Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

inthesto posted:

The show hasn't even happened yet.

Even in its low points, Dynamite outperformed original expectations. Week to week ratings have very little impact on anything as far as we're concerned as fans.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Don't try to divine meaning out of ratings for one week. Absolutely don't try to divine meaning out of ratings for one week during a pandemic, the US rioting across the country, and every entertainment industry having a sex pest callout moment. I'm sure also a bunch of other stuff that's a mess that I forgot.

I know you're both correct, but I just can't shake this cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If it helps I honestly expect the ratings to be bad again, I just don't think they'll matter or say anything to executives. Like, if they dropped AEW for low ratings right now they have nothing else to put there. You're not making a new show and I'm sure AEW is beating showing the same old movie 3 times in a row. I pretty much expect the covid ratings to get balled up and tossed out when things move back towards normal.

edit: Obviously I'm assuming the executives are smart. If they're big huge idiots like a lot of those folks idk, they probably won't do anything either. Idiots hate work.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

If it helps I honestly expect the ratings to be bad again, I just don't think they'll matter or say anything to executives. Like, if they dropped AEW for low ratings right now they have nothing else to put there. You're not making a new show and I'm sure AEW is beating showing the same old movie 3 times in a row. I pretty much expect the covid ratings to get balled up and tossed out when things move back towards normal.

edit: Obviously I'm assuming the executives are smart. If they're big huge idiots like a lot of those folks idk, they probably won't do anything either. Idiots hate work.

I bet AEW is gonna pull more viewers and engagement than a showing of Non-Stop, the Liam Neeson remake of Airplane

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, whatever you think of ratings there's no logical reason to assume TNT is gonna cancel them due to relatively small downswings for a couple of weeks in a time period when there's like no original programming on TV and the prospects of live sports is very much in question. It just doesn't make sense.

Get worried if like 2 months from now the numbers have shown a consistent decline or something and the NBA is back on.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if we're like 3 months into everything being re-opened and the NFL is playing a whole season I'd be worried. Until than the numbers just don't mean much.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Alaois posted:

is there any indication that Jimmy Havoc was the thing keeping Jamie Hayter out of AEW and not just that Hayter would rather work Stardom

Hayter wears clothing that supports neonazis. If they are booting Havoc and people are complaining about Hager and Luchasaurus it’s probably best to leave her out of the company.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Isn't Dynamite locked in until 2023 anyway?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

HOT! New Memes posted:

Hayter wears clothing that supports neonazis.

I missed this. What brand?

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Power Windows posted:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Power Windows posted:

I spent several minutes looking for a pic of Hayter in a WWE shirt to post here but I came up empty.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Charlie never killed anyone!

That rat bastard Vince McMahon on the other hand...

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat supporting nazis and the CIA, in this post-hornt posting world, i officially declare jamie hayter Cancelled.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I feel like calling Manson a Nazi would imply he had beliefs past being a grifting gently caress

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

I feel like calling Manson a Nazi would imply he had beliefs past being a grifting gently caress

Yeah, it honestly implies much stronger convictions than Manson ever had. But the jacket is a really bad look. As someone who likes true crime stuff way too many people kind of forget that the subjects of those stories are really awful people and not fun pop culture icon.

edit: Actually, to clarify as I don't recognize the jacket as anything besides Manson, does it come from a brand with similar images on stuff? Obviously if it is from a brand that is openly lovely this isn't just people treating serial killers as pop icons.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
That seems more like edgelordery to me, assuming that whatever company sells the jacket in question isn't run by neonazis.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think op meant “showing your colours” supporting like you would support a sports team, not “financially supporting” like you would support a youtuber on patreon

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Apparently she did make a twitter post of it too and added the caption HLTR SKLTR which is uuuuuuuhhhhhh.

Listen people, there is nothing wrong with being interested in true crime but stop making killers look cool. They're all a bunch of losers. They're a bunch of perennial fuckups. If you met Mason in the 70's you wouldn't think he was a cool charismatic romantic, you'd just want the weird smelly guy to stop asking for cash for the race war and singing you his awful songs.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1276237318597357568

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think I put about as much faith as Hayter being a white supremacist based on wearing that jacket as I do someone being a hardcore leftist because they wear a Che Guevara t-shirt.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My friend in high school who wore a Che shirt ended up being libertarian.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pylons posted:

I think I put about as much faith as Hayter being a white supremacist based on wearing that jacket as I do someone being a hardcore leftist because they wear a Che Guevara t-shirt.

