Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

We all get songs stuck in our head sometimes and if one of the things people say to do is to listen to the song that you have stuck in your head to get it out. Okay so perhaps when you listen to it it signals it to be rereleased to the collective unconscious to go and infect someone else's brain for a while. Just a thought I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I forgot a question mark in the thread title

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Oh poo poo breh

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
no that's stupid sid i'm pretty sure the answer is that i'm a psychic wizard from the future and if you don't bend to my every whim the world will end and it'll be your fault

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
A song stuck in your head that you have to enact to be free of?

What if I told you that your every enaction had the same roots? That you are the flute, and not the sound

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/L120BJV.mp4

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what if i told you that in this day and age it's easier than ever to trace back every thought you've ever had to the stimuli that created it and smarter people than you are either wracked with guilt or laughing at you, given this understanding

now let's get into facial recognition software that ignores your expressions themselves and looks at the blood vessels in your face (which are apparently like finger-prints? i dunno) to determine your emotional states and how much that devalues all that it is to be human given that it's going to be some would be mcdonalds employees job to sort through all the "angry" faces when the future glorious leader says something like "THE BREAD LINES ARE GOING TO GET LONGER" and mark them for execution so that actually the bread lines get shorter, thus proving them wrong not only mathematically but intuitively

The Cockler fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 30, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or like when someone says they listen to “conscious hip hop”, basically saying “most of these assholes are real dumbshits but there’s a few good ones”, it’s like “way to sell out an entire culture of people rear end in a top hat”, I’m gonna go listen to icp and swallow a 3 liter of faygo whole and let that poo poo hit my stomach all at once while you try to act like a house boy for your loving Gone With the Wind-rear end record label and talk about how putting a violin in the track suddenly makes hip-hop a thinking man’s game.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
pfffft haha poo poo holy gently caress i want to be completely clear out in the open here i really did think you were the other guy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

This is amazing thank you naem

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

glad you posted this thread its been stuck in my head for 3 years

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The_Continental posted:

glad you posted this thread its been stuck in my head for 3 years

youre free now

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Or like when someone says they listen to “conscious hip hop”, basically saying “most of these assholes are real dumbshits but there’s a few good ones”, it’s like “way to sell out an entire culture of people rear end in a top hat”, I’m gonna go listen to icp and swallow a 3 liter of faygo whole and let that poo poo hit my stomach all at once while you try to act like a house boy for your loving Gone With the Wind-rear end record label and talk about how putting a violin in the track suddenly makes hip-hop a thinking man’s game.

The fifth element of hip hop is "knowledge" according to known diddler Afrika Bambaataa

naem
May 29, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

This is amazing thank you naem
https://i.imgur.com/rVeYx97.gifv

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

She is amazing

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
yeah that proves it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this thread has been redeemed

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017

Alan 00X fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 30, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Continental posted:

The fifth element of hip hop is "knowledge" according to known diddler Afrika Bambaataa

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Proof of the collective? unconscious

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas I got to get myself away from this place I said yep wha

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Finally proopf

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Poop is collective consciousness. We all do it, billionaires to bugs.

Its the one thing we all relate with.

My Pigs Huge Balls
Jun 4, 2020

The Cockler posted:

what if i told you that in this day and age it's easier than ever to trace back every thought you've ever had to the stimuli that created it and smarter people than you are either wracked with guilt or laughing at you, given this understanding

:yeah: !!

~my wife~ and I have this game that we play where we call each other out on our unoriginal thoughts and where they initially came from. It's infuriating and uplifting and builds a better marriage where we both hate the entire world and everyone in it and basically free will doesn't exist lol (LOL)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've had the monster mash stuck in my head for TEN YEARS

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

We all get songs stuck in our head sometimes and if one of the things people say to do is to listen to the song that you have stuck in your head to get it out. Okay so perhaps when you listen to it it signals it to be rereleased to the collective unconscious to go and infect someone else's brain for a while. Just a thought I had.

(Sniffs OP's cigarette suspiciously.)

Thread redeemed. Everyone pls vote for this for the GBS theme song, tia.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Walrus posted:

I've had the monster mash stuck in my head for TEN YEARS

It's a graveyard smash!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Once my wife and I were driving and a song ended. I started singing the chorus of a song and then the radio started playing it. My wife freaked out.

Two possibilities:

I received a radio signal in my brain

Or

Time is a flat circle

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

I still think 'Stripper Magician' is better.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I too discovered Caroline Konstnar the other day and was thinking of the right thread to post it in. I'd say that's proof of the subconscious and so on which is secretly what actually powers the youtube algorithm.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

WTF is the source of this? Is there a YT?

Mooey Cow posted:

Caroline Konstnar

Thanks

Jeffrey Dahmer fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 30, 2020

naem
May 29, 2011

The Cockler posted:

I sure hope they don’t find out about my nine inch logn penis

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

this was viral marketing for a movie that I don't think ever launched
it just shows you how incredibly dumb and easily swayed we are, like when slenderman became real

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Coolness Averted posted:

this was viral marketing for a movie that I don't think ever launched
it just shows you how incredibly dumb and easily swayed we are, like when slenderman became real

oh my god was it really that's so loving dissapoint I hate everythne again

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
hey sid did u kno

we're all 1 consciousness

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sid Vicious posted:

oh my god was it really that's so loving dissapoint I hate everythne again

im sorry sid :(

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

My Pigs Huge Balls posted:

:yeah: !!

~my wife~ and I have this game that we play where we call each other out on our unoriginal thoughts and where they initially came from. It's infuriating and uplifting and builds a better marriage where we both hate the entire world and everyone in it and basically free will doesn't exist lol (LOL)

I love this; do you perchance have an example or two?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I had a roommate in college who wouldn't shut the gently caress up about Waking Life and lucid dreaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
E we're all holograms projected into lesser 4d space, the real world is dimensions yet beyond