Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Warner was only ever involved w/ distribution I think. Iwinski's rich but if I'm not mistaken that valuation was based off a temporary spike in CDPR shares. Regardless, it's not like EA or Activision didn't have bigger funds at their disposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Bicyclops posted:

Public transit is cool, but in the context of a video game, what does it add that fast travel doesn't, really?

Fast travel is better when the process has some in-game representation, instead of just clicking an icon on a map.
They could use taxis, I guess. But you lose a space that could be used to flesh out the world, or as alternative routes to other places.
And abandoned stations can be cool.

And also

doingitwrong posted:

something to throw your enemies in front of
It's another system that you can interact with.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

Warner was only ever involved w/ distribution I think. Iwinski's rich but if I'm not mistaken that valuation was based off a temporary spike in CDPR shares. Regardless, it's not like EA or Activision didn't have bigger funds at their disposal.

Though yeah T2 similarly let's Rockstar go all out with their games.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Looking at some of the b-roll: how much fuckin money is going into the production of this thing. Jesus

I'd heard ~200 million including marketing, which is more than double what went into Witcher 3, and that game hardly skimped on its production.

Edit: that's a Rockstar tier production budget.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 30, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

But if the game doesn't have the budget and dev-time of Star Citizen then what's the point? Why have I not been to buy a JPEG of a car with real-world money?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

But if the game doesn't have the budget and dev-time of Star Citizen then what's the point? Why have I not been to buy a JPEG of a car with real-world money?

It's not far off! Cyberpunk's first announcement trailer was 2013; the same year as Star Citizen's Kickstarter.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 30, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i wonder what star citizen will look like in 2 years when games with a fraction of its budget are using RTX lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Statutory Ape posted:

i wonder what star citizen will look like in 2 years when games with a fraction of its budget are using RTX lol

It's already implemented, just squint harder at the test footage.

*Turns on option, TR 3990X hits 900% load on all 64 threads, melts*

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
imagine night city but it's just one city on one planet and there's a hundred more planets out there and each one has a hundred cities as detailed and as story rich as cp2077 so of course star citizen is going to take longer to develop

honestly it's like you people know nothing about game development

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

a gently caress ton. CDPR made a gently caress ton of bank, plus they have the polish government and Warner brothers pumping money partly. plus the CEO is billionaire and putting a bunch of his money back into it as well.

Plus this is practically the only form of blockbuster coming out this year, what with the movie industry going on hiatus.

It’s going going to make so much money regardless of how well it’s received.

boba fetacheese
Dec 12, 2000

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Fun fact: I may actually be the first person to coin this term with relationship to videogames. I'm welcome to be wrong, but I think the first usage of this term with relation to videogames was in Action Quake 2.

From a couple pages back, but I gotta say AQ2 and AHL were the absolute best.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

usually I find trailer breakdowns pretty dumb but this has a bunch of stuff I never would have noticed otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHZV9cL9Cs

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

boba fetacheese posted:

From a couple pages back, but I gotta say AQ2 and AHL were the absolute best.

ahl was naice

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Inspector Gesicht posted:

They gave a few PNGs of cars (and a bike!) away for free on GOG in that media package.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

BabyFur Denny posted:

Hmm she wonders how tattoos develop in the future while at the same time complaining how tattoos develop in the future? I'm sure 2077 tattoos won't fade or scar. The nanobots in the ink will make sure.

In fairness, the texture for her skin and how the tattoo's blend with it does look properly poo poo. Shin shader looks like plastic too. A lot of games have done it much better in the last 6+ years.
It looks like someone grabbed a pack of assorted vector designs and copied them around the skin map.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

AirRaid posted:

They gave a few PNGs of cars (and a bike!) away for free on GOG in that media package.

downloading the car is very cyberpunk

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
oh no, they got rid of the remote controlled car gameplay which is generally considered the worst aspect of every open-world game since San Andreas :derp:

-The Forums, unironically

Can someone mod a cyberdog into the cyberapartment to salve this wound?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do you interact with others like that pretty often?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Back Hack posted:

Plus this is practically the only form of blockbuster coming out this year, what with the movie industry going on hiatus.