Jokes on you, I have a shirt about the Grand Canyon Skywalk and and I am literally a Nation Park.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like when I read that Hayter had wore a neonazi symbol I remembered a totally different image but for the life of me I don't know what it is or how I'd look it up without wading through a sea of weird pervy stuff.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 30, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

back in january people were talking about her wearing the manson jacket on here but referring to him only as a white supremacist neo nazi and not by name. I can't find anything else so I think that's it

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yuck. Grow tf up Hayter

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if you're gonna idolize killers or something, go for someone like Lyudmila Pavilchenko who murked like 300 nazis with her sniper rifle

or that polish girl who worked with her friends to lure nazis into the woods for sex and then killed them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I can't find anything except references to Manson and deleted tweets. So either it got lost to time or I just noticed the wrong thing or something that past time it came up. I dunno.

I actually didn't realize edgelords idolized Manson anymore. That feels so old. But I guess I know nothing about what's trendy in the true crime world.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I can see an argument of "weird serial killer bullshit" solely because stuff like LPOTL have spent episodes just writing weird Manson poo poo that doesn't cover much on the white nationalist poo poo, but until something said otherwise I'm cold on her swinging back even if I greatly enjoy big spooky goth wrasslin.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Apparently she did make a twitter post of it too and added the caption HLTR SKLTR which is uuuuuuuhhhhhh.

Listen people, there is nothing wrong with being interested in true crime but stop making killers look cool. They're all a bunch of losers. They're a bunch of perennial fuckups. If you met Mason in the 70's you wouldn't think he was a cool charismatic romantic, you'd just want the weird smelly guy to stop asking for cash for the race war and singing you his awful songs.

If I met Manson in the 70s i would hope i wouldn't think those things considering the Tate-La Bianca murders happened in 1969

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

If I met Manson in the 70s i would hope i wouldn't think those things considering the Tate-La Bianca murders happened in 1969

I refuse to engage with arguments that suggest that time is linear.

Also whoops.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/castershow/status/1277995175667732481?s=21

SIGN THE loving SHOOK CREW, BIG BICEPS TONY

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Pylons posted:

That's my opinion too, especially given that the swastika Manson had carved into his own forehead is suspiciously absent from the image on the back of her jacket. It may be naive on my part but I'm going to suspect that her decision to wear that was based on nothing more than how "edgy" she thought it would be, rather than any interest in promoting RaHoWa as touted by Manson.

That being said,

Deafboy posted:

Yuck. Grow tf up Hayter

E: I should add that when I was only a few years younger than Hayter, I also went through a youthful edgelord "reading books about serial killers all over the place" phase. To the point that the ancient me of today now has zero interest in any of that poo poo, not even the true crime shows about more "mundane" murders like insurance killings or whatever, because nowadays I find all of it just incredibly depressing and sad. So hopefully she'll grow out of that poo poo, too.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 30, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I love seeing guys shoot their shot. This was funny, well produced, and if AEW put just a little bit of time behind it this could be a fun way of using Max and creating content for the show.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I'd be happy if they signed most of the COVID jobbers. Lee Johnson and Pineapple Pete in particular, but there aren't many I'd completely pass on.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

TheManSeries posted:

I can see an argument of "weird serial killer bullshit" solely because stuff like LPOTL have spent episodes just writing weird Manson poo poo that doesn't cover much on the white nationalist poo poo, but until something said otherwise I'm cold on her swinging back even if I greatly enjoy big spooky goth wrasslin.

I feel like Japan might have more of a distant fascination with Manson without as much widespread knowledge of the hosed up poo poo (aside from murdering people) but I don't remember where I heard that, and it could be 20 year old information, so boulder of salt with that one.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

A deluded narcissist who carelessly manipulates and abuses their vulnerable subordinates in order to maintain their public image as a noble role model and Britt Baker

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OctoberCountry posted:

A deluded narcissist who carelessly manipulates and abuses their vulnerable subordinates in order to maintain their public image as a noble role model and Britt Baker

TAKE THAT poo poo CHARLES!!

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Hell yeah a diss track. The production on this was shockingly solid, Caster's flow reminds me a bit of Del the Funky Homosapien. I dig the visual gaffs he threw in there too. Good on him.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

drat this loving rules

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HIRE THIS MAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

This loving rules