Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thinking about getting either Treachery in Beatdown City or Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, tough decision

I've never played Treachery in Beatdown City, but I have played Friends of Ringo Ishikawa. Despite looking River City Ransom as gently caress it's not really much of a beat'em up at all, being more of a melancholic high school hoodlum slice of life simulator. Lots of wandering around, terse conversations in slightly bad English, stat grinding, that kinda thing. I bounced off it hard, but I can see how it'd appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Helith posted:

If you go and talk to Gabbro a second time on his island on the water planet he teaches you to meditate which is basically a reset button for your loop, you wake up back in the village without having to wait to die. Really handy.

Yeah but that's kind of a cop out. Like, oh great, I meditated through my gradual suffocation as I drifted alone in space. Well that makes it just peachy.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Wanna talk up my favorite Princess Maker of all time since it's only a dollar right now, Vlad the Impaler

You're visiting Wallachia, home of Vlad Tepes, investigating a murder most foul. You start by picking a few stats that will affect your ability to overcome challenges, wander the city (although you can't hit every place every day), make binary decisions that can succeed or fail but always advance the plot, and eventually find out what Vlad is up to (or die).

The whole thing has hand-drawn art for every scene and a minimalist sound effect and score setup, and :siren: it's one. whole. dollar. :siren: and it's the best game in its genre since Long Live the Queen

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BobTheJanitor posted:

I was ready to jump on this game as soon as it released, and then I saw some reviews mentioning that it has an arbitrary 15 minute timer for your work day, and that kind of killed my interest. I glanced through the forums to see if there was any chance they were going to redesign that, and there's a lot of argument, but no sign of a change coming. There's a bunch of defenders alternatively saying that the timer is meaningless and not to worry about it, or that the timer is there to add challenge, and I'm not even sure how those things can both be true. But I see a game about methodically disassembling space ships and it sounds like a great chill game. Something like House Flipper or Viscera Cleanup Detail. But then slap a timer on top of that and it seems like it would ruin the vibe without adding anything fun. :shrug:

You should absolutely get it. People have already mentioned it so i'm just adding to the dog-pile, but as someone who didn't like timers in like Dead Rising and stuff and was iffy going in, it is a completely 100% non-issue in Shipbreaker. Trust me on that, you won't even think about it really. Completely and thoroughly trivial and you can ignore it, but it's actually important as well because you want to internally optimize your efficacy and it really helps hone your skill, but you also don't need to at all. You have as much time as you could ever want to disassemble a ship and it's plenty of time to think about "ok im gunna gut the shell and pop it open like a fish fillet and then start harvesting the reactor and computers". At the very worst there is Free Play without any restrictions; however, it works better in career mode because of it. You should give it a shot and it is extremely chill and a good podcast game too. It helps there are no failure states either. i absolutely guarantee you won't feel pressured at all once you start gutting up ships, and again i'm speaking from someone that also was skeptical about timers having hated them in Dead Rising and such.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 30, 2020

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Xaris posted:

You should absolutely get it. People have already mentioned it so i'm just adding to the dog-pile, but as someone who didn't like timers in like Dead Rising and stuff and was iffy going in, it is a completely 100% non-issue in Shipbreaker. Trust me on that, you won't even think about it really. Completely and thoroughly trivial and you can ignore it, but it's actually important as well because you want to internally optimize your efficacy and it really helps hone your skill, but you also don't need to at all. You have as much time as you could ever want to disassemble a ship and it's plenty of time to think about "ok im gunna gut the shell and pop it open like a fish fillet and then start harvesting the reactor and computers". At the very worst there is Free Play without any restrictions; however, it works better in career mode because of it. You should give it a shot and it is extremely chill and a good podcast game too. It helps there are no failure states either. i absolutely guarantee you won't feel pressured at all once you start gutting up ships, and again i'm speaking from someone that also was skeptical about timers having hated them in Dead Rising and such.

Just to offer a counterpoint, the time limit bugs the heck out of me and I'm waiting to see if they remove it (preferably replacing it with alternative sources of tension) before I keep playing. I just find it really hard to enjoy looking over a ship and puzzling out how I'm going to approach it when there's a clock on the screen that kicks me out to the menu and deducts some fake currency when it ticks down to zero.

