Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
nxt uk show and the nxt uk announcement both dont exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ad by Khad posted:

anyone on this planet would be interesting in wwe if you gave them AJ Lee and Big E Langston

even me. even you

AJ Lee + Big E + Nia Jax

AJ Lee + Big E + Baron Corbin

AJ Lee + Big E + Dexter Lumis......... k i wanna see this one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

A number of NXT UK talents have taken to social media over the last few hours, noting their excitement about soon being back in the ring.

We are told that while there was a lot of speculation about a conference call held today with members of the talent roster, the call was more or less a chance for WWE officials to touch base with the NXT UK roster, telling them to be ready to get back to work when the time was right.

There's been talk of taping material for NXT UK soon but nothing is concrete in terms of when that will be. WWE obviously has a plan as last week's TV episode saw talents beginning to cut promos and teasing rivalries again, as opposed to just overviews of older content.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1278081769909006336?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rick posted:

I remember how hot Ron Killings was in TNA before they knocked the legs out from under him. I knew he would never get pushed to that level in the WWE when he signed in 2008, but I also did not think he would win any sort of title 37 times and be on Raw 10-20 minutes every week even as a joke; I figured he'd have a run in WWE then come back to TNA and they'd finally give him a real push.

I maintain that Heel R-Truth was a main event worthy character until WWE turned him into lol monkeycheese humour after 3 months

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

HHH said that there would be zero tolerance on any charges, provided there was irrefutable evidence to the charges. It was taken as more of a warning going forward than anything else

:lmao: he's so loving worthless, how did anybody ever think he was The Savior of poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ah yes, those sexual abuse cases which we know are always easy to prove

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What a relief for the tens of members of the NXT UK Universe.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blaise330 posted:

AJ Lee + Big E + Nia Jax

AJ Lee + Big E + Baron Corbin

AJ Lee + Big E + Dexter Lumis......... k i wanna see this one.

Lumis as a dorky caricature artist who likes Dexter too much would be a great fit in a Big E/AJ Lee act.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ad by Khad posted:

anyone on this planet would be interesting in wwe if you gave them AJ Lee and Big E Langston

even me. even you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rarity posted:

I maintain that Heel R-Truth was a main event worthy character until WWE turned him into lol monkeycheese humour after 3 months

I completely agree. He's really good when serious.

E: Decided to watch the turn. drat this Raw feels like from another universe. The cig at the end is a really nice touch.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zg271

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 30, 2020

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

I do not think you could make Cloud interesting if you gave him AJ Lee and Big E Langston

Nia sure, Corbin sure, Dexter sure, but Cloud is too far

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ad by Khad posted:

I do not think you could make Cloud interesting if you gave him AJ Lee and Big E Langston

Nia sure, Corbin sure, Dexter sure, but Cloud is too far

Excuse me

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rick posted:

I completely agree. He's really good when serious.

E: Decided to watch the turn. drat this Raw feels like from another universe. The cig at the end is a really nice touch.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zg271

this clip is really good and has the all-time great "THATS ILLEGAL" chant (6:48 in the video) but it suffers a bit on the re-watch because of Cole's scripted lines about R-Truth's championship hopes being "up in smoke" before truth even does the turn

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQc3V5meeU&t=39s

Truth was so good as a heel that he briefly made Miz good.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I liked Dolph Ziggler's cameos in Zack Ryder's youtube show.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gifs you can hear

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

That segment would be very very much better without Michael Cole's dumb insistence on "tell, don't show" every single little thing

He absolutely ruins it and what's worse, he's probably being fed those lines by Vince

Also lmao at Trips feeling the need to burst in there and make himself look good

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

:lmao: he's so loving worthless, how did anybody ever think he was The Savior of poo poo

"Triple H said 'Don't get caught.'"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Monthly reminder, Ziggler is the only person on the smackdown roster who got himself LESS over with every talking smack appearance.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Remember when Dean Ambrose had to defend his title against Dolph on the *checks wikipedia* 4th to last match of Summerslam?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Is Bobby Lashley a top 5 "legitimately great athlete who somehow appears clumsy and weak"? Everything I see him do in WWE always looks..... off

Like how Mongo was a successful athlete for years and then....

