Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The Light Show is an amazing weapon, its a Vladof pistol but it melts absolutely everything and anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is that a sidequest reward somewhere? I kinda blitzed through the story and didnt' see that pop up in my inventory as a reward anywhere.

Anyway, better leave before The Hunter comes to Town again, i swear that guy plays that song more than the cantina music in Star Wars.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

Is that a sidequest reward somewhere? I kinda blitzed through the story and didnt' see that pop up in my inventory as a reward anywhere.

Nope, its a random legendary drop in the DLC.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
It drops fairly regularly from Lasodactyl in the Obsidian Forest but's it's a pain in the rear end since it's a flying enemy that flies over a void, so unless you want to spend a lot of time looking through lost loot, you have to be sure to kill it while it's over land.

Not too hard to get it in any/every element but good luck finding one with the annoint you want. Not really any point in wasting your time since the cap will go up in a month anyway.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, honestly until the level cap stops being raised, I'm not going out of my way to farm for annointments, so if I get a crappy one then I'll just live with it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The action skill buff and damage increase for the bonus elements on AS end anoints make it so Zane no longer needs 4 SNTNL Cryo guns, even if it remains his best one probably. Either increase output with Double Barrel or use Doppelbanger to trigger end of AS anoints at will. M10 grenades are helping a lot too.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

BizarroAzrael posted:

M10 grenades are helping a lot too.
What are people using for grenade mods, in general?

I've found that past M1, the damage seems to fall off steeply, even with same-level Mayhem-level grenade mods.

I've always liked tracking/MIRV grenades. I'm terrible aiming longbow grenades, and with bouncing stuff I seem to blow myself up as often as not. Should I be looking for specific attributes? Are there any exceptional legendary grenade mods? None of the ones I've found really spoke to me.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

WhiteHowler posted:

What are people using for grenade mods, in general?

I've found that past M1, the damage seems to fall off steeply, even with same-level Mayhem-level grenade mods.

I've always liked tracking/MIRV grenades. I'm terrible aiming longbow grenades, and with bouncing stuff I seem to blow myself up as often as not. Should I be looking for specific attributes? Are there any exceptional legendary grenade mods? None of the ones I've found really spoke to me.

I'm farming for an IT'S PISS grenade, with +25% weapon damage anoint, or +50% incendiary anoint.

That's the grenade that speaks to me.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 30, 2020

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Mr Scumbag posted:

Not really any point in wasting your time since the cap will go up in a month anyway.

Is there a roadmap for future content? I haven't paid too much attention and don't know anything about plans past this DLC.

I feel like the DLC is either too easy or the latest rebalancing made M10 in general super easy, because none of the bosses lasted more than maybe a minute and a half. The end fight was remarkably easy. I appreciate that it wasn't the bullet sponge like at the end of the Guns and Tentacles DLC, but there was barely any mechanic to it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Are there any once-per-character quest rewards in the DLC? I'm holding off on running it with either of my max-level characters lest I get stuck with one of those before the final level cap.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Sex Hobbit posted:

Are there any once-per-character quest rewards in the DLC? I'm holding off on running it with either of my max-level characters lest I get stuck with one of those before the final level cap.

I've done some with purple gun rewards, and at least one with a new character head (for which level doesn't matter obviously), but at M10 on TVHM earning the three levels did not take me long at all. I recommend doing all the level challenges- finding all the hidden stuff- as they give good boosts to xp, and save the quests for last, or just level up in other planets first.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

And some of the purple guns in this DLC apparently rival and even exceed performance of legendaries.

Just look up Bounty of Blood weapons ranked or somesuch on Youtube.

If you're paranoid and want max levels of everything, max your level in the circle of slaughter before starting the DLC. Shouldn't take long at all, especially if you can handle M10 which is pretty easy after the patch.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

hamsystem posted:

I'm hoping to get an atom balm of either/or.

So is radiation the best way to go with Moze then? With the nuclear warhead?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mr Scumbag posted:

And some of the purple guns in this DLC apparently rival and even exceed performance of legendaries.

Just look up Bounty of Blood weapons ranked or somesuch on Youtube.

If you're paranoid and want max levels of everything, max your level in the circle of slaughter before starting the DLC. Shouldn't take long at all, especially if you can handle M10 which is pretty easy after the patch.

Honestly I always liked the Borderlands loot the most when this was true and (good/optimal) combinations of parts could give you very competitive purples. I think it's boring when legendaries are flat out better at everything so you have to farm specific ones to stay ahead of (realistically: with) the curve of enemy power in higher difficulties. Legendaries can be better in some ways or have a useful red text gimmick, but they shouldn't be straight upgrades so you don't feel like you're handicapping yourself by not having a fully orange inventory.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So uh yeah, Zane clone with either the Light Snow or Back Burner is a hilarious killing machine. I have an electric back burner and I wear a transformer. This pretty much makes the clone and I invincible as he is always shooting.

