Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Phigs posted:

If I buy Titanfall 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition through steam can I play them without an Origin account?

Every loving time I want to play a game I have on Origin my account is stolen again and I am done bothering to recover it so Origin is a complete dealbreaker for me.

You need an origin account. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cardiovorax posted:

I have bought a handful of EA titles and had them turn out well, but I completely agree with this anyway. Never buy the cat in the bag if you have any way at all to avoid it.

Yeah I think EA titles can be worth buying if it's something really right up your alley, and is fun enough in it's current state to get some "moneys worth" and want to support a small developer where they may still have a year or two left to finish..

That said, my one big problem is playing games in Early Access and burning out and never quite getting that magic or same experience when ti comes to launch unless it's a Multiplayer-only game like Deep Rock Galactic which was fun seeing it evolve from an alpha to an insanely polished state. I played Don't Starve, Dead Cells, Subnautica, and some other stuff heavily in EA and not so much at launch because of a wee bit too much EA playing. These days I try to strike to strike a bit of a balance but it's hard when some EA games are so good

Those along with Slay the Spire were all good EA success stories.

Some promising current EA titles that I've bought and things to keep an eye on:
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker
- UnderMine
- Hades
- Curse of the Dead Gods
- Satisfactory
- ScourgeBringer

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

End of Zoe is absolutely essential. It is the best DLC there has ever been for a Resident Evil game, full stop. Not A Hero is okay, but you can skip it if you don't feel like it. The rest is forgettable and messes with the timeline of the game to the point where certain things don't make sense anymore.

Thanks for the info. Gold is only a couple of euros more than the base game + End of Zoe, so I'll just grab that and try to ignore the timeline messups in the Banned Footage DLCs.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

StrixNebulosa posted:

You need an origin account. Sorry.

drat. Thanks for the bad news though. :cheers:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

Yeah I think EA titles can be worth buying if it's something really right up your alley, and is fun enough in it's current state to get some "moneys worth" and want to support a small developer where they may still have a year or two left to finish..

That said, my one big problem is playing games in Early Access and burning out and never quite getting that magic or same experience when ti comes to launch unless it's a Multiplayer-only game like Deep Rock Galactic which was fun seeing it evolve from an alpha to an insanely polished state. I played Don't Starve, Dead Cells, Subnautica, and some other stuff heavily in EA and not so much at launch because of a wee bit too much EA playing. These days I try to strike to strike a bit of a balance but it's hard when some EA games are so good

Those along with Slay the Spire were all good EA success stories.

Some promising current EA titles that I've bought and things to keep an eye on:
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker
- UnderMine
- Hades
- Curse of the Dead Gods
- Satisfactory
- ScourgeBringer

oh oh, we're sharing EA titles now? Check out mine!

Plus Caves of Qud but I forgot to put it in that category. I like to look at stuff in here occasionally and see how far it's come or not!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i didnt realize factorio was still in early access

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just create the Early Access dynamic Category that collects anything in your library with that tag.

If you have 2k+ games and a bundle buying problem you'll see quite a lot of rpgmaker titles in there.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

pentyne posted:

Just create the Early Access dynamic Category that collects anything in your library with that tag.

If you have 2k+ games and a bundle buying problem you'll see quite a lot of rpgmaker titles in there.

That doesn't get current EA games, just any game with the user tag of Early Access.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

Yep, it's been in EA this entire time:

Friday Facts #349 - The 1.0 plan

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

I've been enjoying Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 from the itch.io bundle as stress/anxiety relief (started on Zen mode, been able to play most levels in Standard so far?). Checked out CSD3 on Steam and the trailer video looks like MADNESS but the reviews are very positive.
Is it as difficult as it looks? Or is it approachable enough to want to get in during EA?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Splash posted:

I've been enjoying Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 from the itch.io bundle as stress/anxiety relief (started on Zen mode, been able to play most levels in Standard so far?). Checked out CSD3 on Steam and the trailer video looks like MADNESS but the reviews are very positive.
Is it as difficult as it looks? Or is it approachable enough to want to get in during EA?

