Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

the mechanism of unstoppable, uncontrollable applause from everyone around you at all times

This was honestly the element I liked the least. It was EXTREMELY “what if fame but too much”.

In other news I’ve been watching Babylon Berlin s3 and episode 7 holy gently caress what the hell ahfkahfjahfjahdja this is the best show ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

I'm playing Dishonored and one of the NPCs really sounds like Brad Dourif, and I'm like, I doubt they spent Brad Dourif money on the voice cast for this game so I checked the imbd page and

:stare:

https://twitter.com/alisonwillmore/status/1277978616094056455

lol

In that Mel Brooks Unwrapped doc it shows Mel just going down to a Whole Foods and picking up dinner for the two of them and then they sit in Carl’s living room and eat on TV trays while watching movies on the couch and it’s just the most wholesome and adorable thing you’ll ever see two old white dudes do together.

:unsmith:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

ShakeZula posted:

Perry Mason must have one of the most impressive casts in TV history. I already thought it was crazy in the pilot, then Ep2 rolls around and Tatiana Maslany, Lili Simmons, and Stephen Root show up.

And Shea Whigham and Robert Patrick!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My dad was watching Perry Mason and I saw a few minutes of it, and I recognized an actor and I didn't know from what, and I looked him up and he was a recurring character in The motherfucking Newsroom :negative:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What's the problem again?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

isaboo posted:

And Shea Whigham and Robert Patrick!

Well yeah, but they were in the first episode too, so I was already impressed by them.

Hell, they got Aaron Stanford, the star of 12 Monkeys, to deliver two lines and then die!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Super awesome that YoutubeTV has decided to up their price by $15.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/status/1278072447359574017

Paper Girls kicks rear end

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SQUEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLL

Er ahem. Carry on.

Seriously, Paper Girls rules. BKV rules.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't know paper girls but I do love Halt and Catch Fire so that's definitely a watch

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sequel to Paper Boy on the NES.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I remember this scene from futurama where bender asks "what's it for" and leela or Amy or someone whispering in his ear something unheard and he does this really funny giggle. It was something sex or maybe poo poo related. Does anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes it does. And Chris Cantwell is great from what I've seen from Halt and Catch Fire and his comic writing. Quality move all around.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I remember this scene from futurama where bender asks "what's it for" and leela or Amy or someone whispering in his ear something unheard and he does this really funny giggle. It was something sex or maybe poo poo related. Does anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of?

Was it the what-if machine episode where he became human and was shocked when he looked into his pants?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nope, I just watched that one!

They do a jo joke with that

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Currently on the half of the third episode of Twilight zone S02 and goddamtn it's mediocre. I bounced out of S1 due to the same thing, seems it's more of the same.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
I ended up watching the rest of Twilight Zone and thought it ended up being just okay. The only episode that really stood out personally was the 3rd one where with the actor swapping bodies / places with people and the 8th (?) one where it was a groundhog day sort of situation but the dude turned out to be a creepy incel. The only episodes I really seemed to like seem to be the ones exploring a regular person who gets some kind of magical power and uses it for good or ill, kind of a formulaic approach, but it seems to fit the Twilight Zone style when done well.

All the episodes they've tried to do aliens all seem to fall pretty flat in particular, in both seasons. I'd only say it's really worth it if you've got nothing else to watch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The last one I watched was the octopus one and it was definitely the worst so far

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The new Unsolved Mysteries just dropped on Netflix!

e: bleh. the first episode is nothing special. there's not even a host! not that anyone could replace Robert Stack. at the least the theme is the same

isaboo fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 1, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

Season 1, episode 4, Love's Labours Lost in Space, during the briefing scene, Leela says they will collect two of every animal, just like Noah's Ark, and Bender asks "why two?" and she whispers in his ear and he giggles.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

isaboo posted:

The new Unsolved Mysteries just dropped on Netflix!

e: bleh. the first episode is nothing special. there's not even a host! not that anyone could replace Robert Stack. at the least the theme is the same

oh boo thats disheartening. and im definitely gonna get to that thread for it...

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931014 :getin:

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 1, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Season 1, episode 4, Love's Labours Lost in Space, during the briefing scene, Leela says they will collect two of every animal, just like Noah's Ark, and Bender asks "why two?" and she whispers in his ear and he giggles.