It’s going going to make so much money regardless of how well it’s received.

pretty much. other big games are coming out, but they are part of big series(AC/COD/etc) ghost of tshima looks good though.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Reminds me of Metal Gear Rising where you chop a dudes arms and legs off and that's considered to be a non-lethal takedown.

That is clearly just a flesh wound.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
In a world where millions of people are walking around with cybernetics, perfectly smooth skin with tattoos that look airbrushed does make sense.

Anyway, where's my Mr. Studd implant? And why isn't there a Mrs. Studd implant? Why does she have to be married, why isn't it Ms. Studd? Why is it Midnight Lady and not Midnight Daddy

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Please, Mr. Studd is my father's name. Call me Hugh.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

If it's the future and tattoo ink has gotten better, then everyone would be covered in cool UV ink tattoos. That would be very cyberpunk.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

gently caress SNEEP posted:

If it's the future and tattoo ink has gotten better, then everyone would be covered in cool UV ink tattoos. That would be very cyberpunk.

I'm pretty sure bioluminescent glowing tattoos are confirmed.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hope theres a default male face similar to the CGI one they used for the 2019 E3 trailer

most recent ones the "default" faces used for the gameplay and their promos so far is kinda different, dunno what happened to female V lol

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The old female V is still available as a different preset as far as I understand.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The old male V reminds me of Francis York Morgan lol

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Firebert posted:

The old male V reminds me of Francis York Morgan lol

That's right, Zach. We have a city to burn. *taps chip implanted in temple*

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It occurs to me that Claude Speede is the generic look for basically every video game protagonist and now I wish I had made him for FO4

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

2018 female V or bust.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

2020 V just read the cyber wikipedia page for 2020

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Statutory Ape posted:

anyway im thinking something like this

Did not expect to see a Dragon Prince reference one this thread :monocle:

marshmallow creep posted:

There will be a quest where someone's tattoo is inked with grey goo nanobots that go rogue.

Several players mentioned a sidequest where a guy's cyberdick went haywire and you rescue him. After you take him to the ripperdoc he thanks you by text and gives you money :haw:

gently caress SNEEP posted:

marshmallow creep posted:

I'm pretty sure bioluminescent glowing tattoos are confirmed.

One gang (the Tiger Claws? Whoever is the Arasaka-backed one) builds a lot of their identity around them and they've been in promo material

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I always like the idea of moving tattoos from the Peter F Hamilton novels. Seems like that should be a cyberpunk thing.

Hey, devs that have finished making the game: can you add this in as a day 0? tia

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Extremely cool that new default female V has dark skin and all of a sudden everyone across the internet hated it. Probably no correlation there at all.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I always like the idea of moving tattoos from the Peter F Hamilton novels. Seems like that should be a cyberpunk thing.

Hey, devs that have finished making the game: can you add this in as a day 0? tia

The lack of trains and more trains means Peter F Hamilton is right out.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there any statement on how 'borged out you can get as the player? Like just cool cyber eyes or can you go full terminator?

Replaying Shadowrun: Dragonfall and seeing characters like Glory remind me how cool roboting yourself up can be.

Also if you got any hankering for isometric rpgs/strategy I highly recommend checking out the shadowrun returns trilogy(dragonfall and hong kong specifically) to get your cyberpunk fix while waiting and they all on super sale right now on steam.

*edit*
actually speaking of glory that's one thing I guess the cyberpunk setting can't do versus shadowrun
Glory is all mech'ed up specifically to strip away her humanity as she used to do work for the literal devil(magic/fantasy is a thing in shadowrun) and the less human she becomes through machining herself up the less control the devil can have over her. I don't think there is any magic/supernatural stuff in Cyberpunk?

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 1, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Hong Kong both low key rule.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
re: shadowrun, there is also kanfy's excellent LP of Dragonfall.

lots of lore discussion in thread too if it interests you.

Woden
May 6, 2006

DarkHorse posted:

Several players mentioned a sidequest where a guy's cyberdick went haywire and you rescue him. After you take him to the ripperdoc he thanks you by text and gives you money :haw:

Wonder if that's the CohhCarnage quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Close. It's the Jesse Cox mission.