Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
This game feels choppy as hell with 200 people. Hope they change it back soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

also "team defender" is horrible. literally whoever gets the flag first wins, just camp in a corner and rack up kills

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Push El Burrito posted:

Does the crossbow count for quickscoping?

I don't see why it wouldn't, being under the marksman rifle section.. does that quickscope fast? I should try that just for a laugh

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

when's the cat girl mara pack out??

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

priznat posted:

I don't see why it wouldn't, being under the marksman rifle section.. does that quickscope fast? I should try that just for a laugh

You can kit it for quickness. The question is whether it'll count as a quickscope, since the kill will happen relatively disconnected from your scope-timing.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

appropriatemetaphor posted:

when's the cat girl mara pack out??

They can shut up and take my money

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

You can kit it for quickness. The question is whether it'll count as a quickscope, since the kill will happen relatively disconnected from your scope-timing.

Based on having 60+ quickscopes on an M-14 with a scout optic, I'm pretty sure that it's within a second or so of hitting ADS. I've gotten some that haven't felt particularly quick at all but still count.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

It does.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I might have to get cat girl Mara. It'll be very hard to resist.

I also suck eggs at quickscoping, but going hard for the unlock (please don't look at my earlier posts) has earned me the ribbon, and I genuinely feel I'm getting better.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Strobe posted:

Based on having 60+ quickscopes on an M-14 with a scout optic, I'm pretty sure that it's within a second or so of hitting ADS. I've gotten some that haven't felt particularly quick at all but still count.

It has enough time that you can be fully scoped and still have a half second to aim and it will count it.

I however tend to mash aim then shoot as fast as possible and it’s more of a dice roll no-scope and it doesn’t count half the time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, I haven’t played in months and just reinstalled it for shits and giggles. Despite being rusty as gently caress I managed to still have the highest points of any player in the match by ~2000 points in every game I played. Does it put you in games with worse players if you haven’t played in ages or something? I wasn’t even playing optimally, I was just running around blatting people with the R9-0 (or is that really good now?)

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Man, I haven’t played in months and just reinstalled it for shits and giggles. Despite being rusty as gently caress I managed to still have the highest points of any player in the match by ~2000 points in every game I played. Does it put you in games with worse players if you haven’t played in ages or something? I wasn’t even playing optimally, I was just running around blatting people with the R9-0 (or is that really good now?)

Were you playing Shoot the Ship playlist? If so it’s a bunch of people trying to spam quickscope kills so it’s insanely easy to rack up kills if you’re not doing the same

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I did some Shoot the Ship but mostly just quick play.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm noticing way less Graus, but still plenty of folded stock MP5s who jump corners and 360 noscope.

I'm seeing so many servers that feature folks just loving Mario jumping all over the place with seemingly zero cooldown.

Is the Uzi barrel that needs long shot kills worth going for?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lmao

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

what is the best configuration for the Bruen in Warzone? thanks in advance

I use monolithic suppressor, xrx summit 26.6 barrel, Tac Lazer, 60 round mags, and then whatever sight you prefer.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Well, I finally got the game installed and...it keeps crashing every time I started the tutorial, with 'Dev Error 5759'. Apparently, this is a common issue.

I tried updating my drivers and switching from 'Borderless Fullscreen' to 'Fullscreen' but still no luck.

EDIT: Now I have something called 'Paging File Error'.

EDIT 2: Doing a restart seems to have fixed it partially. I was able to get through the first tutorial. I also cranked down all the graphic options. However, it crashed again with 'Error 5759' not long after starting the practice match.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 1, 2020

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

This is a mock-up right? Otherwise this will sell 100000 Units.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

But also give us cat boy Price IW you loving cowards

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

soggybagel posted:

This is a mock-up right? Otherwise this will sell 100000 Units.
https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/db/bundles/400365-mara-kawaii-cat

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Black Griffon posted:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Goddamn I never buy cosmetics but that is fuckin tempting.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

the ban wave after this sniper unlock is going to be crazy, i'd hope

it's people just walking straight down a corridor just head sniping whole teams

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Well. They’re gonna make so much money on that.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I did some Shoot the Ship but mostly just quick play.

the r9 shotgun thing rules on multiplayer modes yes

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

hmm i have a pink deagle, a pink cowboy rifle, and a pink AK that might go well with bunny ears

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Digging the patch thus far. The FAL owns bones now. Spec'd it up with +ads speed attachments, 24 rd mag, and sleight of hand and just wrecking dudes in core. :feelsgood:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

does quitting a game lower your mmr? or do you just have to die a lot? can barely play without getting headshot, put me with the bad players please

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

~This One Goes Out To My Boi Codo~

https://i.imgur.com/pICuB5f.mp4

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

oh my god

time to kill everyone as a catgirl with a ceremonial katana

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Max Wilco posted:

Well, I finally got the game installed and...it keeps crashing every time I started the tutorial, with 'Dev Error 5759'. Apparently, this is a common issue.

I tried updating my drivers and switching from 'Borderless Fullscreen' to 'Fullscreen' but still no luck.

EDIT: Now I have something called 'Paging File Error'.

EDIT 2: Doing a restart seems to have fixed it partially. I was able to get through the first tutorial. I also cranked down all the graphic options. However, it crashed again with 'Error 5759' not long after starting the practice match.

Paging file error means you have run out of memory. C an't help you with error 5759 but maybe do a repair of the install.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All right what the heck is this weird looking character in the thumbnail and boot screen?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

All right what the heck is this weird looking character in the thumbnail and boot screen?

It says right on their pants R0-Z3, they cosplay as a Star Wars droid.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZvfPAuQ0o

These loving guys had been on the roof harassing us for like 3 minutes so this kill was incredibly satisfying also god bless death mic

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm tired of these quickscopes, these people. I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I had to teach myself to melee but now I lean on it too much and get myself killed sometimes. To clarify though: following someone to the ground is a guaranteed kill 100% of the time, especially if you spawn mid game after the initial rush and you spot someone you can stalk on the way down

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

I had to teach myself to melee but now I lean on it too much and get myself killed sometimes. To clarify though: following someone to the ground is a guaranteed kill 100% of the time, especially if you spawn mid game after the initial rush and you spot someone you can stalk on the way down

If only there were queues such as "incredibly loud parachute sound" and "man screaming in your ear that someone is dropping near you" that could prevent you from getting killed 100% of the time a dropling tries to gimmick you

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

“I am basically invincible” I think to myself as I drop in on a fully armored squad with custom weapons, as I tightly grip my pistol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

200 player warzone...not stable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

400 player BR would be more stable. This engine really struggles with 2’s. That’s why it took 3 months to get Duos.