It's actually easier than CSD2! There's a button that auto-serves every ready dish. I have 60+ hours in it and think it's the best in the series and you should totally get it. It starts off real easy, then slowly ramps up the difficulty while offering this cool dynamic difficulty: you can choose your menu for every level, so if you want the easy stuff and one (1) hamburger for some trouble, you can do that.

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's actually easier than CSD2! There's a button that auto-serves every ready dish. I have 60+ hours in it and think it's the best in the series and you should totally get it. It starts off real easy, then slowly ramps up the difficulty while offering this cool dynamic difficulty: you can choose your menu for every level, so if you want the easy stuff and one (1) hamburger for some trouble, you can do that.

Oh, an auto-serve button sounds great! Thank you - definitely picking that up right away.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Plus Caves of Qud but I forgot to put it in that category. I like to look at stuff in here occasionally and see how far it's come or not!
At first glance I assumed you were talking about Academegia. I was like "not only it still doesn't have a second year, but it's still in EA?"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

No Wave posted:

Players tend to misunderstand what happens during EA. In early access titles you tend to see a lot of the kind of changes that upset players (balance changes) and not many of the updates that make players happy (extra content) - this is through no fault of the devs, it's just how it works.

Isn't it even kinda the whole point? The early stages of anything are about getting the mechanics working, most of the fun stuff comes later, and a big part of getting a playerbase is so you can test how things actually work at scale and across a wide range of people with different skills and knowledge about the game

Obviously there's early access and then there's... early access... but even with a basically finished game, it's still an opportunity to tweak things or even overhaul them completely - harder to do that after release. If it was finalised they'd probably be launching it!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

baka kaba posted:

Isn't it even kinda the whole point? The early stages of anything are about getting the mechanics working, most of the fun stuff comes later, and a big part of getting a playerbase is so you can test how things actually work at scale and across a wide range of people with different skills and knowledge about the game
I'd personally say so. Many of the good EA projects (of which I would personally consider Dead Cells one) have gone through serious and often major reworkings during their early access period. Complaining about bad or badly balanced mechanics so that they can be fixed seems to me like it is, in a big way, exactly what it is for.

Of course, adding content is also what it is for, because the money influx from EA isn't just meant to be an extended beta. It's also meant to allow the devs to work on content they otherwise wouldn't, so I don't necessarily see a conflict there. Subnautica grew a lot of extra content during EA, as did games like Minecraft.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

StrixNebulosa posted:

I own KeeperRL and even though I haven't really played it I am always reading about updates because it just seems like it could end up being amazing.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
KeeperRL is a game that you can buy on Steam but which is also freely available to anyone just by downloading the non-tile version from its website. If it sounds at all interesting to you, play it for free for as long as you want and see how much money it is worth to you. Just pointing this out because it's honestly a great concept and some real feedback and willingness to improve on the worse ideas (such as having to manually equip every single one of your monsters from the ground up) could turn it into a seriously good game.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Mobius Final Fantasy shut down its servers today. The game might be gone, but the memories will remain.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Mordja posted:

a)What?
b)There are no US forces, did you even click on the link?

Its pretty obvious that they are commenting on the hypocrisy of calling out a game for "propaganda" when it focuses on Russian forces in WWII and uses the myths/tropes surrounding them while everybody completely ignores the same thing happening in every single game that focuses on US forces in WWII.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
More games about Uncle Joe and the Great Patriotic War

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Its pretty obvious that they are commenting on the hypocrisy of calling out a game for "propaganda" when it focuses on Russian forces in WWII and uses the myths/tropes surrounding them while everybody completely ignores the same thing happening in every single game that focuses on US forces in WWII.
Literally what I said when the game was first brought up.

But then the demo outright hit me with "go ahead and shoot me, you'll never get us all!" which is just beyond parody. It's basically "Nation's Pride", but more so.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cardiovorax posted:

Of course, adding content is also what it is for, because the money influx from EA isn't just meant to be an extended beta. It's also meant to allow the devs to work on content they otherwise wouldn't, so I don't necessarily see a conflict there. Subnautica grew a lot of extra content during EA, as did games like Minecraft.

Well yeah, it's not a conflict, just something that maybe happens later on once the core stuff is basically worked out - especially for smaller teams where you don't have people working on stuff like content and any creation tools, alongside people doing balancing and the main engine or whatever

I'd say EA is a way to support stuff that looks interesting, but it's also a way to help be part of the process and give the developers data and feedback. It's a little like volunteering as a playtester. Depends on the project obviously! Some are basically done and just cranking out the content in stages

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Xaris posted:

I mean technically Fortnight is in Beta still. And we still dont have a (Free) single player campaign nearly 3 years after it was supposed to come out. So why not.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I've been burned on too many EAs.

Godus, Spacebase-DF9, Starbound to name a few

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Xander77 posted:

Literally what I said when the game was first brought up.

But then the demo outright hit me with "go ahead and shoot me, you'll never get us all!" which is just beyond parody. It's basically "Nation's Pride", but more so.

Oh I don't doubt it. People love putting jingoistic propaganda in their war games. Isn't there some RTS about the Syrian civil war that's unapologetically pro Assad? I think its just that, in the US at least, some people are super sensitive to russophobia so they'll call it out if they think they see it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Oh I don't doubt it. People love putting jingoistic propaganda in their war games. Isn't there some RTS about the Syrian civil war that's unapologetically pro Assad? I think its just that, in the US at least, some people are super sensitive to russophobia so they'll call it out if they think they see it.

I think one of the biggest examples I remember is Company of Heroes 2, the Russian campaign had some Russian reviewers claiming it was russophobic.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

strategery posted:

I mean technically Fortnight is in Beta still. And we still dont have a (Free) single player campaign nearly 3 years after it was supposed to come out. So why not.

Actually, Fortnite apparently exited early access today

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I also thought it was going to be perpetually in EAccess, how coincidental

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Woah. MO:Astray went from being 70% off to being only 30% off just today. What a bummer.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think one of the biggest examples I remember is Company of Heroes 2, the Russian campaign had some Russian reviewers claiming it was russophobic.
I mean... it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

Both things can be true at the same time.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

(re: Griftlands)

No Wave posted:

Ok - I haven't unlocked all the cards yet so I'm willing to believe it.

For Rook I've only made decks that rig the coin flips which exaggerated the deckbuilding problem I had (ie, you go all heads or snails). But when you say mid-size deck, are you still turning half or more of your card picks into shills? I just don't see that changing so far because your starting cards aren't bad enough to demand a giant deck.

Some examples of some mid-size decks that are encouraged by cards:

One of Sal's packs gives "Expend" cards (I think it's the 5th or 6th one you get) which revolve around expending cards - one example is a Negotiation card that lets you expend any number of cards from your hand and gives you a stack of Smarts (+1 action each turn) for each one, so mulching some of your deck gives you more actions to play more cards, and if you're running a lean deck you won't have enough cards to safely expend some - you need either dupes or filler cards.

Rook can build a combat deck around Improvising cards which lets you choose from a list of cards randomly selected from [somewhere based on what improv card you're using] - for example Improvise a card from discard pile, or Improvise a card from draw pile. Some cards which Improvise other cards add special modifiers to improvised cards, like bonus damage or lower action cost. So in this effect having dupes or a larger deck with lots of Improvise cards sprinkled in will ensure that good cards that you want are always available in both the discard and draw pile. So for example you could stack your deck with lots of 0-cost cards and lots of Improvise cards (and especially "improvise a 0 cost card") so that you mostly play 0-cost cards and spend your actions on improvising other 0-cost cards. If you do this with a lean deck, then you run the risk of drawing cards that improvise from somewhere that you don't currently have cards (like "improvise from discard pile" right after shuffling)

It's a very fair point that the starting decks are strong enough to not need to. There's a mutator available after you beat the game once that lets you draft a starting deck and it makes the game more challenging IMO, and after a couple prestige levels the starting battle cards stop cutting it against final bosses. I think green negotiation cards are a bit too strong anyway (anything that revolves around stacking damage-increasing buffs/debuffs seems to be) and no I have never stopped passing on a lot of cards - but that also made me feel more comfortable about things like bribing my way through encounters (It costs some money and you don't get to pick a card at the end but :shrug: )

Anyway I got really into the game and played for 23 hours, had 5 victories as Sal and 2 as Rook and am getting sort of bored of it, you're definitely not wrong and no matter what my builds end up being some variation of "pick a strong damage card then find a way to buff it or play it multiple times per turn". They have the cards in place to encourage larger decks and picking more cards but the main problem I see is that most fights are pretty static. There aren't enemies where hostility just won't work and the only situations where diplomacy won't work are situation where you're forced to battle. The fix I'd like to see is making characters and battles a bit more varied (like: someone who always does counter damage when you attempt diplomacy, or an enemy with acidic blood that debuffs/damages you when you apply bleed, or whatever) so that your deck needs to incorporate a mix of strategies instead of leaning on one

But I really like the conceit of taking the huge amount of roguelite deckbuilders out there and turning them into more varied and fleshed-out experiences, and the way the story differs from run to run is enough to keep them feeling fresh. I've also been very interested in creating some sort of procedural generated narrative story-builder that actually generated stories that work and I think Griftlands does that very well, it's abstracted just enough to never slip up on minor details, the actual combat/gameplay mechanics themselves have a weird sort of fractal emergent narrative for each story beat (Just... the whole idea of playing a card battle using cards that are actual debate tactics which are themed appropriately for their effects, to create a story for yourself about how you convinced the guard to let you just walk past or whatever is super clever. Did I browbeat them into submission? Did I flex my official permits and papers without doing much work myself? Did I show them empathy and then backstab them with lies?)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 30, 2020

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Fruits of the sea posted:

The thread here has lots of good info: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850079

Utopia is probably the most substantive improvement because it lets you build cool poo poo like dyson spheres and ring planets as well as implementing some other features that are really useful.

What else you get depends on what you're interested in.

Megacorp: Do you want your civilization to be a galaxy spanning corporation?
Synthetic Dawn: Do you want to take over the galaxy as a robotic hive-mind? This would be my pick, just because some of the AI factions are really interesting.
Apocalypse: Do you want to build a death star?
Federations: Idunno, like space diplomacy or something? I haven't played around with this yet. Diplomacy is already in the base game but nobody likes it.

Leviathans: giant world-ending space creatures as well as some other weird poo poo.
Ancient relics: adds exploration/archaeology content. Cool, but definitely optional.
Distant Stars: Adds a ton of scripted story events and bonuses. If you like what's already in the game, this expands on it.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the thread!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

deep dish peat moss posted:

(re: Griftlands)

Some examples of some mid-size decks that are encouraged by cards:

One of Sal's packs gives "Expend" cards (I think it's the 5th or 6th one you get) which revolve around expending cards - one example is a Negotiation card that lets you expend any number of cards from your hand and gives you a stack of Smarts (+1 action each turn) for each one, so mulching some of your deck gives you more actions to play more cards, and if you're running a lean deck you won't have enough cards to safely expend some - you need either dupes or filler cards.

Rook can build a combat deck around Improvising cards which lets you choose from a list of cards randomly selected from [somewhere based on what improv card you're using] - for example Improvise a card from discard pile, or Improvise a card from draw pile. Some cards which Improvise other cards add special modifiers to improvised cards, like bonus damage or lower action cost. So in this effect having dupes or a larger deck with lots of Improvise cards sprinkled in will ensure that good cards that you want are always available in both the discard and draw pile. So for example you could stack your deck with lots of 0-cost cards and lots of Improvise cards (and especially "improvise a 0 cost card") so that you mostly play 0-cost cards and spend your actions on improvising other 0-cost cards. If you do this with a lean deck, then you run the risk of drawing cards that improvise from somewhere that you don't currently have cards (like "improvise from discard pile" right after shuffling)

