Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Let us remember this day by posting our favorite terry funk freakouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSRyY4IM8y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwfoxfNG3Qs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOHt4JEBaY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Terry Funk is the platonic ideal of how a wrestler should be.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
hapy barsbay grandad funk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is he retired?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Effectively yes. He tried coming back from hernia surgery instead of resting for 2 weeks and that apparently really did long lasting damage. Meltzer said he's not been doing well the last 2 years.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I went to a WCW house show during it's dying days and the only thing that impressed me on that show was how great Terry Funk was at throwing a chair. Like he threw an open chair and it chased Dustin Rhodes around ringside. Later he threw a chair from the entry way and it hit Dustin square in the head mid-ring, with the correct part of the seat making the impact and everything. It was majestic. I'm still in awe of it.

That's my Terry Funk story thank you for listening.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He's probably the nicest wrestler I ever met. My friends and I were going to get a picture with him at a show, he tried to sign an autograph but his pen wouldn't work. So he insisted we weren't leaving until someone brought him a functioning pen. Then he commented to my friend's daughter (about 10 at the time) "Little darlin you probably have no clue who I am, but that's alright." Finally took a picture with us, looked at it, and goes "Naw, that one ain't no good. Let's do that again"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'll kick your rear end, horse

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's amazing that a man like Terry Funk outlived Carl Reiner.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8g19YbAcCY

If you've ever seen early ECW (I'm talking before Paul E took over as booker from Eddie Gilbert) Terry Funk is absolutely the standout of their TV week after week. He's so funny, so charismatic, so drat likeable. And I've seen a lot less of his NWA stuff but you read about his run in the 70s as NWA World Champ, you see his promos from the 80s as a heel, you see him promising to end Flair's career, you see him telling Flair he doesn't want his belt or his money he wants to take Flair's pride, lying on the ground yelling "my eye" after having his own cheap trick come back to hit him in the face against Lawler in Memphis. Whatever he was doing Terry Funk was always someone you couldn't take your eyes away from.

Legitimately one of the best ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fuckin horse!!! I'll kick your rear end!!!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Terry Funk is the platonic ideal of how a wrestler should be.

Agreed. In my estimation, he's the best of all time and Mick Foley was right when he said that Terry's strength as a worker was making his matches genuinely unpredictable in the way an actual fight would be. He's my favorite opponent for Foley, Flair, and Lawler and his deathmatch stuff in Japan was legitimately compelling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Terry gently caress

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Terry gently caress

Terrence gently caress

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/twnG-DzBY0A

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WWE having a bunch of promos only on wwe.com means that until someone really goes digging, the Satchel rear end promo is gone. Someone must find the Satchel rear end promo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god this is amazing

Sandman's laugh is killing me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Terry Funk got sucked off by a cow, and I don't know how to deal with this

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

look out, terry's going down the big slide!

wheee eee eee eee eee

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I used to live in Amarillo and ended up on a flight with Terry Funk. He was chill, and I've never heard a bad thing about him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the story somebody told about meeting Terry Funk as a kid and Terry telling him to stay out of jail. Then years later they saw Funk and said,"Hey you won't remember but when I was a kid I met y-" and Terry interrupted to shout,"YOU STAYED OUT OF JAIL! :hellyeah:" :lol:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love the story somebody told about meeting Terry Funk as a kid and Terry telling him to stay out of jail. Then years later they saw Funk and said,"Hey you won't remember but when I was a kid I met y-" and Terry interrupted to shout,"YOU STAYED OUT OF JAIL! :hellyeah:" :lol:

legit one of my favorite Funk stories :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Terry Funk rules and stayed at a convention I was at to sign autographs long after everyone else was gone. It was him, Steamboat, Xavier Woods, and Roman Reigns left 2 hours after it was supposed to end. He’s the nicest guy in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Edit:wrong thread