Personally I would be motivated to keep improving my efficiency even without a timer. If they stuck a "net dollars earned per minute" stat on the results screen then the compulsion to Make Number Bigger would be more powerful than any time limit.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Helith posted:

If you go and talk to Gabbro a second time on his island on the water planet he teaches you to meditate which is basically a reset button for your loop, you wake up back in the village without having to wait to die. Really handy.

you can also just quit to the menu as i learned last night when brittle hollow uh...disintegrated around me? destroying my ship but not me so i was just left floating there

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
hot tip, if you find yourself floating in space you can jet around until your fuel is gone, which will then start using your oxygen until you suffocate

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Radiation Cow posted:

Xander77 was kind enough to gift me World's End, which I've spent a couple of hours playing today. It's a Harvest Moon-alike which is actually a pretty fun alternative to Stardew Valley. It doesn't have the polish of Stardew Valley, but it's got its own style. It feels closer to OG Harvest Moons in how it controls and there's a diverse cast of characters to meet up with. And you start off with a doggo, which instantly gives it a 10/10 in my book.

This sounded somewhat interesting to me, but it's called World's Dawn.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Perimeter: ah right it wants to run in 800x600 and needs a patch from a Russian website to work and I'm not up for that yet.

Oh man! I forgot about this game! I bought this way back when, and it ran like rear end on my computer and then I forgot about it. But now perhaps I have waited too long...

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Some Distant Memory is a lovely little walking sim of a game. The visuals are pretty, the characters are well written, the story develops very well and the ending brings it all together well. Felt the perfect length for a single sitting at 2.5-3 hours, it didn't waste any of that time. It's 45% off and a great buy if you want this type of game. I enjoyed it so much I had to leave a first Steam review.

Played through Firewatch in a single 4 hour sitting yesterday and that was very enjoyable too, though I liked SDM much more. Can't go wrong at $4.99 in the current sale for this one either.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Is there any reason to get Fable: The Lost Chapters over Fable: Anniversary, or vice-versa? Fable: TLC isn't on sale, but Fable Anniversary is.

I don't know what the differences are between the two, other than that Fable Anniversary has fancier graphics.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Max Wilco posted:

Is there any reason to get Fable: The Lost Chapters over Fable: Anniversary, or vice-versa? Fable: TLC isn't on sale, but Fable Anniversary is.

I don't know what the differences are between the two, other than that Fable Anniversary has fancier graphics.

Its almost entirely just fancier graphics for Anniversary vs TLC. There are some minor physics tweaks but they're essentially the same game

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Where is Fable IV?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jamfrost posted:

Where is Fable IV?

Fell into a Kinect shaped hole

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wasn't there a cancelled Fable that was some sort of team-based defense game?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Samuringa posted:

Wasn't there a cancelled Fable that was some sort of team-based defense game?

The only one I remember was the thing where one player was like a DM and would decide what enemies the other players would fight. Also there was that weird Kinect game where you just drive a cart around on rails, but I think that came out.

There might have also been a card game? Microsoft loves making Fable spinoffs that nobody wants.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I honestly completely forgot about the Kinect Fable: The Journey. I hope to forget about it again soon.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Jamfrost posted:

Where is Fable IV?

Just this week folks sniffed out currently-dormant Twitter accounts for Fable and Perfect Dark of all things so the possibility exists.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Fable 3 was such a half assed mess. I guess Fable 2 was the good one of the three but it never came to Steam.

Max Wilco posted:

Lost Chapters doesn't have controller support.

I grabbed Anniversary during last year's summer sale and went through all of the content/achievements. It's SO disappointingly short and easy. Every single piece of content and Steam says I only have 18 hours of playtime. It's buggy and not good at all by today's standards... or even the standards of 10 years ago.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 30, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I picked up Raft after tossing around the idea to buy it for the past few sales on it and it's pretty fun! I've barely seen anything yet as I'm still on a 3x3 raft right now but I like the progression so far. It reminds me a lot of that skyblock mod for Minecraft.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

StrixNebulosa posted:

opinion post time as I sort through my gift train haul - I'm playing things for 5-15 minutes and judging them:

Rabi-Ribi: the most anime metroidvania ever. I'm down for playing more, as I savequit just as I found the hammer.

Harvest: Massive Encounter: "i'm an RTS" no you're not, you're a cool tower defense with resource collection. Yeah I want more.

Forget Me Not: Click click click. Yep it's an idle/clicker but I like the weird off-putting aesthetic as I grow kidneys.

