Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hello.

I would like to bring on an IK for DIY. Basically a probationary mod, to improve timezone coverage and have input into the running of the place from someone other than me. The role gives you mod buttons, but no access to reports or to the mod forums, and you don't get a blue star.

There's lots of DIY I don't spend much time in, so it'd be good to get ideas from the gamut.

If you would like to volunteer or recommend someone, please post and/or discuss it in this thread, or contact me privately (PM, discord, or jaded.burnout69@gmail.com).

Required:
- Level headed
- Interested in keeping DIY vibrant
- Not an rear end in a top hat
- DIY member in good standing

Not required (but also not forbidden):
- One of my posting mates
- Agrees with me on everything
- Sycophantic toady

Nobody will be made an IK without their enthusiastic consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The only answer is bEatmstrJ.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Alas, I don't meet the "level headed" requirement.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Jaded Burnout posted:

- Not an rear end in a top hat

Well poo poo, there goes the entire userbase!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Youth Decay posted:

Alas, I don't meet the "level headed" requirement.

I totally do but no star!? Now I'm not so sure

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I totally do but no star!? Now I'm not so sure

I mean, I'd be for it if it gave me the inverted star I see on some accounts.

Hail Satan, etc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

TTerrible posted:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If bEatmstrJ can't do it, I nominate PainterOfCrap.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm in a timezone

and I do not want to lose my (A)

peanut fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 1, 2020

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
IKs do not (atm) get a different user icon.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
I think I’ve seen two posts in DIY, in the last year and a half, that warranted and received moderator action, so I’m either reading the right threads or the wrong threads, depending on the perspective.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Platystemon posted:

I think I’ve seen two posts in DIY, in the last year and a half, that warranted and received moderator action, so I’m either reading the right threads or the wrong threads, depending on the perspective.

It's definitely going to be a light load, that's for sure, but moderation can be proactive too :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

angryrobots posted:

If bEatmstrJ can't do it, I nominate PainterOfCrap.

Don't cast any good posters into moderation. It is the path to insanity.

No disrespect Jaded :)

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Platystemon posted:

You mean you missed the openscad wars in the 3d printing thread. That was a Bloodbath!

By DIY standards

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Rapulum_Dei posted:

You mean you missed the openscad wars in the 3d printing thread. That was a Bloodbath!

By DIY standards

I'm constantly amused and/or baffled at how the 3D printing thread is the second most contentious thread in here.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I nominate Grover

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Gasmask posted:

I nominate Grover

Yikes

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Gasmask posted:

I nominate Grover

you shut your goddamn mouth

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rapulum_Dei posted:

i am a single-issue voter and i will vote for whichever IK will commit to Just Getting A Prusa

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i am a single-issue voter and i will vote for whichever IK will commit to Just Getting A Prusa

:catholic: Josef wills it! :catholic:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i nominate Pimblor

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm constantly amused and/or baffled at how the 3D printing thread is the second most contentious thread in here.

I mostly lurk the lego and hiking threads. What's the most contentious thread here?

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Turkson posted:

I mostly lurk the lego and hiking threads. What's the most contentious thread here?

Interior Design almost certainly.

GWS has a randomly very argumentative Kitchen Equipment thread. Goons feel very passionately about some strange stuff.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So the real question is who reads both interior design and 3d printing threads, or who reads every other thread so Jade can focus on the two problem children.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I only read JBs house thread and the scale modelling thread. Neither of them have ever (iirc) been in open revolt.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Jaded Burnout posted:

It's definitely going to be a light load, that's for sure, but moderation can be proactive too :)

Yes yes. I think I get it. You start the fights so then you can ban the people.

I nominate myself.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
If you really want chaos, make PRADA SLUT the IK for the interior design thread.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Interior Design almost certainly.

:hmmyes:

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Not every thread squad can be as peaceful as the perennial pals

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Lego thread gets hot sometimes if a jortier fellow shows up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TTerrible posted:

:yeah:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Some good volunteers and recs so far, keep 'em coming.

I'm going to say probs best if the person is away from GMT, just for coverage's sake.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Corgski is sitting here saying she doesn’t wanna but I bet I can talk her into it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

If selected I pledge to turn long abandoned threads into a collaborative retelling of John Galt’s speech, or a shrine to groverhaus, or both.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Thanks for volunteering, nerds. I've submitted your names for security checks, ain't none of ya forum felons, are you?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I really only post/read the Electrical thread and the Tool thread but that Motronic guy seems to know a lot of stuff. So, maybe him?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Thanks for volunteering, nerds. I've submitted your names for security checks, ain't none of ya forum felons, are you?

*wanders over to group w bench*

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Jaded Burnout posted:

I emptypost and one-word post very often but no mod has had the COURAGE to probate me

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

I emptypost and one-word post very often but no mod has had the COURAGE to probate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:eyepop: