Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

My favorite is when people mistakenly assume he's a keyboard warrior and attack him for never wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people get mad about bryan because of the ptsd trigger of hearing his voice and remembering the drat rc helicopter missions. i'm sorry for making a goof out of ptsd. That sucks rear end

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Show with Bryan and Vincent

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I'm still allowed to dislike Bryan for unrelated workplace reasons, though...right?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is it because you two couldn't agree which was better, a boat made out of gold or an airplane made out of silver?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

davidbix posted:

I'm still allowed to dislike Bryan for unrelated workplace reasons, though...right?

Having rational reasons to dislike somebody is normal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Neodoomium posted:

My favorite is when people mistakenly assume he's a keyboard warrior and attack him for never wrestling

I loved when Ryback attacked Bryan for this exact argument when Bryan probably wrestled more matches than he did that year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

Based on what you've said in the past, you've got perfectly legitimate reasons to not be a fan of the guy. You certainly don't lump in with the types who hate him with the passion of a 1000 burning suns because he posted two numbers (and nothing BUT those numbers) on twitter and one of the numbers was higher than the other number.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

I loved when Ryback attacked Bryan for this exact argument when Bryan probably wrestled more matches than he did that year

Possibly in his career

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Rarity posted:

For the last couple of years he was constantly giving them the benefit of the doubt while also hating the majority of their creative decisions, it was very weird

It's because nothing give him more of a chub than getting to sit front row and ask questions at useless propaganda events like the 2K game press conference

Now that he will no longer get to do poo poo like that(which makes him feel like he's "one of the boys"), and also will no longer have Online Validation(his lifeblood) his world is going to get very, very small.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/HollywoodAsia/status/1277379400615542784

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

They started pushing guys who can actually wrestle and don't get blown up in five minutes?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They stopped doing hardcore drugs?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Also people around the world are getting shorter. https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/average-global-human-height-falling-study/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Also the culture changed from steroids being the norm for action heroes. And Warrior was a big disappointment as champion. And they're both racists so who gives a gently caress.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And sure Keith Lee is 6' 2'' but so am I and I've met Keith Lee and never in a million years would I say we're the same size. Dude is huge and it's a lot of muscle.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 29, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom at an indie show a few years back and bumped directly into Keith Lee, who filled the entire hallway in the skin-tightest Pokemon t-shirt I've ever seen.

Dude is big as hell.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Cerebral Bore posted:

They started pushing guys who can actually wrestle

and also Adam Cole

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

"I miss when wrestlers were physically imposing," says person looking disdainfully at a picture of Keith Lee

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/42201222223334L/status/1277662615976775681

This dude having an extremely normal one all over Dave's mentions on how AEW is mere seconds away from cancellation.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
They literally went out of their way to sign a long-term contract with AEW about half a year ago, so I'm sure that TNT are just chomping at the bit to cancel the show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

They literally went out of their way to sign a long-term contract with AEW about half a year ago, so I'm sure that TNT are just chomping at the bit to cancel the show.

https://twitter.com/42201222223334L/status/1277843788170498055

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Excited anime villager: Wow, the show just got renewed with a multi-year extension! This is great for AEW!
Wizened anime dude wearing a big hat that casts a shadow over his face: Actually this is very bad for AEW!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Literally "this show isn't guaranteed to not get cancelled, therefore it will definitely get cancelled" lmao forever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TNT reportedly had an optimistic benchmark of 500k a week for Dynamite and would've been ecstatic with anything higher than that. Clearly they're going to pull the plug for AEW doing *only* 600-800 for months of empty-arena shows during a global pandemic (while running a PPV that by all accounts smashed modest expectations).

Wrap it up AEWilures

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Why yes, let's all pay attention to the twitter account that is all numbers and garbage letters, he's the expert

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He also believes that NBA will take away, at minimum, 1-200k viewers. It is a fact that AEW will be under 400k viewers after the NBA starts.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Weren't they basically holding steady against NBA games before the season got halted? Like, Wednesday night games on ESPN aren't as big as TNT's Thursday doubleheader, which is where all the marketing muscle goes into, but the NBA is still ratings king in the fall/winter, so nobody was going to kill them for losing to, like, Wizards/Heat or whatever random matchup gets thrown on Wednesdays.

Also they were doing a lot of crossover synergy, with TNT announcers plugging Dynamite and AEW guys showing up in the studio with Shaq and Barkley. They clearly have big plans for AEW being a major part of the Turner family, and I doubt these last few months have changed that.

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 30, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
No you see this random guy on the internet who is very mad at people enjoying things said so, so AEW is officially dead.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Why yes, let's all pay attention to the twitter account that is all numbers and garbage letters, he's the expert
it's literally the purpose of this thread so yes

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

Weren't they basically holding steady against NBA games before the season got halted? Like, Wednesday night games on ESPN aren't as big as TNT's Thursday doubleheader, which is where all the marketing muscle goes into, but the NBA is still ratings king in the fall/winter, so nobody was going to kill them for losing to, like, Wizards/Heat or whatever random matchup gets thrown on Wednesdays.

Also they were doing a lot of crossover synergy, with TNT announcers plugging Dynamite and AEW guys showing up in the studio with Shaq and Barkley. They clearly have big plans for AEW being a major part of the Turner family, and I doubt these last few months have changed that.

Pretty sure they beat the nba at least once pre lockdown

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Jerusalem posted:

Wizened anime dude wearing a big hat that casts a shadow over his face: Actually this is very bad for Jeremy CorbynAEW!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave got bored and blocked him, so fun's over, but here's a chaser.

https://twitter.com/42201222223334L/status/1278065662565416960

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I swear, every time I click on one of those tweets the other half of the timeline is right wing memes and conspiracy theories.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

Dave got bored and blocked him, so fun's over, but here's a chaser.

https://twitter.com/42201222223334L/status/1278065662565416960

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I definitely agree with hiring Russo but for very different reasons than that dude

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I am sure Russo would book modern, compelling Stories for the women's division.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Razor_Nathon/status/1277463120697384960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That tweet briefly sent me on a trip through Covid denialism twitter and now i remember why i deleted my twitter