Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone use PSNow? I'm using the trial version on windows and I'm getting kicked from the server due to a poor connection within 10 minutes every time. The Sony troubleshooting site says the UDP Port is 2053 so I've opened it and my connection is about 50mb/s and is wired (also I'm in the UK).

Is it just a generally unreliable service or is there a different port I need to open to use the service on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I used PSNow like last year and it was working fine. Managed to play Asura's Wrath for PS3 on it to completion. There are sometimes it would just not load the service but it would work on retries.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Blind Rasputin posted:

Speaking of HZD news I’ve gotten pretty far. Only have two tallnecks still to climb and two couldrons to complete. I just met the sun king and been asked to find that missing sister. How far along am I?

I just fought, inside one of those couldron cores, a thunderjaw for the first time I’ve ever encountered one. My god that was a fight. I scanned it and studied the log entry, noting its most susceptible to tearing off all its hardware. I knocked two tearblast arrows at once on my heavy bow and immediately got to task breaking off both its disc launchers. With those gone I fired four more tearblasters right at it’s drat face, blowing off a ton of weapon and radar gear and armor. I mean it exploded like chicken feathers. It didn’t appreciate it. I barely survived it chasing me around the arena, sweeping me with its tail, used up most of my health satchel. But, I finally made way to its very own disc launcher on the ground and picked it up. I literally hear Aloy say, “it’s my turn” as I start just loving mag dumping into that thunderjaw. By the time I had emptied the second disc launcher weapon into its flank, it was nearly dead. A few fire arrows to its exposed center was all it took to finish it off. It was awesome.

And then as I’m leaving I get the notification I can override those now. Holy poo poo.

Yes love hearing stories like this. It’s so fun remembering when you were so overwhelmed but came out on top. It’s what games were made for.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Something I love about the enemy design in HZD is that enemies like Thunderjaws and Stormbirds are terrifying when you first face them, but by the endgame you develop your skills and strategies and learn ways to safely eliminate them in 30 seconds.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I still remember seeing a Thunderjaw for the first time in my way to the big city. I gave it a wide berth because I was just trying to reach the main town. A couple of NPCs started fighting it so all I see is laser blasts and this giant monster bellowing off in the distance.

My first Stormwing was also on the road, I stopped to fight dinner Glinthawks and suddenly this giant loving bird is right on top of me and kicking my poo poo in.

I love the encounter design in HZD so much.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just started nier automata and there's no save point before the dual chainsaw boss? what in the absolute gently caress?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I still remember seeing a Thunderjaw for the first time in my way to the big city. I gave it a wide berth because I was just trying to reach the main town. A couple of NPCs started fighting it so all I see is laser blasts and this giant monster bellowing off in the distance.

My first Stormwing was also on the road, I stopped to fight dinner Glinthawks and suddenly this giant loving bird is right on top of me and kicking my poo poo in.

I love the encounter design in HZD so much.

Yes coming into the new part of the map and seeing the thunder jaw was groundbreaking for me.

First game i had played in probably 6 years so it really blew me away

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

abelwingnut posted:

just started nier automata and there's no save point before the dual chainsaw boss? what in the absolute gently caress?

You will find out how to save later, until then, treat every moment like your last!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I had a launch PS4 Pro and I thought it wasn’t really that loud.

Then I went to a friends house who also had a launch PS4 pro and that thing sounded like a jet engine. It sounded as loud as a blower fan Graphics Card in a PC. We both don’t really play consoles as much and his is well ventilated so I doubt it’s dust. Apparently it’s a luck of the draw depending on what brand fan you got.

I feel bad for people with loud PS4s it’s a lottery. I hope this isn’t the same for the PS5

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

abelwingnut posted:

It's an absolutely deliberate choice for story reasons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A bad one.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
N:A isn't even really consistent with the 'manual saves' thing which I could appreciate, it absolutely does auto saves after certain important plot points. It's just a random 'gently caress you' moment that wasn't really thought through.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's a deliberate gently caress you that was carefully considered thank you very much! It's diegetic! It's goddamn diegetic [unintelligible]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's indefensible so don't try. It's a flaw in the game so just try to get past it. Play on normal or easy if you have to, there is no penalty for difficulty switching.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i got past it the second time pretty easily. just evade and assail the thing with bullets. i don't think it even hit me. basically what i've learned is to just pump r2 and use the pod to shoot. was fighting everyone with my sword the first time.

but man, that came out of nowhere the first time. really, what the hell? never seen that.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
In the mood for more post apocalyptic stuff. Not quite in the mood to play super serious/gritty TLOU2 rn tho. Should I go back and try and finish/restart Death Stranding or Days Gone?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah either one would be good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, this time I don't disagree. As others have said, there was almost nothing consistent about how save games are handled. And it's especially bizarre that when you use the transporter thing, which is to some degree tied up in that, the other Android that you're traveling with just kind of ends up wherever you go. Did they run there really fast? Would it have been so hard to make those devices with two android slots in them?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Something I love about the enemy design in HZD is that enemies like Thunderjaws and Stormbirds are terrifying when you first face them, but by the endgame you develop your skills and strategies and learn ways to safely eliminate them in 30 seconds.

