Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

There’s no way any team sport in America plays a full / finishes a season in 2020. Probably not 2021 either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

Yeah, I am actually surprised Garland didn't land in the bottom 10.

Garland had a rough start but really picked it up after that.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Worth pointing out density has nothing to do with infection rate. What matters is interactions between people, per person, per day. Because the U.S. has a largely homogeneous culture of interacting with other people (or a small set of subcultures, compare New Yorkers to southerners) we see largely similar spread across the entire country even when considering vast differences in geography and population density.

Yeah, I read an interesting article talking about that.

Density and interactions per day (and interactions across different subgroups) overlap to a degree but in some areas not nearly as much as some thought.

Dejan Bimble posted:

At this point it's clear that most of the US is going to get this infection. Cancelling the season won't change that. These guys are perfectly capable of getting sick while hanging out at home.

The longer the pandemic lasts the better the treatments and protocols for keeping borderline cases alive will become. It's the tug of war between those wanting to socially distance and those wanting to accelerate the spread etc.

We'll be able to determine what should've been done better in hindsight. Kind of like with hindsight I think most would want Biden to be POTUS from 2009-2017 with Obama as VPOTUS due to age factors. And then Obama POTUS from 2017-2025 with DJT as VPOTUS. I bet Obama would've worn a mask.

Or maybe AOC as POTUS from 2021-2025 with DJT as VPOTUS living in the White House basement throwing fits on Twitter. If I was emperor that's what I'd decree.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Please god please remove the politics module from Zogo Bot.

It's still in alpha.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Silicon lives matter

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

According to Bill Simmons, which is not the greatest source.

bill simmons just mentioned it on a recent podcast, so his quote is getting thrown in there. the actual source is Dan Feldman from 2014: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/report-james-dolan-gave-out-copies-of-his-cd-during-2010-summer-of-lebron-free-agent-meetings/

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Zogo posted:

Kind of like with hindsight I think most would want Biden to be POTUS from 2009-2017 with Obama as VPOTUS due to age factors. And then Obama POTUS from 2017-2025 with DJT as VPOTUS. I bet Obama would've worn a mask.

Or maybe AOC as POTUS from 2021-2025 with DJT as VPOTUS living in the White House basement throwing fits on Twitter. If I was emperor that's what I'd decree.

jesus christ zogobot just dropped the Hulk Hogan nWo heel turn on us, so drat casually

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I am enjoying these simulations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

jesus christ zogobot just dropped the Hulk Hogan nWo heel turn on us, so drat casually

Merely joking speculation. But where's the heel turn?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rick posted:

Garland had a rough start but really picked it up after that.

i am here for Garland Sexton Osman for life

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
someone overcame his bullying

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1278102596734070784

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh poo poo suns making a run

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1278102985755602944?s=19

Crossposting here because Magic is the Messi of twitter.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

bill simmons just mentioned it on a recent podcast, so his quote is getting thrown in there. the actual source is Dan Feldman from 2014: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/report-james-dolan-gave-out-copies-of-his-cd-during-2010-summer-of-lebron-free-agent-meetings/

Oh no, I totally 100% believe he handed out CDs of his band to NBA free agents, that happened. The "Lebron was all set to sign with the Knicks but the ONLY reason he didn't was because of the meeting" seems far fetched. The Miami thing was set in motion years before.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Zogo how well does Schroders season match up with other top 6th men

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

suns have a bunch of bad guards, what's one more on the pile...?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/QBfWui3.mp4

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one time i got really good seats to a bulls/hornets game and i spent a lot of the pregame shootaround yelling at tyler hansborough that it was illegal to elbow people in basketball and it is against the rules to hit people with your elbows and if he's not careful with his elbows someone could get hurt, basically i was just going in on his elbows, but the music was loud and he absolutely did not hear a single word, but he will read this and get upset that he was so viciously attacked.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fine let's do this sun Kings bullshit so I can get in close

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

WhyteRyce posted:

Fine let's do this sun Kings bullshit so I can get in close

If the Sun-Kings were real i would buy all the jerseys!