:yayclod:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Disgusting Coward posted:

I've never played Treachery in Beatdown City, but I have played Friends of Ringo Ishikawa. Despite looking River City Ransom as gently caress it's not really much of a beat'em up at all, being more of a melancholic high school hoodlum slice of life simulator. Lots of wandering around, terse conversations in slightly bad English, stat grinding, that kinda thing. I bounced off it hard, but I can see how it'd appeal.

Thanks, I ended up going with Treachery... also Sunless Skies and Outer Wilds (the latter being what I immediately jumped into and am now obsessed with)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Jamfrost posted:

Where is Fable IV?

The Forza Horzion devs have been rumoured to be working on it for a few years, I believe. This is from a few years back, but there have been some rumblings that it's still happening.

There is a new Xbox coming out this year, possible launch window game?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I was thinking of finally playing GTAIV. Like anybody my age I'm a GTA fan but I always used cheats and then the shiny new hardware in the PS3 meant my days of using GameShark and Codebreaker for GTA were over. I certainly didn't have a PC that could run the game. Well now I do and it looks like Rockstar are determined to continually make the worst PC port for the game. I remember all the negative reviews for the game on Steam solely due to the port's quality. This latest version from a few months ago - which I just learned about - fixed none of the game's issues and also removed music.

GTAIII was a lifechanger for me and millions of other video game fans and GTA4 looks really cool and interesting but Rockstar are apparently a particularly inept and soulless company determined to make their good game as bad as possible.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Its a shame GTAIV had such a crappy port because its still my favorite GTA game story-wise. The buddy mechanic was really cool and I'd invite people to go bowling or go drinking or eating and hear more about their backstories. They all had conversations based on where you were at in the story as well, so it was always worth it to hang out and see what they had to say. I had a handful of gameplay sessions where all I did was chill out and hang with Niko's friends, not bothering to do the story missions but to see what everyone was up to. Both DLCs were rad. Ballad of Gay Tony is probably my favorite, but both have their place in the greater story they contribute to. Another demerit to GTAIV is that, like most rockstar games, it has a pretty long sequence of tutorials. Things move at a very leisurely pace for the first quarter of the game and its easy to lose interest when you're doing low grade extortion jobs for your habitually lying cousin.

That all said, I still think its worth playing. As good as GTA V is gameplay wise, it didn't really have what I loved so much about IV.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

A while ago, we had a heated discussion about Partisans.

Well ....based on the demo, it straight-facedly regurgitates every single Russian WWII cliche, like a pastiche of the worst possible movie and story beats, gathered into a single intro level and sprinkled with half-assed comedy German accents, made by people who have no real connection to the events. It may in fact be straight up propaganda.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So just like every american game/movie/book about WWII then?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

buglord posted:

Its a shame GTAIV had such a crappy port because its still my favorite GTA game story-wise. The buddy mechanic was really cool and I'd invite people to go bowling or go drinking or eating and hear more about their backstories. They all had conversations based on where you were at in the story as well, so it was always worth it to hang out and see what they had to say. I had a handful of gameplay sessions where all I did was chill out and hang with Niko's friends, not bothering to do the story missions but to see what everyone was up to. Both DLCs were rad. Ballad of Gay Tony is probably my favorite, but both have their place in the greater story they contribute to. Another demerit to GTAIV is that, like most rockstar games, it has a pretty long sequence of tutorials. Things move at a very leisurely pace for the first quarter of the game and its easy to lose interest when you're doing low grade extortion jobs for your habitually lying cousin.

That all said, I still think its worth playing. As good as GTA V is gameplay wise, it didn't really have what I loved so much about IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

Yeah I've seen enough of GTAIV to know it's something special, which is why I want to play it. I recall a lot of poo poo about its driving and story back in the day but it's aged remarkably well I think precisely because of its unique tone and mechanics. GTAIII was crazy hell yeah fun but that can only go so far and GTA Vice City started to have something resembling a plot. San Andreas, in spits of its goofiness, had a pretty hardcore, serious storyline. GTAIV was the logical conclusion of where the series was going and it looks like it did it really well. Niko is certainly the only GTA Protagonist I've ever actually cared about. Maybe Well, I liked Vic from GTA Vice City Stories if anybody remembers that game. The Stories games have tragically been lost to time it seems.

