Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Housh posted:

For sure. I hope one comes out for the DualSense. I’m trying to find another one for my second controller but they still seem sold out everywhere in Canada.

I'm genuinely amazed the DualSense is releasing without back paddles. Whole thing seems like a bit of a clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I have one of the quiet Ps4 pro models but I bought this just in case

Can’t hurt to improve airflow.

Also, I love grinding in bloodborne. I found a few really good grinding spots and am now very high level because I’m a brute and I love brute forcing my way through fights with strength.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Dreams goes into VR July 22nd apparently.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I'm genuinely amazed the DualSense is releasing without back paddles. Whole thing seems like a bit of a clusterfuck.

They have to be planning an Xbox Elite style version with paddles and such included. There's probably a lot of money in gouging hardcores for this kind of thing.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Policenaut posted:

They have to be planning an Xbox Elite style version with paddles and such included. There's probably a lot of money in gouging hardcores for this kind of thing.

Ugh god I hope not. Just at least give us another $30 widget, and this time maybe produce more than a couple hundred of the things.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Attitude Indicator posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kl5qbQQsV3I

This looks cool. Maybe something that can scratch that puzzler itch that the Witness left. Out July 7.

This looks great! We need more puzzle games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm I might get Dreams

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
My copy of TLoU2 finally arrived, just in time for my second summer class to start too :negative:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

free hubcaps posted:

somehow i missed a new biomutant trailer dropping a few days ago, i continue to be hyped for this game though we havnt heard anything about it in a long time and there's still no firm release date...it looks like they've done a lot a work at varying the character designs among other things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UANjcVtn4s

poo poo looks so imaginative, i really hope thq nordic can pull it off

Ugh. Not digging that at all.
All of what you're describing is what I felt after the first trailers, but this?

It looks like (this is all my personal interpretation and speculation of course) they aped

- BotW open world
- soulslike bosses
- Borderlands loot
- Ubisoft outpost clearing

and tacked on a far-eastern theme (in an attempt to hopping on the Sekiro/Ghost of Tsushima bandwagon? Who knows.) that feels super generic and feels like a waste/makes no sense when you can invent a whole new world setting. Why are these colorful beasts ninjas of all things?

That trailer erased every hope I had for this game to bring something truly original to the table. It didn't even touch on the original premise that you would be able to evolve your character into different beasts through the eponymous mutations. Whoa, you popped out some tiny batwings to glide around (again, strong BotW vibes). Sure, the mutations could play a bigger role in the final product, but that was the selling point when the game was first introduced, you'd assume they'd lay more heavily into it in a 10 minute gameplay trailer.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Something about that trailer felt really off. Like it was edited by someone who didn't quite know what they were doing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

mcbexx posted:

Ugh. Not digging that at all.
All of what you're describing is what I felt after the first trailers, but this?

It looks like (this is all my personal interpretation and speculation of course) they aped

- BotW open world
- soulslike bosses
- Borderlands loot
- Ubisoft outpost clearing

and tacked on a far-eastern theme (in an attempt to hopping on the Sekiro/Ghost of Tsushima bandwagon? Who knows.) that feels super generic and feels like a waste/makes no sense when you can invent a whole new world setting. Why are these colorful beasts ninjas of all things?

That trailer erased every hope I had for this game to bring something truly original to the table. It didn't even touch on the original premise that you would be able to evolve your character into different beasts through the eponymous mutations. Whoa, you popped out some tiny batwings to glide around (again, strong BotW vibes). Sure, the mutations could play a bigger role in the final product, but that was the selling point when the game was first introduced, you'd assume they'd lay more heavily into it in a 10 minute gameplay trailer.

Yeah oddly same. I was really intrigued by the first trailer but this doesn't look interesting at all

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

Something about that trailer felt really off. Like it was edited by someone who didn't quite know what they were doing.

Seriously. The game itself looks like it might be fine but that trailer isn't doing it any favors. it feels very amateurishly edited which makes the game look cheaper than it probably is.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I've not played anything made after 2002 since the start of the lockdown in March and now I'm playing something on the PS4 with camera controls on the right stick and... my brain isn't wired to use inverted anymore?

The curse... it's lifted! I'm free!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

I've not played anything made after 2002 since the start of the lockdown in March and now I'm playing something on the PS4 with camera controls on the right stick and... my brain isn't wired to use inverted anymore?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ghost of Tsushima off to a fine start.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1277970241218199552?s=20

That's the Japanese main menu, and it's very obviously (to Japanese speakers) machine-translated. Hopefully the Japanese version of the game they were planning isn't all like that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yikes, thats not how you write any of those things

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Yikes, thats not how you write any of those things

Well, Google blessed them with the correct translation for "Settings."

Especially dodgy since they could have booted up almost any modern game in Japanese and seen what the options were called and stolen them. Or just left it in English, since plenty of games do this (although it would be weird for a Samurai universe game like this is).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Can’t hurt to improve airflow.

I've just got my PS4 sitting on top of the boxes for my 360 and PS4 and the plastic that came with the latter, so that's probably why I haven't had as many fan problems as most people.

I don't have a full entertainment system set up in my room or anything. It's just out in the open accumulating a layer of dust.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Akuma posted:

:O I've been inverted ever since my first console game was Halo and I didn't know I could turn off inverted. Its cursed me ever since

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can get used to the opposite I've just never felt the need to

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

univbee posted:

Well, Google blessed them with the correct translation for "Settings."

