Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Nate Webb has a cooking show on IWTV and it is strangely compelling.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3D2OdQi640vSJq16ySbXVm?si=5Fm31Ud4RSm5RBYFtqEPzA is the song as he extracts the cheesecake.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1274573793025982465

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Deathlove posted:

Nate Webb has a cooking show on IWTV and it is strangely compelling.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3D2OdQi640vSJq16ySbXVm?si=5Fm31Ud4RSm5RBYFtqEPzA is the song as he extracts the cheesecake.

This was really enjoyable. He's a very watchable presenter for a cooking show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

beggar posted:

Fans at ringside should probably shelf mobbing Gage even after Corona, completely avoidable
Yeah, I'm not familiar with the custom but that seemed like a real bad idea considering everything we're going through for the last few months. And like even that aside if its just something you get sucked into if Gage comes near you whether you like it or not that's not real cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the custom but that seemed like a real bad idea considering everything we're going through for the last few months. And like even that aside if its just something you get sucked into if Gage comes near you whether you like it or not that's not real cool.

If you aren't familiar with it you probably shouldn't comment. It's something that happens at every show and clearly both the fans and the performer love it. Might not be the best thing to do right now, but part of the appeal of Nick Gage is he is a man of the people and you are at a big hardcore show.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

beggar posted:

Fans at ringside should probably shelf mobbing Gage even after Corona, completely avoidable

no

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

If you aren't familiar with it you probably shouldn't comment. It's something that happens at every show and clearly both the fans and the performer love it. Might not be the best thing to do right now, but part of the appeal of Nick Gage is he is a man of the people and you are at a big hardcore show.

If a bunch of fans want to mosh with Gage and he wants to mosh with them, cool, whatever. If like, its a thing that we have to trust wrestling fans not to just not care what people in the crowd think or how they feel about boundaries or how they want to be touched. Well I've been in mosh pits (both by choice and against my will) and they're not nice places that are good to people.

And I mean, its obviously just a stupid as gently caress and incredibly irresponsible thing to do in a pandemic.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

If a bunch of fans want to mosh with Gage and he wants to mosh with them, cool, whatever. If like, its a thing that we have to trust wrestling fans not to just not care what people in the crowd think or how they feel about boundaries or how they want to be touched. Well I've been in mosh pits (both by choice and against my will) and they're not nice places that are good to people.

And I mean, its obviously just a stupid as gently caress and incredibly irresponsible thing to do in a pandemic.

considering her twitter bio says “annoying gcw fan” i’m going to assume it wasn’t her first gage match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Has she said anything about her seizure and what triggered it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not really speaking to it triggering that lady's seizure. I obviously wish her the best and hope she's ok but I have no idea what caused that and wouldn't assume it was one thing or another.

I'm saying this is my first exposure to the idea that "moshing" Gage is a regular thing and in my experience mosh pits are a bad invitation to assholes who want to take cheap shots and feel people up. I have also been in places that took stuff like that seriously, its just a thing I grew out of a long time ago.

And pandemic. Come on.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
if you’re that worried about the pandemic you shouldn’t be watching any wrestling at all

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gotcha. Yeah, they're not a mosh pit like at a music show. It's pretty much like that gif but instead of an open field it's 10 or 12 people hugging/patting Gage and just being a little rowdy in a half full bar or legion hall. I don't think it's anything like the lovely pits you've been in, I've been in those lovely pits too.

Edit: And I'm with you on the pandemic but I can't control them having the show and if I spent energy worrying about things I can't control that are miles away from me I won't have the energy for the things I can control happening at my doorstep.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 21, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WatermelonGun posted:

if you’re that worried about the pandemic you shouldn’t be watching any wrestling at all

Good news, I've been watching a lot less wresting in part because of my worries about the pandemic.

Even by wrestling standards a mosh pit seems like a very irresponsible and stupid idea right now.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Edit: And I'm with you on the pandemic but I can't control them having the show and if I spent energy worrying about things I can't control that are miles away from me I won't have the energy for the things I can control happening at my doorstep.

Yeah, I can't control or worry about everything obviously. Its just I saw a thing someone posted that I was unaware of and became aware of it in this thread so I reacted in this thread.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 21, 2020

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I think that after months of pent-up frustration, especially the last few weeks(and double especially since Wednesday) moshing Gage was probably an extremely cathartic thing. I probably would've been doing it without even remembering social distancing/pandemic/etc

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

beggar posted:

KTB looking svelte out there

I feel like KTB is really underrated. Every time I’ve seen him he’s been great and dude worked his rear end off to get Marko Stunt over.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lumbermouth posted:

I feel like KTB is really underrated. Every time I’ve seen him he’s been great and dude worked his rear end off to get Marko Stunt over.

