Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Len posted:

The guy who invented bird bot said in an interview it isn't scalping it's just simple supply and demand

I think he's like 16 so not understanding that's just scalping makes sense

I thought the guy who invented Bird Bot used it to buy up shoes to re-sell, so he is probably just defensive about being a scalper himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

KingSlime posted:

The demand for scalpers is certainly there isn't it? It sounds like he gets it just fine

I mean yeah the demand is there but it's still scalping

Nate posted:

“Some people were calling me a scalper,” Nate said. “It’s just basic supply and demand.”

Although he himself isn't doing the scalping*, he just programmed a bot so that other people can scalp

*Switches, he absolutely scalps shoes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e101_story.html

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

In Clubhouse Games can you use two switches connected to the same account as seperate controllers or is that a no?

Also, does it particularly matter if it's bought digital / physical?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Social Animal posted:

Same I just beat it last night. Never played Ys games before so I bought a few for five bucks each during the sale. Bump combat made the game fast paced I liked it. You jumping on the second game?

Yeah I'm playing it in the turbo Grafx so it's all compiled into one game

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The final boss in Ys 1 is some insanely dumb bullshit

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I quit on the vampire cave where you can't see poo poo. How far away was i?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Is Superliminal good?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

It seems really unique and novel but if it's the game I'm thinking, I remember the giant bomb crew stating that it became pretty one note fast as the solutions for the puzzles generally follow the same concept

I haven't actually played it myself though for $16 it might be worth trying out for the concept alone

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1278097184668311552

Posting on the off chance some goons are reading this thread right this instant but didn't listen to any previous advice about setting up alerts.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

My Switch has been doing a few odd things, mainly when I put it in the dock to charge, with a game paused, and then resume later:
- Hyrule Warriors seems to lose the sorting of its polygons and draws things randomly in front of and behind others, though I have finished battles like this
- Mario x Rabbids flickers oddly on some surfaces and has crashed when attacking in this state
- Doom (1993) just hard-locked while playing music and I had to close it from the system menu

Also, Doom noticably skips a frame every few seconds whether before or after being docked/charged, not enough to be unplayable or anything, but definitely happening repeatedly.

Has anyone else seen issues like this? Do I have a bit of bad RAM or something?

The Switch is fairly new, one of the newer revision and purchased in March.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

My Switch has been doing a few odd things, mainly when I put it in the dock to charge, with a game paused, and then resume later:
- Hyrule Warriors seems to lose the sorting of its polygons and draws things randomly in front of and behind others, though I have finished battles like this
- Mario x Rabbids flickers oddly on some surfaces and has crashed when attacking in this state
- Doom (1993) just hard-locked while playing music and I had to close it from the system menu

Also, Doom noticably skips a frame every few seconds whether before or after being docked/charged, not enough to be unplayable or anything, but definitely happening repeatedly.

Hyrule warriors I remember having some sort of issue with waking from sleep, so the others could also be software issues.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Just FYI, I used https://stockinformer.com two weeks ago, after checking Target/Amazon/Walmart/BestBuy for pretty much the entire pandemic (thus far! Haha ha. Ha...). Signed up on Tuesday (the 16th), got an alert Wednesday morning. Amazon said it'd be delivered July 11. Got it on the 21st instead.

They have a couple other items you can sign up for, like the Nintendo exercise sphere or whatever it is. Not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied "customer," though I can't remember if I even used the affiliate link in the email alert.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Hyrule Warriors, specifically, has a memory leak that can cause weird behavior or crashes if you let it run for long enough (putting it to sleep does not reset this, you need to close the game entirely).

But I haven't heard of any issues like that with Mario x Rabbids

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

It is probably $10-15 good if the port doesn’t have any performance issues. They do a few interesting things with the puzzles, but you could probably beat it in one or two sittings.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i wanted to try some new genres id never played before so i snagged streets of rage 4 on the switch and im having a total blast! Any other essential beat em ups on the switch?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

/\ Castle Crashers is fun.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 1, 2020

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Kvlt! posted:

i wanted to try some new genres id never played before so i snagged streets of rage 4 on the switch and im having a total blast! Any other essential beat em ups on the switch?

River City Girls is very different from SoR4 but also very fun

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah I'm playing it in the turbo Grafx so it's all compiled into one game

Awesome let me know how part 2 goes and if it's full of bullshit like:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It must have taken me like 30 tries.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dumb question and my Google fu has not helped answer: I ordered a physical copy of Luigi’s Mansion 3 as a birthday gift for someone. The version that came was clearly not the US/North America version, but I think has the Australia rating symbol on it.