They would still finish 7th-10th in the west.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This isn't going to happen

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

chilihead posted:

They would still finish 7th-10th in the west.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

This isn't going to happen

Yeah. yeah...

:(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who was better and why? Prime Steve Nash vs Prime Jason Kidd

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Career you could maybe argue Kidd for longevity and health but peak Nash because he was an elite shooter and PG defense doesn't matter enough to make up the difference

MourningView fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 1, 2020

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Nash by far, not even close.

TS+ for their career (basically Zogo's Net Points metric)

Nash: +2127.5
Kidd: -806.5

Nash wasn't just a much better jump shooter, he was also a far superior finisher at the rim. Career FG% 0-3ft from the basket of 63.8% for Nash vs 55.5% for Kidd.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 1, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nash would also be a lot more valuable now because he'd be asked to take way more threes, he kinda created the modern lead guard archetype

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

NBA Commissioner Hopes for ‘Mutual Respect’ with China after Hong Kong Row
https://news.yahoo.com/nba-commissioner-hopes-mutual-respect-211453303.html

Pacers' Nate McMillan says Trump 'fueled' division with MAGA 'trigger word'
https://sports.yahoo.com/pacers-nate-mc-millan-says-trump-fueled-anger-division-make-america-great-again-164030291.html

Metapod posted:

Zogo how well does Schroders season match up with other top 6th men

Top 10/bottom 10 of bench GmSc this season:

code:
GmSc	Player
890.6	Montrezl Harrell
775	Dennis Schröder
650	Lou Williams
648.9	Jordan Clarkson
609.5	Goran Dragic
604.8	Terrence Ross
604.8	Mitchell Robinson
560	Davis Bertans
554.6	Brandon Clarke
512	Coby White

-1.2	Quinndary Weatherspoon
-1.5	Isaiah Roby
-2	Gary Harris
-2	Josh Gray
-2	Miye Oni
-2.5	Vic Law
-2.6	Josh Richardson
-3	William Howard
-3.6	Stanton Kidd
-4.2	Kevin Hervey

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Maybe this stat is not so good.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

Here are the best/worst bench players this season according to BPM:

code:
Player			BPM
Montrezl Harrell	2.7
Delon Wright		2.7
Mitchell Robinson	2.6
Justin Holiday		1.6
Jordan Clarkson		1.6
Davis Bertans		1.2
Lou Williams		0.9
Troy Brown		0.2
Doug McDermott		0.0
Dennis Schröder	       -0.2
Patty Mills	       -0.2
Terrence Ross	       -0.4
Langston Galloway      -0.4
Goran Dragic	       -0.4
Bobby Portis	       -0.6
Austin Rivers          -2.0
Coby White	       -2.6
Anfernee Simons	       -4.2

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Quinndary Weatherspoon is a bobson dugnut generated name right

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kevin hervey... stanton kidd...

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
mods please change my name to quinndary weatherspoon, thank you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Starting Michael Chiklis as VIC LAW

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Who was better and why? Prime Steve Nash vs Prime Jason Kidd

Nash was a 50/40/90 guy in his prime. Kidd never sniffed those numbers, although he did develop the 3-pt stroke at the end of his career. Also, Nash wasn't a woman-beater AFAIK.

Makes me think of a semi-related question, how would Reggie Miller look in 2010s-style analytics-driven basketball?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

chilihead posted:

l'Association c'est moi

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jason Kidd was really good at defense

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jason Kidd holding the third all time 3pters made record for a while just boggles my mind, he's still #9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

what is your big issue with that list?

Blind Pineapple posted:

Nash was a 50/40/90 guy in his prime. Kidd never sniffed those numbers, although he did develop the 3-pt stroke at the end of his career. Also, Nash wasn't a woman-beater AFAIK.

Makes me think of a semi-related question, how would Reggie Miller look in 2010s-style analytics-driven basketball?

And when Kidd learned to shoot it was after he lost all his quickness and couldn't take people off the dribble anymore, so he was only making catch and shoot threes. That's a lot less valuable than Nash shooting off the dribble, even if you make them at a higher rate.