Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Tomorrow's is:

Oney Lorcan vs Timothy Thatcher
Roderick Strong vs Dexter Lumis in a strap match
Rhea Ripley vs Aliyah and Robert Stone in a handicap match, if Rhea loses she joins the Robert Stone brand
Dakota Kai vs Candice LeRae vs Mia Yim vs Tegan Nox for #1 contendership to Io Shirai's women's title
Io Shirai vs Sasha Banks

Next week's is currently just Adam Cole vs Keith Lee for both Cole's world title and Lee's North American title

feel like Oney vs Thatcher would be good because there's no stakes so wwe has no reason to mess with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Peyton Royce has always been pretty good in the ring, people have just forgotten or never saw it since she got hitched to a cringe-comedy act that's basically bad on purpose. Throw Billie Kay in the dumpster and give her a singles push.

I vaguely recall thinking "Yeah I'd be good with Peyton being champ and Ember chasing her." after Asuka vacated.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i just want to say that twisting Move gif above looks really cleanly performed with a good upper back/lower shoulder bump that is very snugly executed to ensure it. I've seen over 300,000 bumps

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This is a 40 year old nurse and hobbyist bodybuilder who came down with covid, he spent over a month in the hospital and almost died

The virus often doesn't give a gently caress what condition you're in if your body makes a misstep or two fighting it in the early stages

when the Warlord can't afford his steroids

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I also have a bunch of tattoos and the best thing about them is that they are mine and not yours

Agreed.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Not only is it Dolph Ziggler in a main event feud again, but it's the same exact "feud" he's done with people 10 times over now.

Why. Even reading the words "Dolph Ziggler" just mentally exhausts me at this point.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Golden Bee posted:

It would be fine if your name was Jesse

I think that was literally a joke I made at the time while I was trying to thread the needle between "I love you" and "Well, let's see how this plays out".

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tato posted:

Not only is it Dolph Ziggler in a main event feud again, but it's the same exact "feud" he's done with people 10 times over now.

Why. Even reading the words "Dolph Ziggler" just mentally exhausts me at this point.

Watching him, as a heel, do a Rockers Wrestlemania hot tag spot to a relaxed Sasha on a random Raw mixed tag match is a microcosm of his career.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dolph ziggler is a long term research project in reaching absolute zero

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Isn't there supposed to be some NXT UK announcement today?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Personally I don't hate Dolph Ziggler, it's just that I find him to be aggressively mediocre.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have always been exactly bored as Dolph Ziggler as I am now. He is boring and I have never remotely understood the appeal*. I also do not hate him because like... he isn't that interesting. He's WWE Style personified to me at this stage.

*I gather it had something to do with him being slightly different from the WWE Style for a time and aping indie stuff but like, I think I was just rejecting WWE for indies stuff at that time.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dolph Ziggler's appeal 10-12 years ago was that he was decent in the ring in an era where workrate wasn't the focus in WWE. Since WWE raided the indies for good talent, being decent in the ring doesn't stand out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Probably happening within a few hours

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dolph 100% has a "yearly title push" clause in his contract, there's zero other explanations

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The explanation is probably as simple as WWE has a lingering favoritism towards their homegrown talent.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Chris James 2 posted:

Probably happening within a few hours

It's 8 pm in the UK. They can't even do this poo poo in local time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it just strikes me that WWE sees Ziggler as a dependable hand and their guy who is a former World Champion so they can feed him to champs and no one cares because he just goes back to being the exact same symbol of mediocrity he's been for a decade.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

STAC Goat posted:

I have always been exactly bored as Dolph Ziggler as I am now. He is boring and I have never remotely understood the appeal*. I also do not hate him because like... he isn't that interesting. He's WWE Style personified to me at this stage.