Am I correct that the game itself is identical and will work fine in my North America switch?

I figure it was an amazon seller unloading other versions since the local versions are sold out pretty much everywhere.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Correct. Physical software is always region free.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kvlt! posted:

Try River City Ransom and the Double Dragon games. You already own them if you have an Online subscription via the NES app.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

American McGay posted:

Correct. Physical software is always region free.

I found that, but I could not find if the game code itself was altered for other regions.

I wonder if US English is a different localization option from UK/Aussie English (aka the correct English).

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Are there issues with Ys VIII performance?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

I found that, but I could not find if the game code itself was altered for other regions.

I wonder if US English is a different localization option from UK/Aussie English (aka the correct English).

Very rarely; they’re mutually intelligible and the differences are too minor to be worth the expense of creating a separate language file. I’ve seen it come up in some PC games where there was a lot of keyboard stuff but I think it was only to set the keyboard mapping properly and didn’t affect the script.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Social Animal posted:

I eventually had to download an invinciblity script to beat that guy

I still died a couple times because of the floor

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Fun Times! posted:

Are there issues with Ys VIII performance?

I paid full price, played for maybe three hours, decided the resolution was dog poo poo and decided to play it on PS4 or PC instead

Which I never got around to...I should do that sometime.

Nasty Vaseline visuals aside it ran fine!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Social Animal posted:

Dark Fact only took me about 5 tries, my strategy was to just start on the sides and concentrate on watching and dodging the meteors, and hit him whenever he was near me.

That bat monster took me way more tries.

The bosses in Ys 2 are far more reasonable so far. You get a fireball spell and for each you have had to hit them during a vulnerable second while they attack. Kind of the opposite of bump combat but makes bosses way less stressful.

Couple of annoying things in 2, very early on you need to kill two guys guarding a chest and they don't move, the only way to do it is run into them, get knocked back, and regenerate your health. Took like 5 minutes.

There are six statues you need to talk to to open a door. After I got the sixth one there was a side quest I needed to finish but didn't know what to do next. After searching around turned out I need to talk to that last statue again. In the normal course of the game I probably would have already done that sidequest and be ready to progress the first time I talked to that statue, but I had missed an item right out in the open earlier.

There's a great powerleveling spot early in the game. An area where events will rush you through an open door. Just turn on your turbo fire and spam fireballs and you'll gain a ton of experience and have enough money to buy the best equipment in a few minutes.

The first major dungeon area is a maze but nowhere near as bad as that mirror maze in the first game

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Has Nintendo not added anything to NSO (NES/SNES etc) in a long time or is it just quarantine brain making me think it's been a long time?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's been a couple months since Panel de Pon and whatever else got added but they specifically announced like last September that they weren't doing the monthly release thing anymore and said not to expect any new games going forward.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

mirror123 posted:

Has Nintendo not added anything to NSO (NES/SNES etc) in a long time or is it just quarantine brain making me think it's been a long time?

They probably added a lot of users and revenue to match. Why add anything else?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They added two SNES games and one nes game last month. Er, this month.

It was Rygar, Panel de Pon, and Wild Guns

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Thanks for sharing this is some good stuff! Will probably start it this weekend.

Well didn’t they wait for the yearly subs to expire before releasing the snes service? Mine is about to expire, maybe it’s n64 time!! :grin:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Social Animal posted:

Thanks for sharing this is some good stuff! Will probably start it this weekend.

Well didn’t they wait for the yearly subs to expire before releasing the snes service? Mine is about to expire, maybe it’s n64 time!! :grin:

Online Mario Kart 64 Battle Mode would own so much.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

OH poo poo I FORGOT

MOTHER loving SUNSET RIDERS IS OUT:-

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/arcade-archives-sunsetriders-switch/

BURY ME WITH MY MONEY

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No online? No buy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine how hype all those Hamster arcade ports would be if they worked in online play.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

American McGay posted:

Imagine how hype all those Hamster arcade ports would be if they worked in online play.

I mean it has 4 player couch co-op which is nice. and really are you gonna play sunset riders online?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Switch needs to get Monster Train ASAP

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Al-Saqr posted:

I mean it has 4 player couch co-op which is nice. and really are you gonna play sunset riders online?

Yes, we're in a global pandemic and it'd be cool to play with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Yes, we're in a global pandemic and it'd be cool to play with friends.

hmm true.. do arcade classics have online in general? I've always wanted to get Garou Mark of the Wolves but no online would be a pretty big deal breaker for me.