Also I have a non-elemental light snow with 200% damage on skill use and holy poo poo does it hit like a truck.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'm farming for an IT'S PISS grenade, with +25% weapon damage anoint, or +50% incendiary anoint.

That's the grenade that speaks to me.

Jarate? In the form of a grenade?

As someone who hates playing against spies, :getin:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Listerine posted:

So is radiation the best way to go with Moze then? With the nuclear warhead?

I don't know if it's the best way, but it's definitely the easiest for killing mass quantities of stuff. When I boss farm I switch to rail guns since they do way more single target damage.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Oh i get it now the hunter who comes to town in the song is the vault hunter :monocle:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

If anyone was thinking of leveling Moze, now is definitely the time.

Because Iron Bear scales with Mayhem level and is currently OP as hell, you can handle Mayhem 10 as soon as you unlock it completely regardless of gear, meaning you can go straight to Circle of Slaughter, enable Mayhem 10 and rack up XP really fast. You'll get to 60 very quickly this way.

Of course, this means you have to play through the story of the game. I recommend turning dialogue all the way down and putting something good on Netflix of your streaming site of choice.

Go all the way down the blue tree and use the nukes and then focus on the green tree. Add the one skillpoint for Iron Bear shield at the top of the red tree.

It doesn't matter what gear you are using. You may have to be a little evasive while waiting for your Iron Bear to cool down, but apart from that you're golden. The only thing you have to be mindful of is that you aren't wearing anything that subtracts from your health as this will make IB fragile as hell. I made this mistake for a while cause I was wearing a relic that took off 75% of my health.

I can't imagine how broken Iron Bear must be with proper gear, but I aim to find out.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Mr Scumbag posted:

Because Iron Bear scales with Mayhem level and is currently OP as hell, you can handle Mayhem 10 as soon as you unlock it completely regardless of gear, meaning you can go straight to Circle of Slaughter, enable Mayhem 10 and rack up XP really fast. You'll get to 60 very quickly this way.

Of course, this means you have to play through the story of the game. I recommend turning dialogue all the way down and putting something good on Netflix of your streaming site of choice.

Go all the way down the blue tree and use the nukes and then focus on the green tree. Add the one skillpoint for Iron Bear shield at the top of the red tree.

It doesn't matter what gear you are using. You may have to be a little evasive while waiting for your Iron Bear to cool down, but apart from that you're golden. The only thing you have to be mindful of is that you aren't wearing anything that subtracts from your health as this will make IB fragile as hell. I made this mistake for a while cause I was wearing a relic that took off 75% of my health.

I can't imagine how broken Iron Bear must be with proper gear, but I aim to find out.

I was just using my old build which was blue tree and a lot of red tree, a few skills from green, and I was using the skill in the red tree I think that takes 60% of health off and puts it in shields. I kept going with it because I have guns that are +150% rad damage when below 50%health, and I had switched to the nukes. I wasn't having much trouble surviving on M10 at all.

Do you (or anyone) have a more detailed skill list for what works best? Or does it not even matter- I'm not crazy about min/maxing.

I'm also still playing my Zane a bunch and I find that my clone is dying quite a bit more now, but I haven't seen what's actually happening so I don't know how he's dying.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The only skills your really need for Moze, imo, are the bubble shield, auto bear, and anything that increases his damage and duration. The only piece of gear that really matters is your class mod, everything else is fairly meaningless because everything will die so fast. I like raging bear, I've seen videos using rocketeer where you pop iron bear and then jump out and into the turret on his back and let him do all the work. It's gonna suck when he gets nerfed back to mediocrity.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

Honestly it's easier just to download a save file if your goal is to get a max level Moze while having to play as little as possible.

Which trees do you use for this build?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Here's what I'm using currently:

I got it off YouTube or reddit I think.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

bamhand posted:

Honestly it's easier just to download a save file if your goal is to get a max level Moze while having to play as little as possible.

Which trees do you use for this build?

Mr Scumbag posted:

Focus on Iron bear damage and defense.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is it only the nukes that are good? I think I tried acid spray and punching and they were both terrible.

Equipping an OPQ and holding down the mouse button still works great though! Even at 60.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 3, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

bamhand posted:

Is it only the nukes that are good? I think I tried acid spray and punching and they were both terrible.

Equipping an OPQ and holding down the mouse button still works great though! Even at 60.

People really like the railguns apparently for bosses that have shields.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mesadoram posted:

People really like the railguns apparently for bosses that have shields.

