Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Stop trolling this thread NienNunb it’s extremely rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm becoming Judas

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mgs3 and 2 are the best ones. everything kojima after that is just trying to do weird for interesting

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I liked the story when I played it. I'll just never replay it and keep liking it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mgs5 was a beautiful set of mechanics and controls that they unfortunately wrapped kind of a turd of a story around

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not Kojima's fault 5 ended up the way it did. Definitely a disappointing story but he did the best he could

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

MGS2 is the best Metal Gear game 👉😜

No it's not Metal Gear Rising you weebs

A: 3 has the best story, 5 has the best gameplay, but they're all good
2: I can't believe you'd admit that about BioShock Infinite

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think bioshock infinite would have been good if you could choose to play through all of the serious set dressing areas with weapons and kill all the people singing and whatever else. in the video game. Hope that's ok to say

i also would like to remove the part where you look at elizabeth's first period blood and everything to do with that character from the ground up, and

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Barbershop quartet singing beach boys was cool

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
MGS3 is the best Metal Gear and my favorite game of all time. Rising was my introduction to Platinum and I will always love it for that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that reminds me that i wish you could have gone through all the little rips in time/space where a popular song would be playing on the other end. just go in there, and it's a completely different game. i wish they would have made four to eight completely different full games with full AAA budgets, inside of bioshock infinite.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Baldurs gate 2 is one of the best games of all time.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Shard posted:

:emptyquote: :hmmyes:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

It really is.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

The complete game with Throne of Bhaal, yes.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jerusalem posted:

It's so loving good, seriously! I missed the first season when it aired, got caught up during the second season and now I am really excited for more to come.

Like, I knew it was gonna be funny but then it got to the airstrip and the aftermath of it and I didn't expect the show to get to that level. Couple episodes into season 2 now

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 30, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

NienNunb posted:

Barbershop quartet singing beach boys was cool

This, the setting aspects of Infinite were probably it's best parts

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BioShock Infinite's greatest failing is that it didn't have radio shows that are just parodying podcast bits but in the style of like The Shadow or Fibber McGee

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was too busy thinking everything that happened in the wake of the rebellion was so cool I didn't notice the game trying to tell me 'no that's bad'.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Before I get cancelled let it be known I played the game once the week it came out, liked the old timey poo poo and the shooting/rail/magic fight mechanics, and the dumb sci-fi jackoff poo poo and have spent zero amount of time since then thinking about it in any real way. Please don't be mad at me. For that. You can be mad at me for not liking anime games, that's fine.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I didn't like how one of the main themes underlying infinite was about learning to accept what happened in the past in order to move on and build a better future both internally as a person and for the world around you out of a flawed present, but then the ending said no gently caress that and then you went back in time and stopped everything from happening or something.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
im playing prey and its v. good except i have a hard time killing anything

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Bioshock Infinite was almost impressive for how it managed to be so astonishingly boring in spite of itself

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Shard posted:

I played it as a kid and it's funny how different my strategies were from what everyone recommends these days.

poo poo I'll admit I was way more creative then. Now if I struggle with some sideboss I just google a solution.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Did anyone else read the novelization of Baldurs Gate?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
When I was a young kid I beat the original Myst and had a whole spiral notebook of notes, crossed out solutions that didn't work, etc. A few years ago I found it again and it was just charming, I wonder if I still have it somewhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I still remember the frustration of trying to figure out a way to beat the optional lich boss without at least one of my party being exiled (you can get them back, but it treats it as you kicking the player out of your party and then reinviting them, and resets all progress made with them to zero) when it suddenly occurred to me,"Wait... I can literally turn into a physical manifestation of murder...." and discovering I was now basically immune to all the lich's bullshit :getin:

I then did a lot of good deeds to salvage the reputation hit I took for, you know, turning into a physical manifestation of murder.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Did anyone else read the novelization of Baldurs Gate?

I read a lot of fanfics. That's the current tense of read btw

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bioshock infinite became a bad game when they didn’t allow you to let them kill the nazi child who deserved to die for being nazi spawn and then tried to make you feel bad for killing any of the nazis after, idiot centrist game for dopes.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

edit sorry theres a slur at the end of the video. its an old video and i forgot it was there. i dont approve of the slur.

Paper Lion fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 30, 2020

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

I read a lot of fanfics. That's the current tense of read btw

Why can't I find the code for the "no one is looking slow hi-five" smiley?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I was too busy thinking everything that happened in the wake of the rebellion was so cool I didn't notice the game trying to tell me 'no that's bad'.

It's the left wing version of thinking Ed Norton is a good guy in Fight Club.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Seams posted:

im playing prey and its v. good except i have a hard time killing anything

yeah that part rules later on when you sort of become more able to do stuff and feel happy about it. Or it did to me, Seams.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

NienNunb posted:

Before I get cancelled let it be known I played the game once the week it came out, liked the old timey poo poo and the shooting/rail/magic fight mechanics, and the dumb sci-fi jackoff poo poo and have spent zero amount of time since then thinking about it in any real way. Please don't be mad at me. For that. You can be mad at me for not liking anime games, that's fine.

I also enjoyed the game in this way. I was like, eh, good time, see you later.

Also everyone who had their mind blown by the original Bioshock...idgi. I mean it was good and everything; I played it twice. But people talk about it like it was some tectonic shift and I...don’t see it.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 30, 2020

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Magic posted:

I also enjoyed the game in this way. I was like, eh, good time, see you later.

Also everyone who had their mind blown by the original Bioshock...idgi. I mean it was good and everything; I played it twice. But people talk about it like it was some tectonic shift and I...don’t see it.

Fun environment
Pipe Dream minigame (one of the better windows 95 games)
One of the first games to say "libertarians are on some horse poo poo" when at the time this was a very bold, brave thing to say in the video game industry

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A game that has a thing to say was considered rarer back then. In hindsight I think that was wrong and Bioshock just figured out how to market "Our game is gonna make you think about politics and junk".

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sometimes a game looks cool and has cool weapons and that's enough for you, ya know?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It was satisfying to electrocute crackheads and smack them with a wrench, for sure

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

As far as an actual gameplay goes...I prefer Deus Ex. I like sniping and stealth in my single player FPSes. I couldn't finish Mankind Divided though. The setting was just SO depressing I didn't want to immerse myself in it. Which might be the first time I've ever had that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Whereever you stopped playing was no less abrupt and unsatisfying than the intended ending