Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

VideoGames posted:

I just wanted to say you have one of my favourite avs on the forums! :D

Wow this hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/forza_support/status/1276621666278232064

Tons of babies in the comments upset that the Imperial Japanese Rising Sun flag is banned as well.

Sorry babies, even Samurai Goroh had to swap out his hat for something else in the last Smash. You can't have someone potentially be a fighter in Smash sporting something like that now a days.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Wizard101 Update:

I actually really dig this art style, relatively simple models with nice cartoony painted textures. Very WoW and surprisingly effective.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i want a better av but now just isn't the time for that

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/forza_support/status/1276621666278232064

Tons of babies in the comments upset that the Imperial Japanese Rising Sun flag is banned as well.

Sorry babies, even Samurai Goroh had to swap out his hat for something else in the last Smash. You can't have someone potentially be a fighter in Smash sporting something like that now a days.

There usually aren’t enough idiot whiners to ratio a tweet like this. Bummer.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Colorado is the only map I didn't love from the first game

I warmed to Colorado a lot over time, it's more restrictive than other maps for sure, but once you start to pick it apart its got some of the most fun kills in the game.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

dreamless posted:

It's very competently executed! It looks good, it feels good to move around and fight, it's not particularly challenging in any sense of the word. If you've got a Castlevania itch that needs scratching, it'll do the job.

Phantasium posted:

It is fantastic and well worth your time. The only negative in my eyes is I wanted more of it, because it's a bit shorter than the games it's paying homage to.

Cool, thanks. I should probably just play Hollow Knight again if I want my Castlevania itch but I like the way this one looks too.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Jay Rust posted:

I love all of Agent 47’s double entendres, and, crucially, all of the inadvertent double entendres his targets make

“I’m ready for my shave, please make it a close one”

This and the way 47 turns out to be wildly talented at any skill he tries while undercover are the best running gags in the games. I remember bursting out laughing in the Bangkok mission when he just rips off a great drum solo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Apparently I'm a masochist because I've been trying to get King's Quest 8 running on a modern PC and so far:

It's hosed

When it does work. It crashes when you go into any menu.

Holy poo poo this game sucks, floaty jumps ahoy. Also Insert is the default jump button.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CyberPingu posted:

Also Insert is the default jump button.

I have never understood how game developers made such bat poo poo control decisions for years. They make decisions like, despite being professional computer touchers, they had never seen a keyboard.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I love all of Agent 47’s double entendres, and, crucially, all of the inadvertent double entendres his targets make

“I’m ready for my shave, please make it a close one”

It's fun that you can legitimately shave all the customers including the target then later just go shoot him in the head or w/e

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The ironic ones are the best, like in Bangkok killing the rock star exactly the same way he killed his girlfriend.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked the one target kill in Mumbai where you just get another assassin to kill the guy for you.

And of course the classic heart-in-the-trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD11fdXMdBU

Brutal

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

rubbin that cat's belly right now

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

It's fun that you can legitimately shave all the customers including the target then later just go shoot him in the head or w/e

"i have one rule in my line of work and it's no sweeney todding. easy rule. never broke it."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1278037133110972417

RIP

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How many Japanese people are even playing Forza

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How many Japanese people are even playing Forza
car people like forza, because there hasn't been an actual gran turismo in 10 years, and japan has a lot of car people

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/30/21307200/the-last-of-us-2-controversy-critics-press-naughty-dog-vice-review-leak-sony-ps4-playstation

I bet this was done at the behest of Druckmann

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There are creatures with visible internal organs who have thicker skin than Neil Druckmann.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

only thing better than twitter drama is news articles reporting on twitter drama

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

forums posts about news articles reporting on twitter drama

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

homeless snail posted:

forums posts about news articles reporting on twitter drama

Sharing this post on Digg.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

njsykora posted:

There are creatures with visible internal organs who have thicker skin than Neil Druckmann.

Druckmann was high-fiving Colin Moriarty becoming a game developer lead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

univbee posted:

Sharing this post on Digg.
*posting on discord* yall see this digg?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lets hang out posted:

only thing better than twitter drama is news articles reporting on twitter drama

This one is about Sony reaching out to a site over a negative review.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

*posting on discord* yall see this digg?

lemme link this shiat on Fark

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I just wanted to say you have one of my favourite avs on the forums! :D

Thank you! :blush:

Funnily enough this was always a compromise choice for me as it was the only gif of mode 7 I found that I could compress down enough to fit the forum's restrictions without it looking atrocious. It's grown on me though.

SNES Mode 7 stuff always makes me smile. Getting a Super Nintendo as a kid is what sent me spiraling headlong into playing videogames and this hobby has given me so much joy over the course of my life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I made this thing, I hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a1pVLAW3Ao

Sorry that the text goes by a little fast, I foolishly synched the sound effects before timing that out and didn't feel like starting over.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

You had me at dodgeball

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Godzilla says trans rights

https://twitter.com/TOHO_GODZILLA/status/1278044862294536194?s=20

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finished Old Pier, now I'm at 9/12 S-Ranks for Mania. Only levels left are Underground, Y Island, and Y Tower. :whitewater:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1278107549133352963

Not an actual quote posted:

In contrast to the games depictions of violence, torture, and murder; in order to accurately create a virtual baby, Naughty dog forced the artists to not see their children.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1278042185615712257

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

"Playing The Last of Us Part 2 is like digging at most one grave with your teeth," a Sony spokesperson elaborated.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is what it's like to be treated as art and not product

y'all wanted this, Schindler's List-rear end

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

They planted their heads up their asses when they put the literal laurels on the tlou ps4 box. Sony studios forever chasing Kojima's style, but never comprehending it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have been having a lot of trouble starting games lately (mainly because I have trouble getting myself to do anything, even the stuff I enjoy, these days) so it's honestly really annoying to put off starting a game for weeks and weeks and finally starting it and finding you kind of might hate it

Anyways, I really hate the controls in Maneater. With the way I'm used to using the camera, having the right stick also control where your moving feels just insanely frustrating and awkward. Like it feels like I have the camera setting wrong, but I don't it jsut feels wrong in the same way. And really that's my only problem of the very little I played but with my backlog, it's enough and that's annoying.

Also, anyone have July chat thread ideas? I have an idea but I'm always open to suggestions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bread and t-poses