But yeah I'm gonna get it and give it a try and hope it works better than it did for a lot of other people.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Has anyone tried Planet Zoo or EDF 5? I'm debating between the two as my last big steam sale thing... the former looks awesome but I bounced off Planet Coaster pretty hard, mainly on account of how finnicky setting up the rails and roads was. EDF is EDF, but I played 4 recently and I've been told that 5 is basically just 4 with more missions and some QoL stuff?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Well ....based on the demo, it straight-facedly regurgitates every single Russian WWII cliche, like a pastiche of the worst possible movie and story beats, gathered into a single intro level and sprinkled with half-assed comedy German accents, made by people who have no real connection to the events. It may in fact be straight up propaganda.

I mean as long as it's not nazi propaganda I'm not sure I see why it's a problem at this point. Like it's not ideal but I'm struggling to care.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Omi no Kami posted:

Has anyone tried Planet Zoo or EDF 5? I'm debating between the two as my last big steam sale thing... the former looks awesome but I bounced off Planet Coaster pretty hard, mainly on account of how finnicky setting up the rails and roads was. EDF is EDF, but I played 4 recently and I've been told that 5 is basically just 4 with more missions and some QoL stuff?

EDF5 adds a ton of new weapons, majorly rebalances most of the old ones, and replaces Hectors with enemies that have actual AI and location damage--just like human beings!!!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean as long as it's not nazi propaganda I'm not sure I see why it's a problem at this point. Like it's not ideal but I'm struggling to care.

if it does that thing where the US forces are all shining heroes then it's still Nazi propaganda

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 30, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Omi no Kami posted:

Planet Zoo definitely adds more to the management side of things, you actually have to care for animals rather than just build them an enclosure and that's it.

BUT, if you didn't like the finickiness of Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo is more of the same. A million different parts to build your dream zoo, but yeah, it can be overwhelming and a pain in the rear end. I'd say it's almost more overwhelming than Coaster, because at least with coaster there were premade rides you could plop down. Zoo doesn't have any premade enclosures at all (other than basic small animal habitats), so EVERYTHING has to be built from scratch.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Xander77 posted:

My issue with it is it's just kinda dry and sterile. Lacks any of the charm of Shadow Tactics or Desperados 3. I don't mind WW2 cliche so long as it's entertaining and suitably hammy, like Call of Duty 1, 2 and World at War. I wouldn't call this propaganda, but I would say it's incredibly lazy.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So just like every american game/movie/book about WWII then?

Give America some credit, Tora! Tora! Tora! (Pearl Harbour, co-produced by both an American and a Japanese production team covering Pearl Harbour from both sides) and A Bridge Too Far (Operation Market Garden, the airborne invasion of the Netherlands and one of the few Allied operational defeats nearer to the end of the war from the American, British, German, Dutch Resistance and Polish perspectives) are masterpieces that are fastidiously accurate and distanced from the propaganda and cliche, and there's even a fantastic game that covers Operation Market Garden: Close Combat 2 - A Bridge Too Far. I know you were just being snarky, but I'm gonna take every chance I can to recommend these films and that game.

Also if you want to laugh at a dumb fat Nazi getting totally dunked on, watch Battle of Britain. "Is there anything you want?" "Yes, a squadron of Spitfires." Get hosed Goering.

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

Yeah I've seen enough of GTAIV to know it's something special, which is why I want to play it. I recall a lot of poo poo about its driving and story back in the day but it's aged remarkably well I think precisely because of its unique tone and mechanics. GTAIII was crazy hell yeah fun but that can only go so far and GTA Vice City started to have something resembling a plot. San Andreas, in spits of its goofiness, had a pretty hardcore, serious storyline. GTAIV was the logical conclusion of where the series was going and it looks like it did it really well. Niko is certainly the only GTA Protagonist I've ever actually cared about. Maybe Well, I liked Vic from GTA Vice City Stories if anybody remembers that game. The Stories games have tragically been lost to time it seems.

But yeah I'm gonna get it and give it a try and hope it works better than it did for a lot of other people.

I liked Michael and Franklin in GTAV, they had a good dynamic and a solid narrative thread of wanting to get out of the life of crime but being continuously dragged back in or enjoying the high once again. GTAV gets shat on a bit too much IMHO, even though it does have the extremely cringy attempts at satire which have really aged poorly, it's also got a lot of really nice character moments, especially if you make use of the buddy system and invite other characters to hang out as well as the fantastic heist missions. GTAIV's Niko was a bit too dour for my liking, but he was a pretty good human character, and IV really does have a hell of a lot more simple human drama instead of larger than life nonsense. I'dve preferred him as a side character though, which is why I guess I prefer Johnny and Luis from Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony, since in their plots he is a side character.