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

Remember when Dean Ambrose had to defend his title against Dolph on the *checks wikipedia* 4th to last match of Summerslam?

I remember the build was Moxley constantly telling Ziggler he was a loser and then proving it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ziggler was great in the ring for a long time. He probably still is. But, they were so hot and cold on him for so long that it became useless to care or be interested in him. That's what really killed him for me as a character, I think. Same promos about being overlooked and ignored, small boost in position on the card, lose the feud and fade away again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dr. Baker posted:

Best part of that match was when Mox hit his finisher and then casually motions the ref over to count 3 while he makes a super lazy pin. It was the finish Dolph deserved.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

blunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQc3V5meeU&t=39s

Truth was so good as a heel that he briefly made Miz good.

This is great.

drat the police officer that calls for the bolt cutters is a great worker, I believed the hell out of that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kept wondering what tattoo everyone kept talking about for Cody so I googled it and holy poo poo. Not quite as good as nipple ship but it’s pretty up there.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you're worried that WWE isn't gonna do anything about the Velveteen Dream situation, allow me to alleviate your concerns. They are doing something: Using DMCA takedowns to scrub the "What school do you go to" audio from the internet

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The closest Ziggler has ever been to being self-aware was having a record scratch at the beginning of his entrance that sounded like a wet fart.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

bartok posted:

I remember the build was Moxley constantly telling Ziggler he was a loser and then proving it.

Ziggler being like, "I will prove everybody wrong! I will become champion and shock the world!!!" and Moxley dismissively shaking his head and saying "no, you won't."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is Brock done with wwe or did he refuse to come back till the situation in the world is over?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Is Brock done with wwe or did he refuse to come back till the situation in the world is over?

I think the story is that he refuses to wrestle without crowds. Which is funny considering how much he hates fans.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So does he get a percentage of the gate, then?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

I think the story is that he refuses to wrestle without crowds. Which is funny considering how much he hates fans.

Fans who meet him 1 on 1 actually say he's super friendly and approachable. He even thanked one guy for being a fan. I think Brock hates wrestlers.

Wazzu posted:

Is Bobby Lashley a top 5 "legitimately great athlete who somehow appears clumsy and weak"? Everything I see him do in WWE always looks..... off

Like how Mongo was a successful athlete for years and then....

Eh, I guess. I was going to try to name more than 5 but the list petered out after Titus and Dana. Guess we can see how Mega-Ninja looks someday.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 1, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If you're worried that WWE isn't gonna do anything about the Velveteen Dream situation, allow me to alleviate your concerns. They are doing something: Using DMCA takedowns to scrub the "What school do you go to" audio from the internet

I have no idea if it’s the case and I’m not gonna go back and find out, but I’ve wondered if that was clipped from a Tough Enough episode because he says a lot of poo poo just like that to the MMA dude throughout the season when he’s making GBS threads on him. He was constantly ripping on him for not caring about wrestling and having no training.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Invalid Validation posted:

I kept wondering what tattoo everyone kept talking about for Cody so I googled it and holy poo poo. Not quite as good as nipple ship but it’s pretty up there.

The poo poo talking I've seen normally comes from the fact that he's supposed to be handsome and smart, but with a neck tattoo.

And he wants to do more acting......despite his giant distracting neck tattoo that make up departments would have to do heaps of work with.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s a very unfortunate place to have a mediocre tattoo. Like do whatever you want to your body but I tend to err on the side of unless you’re a tattoo artist don’t put poo poo on your face or close to it.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
excuse me brock has social anxiety, I would think posters would be more understanding

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Going back to Ziggler, he and Brock got along due to their amateur wrestling backgrounds and Ambrose treating dolph like that pissed off Lesnar which is why he just beat the dogshit out of Ambrose and won at WM and moved on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

oldpainless posted:

Going back to Ziggler, he and Brock got along due to their amateur wrestling backgrounds and Ambrose treating dolph like that pissed off Lesnar which is why he just beat the dogshit out of Ambrose and won at WM and moved on
If this is a joke/reference I'm not getting I apologize but Ambrose's title match with Ziggler was Summerslam 2016, Brock's match against Ambrose was like four months earlier at Wrestlemania.

Was there an earlier Ziggler burial promo? Was Lesnar bitten by a cake scarab and cursed with the second sight?