:aaaaa:

Let the record show Mr One Year LAter really knows his futurama

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This is not the way you increase the value proposition of CBS All-Access. What in the world is your strategy?

https://www.engadget.com/nbc-peacock-viacom-cbs-library-deal-150024282.html

quote:

Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service, won’t just be the home of content from the wider NBC Universal family. Today, the company has announced it’s sealed a deal with ViacomCBS, one of its ostensible rivals, to play host to some of the Viacom library for its July 15th launch. That includes shows like Ray Donovan and The Affair from Showtime, CBS’ Undercover Boss and the CW’s Charmed (albeit not until October).

More exciting, perhaps, is the inclusion of “premium films” from the Paramount Pictures library, which will stream in “limited exclusivity windows throughout 2021, 2022 and 2023.” So, for little snatches of the next three years, Peacock users will be able to watch The Godfather, Catch me if you can and American Beauty. The deal is not exclusive, however, and much of this material may also be available on CBS All Access and elsewhere.

This almost feels like they are colluding with each other to try to get us to subscribe to all.

Or, maybe, just maybe, CBS has realized that they gain more money licensing out content to other services than chasing subs on their own and are two prideful to go back to Netflix.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/1278346015393804294

Reality itself is going back in time and making Watchmen look too on the nose and heavy handed

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bull3964 posted:

This is not the way you increase the value proposition of CBS All-Access. What in the world is your strategy?

https://www.engadget.com/nbc-peacock-viacom-cbs-library-deal-150024282.html

This almost feels like they are colluding with each other to try to get us to subscribe to all.

Or, maybe, just maybe, CBS has realized that they gain more money licensing out content to other services than chasing subs on their own and are two prideful to go back to Netflix.

I... why would you make a bunch of content non-exclusive to your already anemic streaming platform? :psyduck:

I guess it’ll be nice to have on my Law and Order streaming service at least.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/1278346015393804294

Reality itself is going back in time and making Watchmen look too on the nose and heavy handed

I'm sure a lot of the "hot takes" from the Watchmen TV thread have aged as poorly as can be.

The ones that weren't dripping in racism, I mean.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

What's really something is the police are more 'geared up' in the real life photo than the one from the fantasy TV series.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

:aaaaa:

Let the record show Mr One Year LAter really knows his futurama

Don't you worry about Futurama. Let me worry about blank.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Don't you worry about Futurama. Let me worry about blank.
I'll ruin you like I ruined this company!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In fairness, that is probably a Top 5 episode

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Comedy Central has ordered two seasons of a Beavis and Butthead reboot with Mike Judge writing/producing and voice acting. Also CC ordered another animated series that is a spin-off of Daria based on the character Jodie from that show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Another B&B reboot? I wonder if they will digitally change his voice this time since he forgot how to do Beavis in the last reboot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are they going to be watching YouTube videos?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

feedmyleg posted:

Lots of artists release music videos directly to YT so it's possible.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

quote:

The new version of the show, which originally aired from 1993 to 1997, will present the two teenage couch potatoes as Gen X parents raising their Gen Z children. Beavis and Butt-Head creator Mike Judge returns as writer, producer and voice actor for the series’ two leads.

Ugh, in addition to sounding terrible, this means that Beavis scored at some point. That's not supposed to happen.

Though it would be funny if both Beavis's and Butt-head's kids both looked like Butt-head.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Also CC ordered another animated series that is a spin-off of Daria based on the character Jodie from that show.

They've been talking about getting that off the ground for years now. Looks like they completely excised Daria from it. It makes sense. If they've got a specific experience in mind that they want to explore, having the big-name character dominate it would take away from that.

That said though, once there's no Daria, why not just make it an original character? Jodie was alright, but I only remember a couple of storylines. She wasn't exactly fully realized. Seems like it's just a marketing gimmick at this point.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OldSenileGuy posted:

Ugh, in addition to sounding terrible, this means that Beavis scored at some point. That's not supposed to happen.

Though it would be funny if both Beavis's and Butt-head's kids both looked like Butt-head.

That would mean they're descendants of David Letterman.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

feedmyleg posted:

Last time they did some music videos, some youtubes, and some reality shows from MTV. It was really good.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Mad Men has found its new streaming home and it's.....IMDB?

Seems weird for a prestige show like that to land on an ad riddled streaming service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Lots of artists release music videos directly to YT so it's possible.

I mean dropping the music video thing entirely. Just them watching Bon Apetit episodes and videos of cats jumping out of boxes.

e:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Last time they did some music videos, some youtubes, and some reality shows from MTV. It was really good.

Ah, skipped that version. At least it's willing to evolve with the times and not pretend it's still the early 90s.