Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:smith:

Steam Summer Sale has started, there's £5 off £30 for purchases and a whole bunch of stuff well discounted on my wishlist :cool:

Is this a reboot of Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

MAD MAX is about done, 48hrs on the clock for the main story, all the side quests and about 80% of the open-world locations. It definitely picked up once your car and character upgraded past 'wet paper bag' status, though in doing a bunch of missions before really getting into the story I think I overpowered myself a bit and was wrecking effortlessly almost the whole way through. Some of the bigger battles where they throw 8 mixed skill dudes at you and four or five waves of similar all without any chance to heal up was fun though.

If you like open worlds, car smashing and very violent combat (late-game I did a 'Weapon execution' on a mook who was just getting to one knee and Max swung this big two-hand wasteland billhook like a loving golf club into his head, I was gently caress) def pick this up in a sale.

Like I said before, a good looking game as well.

also;

This is currently %75 off in the sale, if you like the Mad Max setting / Batman-punch-style combat it's well worth picking up for this pittance.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/234140/Mad_Max/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mad max is fine, but EXTREMELY ubisoft GO TO THE TOWER TO OPEN THE MAP AND GET A BUNCH OF ICONS OF THINGS YOU CAN DO style of gameplay. also the hunchback dude is really annoying since he has like three voice clips for when you're driving around whcih you do a lot of

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
mad max was a fun game to play while listening to podcasts or the soundtrack to brutal legend. also the thunderpoon was a fun mechanic

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
winced at picking up an early access game at first, but, glad I did pick up hardspace shipbreakers

shows a lot of promise and is already worth the price of admission

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I miss listening to my own music during games, I think when thps remake comes out I will start that again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wtf some purple loving ghost preying mantis thing just teleported me out of my seamoth and then tried to kill me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

wtf some purple loving ghost preying mantis thing just teleported me out of my seamoth and then tried to kill me

:allears:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

That freaked me out the first time too, especially as I was already running away from something else

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh and apparently the stasis rifle doesn’t even work on them, gently caress

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is currently %75 off in the sale, if you like the Mad Max setting / Batman-punch-style combat it's well worth picking up for this pittance.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/234140/Mad_Max/

i finished mad max, but i think i remember a game balance problem with it where a couple of the base upgrades fairly early on completely took away any of the desperate scavenging aspect that you'd expect from it

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Started playing Mad Max, solid so far! I like that it's not trying to be any ground breaking amazing world changing game and is just fun to tune up your car and go gently caress poo poo up.

Also playing Monster Hunter World which is grind-y as hell but lots of fun to play with your over leveled friends while on Discord.

How crash happy is Subnautica I was going to pick it up a while ago but reading all the reviews about lost saves scared me off. Is it any better on PS4?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im playing it on ps4 and it has frozen on me once. bigger issues are gently caress first person stuff with a controller, and frame rate issues sometimes. it stutters pretty bad when i surface, or if I’m scanning a common resource so too many instances show up on my hud

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Stardew Valley has like a quarter-million Steam reviews and seems to be the best-liked game ever made, what's so wonderful about it?

re: Mad Max, yeah when you upgrade a stronghold to always give full gas when you arrive (also full water / health etc) and you can fast travel there at any time really easily it does cut down on the 'empty wasteland' feeling.

Building the scavenger team so they pick up all the junk that is left after you trash enemy cars is such a good QOL upgrade though.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 30, 2020

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Sweet, I can live with that. I'll probably pick up Subnautica + Titanfall 2 soon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
reminder that the villain in the mad max game is named "scabrous scrotus"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I picked up Chimera Squad when it came out but still haven't messed with it because :effort:

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Stardew Valley has like a quarter-million Steam reviews and seems to be the best-liked game ever made, what's so wonderful about it?

re: Mad Max, yeah when you upgrade a stronghold to always give full gas when you arrive (also full water / health etc) and you can fast travel there at any time really easily it does cut down on the 'empty wasteland' feeling.

Building the scavenger team so they pick up all the junk that is left after you trash enemy cars is such a good QOL upgrade though.

i have lately been putting a stupid amount of time in to stardew valley

i think it's appeal is much the same as animal crossing or whatever in that it's a very chill game where you don't have to be on high alert at all times like a twitch shooter and a bit of there's always something happening tomorrow so you get sucked in to playing just one more (game) day

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

chill second-screen game which is sweet in how you can tell that it is a one-man passion project specifically for that niche.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Fabricated posted:

I picked up Chimera Squad when it came out but still haven't messed with it because :effort:

i just replayed xcom2 (wotc) and it scales nicely difficulty-wise

chimera squad doesn't look that appealing, xcom2 may have been the peak of turn-based squad strategy

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mr. Dr*ller Dr*ll World is really good. I'm really starting to like this Drilling character, and ihs extended universe.

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 30, 2020

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I played subnautica on ps4 and didn’t have any issues with corrupted saves or whatever. that’s probably an artifact from early access and version changes.

it does have issues with loading geometry\the landscape sometimes but that’s due to ps4 memory restrictions and slow hard drives, really

it’s absolutely worth dealing with the issues

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Hardspace shipbreaker is pretty good but keeps crashign when I'm about to finish salvaging a gecko. gonna take a break until it's updated

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I just remembered I bought this, made a lettuce patch and have never played again

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

my stepdads beer posted:

lol I just remembered I bought this, made a lettuce patch and have never played again

Watch out, we've got a badass over here.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Watch out, we've got a badass over here.

did you ditch the Norton's Niggas gangtag or was it taken from you?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bought the old fps XIII on steam last night, no pad support, refunded

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:getout:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i didn't grow up on fancy peesee shooters like you boys

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

i had this and played it about 75% through. i choose not to revisit because, i know

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

I remember that game only for its cel shading.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I remember that game only for its cel shading.
david duchovny voice acting!!

it was pretty mediocre gameplay but was an interesting experiment nonetheless

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

it's a good game and headshotting chumps with the crossbow is v. satisfying

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

another xbox/ps2 era fps that didn't get its due was urban chaos. the multiplayer in that was great

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

it's a good game and headshotting chumps with the crossbow is v. satisfying
i do recall the stealth/crossbow aspect being fun

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

astroneer is a cute little game

is this like subnautica but more cutesy? looks fun if it has survival bits

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i miss cel damage

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i played astroneer for awhile since it was free with the xbox game pass thing

it's alright and pretty enjoyable, just not a lot of plot to it and eventually you realize That's It, That's The Whole Game, and then i realized that my buddy had /actually/ told me about stationeer and so i was playing the wrong game from what i'd intended anyway

also just finished Outer Wilds last night and that was a very, very well done narrative game. kinda wish this were eligible for a hugo or nebula or something

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i think i’m almost finished control. don’t feel good about this doctor darling character at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i think i’m almost finished control. don’t feel good about this doctor darling character at all

he has a dynamite finish