Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The best waw for suppression is king of greed for as long as you keep everything behind it you will never take any damage from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

It teleports all over the place, its attack hits the whole room for massive damage, it's generally in a hallway so it's awful to dodge the attack even though it has a tell, and it's resistant to black damage and immune to pale damage. So yeah, it's definitely possible to suppress it without taking casualties, but you should expect a lot of clerks to die in the process, which in turn will probably cause issues for you with clouded monk.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Without spoilers, how hosed up am I if I've chosen O-01-45? It's probably pure paranoia, so far they have only given to employees and gifted them a fancy hat. It's a stupid Zayin, even.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 30, 2020

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Fancy clock, that.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If you've got some good pale armor you can live with it. If not :shrug:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

This is probably a good idea that cannot possibly blow up in my face in any way.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I mean, when in doubt, go back to your beginnings.

Spoilers about O-01-45: This game has a cruel tendency of having abnormalities appear to be Zayin but then turn into Aleph. I’m looking at you, Army of Black. At least with White Night, you can fall back on your good old floating skull pal. He really is a good friend. I’m honestly not sure which is the worst Aleph. Nothing There and CENSORED seem horrifying.

I’m sure it will be fine though.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Without spoilers, how hosed up am I if I've chosen O-01-45? It's probably pure paranoia, so far they have only given to employees and gifted them a fancy hat. It's a stupid Zayin, even.
Everything will be just fine. Blessings for everyone!

Please keep us updated. :)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

pumpinglemma posted:

Please keep us updated. :)

Surprisingly, it was NOT a good idea. Half the facility lost and I was dumb and pressed the End Day button without thinking, so there goes a bunch of equipment.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Surprisingly, it was NOT a good idea. Half the facility lost and I was dumb and pressed the End Day button without thinking, so there goes a bunch of equipment.

RIP. O-01-45 is an rear end in a top hat.

Unless you can defeat White Night or use the 12th apostle to confess to Skull Head, you can’t pause and retry the day anyways.

May be worth doing a repository reset cause that abnormality is very harsh.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah, that one's probably a repository reset then. The good news is that even if you got O-01-45 after your last memory point, you'll never have to worry about the clock again.

That is also the bad news.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Well, I made it through a Green Dusk with only two deaths, thanks to some good advice I got on Discord the last time I tried. Could probably have avoided those too if I were paying closer heed, but I was deathballing so it was hard to see the health bars.

Unfortunately I lost two more lives when the Clerk's Rights Squad escaped in the commotion. Woulda only lost one to it (which taught me how to avoid that) but I had to send someone deep into the dark department to tag the bloody train.

So here's my facility as at day 26, represented by things that aren't my abnormalities.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Tenebrais posted:

Well, I made it through a Green Dusk with only two deaths, thanks to some good advice I got on Discord the last time I tried. Could probably have avoided those too if I were paying closer heed, but I was deathballing so it was hard to see the health bars.

Unfortunately I lost two more lives when the Clerk's Rights Squad escaped in the commotion. Woulda only lost one to it (which taught me how to avoid that) but I had to send someone deep into the dark department to tag the bloody train.

So here's my facility as at day 26, represented by things that aren't my abnormalities.

...it hurts that I can recognize what most of these are.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

...it hurts that I can recognize what most of these are.

:same:

Still, would be fun to put in spoilers what they all correlate to.

Also, there’s a discord???

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

jimmydalad posted:

Also, there’s a discord???

There is a wiki discord, and a reddit discord, and CKC translations (the guys translating all the PM stuff into english at this point) has its own discord too, which is basically all PM stuff at this point.

So there's like, three discords. Four if you're counting Library of Ruina stuff, which has its own discord for the reddit channel too. Also the LP discord mentioned in the sandcastle thread will sometimes talk about the game in the general chat, but it's not a focused discord so. :v:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

Also the LP discord mentioned in the sandcastle thread will sometimes talk about the game in the general chat, but it's not a focused discord so. :v:

Which is the Discord I got the advice from! From you, if I recall correctly. It was very helpful.

Anyway, since y'all wanted to know what they are:

Control:
One Sin and One Hundred Good Deeds
1.76 Mhz
Old Lady
Mirror of Adjustment

Information:
Today's Shy Look
Punishing Bird
The Lady Facing The Wall
You Must Be Happy

Safety:
King of Greed
The Red Shoes
Notes from a Crazed Researcher
The Dreaming Current

Training:
Void Dream
Crumbling Armour
Scorched Girl
Old Faith And Promise

Central:
Happy Teddy Bear
Schadenfreude
Child of the Galaxy
Backwards Clock
The Snow Queen
Big Bird
Porccubus
Express Train To Hell

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 30, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Tenebrais, the two I don’t think I can get are the MRI scanner and the 4 marbles on the edge off the cliff. I think I can guess the rest?

