Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928835

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I think it depends on if its an actual audio file store in a control module or if its a sound tube in the engine bay like you would find on THIS HAKONE GREEN TOYOTA GT86!

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
That is a very cool car.

From my research it seems like some of the newer Honda Civics have this feature, like the Si and the Type-R. Unfortunately, I only have a 2018 Honda Fit Sport with the 6MT, which does not have the fake engine sounds feature. It would of course have to be a Honda for the hilarious joke to work.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
wow OP already failed at the car game, 2/10 mediocre

I think this mostly-green 1958 Kaiser Jeep M54A2 would be better with fake engine sounds because then at least it would have some sort of engine sounds :smith:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Have you considered something lighter and more agile, such as this 1992 Honda Del Sol in Samba Green?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I bet you wouldn't even need fake engine noise with this lovely WHITE HONDA DEL SOL!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Fake engine noise? Pfffft. How about fake vaccuum cleaner noise from my HARD MODE White Subaru Impreza?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
How about no noise from my HARD MODE white Renault Zoe?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My hard mode white Subaru Outback makes terrible noises.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My Hard Mode while 986 Boxster will make terrible noises when the IMS bearing gives up.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My Hard mode white Volvo V70 makes very little engine noise because it's my daily and I like it well muffled.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's a beautiful wagon, shame the headlights don't go flap-flap like they did on my hard mode 1988 Honda Accord

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

STR posted:

That's a beautiful wagon, shame the headlights don't go flap-flap like they did on my hard mode 1988 Honda Accord

I'm kinda partial to the popups on this white '88 Toyota Supra to be honest...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm kinda partial to the popups on this white '88 Toyota Supra to be honest...

The 3rd gen Supra is better in hard mode black 86.5'

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

cursedshitbox posted:

The 3rd gen Supra is better in hard mode black 86.5'

It hadn't even hit its prime. Might as well get something that handles better and is easy to work on like a BMW E36 M3 (hard mode)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It hadn't even hit its prime. Might as well get something that handles better and is easy to work on like a BMW E36 M3 (hard mode)

Handing? Got all the handling anybody would ever want with this black 1986 prelude SI

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

cursedshitbox posted:

Handing? Got all the handling anybody would ever want with this black 1986 prelude SI

Ain't no induction like the forced induction of my hard mode black 2005 Mazdaspeed Protege

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Those flap flap Supra headlights are pretty amazing, but this hardmode black 1988 Honda Accord LXi was shockingly fun to drive for a sedan.

(e: not my pic, but mine was identical, right down to the pinstripes...)

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

STR posted:

Those flap flap Supra headlights are pretty amazing, but this hardmode black 1988 Honda Accord LXi was shockingly fun to drive for a sedan.

(e: not my pic, but mine was identical, right down to the pinstripes...)
Skip the sedan part, add more fun and convenient parallel parking with the hard mode black 2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (aka "Miata").

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

This hard mode white 2004 MX-5 Miata's sound tube is THE WHOLE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fake noise isn't needed when you have a Hardmode White 2004 Cayenne V8with a borescored motor

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
The pinnacle of v8 luxury: Hardmode white 1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Let's go back to the loving future with a hardmode white 1981 DeLorean DMC-12

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

heffray posted:

Skip the sedan part, add more fun and convenient parallel parking with the hard mode black 2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (aka "Miata").

I presume you took this picture because of how hard the people parking around you hosed you over. Or did you really successfully park that poo poo?

Midjack posted:

Let's go back to the loving future with a hardmode white 1981 DeLorean DMC-12

If you really own a white DeLorean that's a thread winner right there.

Continuing the game with my hard mode white Volvo 960

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Forget that Swedish meatball, what you need is a hard mode white Cadillac ATS.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Forget that Swedish meatball, what you need is a hard mode white Cadillac ATS.

Nah, go foreign, hard mode white Lexus LS 400

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Bah, if it's too reliable it's not fun. I'd go with this hard mode foam white Porsche Boxster

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Reliability is overrated. Go british. Hardmode 1990 Jaguar xj6 sovereign

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

This is why I stopped doing car games, they can all devolve into csb and I hardmode posting for days. Hardmode white 2003 BMW 530i

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

meatpimp posted:

This is why I stopped doing car games, they can all devolve into csb and I hardmode posting for days. Hardmode white 2003 BMW 530i

This makes me wish I had more old car pictures around: I don't think I have any pictures of my hard mode white 1991 Civic Si. The car was kind of a mess: purchased from a friend that couldn't get it through emissions with a JDM B16 swap (with JDM ECU), so he traded the drivetrain to another friend for a D16 + cash. We got the car running again, I took it in & failed emissions, then I figured a new aftermarket cat & new midpipe would be good to swap in. $300 later, the exhaust guy at the shop asked who hollowed out my existing cat. Having a working cat resolved the emissions issue, but I didn't keep the car for long anyway. I kind of miss it, but I didn't have the mental or financial budget to fix everything properly and if I had, it would have just been stolen within a couple years.

LloydDobler posted:

I presume you took this picture because of how hard the people parking around you hosed you over. Or did you really successfully park that poo poo?
Successfully parked: that's a couple blocks from Pike Place Market on a weekend, and street parking was challenging to find. I parked that with no contact, this is another thing Miatas are good at.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

heffray posted:

This makes me wish I had more old car pictures around: I don't think I have any pictures of my hard mode white 1991 Civic Si. The car was kind of a mess: purchased from a friend that couldn't get it through emissions with a JDM B16 swap (with JDM ECU), so he traded the drivetrain to another friend for a D16 + cash. We got the car running again, I took it in & failed emissions, then I figured a new aftermarket cat & new midpipe would be good to swap in. $300 later, the exhaust guy at the shop asked who hollowed out my existing cat. Having a working cat resolved the emissions issue, but I didn't keep the car for long anyway. I kind of miss it, but I didn't have the mental or financial budget to fix everything properly and if I had, it would have just been stolen within a couple years.

Successfully parked: that's a couple blocks from Pike Place Market on a weekend, and street parking was challenging to find. I parked that with no contact, this is another thing Miatas are good at.

Regular difficulty 2002 Civic Si in white, really wish they'd given it the K20A2.

LloydDobler posted:

you really own a white DeLorean that's a thread winner right there.

Cards on the table, I cheated a little on that one but we did have one in the family. My real estate developer uncle had a new car every time mom and dad saw him, and he briefly had one of these in that color when they were being sold new. I supposedly got to sit in it, but nobody has any pictures of that happening and I couldn't find any of the car itself so that image is from the internet.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Forget hatchbacks, what you need to import is a ute from australia, much like my hardmode white 2006 Falcon ute.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If it's going to be white it should be authentic 80s cocaine white like on my hard mode 88 Supra

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

hard mode 2001? Cadillac Deville in authentic Diamond White Pearl (which absolutely sucks to touch up or match)

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 ACR

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

This is why I stopped doing car games, they can all devolve into csb and I hardmode posting for days.

Yea no kiddin

Laura-4-Lyfe posted:

2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 ACR

Domestics? alright
hard mode white 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited in its natural habitat. (4.0!)

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 2, 2020

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Domestics? alright
hard mode white 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited in its natural habitat. (4.0!)

I can go German

1971 Porsche 914 with working fuel injection

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Hard mode white 1991 Jeep Comanche

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
How about this hard mode white 1993 Volvo 850 Estate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Needs more cargo capacity. diamond white pearl 2005 Cadillac Escalade (looks yellow next to the white 530i and white Juke)