*I gather it had something to do with him being slightly different from the WWE Style for a time and aping indie stuff but like, I think I was just rejecting WWE for indies stuff at that time.

when i started watching wrestling again for the first time since a kid i liked dolph the first time i saw him. "hey 80s buttrock gimmick, that looks cool"

three weeks later i hated him

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dolph Ziggler has been on the main brands for 15 years

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!
I think my favorite Dolph Ziggler thing is when Amy Schumer did a movie that featured a scene with her having sex with a big buff guy, clearly inspired by the time her and Ziggler actually dated, and WWE sent over John Cena instead of Ziggler to play the role

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If dolph ziggler was my ex and i could get john cena to play his role in a movie i would do that without consulting wwe

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oldpainless posted:

Dolph Ziggler has been on the main brands for 15 years

Very soon I will have watched a Ziggler-having WWE for longer than I had watched a Ziggler-less WWE :stare:

Well technically, since I'm not watching WWE anymore, but you know what I mean.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Ziggler's WWE debut is closer to Survivor Series 1990 than it is to today

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ganso Bomb posted:

They’re bringing it back with an empty audience. Not because of COVID, but to protect the fans from the roster.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Personally I don't hate Dolph Ziggler, it's just that I find him to be aggressively mediocre.

I like Dolph a ton, but the problem is that

1. He, like everyone else, doesn't have a coherent/consistent character narrative, nor any memorable storylines that give him an arc. I remember some of his stuff with Vickie, and cashing in on Alberto, which were great, but those weren't really sustained pushes. I liked him tagging with Swagger. Perfect Americans?

2. Initially, he had an extremely unique look/style that set him apart, while borrowing from Mr. Perfect/Shawn Michaels to give you something new while seeming nostalgic - as time has gone on, he's slowly become more like everyone else (they even tried cutting/dying his hair) instead of evolving.

3. He's been Dolph Ziggler since 2008; a year or two working somewhere else or even just resting would've freshened him up, but, well, that's not how this industry works.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think I like Dolph Ziggler but hate Nick Nemeth. Which is to say I think I'd like his gimmick, moves, and look in the hands of someone different who didn't whine a bunch in real life and then also play a big whiny character on tv.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
i like Dolph because he BUSTS his rear end, NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT for the WWE Universe (jk)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw

1.735mil

8PM 1.862mil
9PM 1.751mil
10PM 1.592mil

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw

1.735mil

8PM 1.862mil
9PM 1.751mil
10PM 1.592mil

Holy poo poo that third hour is putrid.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw

1.735mil

8PM 1.862mil
9PM 1.751mil
10PM 1.592mil

Ziggler really is ratings poison.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dolph 100% has a "yearly title push" clause in his contract, there's zero other explanations

Ziggler was a part of WWE falling out of my watch rotation. Anytime he was heavily featured I'd just check out. Once the habit is broken enough it's easier and easier to not come back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, he was mildly interesting when he had AJ Lee and Big E.

But I think that speaks for itself.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
anyone on this planet would be interesting in wwe if you gave them AJ Lee and Big E Langston

even me. even you

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Someone mentioned TDE isn't doing WWE gifs anymore because they got content strikes or whatever and that made me realize since they stopped I just don't see anything from WWE anymore. That twitter account was the way I actually saw the cool things that happened during the shows and I just don't get any of that any more. I know this has been said to death already but it's crazy how little they understand what an account like that does for them.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I just like that the fed is sending out Ziggler/Corbin (and to an extent, Charlotte) to all their shows to kill the ratings

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1278071541557637120?s=19

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Only partially related to Dolph Ziggler Chat but I looked up the longest-tenured locker room leaders etc. and here is a full list of people who have been continuously working for main-roster WWE for over a decade and their debut/re-debut month:

April 2002: Randy Orton

June 2006: The Miz

December 2007: Kofi Kingston

February 2008: Big Show*
April 2008: Natalya
August 2008: R-Truth
September 2008: Dolph Ziggler**

June 2009: Sheamus

May 2010: The Usos
May 2010: Tamina

* This is a weird one both because he was legitimately not under contract for a year or so in 2006-7, and also because he hasn't wrestled regular in like four years and literally went all of 2019 without a match/appearance
** This is also questionable because of what you consider him debuting, Spirit Squad was early 2006 but he also got sent back down to the minors after that wrapped and didn't come back for over a year as Dolph

Either way, this list is a lot smaller than I would have thought, and I guess The Miz is officially The Locker Room Leader of Smackdown now?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I remember how hot Ron Killings was in TNA before they knocked the legs out from under him. I knew he would never get pushed to that level in the WWE when he signed in 2008, but I also did not think he would win any sort of title 37 times and be on Raw 10-20 minutes every week even as a joke; I figured he'd have a run in WWE then come back to TNA and they'd finally give him a real push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NXT Takeover: School’s Out