Ah, spoiler list came out while I was posting.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Which is the Discord I got the advice from! From you, if I recall correctly. It was very helpful.

Glad to hear it. This game is hard so I try to give workable advice, but sometimes my schemes are a little too cockamamie to work.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I mean your lp and the wiki have helped me not lose my sanity entirely. I still have bad memories from Wall Gazer.

gently caress Wall Gazer.

EDIT: Was watching a twitch stream of someone playing this game and they picked up O-01-45 and then immediately had a memory reposition update :negative:. They stopped the stream before looking at it but that’s gonna be a hard reset considering the highest level character they had was a 3.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 30, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I mean your lp and the wiki have helped me not lose my sanity entirely. I still have bad memories from Wall Gazer.

gently caress Wall Gazer.

EDIT: Was watching a twitch stream of someone playing this game and they picked up O-01-45 and then immediately had a memory reposition update :negative:. They stopped the stream before looking at it but that’s gonna be a hard reset considering the highest level character they had was a 3.

Yeah that's gonna be either require very careful maneuvering or it'll just become an outright :ohno: situation.

Probably the latter, considering.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
Malkuth really screwed up this time.

Reset to Early game with some, uh interesting early Abnormality choice (slight abnormality spoiler):

Yes that was my only choice, I am fairly certain about what caused it to happen, as it happened once before in the exact same way with something else, so potentially ANY Abnormality could take that spot

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, the abnormality storage glitch. :allears:

I plan to cover it in the LP thread MUCH much later, but long story short is if you already have an abno on deck, it comes instead of One Sin.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Very lategame spoilers!

Can anyone think of a reason why some of my agents are consistently panicking when the Arbiter shows up at Meltdown V on Day 49? I'm not pushing the pause button or anything, and I don't recall it happening when doing her basic Core Suppression.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

Very lategame spoilers!

Can anyone think of a reason why some of my agents are consistently panicking when the Arbiter shows up at Meltdown V on Day 49? I'm not pushing the pause button or anything, and I don't recall it happening when doing her basic Core Suppression.

Most likely, her initial spikes are hitting people multiple times and causing them to die or panic. Try spreading agents out to one per corridor/room, this way they’ll only be able to be hit by one, instead of 2-3 like frequently would happen in my arbiter fights. Outside of that there’s nothing specific to the arbiter itself that would panic people, so just run a basic check of abnormalities to make sure none of them are doing it instead somehow.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ah yeah, i considered that and discarded it because it was specifically my maxed out aleph geared kill team who were panicking, but of course i had them all standing together ready to go in the elevator shaft so they must've gotten hit by a bunch of those intended for each other, duh.

thanks!

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I wouldn't mind maybe an easier early difficulty curve. My third anomaly on day 3 I think is Fragment of the Universe who I either have to leave alone or it invariably escapes and its game over.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

ah yeah, i considered that and discarded it because it was specifically my maxed out aleph geared kill team who were panicking, but of course i had them all standing together ready to go in the elevator shaft so they must've gotten hit by a bunch of those intended for each other, duh.

thanks!

Oh yeah, this is definitely it then, they likely got hit by a LOT of them, then one of them panicked, which is a 10% SP damage hit to everyone in the elevator who's the same level, which then panics someone else, which is another 10% SP hit... and before it's over 10 people have panicked which means everyone panics.

Sekenr posted:

I wouldn't mind maybe an easier early difficulty curve. My third anomaly on day 3 I think is Fragment of the Universe who I either have to leave alone or it invariably escapes and its game over.

Since it has a QC of 2, you have some wiggle room for dealing with it. Just avoid it and work it when the game forces you to, and sneak in an extra work at the end of the day if possible. It won't escape until after the results countdown, so even if you're unlucky you can end right after the work is complete without penalty. Once you get the observation bonuses for it, it gets much easier, the +10% from that goes a long way towards keeping it in the cell.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay this loop 2 is going far too well. Day 20 and as of day 19 I just finished mining Dreams of a Black Swan for gear, so now I have two full WAW abnormalities worth of gear, and more importantly, she gave me two WAW level black melee weapons which is going to be important for my day 20 task, dealing with four breached abnormalities. I think I can handle it at this point, just have to be very careful not to gently caress up my works with Black Swan for the day in the process. How bad an idea is it to knock this out now, because I really don't want to have to farm for Meltdowns while risking Dusks ruining my entire plan.