I can definitely confirm that doubling up on the railguns makes very, very short work of Katagawa Ball.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I found quite a great shield for Moze:

What makes this great is that if you jump out of Iron Bear, the cooldown before you can get back in is based on how much fuel you have left when you jump out.

So if you jump in and immediately jump out, your cooldown is much less than 25 seconds.

Your Iron Bear's health is based on Moze's health.

So if you jump into Iron Bear before a big fight or Circle of Slaughter, immediately jump out to proc the +75% health, you can then jump back in shortly after, giving you a massive health boost:

The shield is also great because it gives you a bunch of extra protection during a fight while you kill to decrease your Iron Bear's cooldown.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Mr Scumbag posted:

I found quite a great shield for Moze:

What makes this great is that if you jump out of Iron Bear, the cooldown before you can get back in is based on how much fuel you have left when you jump out.

So if you jump in and immediately jump out, your cooldown is much less than 25 seconds.

Your Iron Bear's health is based on Moze's health.

So if you jump into Iron Bear before a big fight or Circle of Slaughter, immediately jump out to proc the +75% health, you can then jump back in shortly after, giving you a massive health boost:

The shield is also great because it gives you a bunch of extra protection during a fight while you kill to decrease your Iron Bear's cooldown.

It's also great for farming Killavolt as most of his attacks are shock attacks.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Shiftypenguin posted:

Just use shock railguns in that case. Only takes a few shots to kill him, making him the easiest world drop farm in the game.

It's where that shield dropped for me, actually.

Edit: I'm drunk. I was thinking of Traunt. (Although I have a feeling Moze's nukes should be effective against KV) Also, I advise not ever farming Killavolt unless you absolutely have to.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 3, 2020

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Shiftypenguin posted:

I did this on Amara with really underpowered (M3-ish) guns. Killavolt literally couldn't hurt me, but it took like 20 minutes to whittle him down.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Mr Scumbag posted:

Just use shock railguns in that case. Only takes a few shots to kill him, making him the easiest world drop farm in the game.

It's where that shield dropped for me, actually.

Edit: I'm drunk. I was thinking of Traunt. (Although I have a feeling Moze's nukes should be effective against KV) Also, I advise not ever farming Killavolt unless you absolutely have to.

Monarch's pretty fun good, but I was able to get a decent one using a Yellow cake on him. Not farmed him at level 60 though.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Edward IV posted:

Jarate? In the form of a grenade?

As someone who hates playing against spies, :getin:

EXACTLY.

I had a q. With the M10 modifiers, if you use 'speed demon', and have an Amara / driver mod, does damage increase when speed demon is active?

It is hard to tell as they're so squishy anyway. Hellshock 4 lyfe

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Oh man, I just started setting up the game and I think I hosed up. I tried switching the game to DirectX 12, and now whenever I start up the game it gets stuck on "Optimizing shaders" and uses up all my CPU and memory. I can't get past this to the options screen to switch it back, and I don't know what to do.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Oh man, I just started setting up the game and I think I hosed up. I tried switching the game to DirectX 12, and now whenever I start up the game it gets stuck on "Optimizing shaders" and uses up all my CPU and memory. I can't get past this to the options screen to switch it back, and I don't know what to do.

Go to "Documents" in Windows 10, then "My Games", "Borderlands 3", "Saved", and the "Config". Open "GameUserSettings.ini" in a word processor like Notepad, and then find the following setting "PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX12". Change "DX12" to "DX11" and then save and exit the file.

(copy/pasted from some random site via google search)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to take a break from Moze and mess around with Zane. I had a Seeing Dead mod in my bank so I kinda threw together a clone/barrier build and the clone absolutely wrecks poo poo. I got a pretty good OPQ with 75% damage against badasses when action skills are active that I spawn him with and he kills Traunt on M10 in 5-10 seconds with zero help from me. Are Flak's pets as broken as iron bear and clone?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

hamsystem posted:

Decided to take a break from Moze and mess around with Zane. I had a Seeing Dead mod in my bank so I kinda threw together a clone/barrier build and the clone absolutely wrecks poo poo. I got a pretty good OPQ with 75% damage against badasses when action skills are active that I spawn him with and he kills Traunt on M10 in 5-10 seconds with zero help from me. Are Flak's pets as broken as iron bear and clone?

Huh, my clone does good damage but seems to be squishy as hell now, he seems to get insta-gibbed with some frequency.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Listerine posted:

Huh, my clone does good damage but seems to be squishy as hell now, he seems to get insta-gibbed with some frequency.

Are you using barrier? I drop the dome one first and summon him inside.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

hamsystem posted:

Are you using barrier? I drop the dome one first and summon him inside.

No, but I wasn't before either, and before the recent updates my clone had a ton of survivability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Huh weird. I haven't done anything more intense than boss farming really and those are over so fast it's hard to tell.