Especially dodgy since they could have booted up almost any modern game in Japanese and seen what the options were called and stolen them. Or just left it in English, since plenty of games do this (although it would be weird for a Samurai universe game like this is).

on the plus side, that's gotta be an easy fix they can patch on day 1, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

morallyobjected posted:

on the plus side, that's gotta be an easy fix they can patch on day 1, right?

If it's an isolated issue, yeah, but if it's representative of how they localized the entire game that's a huge amount of work and they may not have considering it a problem until outsiders had a look.

Also we're so close to release that the day 1 patch is probably finalized by now and they'd have to really rush to slip an extra localization change into it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Very cool idea. PS4 flat on wood shelving builds up so much heat!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Very cool idea. PS4 flat on wood shelving builds up so much heat!

That is a cool idea. Looks like a smart and cheap solution.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Maybe Sony's right about having the weird little pedestal to lay the PS5 flat on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My copy of Ghost of Tsushima got delayed. Early estimate is the 22nd, while the other end of that range is August 5th. Looks like digital for me!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I've gone through all the options in Last of Us 2, but I still haven't found the option to turn vibration off. Am I missing it, or is it really not available?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I've gone through all the options in Last of Us 2, but I still haven't found the option to turn vibration off. Am I missing it, or is it really not available?

Not sure but you can turn off vibration for the controller itself in the device menu

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BisterdDave posted:

Can't you do that in the main PS4 settings?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

acksplode posted:

Not sure but you can turn off vibration for the controller itself in the device menu

Didn't even know about this, cool thanks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

If it's an isolated issue, yeah, but if it's representative of how they localized the entire game that's a huge amount of work and they may not have considering it a problem until outsiders had a look.

Also we're so close to release that the day 1 patch is probably finalized by now and they'd have to really rush to slip an extra localization change into it.

The starting menu is the first loving thing you see and also pretty easy to copy from the thousands of games that came before so it’s a pretty bad sign.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Crash 4 devs posted on Twitter that Crash 4 is not going to have microtransactions, but they said that about their other two Crash games and those ended up adding them after the fact. I guess the preorder listing on the Microsoft Store indicated that the game would have in-app purchases which upset people.

https://www.ign.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-4-has-no-microtransactions-devs-say

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Am I the only one who doesnt see bad localisation into a language I'm not going to be playing in anyway as particularly indicative of anything? Much as I love the excellent localisation of the yakuza games, god knows I've played some games where the localisation into english was ropy as hell but the game was still good. I mean, I've got no dog in this fight, Ghost of Tsushima is a "wait for reviews" title for me personally and has been for a while, but it feels kind of premature to write the game off based on a screenshot of a japanese menu screen.

Edit for clarification: I mean that Sucker Punch are an american dev. So the bad localisation into japanese doesnt actually mean anything for the english language version. And even if it is an all over bad localisation into japanese, wouldnt be the first game with bad localisation and it doesnt necessarily mean the actual game is bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't really give a poo poo about a screenshot of a title screen that I'm being told doesn't make sense in a language I can't understand. I think the game is going to be great fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

Am I the only one who doesnt see bad localisation into a language I'm not going to be playing in anyway as particularly indicative of anything? Much as I love the excellent localisation of the yakuza games, god knows I've played some games where the localisation into english was ropy as hell but the game was still good. I mean, I've got no dog in this fight, Ghost of Tsushima is a "wait for reviews" title for me personally and has been for a while, but it feels kind of premature to write the game off based on a screenshot of a japanese menu screen.

Edit for clarification: I mean that Sucker Punch are an american dev. So the bad localisation into japanese doesnt actually mean anything for the english language version. And even if it is an all over bad localisation into japanese, wouldnt be the first game with bad localisation and it doesnt necessarily mean the actual game is bad.

It’s a game set in Japan about historical Japan, I guess is where people are having an issue. Doesn’t bother me really

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

The Last of Us Part 2 spoilers:

I finished TLoU2 today and I think it will stick with me for a long while. Most of the time I was playing it I was thinking "I as the game player am supposed to be learning the lessons the characters are not." Violence doesn't solve anything. Violence begets violence. Getting revenge is ultimately an empty act. Etc. Should the characters be learning these lessons? Are these lessons worth learning and are they applicable categorically? I don't know. But I think the issue that some people have with coming to this same conclusion is that they didn't also realize that the game player is not Ellie or Abby. Ellie is Ellie and Abby is Abby. The game player is driving the story along by going through the motions required. Some games the game player is the character, but not here.

That's my take anyway, and I'm not sure I'm convinced of it.

I think I will play Star Wars Battlefront II next as a palate cleanser. How long is the campaign? I need to get that behemoth off my hard drive.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You just think that maybe the very respectful Japanese history game would have a Japanese person somewhere that might have glanced at the menu at some point, or at least someone with a 4 year olds grasp of the language that has seen another video game ever

That's the only reason it's funny

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

You just think that maybe the very respectful Japanese history game would have a Japanese person somewhere that might have glanced at the menu at some point, or at least someone with a 4 year olds grasp of the language that has seen another video game ever

They totally could have asked that flute guy for help.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wait.. there are microtransactions in a crash game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

homeless snail posted:

Sure, just like all those japanese games set in america could have had an english speaker glance at them. But this is literally just the menu screen. I dont know much about AAA video game development, is the guy who puts "New Game" on the menu screen likely to be the same one who is writing the dialogue and story?