The abnormalities in question are Scorched Girl, Porccubus, All-Around Helper, and Schadenfreude. ...Don't quite have a safe way to trigger most of the breakouts except for Qlipoth Meltdowns, but I'm able to handle all three of the noons without an issue at this point. Schadenfreude seems like the easiest to take out since I can just let him out on my own at the start of the day and then have a deathball wipe him out while I'm not looking. Scorched Girl is a nice, safe Teth with low HP, so provided I don't accidentally put her target on the suppression squad, that's another one down. All-Around Helper is the first potential threat but Naked Nest's armor is highly resistant to red damage, and Porccubus was annoying but I actually have Red and Black melee weapons from HE and WAW to deal with his gimmick now and pretty much every one of my agents is above Temperance 3 except the newbies. Thanks, Laetitia!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay this loop 2 is going far too well. Day 20 and as of day 19 I just finished mining Dreams of a Black Swan for gear, so now I have two full WAW abnormalities worth of gear, and more importantly, she gave me two WAW level black melee weapons which is going to be important for my day 20 task, dealing with four breached abnormalities. I think I can handle it at this point, just have to be very careful not to gently caress up my works with Black Swan for the day in the process. How bad an idea is it to knock this out now, because I really don't want to have to farm for Meltdowns while risking Dusks ruining my entire plan.

The abnormalities in question are Scorched Girl, Porccubus, All-Around Helper, and Schadenfreude. ...Don't quite have a safe way to trigger most of the breakouts except for Qlipoth Meltdowns, but I'm able to handle all three of the noons without an issue at this point. Schadenfreude seems like the easiest to take out since I can just let him out on my own at the start of the day and then have a deathball wipe him out while I'm not looking. Scorched Girl is a nice, safe Teth with low HP, so provided I don't accidentally put her target on the suppression squad, that's another one down. All-Around Helper is the first potential threat but Naked Nest's armor is highly resistant to red damage, and Porccubus was annoying but I actually have Red and Black melee weapons from HE and WAW to deal with his gimmick now and pretty much every one of my agents is above Temperance 3 except the newbies. Thanks, Laetitia!

Honestly you should be fine-half of those are free, and if you're good at dealing with the robot's pattern that goes to 3/4ths. Just keep a careful eye on your agent's stats as you're engaging with the head-popper and I don't think you'll see any issues. Don't be afraid to have people break off and heal up back at a main room.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So, good news, I managed to make it through the day and get all of T-04-53's gear without anyone dying! Ironically, the % decreases from constantly working her work in your favour so having the ability to have 1-2 people spam working her and was able to get mostly normal results. When she did get out, it was more annoying than killer as her attacks are highly telegraphed and just chasing her around when she teleports was tedious as hell.

However, I also have King of Greed and CENSORED in my facility. The former should be ok. The latter is going to be... interesting.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah. Can be worth setting a white damage therapy team outside Censored, depending on what other tricks you have available.

Clearing Netzach's quests makes a big difference in a bunch of combat. Though my first Aleph has a suit that white heals others in the area regularly which makes a bunch of bug hunts easier anyway.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

It took a lot of working parts, including Black Bullets and Portrait, but I managed to farm the gear for CENSORED and King of Greed on the same day. Many thanks to TeeQueue for the advice.

Next up is T-02-71 and T-09-82.

Luckily, the only ordeals I had to deal with were Crimson dawn and noon, which was not an issue.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Sekenr posted:

It's not easy but definitely doable, I know since that was also my third anomaly. The gear it gives is really really good too, so that makes it worth putting up with it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

pumpinglemma posted:

Yeah, that one's probably a repository reset then. The good news is that even if you got O-01-45 after your last memory point, you'll never have to worry about the clock again.

I have just discovered what you meant :suicide:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m reading about the legacy version of this game and my god, it’s even more convoluted than this game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pumpinglemma posted:

So it only does the transform gimmick once?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

So it only does the transform gimmick once?
Yes, the transformation is a one-time event that will never repeat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pumpinglemma posted:

Yes, the transformation is a one-time event that will never repeat.

That makes me a lot more willing to deal with it should it show up again.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am thinking about getting this game but...are there jump scares? Because I am a huge baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

I am thinking about getting this game but...are there jump scares? Because I am a huge baby.

There is one abnormality that does that so as long as you know what to avoid you should be good.