Says you, I was till garbage at fighting Stormbirds.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

RareAcumen posted:

Says you, I was till garbage at fighting Stormbirds.

I was too but then I saw a video where someone was using that rope bow to keep it on the ground, They're pretty easy if you do that.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

dog nougat posted:

In the mood for more post apocalyptic stuff. Not quite in the mood to play super serious/gritty TLOU2 rn tho. Should I go back and try and finish/restart Death Stranding or Days Gone?

Days Gone is great, but it is more of that, in a slightly different flavor. I'd say go for Death Stranding next.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, this time I don't disagree. As others have said, there was almost nothing consistent about how save games are handled. And it's especially bizarre that when you use the transporter thing, which is to some degree tied up in that, the other Android that you're traveling with just kind of ends up wherever you go. Did they run there really fast? Would it have been so hard to make those devices with two android slots in them?

I always thought it just dropped the body into a basement or diassembled it and opened up for the next user, and that on the arriving end it took one of the stored bodies out of the basement or 3D printed a new one and reconfigured it to reflect the incoming data.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
so what's the hot news on bugsnax?

how long till there's bugsnax hentai you think?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The game itself turned out to be a hentai vore game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Neal! posted:

I was too but then I saw a video where someone was using that rope bow to keep it on the ground, They're pretty easy if you do that.

yeah the ropecaster is insanely good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
LORD OF CINDER FALLEN

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Death Stranding is weird, and really there’s no way to categorize it or compare it to anything that’s come before. But, it’s an amazing and incredibly gripping journey and I absolutely loved it. Hideo Kojima did it. He drat straight had a thing to say and an idea he wanted to see through and he succeeded at its creation in a beautiful way. Absolutely finish it. Just be.. open minded for the first few hours until you get to chapter 3.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Death Stranding is weird, and really there’s no way to categorize it or compare it to anything that’s come before. But, it’s an amazing and incredibly gripping journey and I absolutely loved it. Hideo Kojima did it. He drat straight had a thing to say and an idea he wanted to see through and he succeeded at its creation in a beautiful way. Absolutely finish it. Just be.. open minded for the first few hours until you get to chapter 3.

It's imperfect in a lot of ways, but perfect where it counts for me. I loved the ending. Not many games leave you feeling completely satisfied with the outcome. Death Stranding felt complete and rewarding in those final hours.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

It's indefensible so don't try. It's a flaw in the game so just try to get past it. Play on normal or easy if you have to, there is no penalty for difficulty switching.

You just defended it by telling people to switch difficulties and exploit the no penalties, the exact kind of thing that the game draws attention to within its systems, even down to the way it handles trophies! :owned:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

I always thought it just dropped the body into a basement or diassembled it and opened up for the next user, and that on the arriving end it took one of the stored bodies out of the basement or 3D printed a new one and reconfigured it to reflect the incoming data.
Yeah that's what I thought too (that the only thing unique about the androids was the contents of their black box, which gets uploaded to the space station periodically), but that doesn't explain what happens to your partner.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Edward Weeniehands

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

holy moly, worlds collidin. Didn't know the Hey Ash Watchya Playin girl was a bigtime voice actor, much less Aloy's voice actor, much less Mel in TLOU2.

Laura Bailey, Merle Dandridge, Nolan North, all these pro voice actors are loving chameleons, I tells ya.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

holy moly, worlds collidin. Didn't know the Hey Ash Watchya Playin girl was a bigtime voice actor, much less Aloy's voice actor, much less Mel in TLOU2.

Laura Bailey, Merle Dandridge, Nolan North, all these pro voice actors are loving chameleons, I tells ya.

I actually thought she voiced Abby until the end of the game. They sound so much alike. Then I looked it up and laughed that she actually did do a voice in the game but it wasn't her.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The latest is that it is Bioshock and a dating sim.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, Ashley Burch has also done work as Tiny Tina in Borderlands and she's replaced Bailey as the English voice of Rise in Persona 4 media since P4 Dancing, iirc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ashly Burch is also in Mythic Quest and is great in it. She’s also Tiny Tina but we don’t talk about that

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't hate Tiny Tina. Please don't kill me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Ashly Burch also won an Emmy as a writer on Adventure Time.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hotline Miami was an Animorphs game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Ashly Burch also won an Emmy as a writer on Adventure Time.

I don't watch much tv, but :nice: