Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
x-posting from the deals thread

gey muckle mowser posted:

Vestron has announced their first collector’s series titles in quite a while (Shivers and Little Monsters) and you can preorder them as a 2-pack for $23.99 + shipping from DiabolikDVD. That’s like half of what they have cost in the past.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/vestron-sept-2020-two-pack-shivers-little-monsters-blu-ray/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

It's about goddamn time they did some kind of release of Shivers. I normally would be like "I don't really give a poo poo about Little Monsters." but two Vestron blu-rays for that price? Why the hell not. That's less than what the usual price of one of their discs goes for.

edit: Oh poo poo. They're 13.50 each.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 28, 2020

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Thanks, I passed over this random Vestron link (I think somebody even posted it in the horror thread?" and didn't realize it was... loving Little Monsters!? AND Shivers!?

CPL593H posted:

"I don't really give a poo poo about Little Monsters."

:stare: Get out...

I don't know I haven't seen that movie since I was like 8, maybe it doesn't even hold up.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I watched it a bit ago on OnDemand. It still holds up. So underrated.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

I don't know I haven't seen that movie since I was like 8, maybe it doesn't even hold up.

That's my whole deal. That's why I'm just like "meh". I'm an adult now and I only like classy adult pictures like the one about the sex slugs.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Where does everyone prefer to grab Arrow releases? I’m thinking of grabbing Django and preordering Mallrats.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

Where does everyone prefer to grab Arrow releases? I’m thinking of grabbing Django and preordering Mallrats.

I just buy them when and where they're cheap. I think the B&N Criterion sales have the 50% discount other boutique labels including Arrow.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Boywhiz88 posted:

I usually get them from DiabolikDVD

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

King Vidiot posted:

Thanks, I passed over this random Vestron link (I think somebody even posted it in the horror thread?" and didn't realize it was... loving Little Monsters!? AND Shivers!?

It doesnt, I watched it last Christmas. Maybe it'll hit a nostalgia button or two, but I was mostly bored

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Top Shelf Frank Whaley performance.

I will give Little Monsters that much and nothing else.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Little Monsters is on Netflix until July 1. I might watch it because you guys were talking about it, but meh.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
If nothing else it has a really good Talking Heads song in it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like the two villains in Little Monsters. Snick is played by the goofy neighbor in the Burbs, and Boy was straight up terrifying.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Honestly, there's a 90% chance I'm not going to be motivated enough to watch the movie before it leaves Netflix and then just buy Shivers by itself because it's somehow way cheaper than I've ever seen a Vestron blu-ray and I still won't give a poo poo about Little Monsters. On the other hand, you know what's a movie that was on tv constantly in the 90s that absolutely holds up? Freaked.

BOYCOTT VINEGAR SYNDROME UNTIL THEY RELEASE THE FREAKED SPECIAL EDITION.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

Honestly, there's a 90% chance I'm not going to be motivated enough to watch the movie before it leaves Netflix and then just buy Shivers by itself because it's somehow way cheaper than I've ever seen a Vestron blu-ray and I still won't give a poo poo about Little Monsters. On the other hand, you know what's a movie that was on tv constantly in the 90s that absolutely holds up? Freaked.

Worked for Tammy and the T-Rex

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CPL593H posted:

It really does, there was a re:view on it recently which encouraged me to watch it again, and it's still just a great fun film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gk8cHCo4Y

I didn't know that it was actually supposed to be a commercial, studio film that cost a fair amount of money rather than the cult classic it became. The creature effects are just so great.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Worked for Tammy and the T-Rex

I know. BOYCOTT VINEGAR SYNDROME.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It really does, there was a re:view on it recently which encouraged me to watch it again, and it's still just a great fun film.

I didn't know that it was actually supposed to be a commercial, studio film that cost a fair amount of money rather than the cult classic it became. The creature effects are just so great.

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was no way that was ever going to be a hit. The general public is way too square.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'm still blown away that Tammy and the T-Rex was released on blu-ray never mind that it got this A+ treatment where they actually dug up the barely seen director's cut and played it in theaters. Like I can't even wrap my mind around any of that. For once complaining non-stop on the internet actually accomplished something.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I appreciate that Freaked is really the last Fox film that managed to get in a couple repertory screenings before everything was shut down and Disney sealed the vault forever.

(Alex Winter probably brought his own print)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I appreciate that Freaked is really the last Fox film that managed to get in a couple repertory screenings before everything was shut down and Disney sealed the vault forever.

(Alex Winter probably brought his own print)

Alex Winter seems like a really cool dude and I wish he did more stuff.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Is there a US Arrow sale happening anytime soon? I know they typically do something to coincide w the Criterion sale.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Origami Dali posted:

Is there a US Arrow sale happening anytime soon? I know they typically do something to coincide w the Criterion sale.

Grindhouse Video is supposed to have one starting the 1st. B&N will probably start then too.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Alex Winter seems like a really cool dude and I wish he did more stuff.

he makes documentaries, often

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

oh poo poo how did i miss that arrow is releasing a set of all the gamera movies. hell yeah

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Brexit the Frog posted:

he makes documentaries, often

Oh yeah, he was doing that Zappa thing. I guess I just want to see him act in more stuff and make weird crap like Freaked. I feel like doing some crazy poo poo like that would be better received now. Obviously not in multiplexes but the indie theater crowd would eat that poo poo right up.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Okay so I watched Little Monsters. It's loving terrible. Howie Mandel's character is like a really annoying discount Beetlejuice. The movie itself seems like they cut a bunch of poo poo out and at least one subplot. The only thing the movie had going for it was Frank Whaley and he's in the movie for less than five minutes. I can't see any reason people wanted this on blu-ray other than blind nostalgia. Aside from the movie generally being lovely I can't imagine anyone over the age of ten finding any entertainment value in it. Do yourselves a favor and just buy Shivers for 14 bucks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

Okay so I watched Little Monsters. It's loving terrible. Howie Mandel's character is like a really annoying discount Beetlejuice. The movie itself seems like they cut a bunch of poo poo out and at least one subplot. The only thing the movie had going for it was Frank Whaley and he's in the movie for less than five minutes. I can't see any reason people wanted this on blu-ray other than blind nostalgia. Aside from the movie generally being lovely I can't imagine anyone over the age of ten finding any entertainment value in it. Do yourselves a favor and just buy Shivers for 14 bucks.

I was afraid of that, I haven't seen Little Monsters since I was about 10. It just seemed to me like a super odd pairing to go along with Shivers of all movies.

I'd say it should be pared with Rabid, but I'm probably biased because I did that as a double feature on Tubi or Pluto or something in the before times.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Bluray.com has an announcement(no release date yet) for a Hitchcock 4k set with Psycho, Vertigo, The Birds, and Rear Window.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yall wanna spend 45 goddamn dollars on a sweet, sweet 4K?

https://twitter.com/A24/status/1278010660157259776

CPL593H posted:

The only thing the movie had going for it was Frank Whaley
I tried to tell you.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 30, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I tried to tell you.

You know, I got about ten minutes in and was like "This is terrible and I should stop watching it." and I did not stop watching it against my better judgement. The rest of you mother fuckers peer pressured me.

BOYCOTT ARROW FILMS UNTIL THEY DON'T RELEASE LITTLE MONSTERS ON BLU-RAY.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CPL593H posted:

The movie itself seems like they cut a bunch of poo poo out and at least one subplot.

So what you're saying is that... there may be an alternative R-rated gore cut that we need to campaign for????

RELEASE THE LITTLE MONSTERS GORE CUT

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

So what you're saying is that... there may be an alternative R-rated gore cut that we need to campaign for????

RELEASE THE LITTLE MONSTERS GORE CUT

BOYCOTT FEEDMYLEG UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE 1989 FILM LITTLE MONSTERS.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

caligulamprey posted:

Yall wanna spend 45 goddamn dollars on a sweet, sweet 4K?

https://twitter.com/A24/status/1278010660157259776

I tried to tell you.

I'm not even mad.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just got it on iTunes because I assumed they had the rights to the extended cut and it’d never see a physical release

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I already preordered the two pack :negative:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

I just bought Shivers only. Tried watching Little Monsters a year ago and couldn't even finish it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alec Eiffel posted:

I just got it on iTunes because I assumed they had the rights to the extended cut and it’d never see a physical release

When the Midsommar DC was playing in theaters Ari Aster said it would never be released in any other form. I figured that was bullshit.

MacheteZombie posted:

Can't you just cancel it?

Franchescanado posted:

I just bought Shivers only. Tried watching Little Monsters a year ago and couldn't even finish it.

Yeah I was willing to just buy it because 23 bucks for Shivers is a price I'm willing to pay, especially since those Vestron blu-rays are usually 30 bucks at least and don't see a price drop for a while. When I saw you could buy it alone for 14 bucks I was like "Aww, yea.". Thanks to whoever mentioned it. Now someone needs to release the Dead Zone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Can't you just cancel it?

I could.......

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I could.......

Today's the last day you can watch Little Monsters on Netflix. Go do that and honestly tell me you want a copy of that movie in your home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Today's the last day you can watch Little Monsters on Netflix. Go do that and honestly tell me you want a copy of that movie in your home.

I'm actually waiting on their customer service to cancel the order lol.