Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They left "is_fun" as "0" and not "1" real amateur hour

easy mistake to make, you want to make sure the testers don't have fun because they'll accept lower wages if their souls are extra-crushed. It's really easy to forget to change it just before you send the game out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh no everyone Luigi is Missing!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman 2 is so tasty, I don’t know why I haven’t played it til now

Just finished getting 20/20 Mastery in Mumbai. I was extremely, absolutely tickled by the “outsourcing” chain of events you can set off. How can a game be this good, it’s absurd

So so happy this game exists

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh no everyone Luigi is Missing!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Dycedarg: "You're a stain on the Beoulve name."

Dycedarg's elder brother: "Yeah!"

Ramza: "Shut up, Dycedarg's elder brother."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/mistaketheory/status/1277767050061062144?s=20

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wizard101 Update:

I went and found a key to a secret door. The door was located behind a waterfall. I'd found the door almost immediately when I first started playing so I was waiting for the game to actually acknowledge it.

Behind the door was the death magic school. It turns out that when the bad guy (and former professor for Wizard City's death magic school) Malistaire got mad about his wife dying from a cold, he decided to blow up the part of the island where the death schoolhouse was. Turns out it just all slid down to another area where a door was put up to keep people out for whatever reason. The death tree fell down there with it.

His name's mortis. He taught me a spell that lets me reduce enemy aggro towards me.

Then I read the nearby gravestones.

Then I decided to look at the pets section of the cash shop.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Another big Steam sale, time to buy yet another < $10 game. Timespinner keeps catching my eye every time I see it on my Wishlist because it's kind of aping the look of the GBA/DS Castlevania games, which I'm into. Is it any good?

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Another big Steam sale, time to buy yet another < $10 game. Timespinner keeps catching my eye every time I see it on my Wishlist because it's kind of aping the look of the GBA/DS Castlevania games, which I'm into. Is it any good?

It's very competently executed! It looks good, it feels good to move around and fight, it's not particularly challenging in any sense of the word. If you've got a Castlevania itch that needs scratching, it'll do the job.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I bought fell seal on switch because it was $10 and it’s so far a really good FF Tactics without the FF

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Outer Wilds is completely enthralling. I was talking with someone about The Three-Body Problem series earlier, and this game is giving me the same vibes about being matter-of-fact about orbital mechanics and space infrastructure while also going "the universe is fuckin' bizarre"

Although now I have so many question marks on my rumor board that I'm kind paralyzed for choice in where to go next lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Outer Wilds also just got patched again to make certain parts easier to figure out and navigate

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Outer Wilds is completely enthralling. I was talking with someone about The Three-Body Problem series earlier, and this game is giving me the same vibes about being matter-of-fact about orbital mechanics and space infrastructure while also going "the universe is fuckin' bizarre"

Although now I have so many question marks on my rumor board that I'm kind paralyzed for choice in where to go next lol

Pick one at random and go there, you can't waste more than 22 minutes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I forgot to mention that I fixed my character's dumb face

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

C-Euro posted:

It is fantastic and well worth your time. The only negative in my eyes is I wanted more of it, because it's a bit shorter than the games it's paying homage to.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I played Outer Wilds for six hours today and I want to keep going even though I'm fatigued as hell, it's just that captivating.

I feel kind of bad that I didn't play it earlier so I could Join the Conversation, but I guess I can't really do that until I finish it anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

go prodromal and have the conversation in your mind with an imaginary person, that's how I engage in video game discourse

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

exquisite tea posted:

Marauders were annoying at first but I think the reaction to them was way overblown. If you just sit in front of them with the SSG and shoot on react to the sound cue you can easily stunlock them with a fast swap to the ballista. Everything else about Doom Eternal was cool except the story which was noticeably weaker than the first.

The trick to Marauders is to ignore whatever bullshit the game wanted you to do and just run around launching sticky grenades and the occasional regular grenade on the ground by their feet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cross postin DA DEALZ

Infinitum posted:

:siren: DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE FREE BOARD GAMES? :siren:

GMT Games is just straight up giving away free board games

How to claim:
1.) Send an email to: a_curtis at sbcglobal dot net
2.) Include “proof or explanation of your job loss" since March 15.
3.) Select which instock games you would like
- 2 games if you're in the US
- 1 game if you're international
- Imperial Struggle is the only excluded game!
4.) They will ship you free goddamn games. :slick:
5.) Don't be a fuckwit and claim a game if you still have a job

Honestly this is super super generous of them. I'd crack onto Twilight Struggle if you've ever wanted it, because that shits sure to go fast. Make sure to grab something for the strategy/wargame nerd in your life (Especially if that nerd is you)
Real coffee.. from the hills of COLOMBIAAAAAAAA

Caveat emptor, these are all super nerdy games.

If I were to choose something for myself, Twilight Struggle would be top of the list from a curiosity perspective. It's rank #9 on boardgamegeeks, and has been for a while.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

twilight struggle, is good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

The trick to Marauders is to ignore whatever bullshit the game wanted you to do and just run around launching sticky grenades and the occasional regular grenade on the ground by their feet.

Also, if you plan to duel them, get good at tapping the fast swap button so you can get extra damage on them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mode 7 posted:

Elevator chat!

This is a good video about using elevators to completely bypass building security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvGfuLlZus

I just wanted to say you have one of my favourite avs on the forums! :D

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I just wanted to say you have one of my favourite avs on the forums! :D
oh yeah? what do you think of my av

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VG joining longav crew :hmmyes:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

homeless snail posted:

oh yeah? what do you think of my av

It is good (I always love animated avatars) but this is my favourite of yours:

No wait

This one :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Lots of great avatar havers ITT

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have done it... :negative:

I must have made over 100 attempts. So many things that can go wrong on just the first screen, and even after all that, you still have to nail the Galsia/Donovan rooms. Insane!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is p impressive

I did all the S ranks on hard for the trophy (using Adam) but mania didn't really seem worth it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think we should spend more time talking about how good Hitman 2 is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

July Chat Thread: Let’s talk about how good Hitman 2 is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How would you rank the maps

you can even include the Hitman 2016 maps too if you're feeling brave

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve figured out how best to approach each new level

First run: wander aimlessly, maybe pick up a story mission or two, reloading kept to a minimum
Next: follow story mission markers, do them all. Fit in a Silent Assassin run somewhere here
Next: look at challenges. Do enough to get to 20/20 Mastery
Next: perform a Silent Assassin, Suit Only run

Then finally, watch the prerendered cutscene, and move on to the next map

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I havent finished Hitman so I wouldn’t dare compile a list, but I will say that for the moment, the Hitman 2 maps rank very very high

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYs4CvTOqi0

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Colorado is the only map I didn't love from the first game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The clinic in the first game was my favorite because it felt the most like a Blood Money level.

Everyone loved Sapienza, for good reason.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love all of Agent 47’s double entendres, and, crucially, all of the inadvertent double entendres his targets make

“I’m ready for my shave, please make it a close one”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Twilight Struggle is one of my favorite strategy games!

It also has a pretty good PC adaptation though, which might be worth considering if you can't play it with someone in person