Also, don't blame Rockstar for removing music. That's just licensing bullshit, and with someone as big as them, license holders probably would take action.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Stuff like Enemy at the Gates has greatly hurt understanding of Eastern Front history, playing up the very pro-Nazi "they're unwashed hordes of Eastern European savages that'll charge at you without guns!!!!", which is why I'm only really for it if it's super hammed up. That and it's always pretty gross to let history just get rewritten like that. It's better to think of the real Eastern Front more like a primarily ground based version of the Pacific Theatre, though that's an over simplification. The Soviets just got better than the Germans in every way after the first 6-12 months.

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 30, 2020

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Planet Zoo definitely adds more to the management side of things, you actually have to care for animals rather than just build them an enclosure and that's it.

BUT, if you didn't like the finickiness of Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo is more of the same. A million different parts to build your dream zoo, but yeah, it can be overwhelming and a pain in the rear end. I'd say it's almost more overwhelming than Coaster, because at least with coaster there were premade rides you could plop down. Zoo doesn't have any premade enclosures at all (other than basic small animal habitats), so EVERYTHING has to be built from scratch.

How finicky are the fences/footpaths/passenger routing? That was my main gripe with planet coaster- I'd see exactly what I wanted to do, but then it'd take like 3-5 minutes of clicking and deleting in order to get the frigging roads to connect to the frigging rides, and even then I'd semi-regularly mis-configure things and not realize they weren't operational.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Omi no Kami posted:

How finicky are the fences/footpaths/passenger routing? That was my main gripe with planet coaster- I'd see exactly what I wanted to do, but then it'd take like 3-5 minutes of clicking and deleting in order to get the frigging roads to connect to the frigging rides, and even then I'd semi-regularly mis-configure things and not realize they weren't operational.

Placing stuff is pretty much the exact same.

If I was you, I'd go the "Steam demo" route and play it for an hour and then do a refund if you don't like it. The one thing it does better than Coaster is it has very extensive tutorials, so you can get in quick, get introduced to the mechanics, and you can get a good opinion if it's something you can deal with.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Shrecknet posted:

You're visiting Wallachia, home of Vlad Tepes, investigating a murder most foul. You start by picking a few stats that will affect your ability to overcome challenges, wander the city (although you can't hit every place every day), make binary decisions that can succeed or fail but always advance the plot, and eventually find out what Vlad is up to (or die).

The whole thing has hand-drawn art for every scene and a minimalist sound effect and score setup, and :siren: it's one. whole. dollar. :siren: and it's the best game in its genre since Long Live the Queen
Well, you sold me on that. For a dollar, I am down with probably getting eaten by a vampire.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Placing stuff is pretty much the exact same.

If I was you, I'd go the "Steam demo" route and play it for an hour and then do a refund if you don't like it. The one thing it does better than Coaster is it has very extensive tutorials, so you can get in quick, get introduced to the mechanics, and you can get a good opinion if it's something you can deal with.

Ooh there's a demo? Frigging awesome, thanks! I didn't even notice- now I know what I'm doing with the next few hours. :)

Edit: Ooh you mean Steam "demo", derp, still trying it for an hour- thanks again. :)

Omi no Kami fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 30, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Omi no Kami posted:

Ooh there's a demo? Frigging awesome, thanks! I didn't even notice- now I know what I'm doing with the next few hours. :)

Uhhh, a paid "demo".

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Omi no Kami posted:

EDF5 is miles better than EDF4.1. Armor and weapon drops are spread around all classes, with a bias to your class. Weapons get individual upgrades so weapon drops don't become useless after 50 hours. AI Fencers know how to dash around and Fencers themselves are now very fast without using cheats or certain poo poo weapon setups. The DLC decoys also dance and sing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Eurojank Publisher Focus Home Interactive has acquired one of the last longtime independent German developers Deck 13 (The Surge etc.)

https://gamasutra.com/view/news/365510/Focus_Home_Interactive_acquires_Lords_of_the_Fallen_dev_Deck13_for_79M.php

they had relations before so it's not surprising, I doubt much will change.