Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I have looked around and couldn't find anything concrete, so here goes. The dust hasn't settled over the forums, but I wanna know if we are doing anything, or if we should get started on a project to help out Lowtax's ex wife and daughter. As you are all aware, Lowtax has used his position to threaten his ex wife's immigration status as leverage to get control over his daughter. I feel that we as a community are partly responsible for their hardship, as we supported Lowtax to where he could be in a comfortable financial position to make their life miserable.

I know a couple of immigration lawyers who I could reach out for help, though they are not in the state of Missouri. Nevertheless, they could help steer her in the right direction.

Also, are we doing a fundraiser for them? This is something I could also help set up, but we would need to find a way to get in touch with them first to set them up as beneficiaries. Maybe Logan can help?

If efforts are already underway, please point me in the right direction so I can donate and help however I can. I grew up in an environment of domestic abuse similar to the one they went through, so this whole thing has been in the back of my mind for a week. The fact that they have been living in a shelter while Lowtax rides around in a GTR makes my blood boil, so I wanna do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The consensus in the Yikeseroo thread seems to be that us trying to fundraise for his wife and daughter can negatively impact her in regards to the legal process so that's why it's not being done. This includes from people who seem to be in real-life contact with her.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Maybe the forums should completely stay out of people's lives. Jfc, go volunteer or donate to RAINN you bored crazy people

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

The consensus in the Yikeseroo thread seems to be that us trying to fundraise for his wife and daughter can negatively impact her in regards to the legal process so that's why it's not being done. This includes from people who seem to be in real-life contact with her.

Does that include legal help? I’m hoping she already has good legal counsel.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Wasn't Integral also Canadian? :thunk:

Anyway I'd be down to donate, but I think a really good idea is going forward, with all avatar and other various forums purchases, at least half should go to RAINN.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Anyway I'd be down to donate, but I think a really good idea is going forward, with all avatar and other various forums purchases, at least half should go to RAINN.

A part of the forum's profits going to RAINN would be both immensely good and do a lot to put some trust back into active participation here.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Nope, Wisconsin.

Wisconsin: "WE'RE NOT CANADA, YOU DICKS!!!"

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I like that idea.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

A part of the forum's profits going to RAINN would be both immensely good and do a lot to put some trust back into active participation here.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Are there any threads anywhere that summarise what has happened with Lowtax? I am out of the loop.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

NGC773 posted:

Are there any threads anywhere that summarise what has happened with Lowtax? I am out of the loop.

Check the OP in the stickied Tax megathread.

Also yeah can we all stay out of the exes' lives? Because we're kinda way too much part of it already and it would be great to stop doing that?
I understand you have good intentions OP this is not aimed squarely at you.

City Slicker
May 28, 2020

It's only been a few years since you folks banded together to take down a poor woman's GoFundMe. I doubt she wants anything to do with this place.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Having any goons involved in their lives is a bad thing from a legal standpoint. We need to stay as far away as possible and find other ways to contribute, like through donations to charities.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

City Slicker posted:

It's only been a few years since you folks banded together to take down a poor woman's GoFundMe. I doubt she wants anything to do with this place.

It feels like years but it's actually only been months.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

City Slicker posted:

It's true, every registered account on this website has been involved with everything that's ever happened on this website.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's true, every registered account on this website has been involved with everything that's ever happened on this website.

so who's keeping track of the net social good vs conservative think-tanks farming the views expressed here to use in any way except making the frat boys they're composed of realize they could just suck eachother off for money

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I've owned a GTR before they're not great cars, so don't get too upset about that part

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bronze Fonz posted:

nobody is responsible for what they do anymore but they are all responsible for what somebody else did

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JK Fresco posted:

nobody is responsible for what they do anymore but they are all responsible for what somebody else did

i take full responsibility for everything you've ever done

that being said gently caress you pay me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
There's like, 3 stickied threads about this I think