This combo was so drat smooth

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1274457701196730368

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

You haven't lived till you've screamed in Nick Gage's face to murder a loving cop caller while he slaps you in the chest.

But you should probably do that from six feet away now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

:stare:

I watched this like 6 times in a row. It's beautiful.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

As someone who has always been kinda "meh" on KTB, this blew my mind when I saw it yesterday. I think him slimming down a bit will benefit him if he can keep it up.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I gasped the first time I saw this , love when they do something unexpected out of one of the standard sequences
https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1274460668570357763

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Any idea if and when this show will be up on IWTV? Everything I've seen from it is brilliant

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1274904732000309258

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1275608185928404993

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Now that I'm never leaving the house again, I think I have my 4th of July plans sorted out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Remember last year when Cupcakes became gang affiliated?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I hope Drew wears his bcw singlet

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/drewcordeiro/status/1240816714348183555?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was at the GCW show. I sat behind the camera away from everyone but kinda near where the wrestlers were huddling to watch along.

some notes:
-it was hot as hell and the sun angle sucked. Beautiful fuckin venue 10/10 would do again just better prepared.
-check in was wash your hands and get an armband. some homeless dude wandered in and got hooked up. I know he was homeless because you got his life story as only an honest drunk can deliver.
-Mancer hung out during the Allie/Effy match to sell poo poo and presumably lead counter chants if people got weird.
-The venue is literally across the street to Indy's mega hospital complex so that lady was in no real danger aside from immediate triage and GCW was all over it.
-and yeah the medical thing really killed the heat out of the main. Both Nick and Nate are real good and got the crowd back.
-That pulled pork slider was amaze balls. I'm still thinking about it.
-All the matches were great, I couldn't really pick a fave. Probably gonna watch it on IWTV when I get that sub.
-I ate an ice cream bar with Brian Pillman Jr's rear end in my face.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

-check in was wash your hands and get an armband.
Wrestling is apparently determined to give us all Covid.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

coconono posted:

I was at the GCW show. I sat behind the camera away from everyone but kinda near where the wrestlers were huddling to watch along.

some notes:
-it was hot as hell and the sun angle sucked. Beautiful fuckin venue 10/10 would do again just better prepared.
-check in was wash your hands and get an armband. some homeless dude wandered in and got hooked up. I know he was homeless because you got his life story as only an honest drunk can deliver.
-Mancer hung out during the Allie/Effy match to sell poo poo and presumably lead counter chants if people got weird.
-The venue is literally across the street to Indy's mega hospital complex so that lady was in no real danger aside from immediate triage and GCW was all over it.
-and yeah the medical thing really killed the heat out of the main. Both Nick and Nate are real good and got the crowd back.
-That pulled pork slider was amaze balls. I'm still thinking about it.
-All the matches were great, I couldn't really pick a fave. Probably gonna watch it on IWTV when I get that sub.
-I ate an ice cream bar with Brian Pillman Jr's rear end in my face.

how safe is that water Logan took a bath in

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

how safe is that water Logan took a bath in

that water was pretty safe. They kept teasing throwing people into White River proper and that will get you sick if you haven't been hardened.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ICW New York has a show on IWTV at 8 tonight if anyone’s itching for live wrestling

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
DC wrestling is dead again, now that both Flying V and Prime Time are cancelled
https://twitter.com/PrimeTimePW/status/1276901820020011008

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

DC wrestling is dead again, now that both Flying V and Prime Time are cancelled
https://twitter.com/PrimeTimePW/status/1276901820020011008

We still have F1ght Club Pro Wrestling, but yeah. :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1277761529836900352?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ParadigmProWres/status/1277789640335011840?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What a match.

https://twitter.com/vxswrestling/status/1278497841619574785

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Unrelated to the match (which is wild enough), I'd never heard of this before, but drat they have some lovely graphic design work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Huntman posted:

Unrelated to the match (which is wild enough), I'd never heard of this before, but drat they have some lovely graphic design work.

Their first show is that show

So far they've announced that match, Deppen/Gresham, and AR Fox, Myron Reed, Blake Christian and Alex Zayne in action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chris James 2 posted:

Their first show is that show

So far they've announced that match, Deppen/Gresham, and AR Fox, Myron Reed, Blake Christian and Alex Zayne in action

Doesn't Action Bronson own this promotion? Deppen/Gresham was an amazing pick for first announced match.