Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Expecting the US military to conform to the Geneva conventions is an exercise in futility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

very related:

https://twitter.com/themattdimitri/status/1216623809576357893

Edited to add:

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

how's he gonna afford his skull calipers?? poor man

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

T-man posted:

his idea-eggs are rotting away with no safe place to deposit them until they burst out of the host

excellent

He put all his eggs in the white supremacist basket and then dropped it. Now he's a shriveled up husk who's all out of eggs.

If only someone had reached out when he was 30 and told him that his eggs weren't going to last forever.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Didnt he get brain damage because something something experimental russian detox? Or was that one of the other right wing grifters?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SiKboy posted:

Didnt he get brain damage because something something experimental russian detox? Or was that one of the other right wing grifters?

That's Jordan Peterson.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

That's Jordan Peterson, toy truck appreciatitor

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SiKboy posted:

That one's Jordan Peterson. Easy to mix up, as that's the kind of thing you assume when you read his posting.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Jordan 'I only eat meat because something something testosterone something fall of the west' 'I got addicted to benzos and rehab is hard so I'm just gonna Google SLEEP THROUGH REHAB, hit I'm feeling lucky and book an appointment. Surely the man who pioneered this treatment has not since condemned it for being inhumane. Oh woops I have brain damage' Peterson

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/1277966905391759367

:smuggo: "Ah, you aren't friends with people who want you dead? Sounds like you arent as tolerant as you think!" :smuggo:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Finally an argument for putting a Maoist on the View, an anarchist on Fox, and a ML on MSNBC

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Jamie Faith posted:

:smuggo: "Ah, you aren't friends with people who want you dead? Sounds like you arent as tolerant as you think!" :smuggo:

What a narrow-minded view to think that just because I think people should be able to be denied healthcare, housing, employment, financial assistance, or really any basic human needs, on almost any grounds, means I want them dead.

e: is "so much for the tolerant left" still a thing or are we beyond that at this point?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I know a lot of people that think left, or liberal, is a pejorative, so they say things like "I'm mostly conservative, but I believe in *lists off all left-leaning talking points*"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Ferret King posted:

I know a lot of people that think left, or liberal, is a pejorative, so they say things like "I'm mostly conservative, but I believe in *lists off all left-leaning talking points*"

That's called "being raised conservative and not quite free of the brainworms it gives you yet". I've been there.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i generally like to eat food that tastes good, but, in the interest of Fairness and Diversity, i will sometimes eat complete dogshit food. just burn it to gently caress

if you don't eat a horribly cooked meal every once in a while that you can barely choke down, can you really say you appreciate good food?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Liberal is pejorative when I use it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Liberal with a hard L

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Skwirl posted:

Liberal is pejorative when I use it.

Yeah same but the majority of Americans don't understand the term.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

There's also the fact that the USA's overton window is hosed up so people that are 'liberal' here are 'conservative' elsewhere. What some people don't get is that conservative in the USA means you've gotta be hardcore Into Some poo poo, otherwise you'd just be a centrist.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PetraCore posted:

There's also the fact that the USA's overton window is hosed up so people that are 'liberal' here are 'conservative' elsewhere. What some people don't get is that conservative in the USA means you've gotta be hardcore Into Some poo poo, otherwise you'd just be a centrist.

Also liberal here is considered synonymous with left, so like, Mao is a liberal extremist.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also liberal here is considered synonymous with left, so like, Mao is a liberal extremist.
Yeah, it's frustrating. My point is I can see how you could be friends with a well-meaning but ineffective liberal, but that doesn't extend to the modern GOP no matter how much they whine about it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My circle of acquaintances is either leftists or people sliding gradually further left as they grow disillusioned with centrist and right-wing policies spend time with me. :3:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's always weird looking at US politics from the UK as your Democrats are basically to the right of our Republicans.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Necrothatcher posted:

It's always weird looking at US politics from the UK as your Democrats are basically to the right of our Republicans.

*sideeyes Bojo*

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1277997089046355968

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

lmao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

I love when Americans don't understand what "North Irish Republican" means in the context of UK politics.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Jul 1, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/marysuewriter/status/1278107799428272128?s=20

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

I love when Americans don't understand what it means what "North Irish Republican" means in the context of UK politics.

About twenty billion years ago in an old iteration of this thread, there was an american being extremely hostile to a british republican (not irish, british, the republican specifically wanted lizzy 2 to not be monarch of the Paedophisles or the former colonies) because of Trump and friends ruining the word "republican." Like you couldn't be a republican anymore without endorsing fascism. Those were the loving days.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Handing out my business card with "antifa postmodern Marxist gay agenda coordinator" on it, readjusting my novelty devil horns.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Replace "Christianity" with "Islam" in the second panel and you pretty much got it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I love when Americans don't understand what "North Irish Republican" means in the context of UK politics.

Try explaining that the nationalists don't like the nation they're in and the unionists oppose unification :v:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

OwlFancier posted:

Try explaining that the nationalists don't like the nation they're in and the unionists oppose unification :v:

this sounds more like a UK problem than an american one at this point

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I think he actually had a blood clot in his lung a few months ago, so he might actually have legit issues. He’s literally the kind of person that should be staying home and we’re all wearing masks to protect.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
How dare you imply I would protect Bill Mitchell

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s more of an unfortunate side effect

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
should be obvious who the idiots are

https://twitter.com/BrotiGupta/status/1278034572651851778

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OMFG

https://twitter.com/Yassir_Lester/status/1278141632613769216?s=19

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

https://twitter.com/ViolateGeneva/status/1278035884730978305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It’s a joke post