It's a very fair point that the starting decks are strong enough to not need to. There's a mutator available after you beat the game once that lets you draft a starting deck and it makes the game more challenging IMO, and after a couple prestige levels the starting battle cards stop cutting it against final bosses. I think green negotiation cards are a bit too strong anyway (anything that revolves around stacking damage-increasing buffs/debuffs seems to be) and no I have never stopped passing on a lot of cards - but that also made me feel more comfortable about things like bribing my way through encounters (It costs some money and you don't get to pick a card at the end but :shrug: )

Anyway I got really into the game and played for 23 hours, had 5 victories as Sal and 2 as Rook and am getting sort of bored of it, you're definitely not wrong and no matter what my builds end up being some variation of "pick a strong damage card then find a way to buff it or play it multiple times per turn". They have the cards in place to encourage larger decks and picking more cards but the main problem I see is that most fights are pretty static. There aren't enemies where hostility just won't work and the only situations where diplomacy won't work are situation where you're forced to battle. The fix I'd like to see is making characters and battles a bit more varied (like: someone who always does counter damage when you attempt diplomacy, or an enemy with acidic blood that debuffs/damages you when you apply bleed, or whatever) so that your deck needs to incorporate a mix of strategies instead of leaning on one

But I really like the conceit of taking the huge amount of roguelite deckbuilders out there and turning them into more varied and fleshed-out experiences, and the way the story differs from run to run is enough to keep them feeling fresh. I've also been very interested in creating some sort of procedural generated narrative story-builder that actually generated stories that work and I think Griftlands does that very well, it's abstracted just enough to never slip up on minor details, the actual combat/gameplay mechanics themselves have a weird sort of fractal emergent narrative for each story beat (Just... the whole idea of playing a card battle using cards that are actual debate tactics which are themed appropriately for their effects, to create a story for yourself about how you convinced the guard to let you just walk past or whatever is super clever. Did I browbeat them into submission? Did I flex my official permits and papers without doing much work myself? Did I show them empathy and then backstab them with lies?)
ty for the post, I like discussing.

I've beaten Rook and Sal twice and every run so far negotiation has become a total joke and battle is more a question of whether I stalled out enough to level my cards in previous fights than anything else (also destroy-on-use cards have narrowly carried me through a few fights). The difficulty is definitely going to come from battle, not negotiation. There's a lot of smaller obviously broken things like "every purchase costs 20 less shills" stacking so that I'm paying 1 gold for drinks and healing for Rook and the metagame gets weird but I won't focus on that.

The reason I'm focusing on big deck vs small deck isn't because it's important to me that multiple playstyles are viable, it's more a comparison with Slay the Spire where I think every healthy pattern in that game and the reason it works into A20 comes from the promotion/necessity of big deck gameplay (in Spire's case, by making your starting cards atrocious) for the majority of runs at higher difficulties. I think GL is miles away from actually being rewarding to play extremely difficult runs of, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game to get huge and blow everything up in negotation because that's entertaining.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Will steam tell me if one of my idiotic reviews received a sticker?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Jesus loving Christ I cannot stop playing DemonCrawl. How is this game so addictive? It's just Minesweeper! But I can't stop!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Jesus loving Christ I cannot stop playing DemonCrawl. How is this game so addictive? It's just Minesweeper! But I can't stop!

Same. I just unlocked the post-Normal difficulties and I'm amazed it remains so challenging and fun enough it's cutting into my sleep schedule.

I cannot stress enough that DemonCrawl is just as good a "RPG + casual game" combo as Puzzle Quest ever was, and then some. I'm not even sure of what's happening in this game anymore at times.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, GOOD GOD

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
lol
https://www.pcgamer.com/amazons-crucible-is-being-un-released-and-going-back-into-closed-beta/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

now if only google would learn to do that to their projects instead of... whatever stadia is doing now

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I'm very excited for the Stadia Connect thingy in two weeks, to be honest
I'm a shitshow enthusiast, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

El_Elegante posted:

Will steam tell me if one of my idiotic reviews received a sticker?
Yes, but actually no.

Xander77 posted:

Huh. I got a community contributor badge:
"The Steam community has awarded you with 6 awards. People are really into what you're adding to the community! Congrats!"

But no way to figure out what those awards were, and for what, exactly.