"

Simmons replied, "If LeBron were smart, he would market the event through his company, sell the rights to a network and reveal his choice on that show ... He could even make it pay-per-view ... I'm pretty sure they'll pony up for $44.99 for "Decision 2010: LeBron's Verdict."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

No way

no loving way :stare:

E: Oh i clicked through, for just a second i thought it'd turn out to be that Drewtoothpaste guy and I would have laughed for a week.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dang espn’s about to dunk pretty hard on bill, huh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
bill later wrote a like 3000 word hissy fit about how selfish the decision was where he blamed it on lebron not having a dad

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you don't find Bossip headlines to be works of literary genius I don't know what to tell you.

bossip has funny headlines, bso typically... does not, but it does (did?) feature a 3000 word manifesto about why the site is named black sports online

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

deadspin remembering guys reunion
https://twitter.com/theisen95/status/1276658815509975041?s=20

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bill Simmons has made a lot of dumbass moves but this is definitely up near the tippy top of that list.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1277738943384096775

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Is this just a blanket rear end covering or are people after him for something specific?

Edit: oh so it’s about him being present and laughing in old videos where Portnoy makes an rear end of himself

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 30, 2020

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

General Dog posted:

Is this just a blanket rear end covering or are people after him for something specific?

Possibly this: https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1277347276067753984?s=20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He has some pretty gross stuff of his own but also every single video of Portnoy being a racist poo poo has him in the background laughing and egging it on. And it's especially glaring with him because he's one of "the good ones" who gets to go on Sportscenter or pal around with ESPN folks who mostly stay away from Portnoy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I kept expecting a paragraph that specified what he was apologizing for, or really even apologize at all, and then the post ended.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

AndrewP posted:

I kept expecting a paragraph that specified what he was apologizing for, or really even apologize at all, and then the post ended.

if your main goal is to not face any consequences, it would be pretty silly to tell people what you've done wrong.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I took that he was apologizing for laughing/egging on Portnoy. He talked about "not knowing his laugh was a nervous laugh". I also took away it was a "I was wrong for not speaking up before."......but.... he still isn't speaking up. It's kinda weird, like he's saying he is apologizing for not taking a stand against the crap barstool has pulled but also won't take a stand against the crap barstool has pulled.

It's a really weak apology and a pretty transparent attempt to be able to say "At Least I Said Something!".

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It's only slightly better than the truly weak poo poo the CEO put out

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1277922703652065282

This is a quick read and well worth your time.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/1277968911468687365

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

It's only slightly better than the truly weak poo poo the CEO put out

if we do not take risks and do some racism how will anyone ever learn that racism is bad

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

U miss 100% of the slurs you don't say

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If you think about it, we were only racist because of how bold and strong we are

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My dad, who watches way too much Bill Maher, recently tried to argue that Tom Cotton's NY Times op-ed was good because people would read it and learn that he is bad. What I'm saying is there are non-stoolies who might actually agree with that argument.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That is... one hell of a spin job by Nardini there :stare:

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it takes a lot of grit and resolve to call colin kapernick a terrorist, cry about "cancel culture" and watch your bank account skyrocket

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

General Dog posted:

Look I don't know about you but really the only way you can truly know what a racial slur is, is just to use all of them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nardini has a small brain for someone with such a big loving head

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

Speaking of the latest barstool podcast from 2biggs, the "BET of Barstool sports" is titled:

"Barstool Now It's Gonna Get Extremely Real" but as an acronym.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:stare:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno I haven't listened to the podcast so I can't speak to the content.

But I have zero problems with a cast that looks like this

https://twitter.com/2BiggsPod/status/1278460574440009728

Using that title.

It's kinda our word to use however the gently caress we want to.

They might say some gently caress poo poo and excuse their bosses behavior or whatever. But there is additional context that needs to be included.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The thread title prophecy is complete

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lmao I started to listen to that poo poo.

And Jesus gently caress. Tyler is like the only dude there not trying to mealy mouth defend that bullshit. gently caress that podcast.

lmao they didn't even tell the guests the name they were going to put on it.

Jesus.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 2, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I wouldn't have an issue with the name if the people on the podcast had collectively decided to call it that but yeah that doesn't seem to actually be the case. Tyler at least seems pretty pissed about it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dexo posted:

oh my god

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Anyone else so white they don't feel comfortable sharing that tweet?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Coco13 posted:

Anyone else so white they don't feel comfortable sharing that tweet?

Yes. God I hope that's the vast majority of white people.

Dexo posted:

Jesus.

Especially given this. Fuckin' bullshit co-signing people to that without them knowing. If it had been something they came up with and were all more or less OK with, then that's entirely different, and a kind of gently caress you to Barstool.

General Dog posted:

The thread title prophecy is complete

Seriously, didn't even need to update the thread title.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Those twitter comments are really something.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

:stare: oh lord

good job they're still Barstool-brand shitheels

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Accidentally imagined all the cursed group chats where chud honkeys are delighted by asking each other if they've heard the newest n word podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
A hearty LOL at barstool saying the quiet part as loudly as is conceptually possible.